Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

@Spaz Actually, I agree. I can't say much for South Park because I haven't really watched it since high school (over 10 years ago), but Family Guy and The Simpsons are just painful to watch now. In fact, I'm not sure I ever liked FG. I think I'll forever hate that show because it spawned The Cleveland Show, which caused King of the Hill (my favorite animated show of all-time) to be cancelled. That is an unforgivable sin.

I'd have to watch newer South Park episodes to see if it went downhill, but I wouldn't be surprised. It seems most shows peak around season 5. That's one of the reasons I love KotH so much. That show peaked in season 2 and remained at that level until the very end.

I'm really enjoying Bob's Burgers, though...

• Like 2

You must be around my age. I graduated high school back in 2006, and have since bounced around college in and out. 2018 will be the year I finally earn my degree. 

Could of earned it back in 2010, but you know, having critical depression and having to go through a bit of therapy while also trying to decide what I wanted to do for a career held me back for a number of years. Also worked 60 hour weeks at Dollar Tree for over two years, was mistreated and felt very miserable. Nearly broke my right leg from the platform on a stand up pallet jack, could of been in a wheelchair for possibly the rest of my life. 

Now I'm approaching the end of my 20s, going to be 30 years old before I know it. Gaming is the one hobby I've stuck through my entire life, played games on a consistent basis since 1992.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. 

I never could get into South Park. Family Guy was good for a season or two, then it sucked. The Simpsons, from 1990 to about 1996 - 1997, absolutely phenomenal. Easily would of rated it among the most memorable shows of all time, even surpassing Andy Griffith and Seinfeld. But it's gone on for so goddamn long that even the voice actors are probably tired of playing their roles. 

It's very painful to watch now. Seinfeld and the Andy Griffith Show both ended when they needed to be ended, and both are still watchable today. The Simpsons on the other hand, everybody loves the first three - five seasons, a few love the first 10 years of the show. But they are all going to forget the last 17 years, post 2000 onward. 

That, to me, is an unforgivable sin.

Back to topic. Hope you finish Arkham Knight. I still need to finish Arkham City. The base game won't be bad because I know what to expect. Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman are going to suck because you have to play the Riddler challenges three more times to get all the medals needed for the maps and campaigns. 

Catwoman is difficult to master, can't handle a lot of hits and her Thief Vision isn't nearly as good as Batmans Detective Vision. Probably a good reason why those trophies on the PS3 are Ultra Rare. 

Anyway, good luck on 100 percent completion. 

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

@Spaz Oh wow, sorry to hear about the depression thing. Yeah, it sounds like we're about the same age. I hit 30 last year. I got my master's degree not too long, though. Had some rough times in my early 20s, but I'm doing better now.

I dunno how realistic it is for me to finish Arkham Knight. I can platinum it for sure, but 100% might be out of reach. I gave up on Arkham City on my old account. Awesome game, but I could never do the combat challenges. Kinda like now!

I should probably add Arkham Knight to my 13 spooks list, since I'm nearly at the platinum anyway...

• Like 2

Time for a second update! There will always be some story in Italics and Bold (just like one you're seeing now). These will usually be non-gaming rants so if you can't be arsed with them feel free to skip past. 

From Tuesday last week to Friday (also last week) nothing really interesting happened, but I had one of my last driving licence practices. Today I was supposed to write a theoretical exam in my training centre for drivers, so I went to the guy's lecture at our Sports Centre. Although he knew I'd come he didn't bring his computer. And he didn't call me with this information either. A friend of my from elementary school was supposed to write it today as well, but two hours earlier. He was sent home with the same response from the guy. And it's not the first time he does such thing. Plus, yesterday I diagnosed myself with food poisoning (you don't have to be a doctor, it's not hard - OH MY GOD THE PUNS). I stayed at home today so I had more time then I would've. I'd write more but well, who cares? Ain't nobody got time for this (just like the memes say) so let's move to the gaming update.

UPDATE #2   13.09.2017

I woke up on Saturday and went to my pracices I mentioned in the story. I came back home and around 2 p.m. I could sit in my armchair and sink into games. The objective was to finish Get Even adn then start Child of Light. Guess what I loaded up first... Yup, you're right - Child of Light. I don't regret it though. I immersed myself in the game so much I played it continuously for about 4 hours - no breaks. I love the art style, the soundtrack, the dialogues, the ambience. Combat started to get boring though. However, I could'nt help myself and played it a little more today, the combat got kind of challenging (i.e. I can't spam any attack with just two characters anymore, I have to switch party members and sometimes even use a potion, WOW). I feel like I'm underleveled for the next chapter though. Every single fight got harder immediately. As to Get Even, I played it a bit on Saturday evening. Really, just a bit - like 40 minutes. 

When I woke up on Sunday and found myself with nothing productive to do I turned on my PS4 and got turned on by the sound of it turning on. My excitement was suddenly broken by a message saying: "Sign in to PlayStation Network". I thought to myself: "Damn, they released a mandatory software update without letting anyone know.". I checked to see how far was I from downloading said patch and I didn't see it. I went ahead to the settings and tried to sign in. I was greeted by an unpleasant error code known as WS-37397-9 - an IP ban. What a way to start a day, isn't it? I was trying to connect for one hour. I tried everything I looked up on the web. Rebuilding the database, restarting the router - twice, changing the MTU to 1470 (whatever that is), messing with the router settings - guess what, none of these worked for me. Then I connected my console to my mobile Hotspot. I was able to sign in. Then changed back to LAN and it was working. However, I lost ability to access Store or my PSN account on my PC. In the evening I e-mailed PlayStation help desk. It fixed itself on Tuesday (so, yesterday). I was able to finish Get Even on Sunday. This is definitely one of the best stories ever and the best this year. The complexity of the plot, the hidden dialogues to be accessed after getting all collectibles. PURE MASTERPIECE.

I am proud of Polish game devs recently. There are games to be proud of: The Witcher, Dying Light, Get Even and many more. I am proud to be Polish and hope to be such a successful game dev as they are right now. 

List of Eggplant Farm Games

God of War II (PS3) - DONE (100%)

Get Even (PS4) - DONE (100%)

Child of Light (PS4) - NOT YET DONE (61%)

Edited by RockyJokerPL
  • Like 2

@RockyJokerPL Nice job! Child of Light was my first (and maybe only) Xbox game. I wish they had included a platinum on the PS4 version, and I really wish it had been a free PS+ game this month in North America instead of what we got. Either way, I'll pick it up as soon as it goes on sale, because I think it's worth playing through a second time. The only part I thought was hard was the final boss.

As for me, today was a productive day. Got my new computer hooked up, and I got The Stick of Truth down to the last trophy. I even decided to add Arkham Knight to the list, to make it look like I earned an additional 89 trophies today! (To save you the trouble, I'll just tell you that I need eight more trophies for the platinum, while the rest are DLC.) Not a whole lot else to report. Just going to work on a couple more gems in Crash and then go to bed... Next up: The Deadly Tower of Monsters!

Game #4 - BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT (89/110 trophies)

Progress on September 13, 2017:

South Park: The Stick of Truth - 18 trophies

Overall progress

1. The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23/25) **READY TO PLAT**
  2. Metro: Last Light Redux (39/50)
  3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (49/51) **READY TO PLAT**
  4. Batman: Arkham Knight (89/110)
Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

@RockyJokerPL Nice job! Child of Light was my first (and maybe only) Xbox game. I wish they had included a platinum on the PS4 version, and I really wish it had been a free PS+ game this month in North America instead of what we got. Either way, I'll pick it up as soon as it goes on sale, because I think it's worth playing through a second time. The only part I thought was hard was the final boss.

As for me, today was a productive day. Got my new computer hooked up, and I got The Stick of Truth down to the last trophy. I even decided to add Arkham Knight to the list, to make it look like I earned an additional 89 trophies today! (To save you the trouble, I'll just tell you that I need eight more trophies for the platinum, while the rest are DLC.) Not a whole lot else to report. Just going to work on a couple more gems in Crash and then go to bed... Next up: The Deadly Tower of Monsters!

Game #4 – BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT (89/110 trophies)

Progress on September 13, 2017:

South Park: The Stick of Truth - 18 trophies

Overall progress

2. Metro: Last Light Redux (39/50)
  3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (49/51) **READY TO PLAT*

The plat's not worth it, don't willingly name yourself Douchebag ?haha. Some mean trophies. xD

• Like 3

@Avalynch A lot of those trophies made me question my life decisions. Still, I play as an asshole in so many games that I thought it was fitting. (I just made sure to do it on a character that wasn't one I intended to play through the game with.)

Speaking of things I didn't intend to do, I got the Crash bug today. I'm not sure why. I got one gem and then figured I'd go for a time trial. Then let to another gem, which led to another time trial. Before I knew it, I was Fumbling in the Dark and High Roading it all the way to the top. My thumbs hurt, my forehead is covered in sweat, my controller may or may not have been pounded against the floor repeatedly, but I can finally say I have...

Platinum #81 - Crash Bandicoot

1L25a470.png

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

@Avalynch A lot of those trophies made me question my life decisions. Still, I play as an asshole in so many games that I thought it was fitting. (I just made sure to do it on a character that wasn't one I intended to play through the game with.)

Speaking of things I didn't intend to do, I got the Crash bug today. I'm not sure why. I got one gem and then figured I'd go for a time trial. Then let to another gem, which led to another time trial. Before I knew it, I was Fumbling in the Dark and High Roading it all the way to the top. My thumbs hurt, my forehead is covered in sweat, my controller may or may not have been pounded against the floor repeatedly, but I can finally say I have...

Platinum #81 - Crash Bandicoot

1L25a470.png

Hey congrats on earning the Crash Bandicoot platinum. Having finished off the trilogy recently, lemme just give you a little pat on the back for doing it. The High Road levels made me want to give up, I could never get on the ropes and stay on them consistently. I dropped to my death more times than I care to recount in this game. And I'd miss jumps with the Turtles all the time. I actually found Stormy Ascent to be a fair challenge 80% of the time. But you have to practice and master Crash Bandicoot if you want to beat this level and go for full completion. Hopefully you'll be able to grab Stormy Ascent's Relic and Gem, without too much hassle. 

Crash Bandicoot was the hardest game of the trilogy. So expect the later games to still be challenging, but not as crushing or cruel, when it comes to the Time Trials, which I urge you to wait. Until you get the Sprint Shoes from Cortex, in the two sequels. Which will make the trials, much easier to do. Crash 2 isn't built for Time trials as well as warped, so there will be some difficult parts in it. I'd also recommend going for the 105% completion in Warped, it's a great challenge, well worth aiming for. Even if it's not required for the platinum trophy.

• Like 2

@James_Tonto Thanks so much for stopping by! The High Road was certainly challenging. I used a combination of running on the ropes (for one section), quickly bouncing off the ropes and landing back on the bridge to make a big jump (twice), and playing the level legitimately. My reasoning for that is that it there's too much risk in relying on the ropes for the entire level. If I only use the ropes once or twice, I can shave off the hardest sections while minimizing the amount of restarts it takes. Even then, I had to clear the level three times, as my first two finishes were around 1:15 (two seconds over the gold relic time). I don't think that was my hardest level, though. That honor goes to Sunset Vista, for being a ridiculous endurance run. And yeah, I did pick up Stormy Ascent, which is proving to be just as hard as The High Road and just as long as Sunset Vista. I beat the level (after wasting 50+ lives), but the gold relic will take me a while. That part where you have to ascend the quickly retracting platforms is killer. And we all know I'm going to fail on those last three birds. I'm just waiting for that to happen.

Glad to hear the other two games are more forgiving! I will likely begin Crash 2 tonight, unless that XCOM 2 itch kicks in. It does mean taking a break from spooky games, but I kinda need that after South Park. I think my goal will be to have seven games ready to platinum by the end of the month. We're only at two, but Metro and Arkham Knight are pretty close to being done, and Deadly Tower looks like a short game (~5 hours). We should be able to get to five fairly quickly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

@James_Tonto Thanks so much for stopping by! The High Road was certainly challenging. I used a combination of running on the ropes (for one section), quickly bouncing off the ropes and landing back on the bridge to make a big jump (twice), and playing the level legitimately. My reasoning for that is that it there's too much risk in relying on the ropes for the entire level. If I only use the ropes once or twice, I can shave off the hardest sections while minimizing the amount of restarts it takes. Even then, I had to clear the level three times, as my first two finishes were around 1:15 (two seconds over the gold relic time). I don't think that was my hardest level, though. That honor goes to Sunset Vista, for being a ridiculous endurance run. And yeah, I did pick up Stormy Ascent, which is proving to be just as hard as The High Road and just as long as Sunset Vista. I beat the level (after wasting 50+ lives), but the gold relic will take me a while. That part where you have to ascend the quickly retracting platforms is killer. And we all know I'm going to fail on those last three birds. I'm just waiting for that to happen.

Glad to hear the other two games are more forgiving! I will likely begin Crash 2 tonight, unless that XCOM 2 itch kicks in. It does mean taking a break from spooky games, but I kinda need that after South Park. I think my goal will be to have seven games ready to platinum by the end of the month. We're only at two, but Metro and Arkham Knight are pretty close to being done, and Deadly Tower looks like a short game (~5 hours). We should be able to get to five fairly quickly.

Yeah I knew I couldn't 100% rely on the ropes, when doing the High Road. Like you described, I mixed in using the rope and doing it normally. Sunset Vista was tough, but I still think it was easier than High Road, just one hell of an endurance test. The Native Fortress was also a pain, especially that one bit, where you have to jump on the three torches. I did manage to beat Stormy Ascent, after losing about 20 lives, though I was getting used to the Crash Bandicoot controls, which are way more limited than the sequels. So that's something else for you to look forward to, in Crash 2 and Warped, better controls. Crash 2 is going to be more merciful, you'll probably be able to earn the platinum this month. And you'll definitely be able to do Crash 3 pretty quickly.

Since October is rolling around soon, I have a few recommendations for the month of spooks and ghouls. 

1. Resident Evil - I haven't played it yet myself, I'm planning to play it, when I get back from holiday, in October.

2. Lone Survivor - I need to come back and play this title, but I can tell you, it's scary. More than you would think possible, for a 2D Sidescroller

3. Splatterhouse - This will fill that niche of grisly, bloody gore. It even takes place on Halloween, it's the perfect game to play on Halloween. I platinumed the game on October, 6 years ago

4. Dead Space - It's a great horror game, especially your first time through.

5. Dead Space 2 - The perfect sequel

6. Dead Space Extraction - Ideal for a bit of rail shooter fun. No enough of these rail-shooter games.

7. House of the Dead 3 - I enjoyed this game, and I'll hopefully be able to earn all the trophies in October or November. If you're not a rail-shooter fan, I'd skip this and DS: Extraction.

8. Demon's Souls - I see you've beaten some of From Software's games, so maybe Halloween would be ideal to go back to the Older Brother of the Souls series

9. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - It's a different spin on a Castlevania title. One I've been meaning to go back to.

10. Shadows of the Damned - I liked the game, just not had a chance to go back and finish it.

11. Dante's Inferno - It's a fun game overall, you go through hell, fight embodiment's of sins and various sinners. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions, @James_Tonto! I've only played one game on this list (Demon's Souls, which is one of my favorites). The rest I haven't tried or haven't heard of, so I'll need to look into them. The one thing to note is I don't have a PS3 or Playstation Now.

Anyway, quick update. As you probably guessed, I started playing XCOM 2 with the "just one more mission" mentality, and now I'm nearly through another campaign. The new expansion doesn't have a difficulty requirement, so I decided to play through the game on Veteran, which is the default difficulty. It's still challenging, but I rarely ran the risk of dying, except for the end of the Chosen Stronghold mission. Also, my best unit was captured in the middle of the campaign. I'm not sure how you save them, but I'm just going to go ahead and pretend that she was rescued when I killed one of the Chosen. It's not what happened, but I'm happy living a lie.

Surprisingly, the DLC trophies aren't that hard. Some of them are a little tricky to set up, but I ran into one mission that gave me the perfect opportunity to knock three of them out of the way. Right now, I only have two trophies left: complete a mission with all of my soldiers in the "tired" status, and form a level 3 bond between two soldiers. I'm pretty close to the bond trophy, but the other one is tough because soldiers recover too quickly from battle (at least on the default difficulty). While I COULD make a new campaign (or up the difficulty), I decided I'd try something funnier: clearing an entire mission with only two soldiers, since that's the maximum number of units I ever seem to have in that status. Insane? Probably, since I'm allowed -- and need -- four to six soldiers per battle. But this is how heroes are made.

So, buckle up, Jane Kelly and Ruby the Reaper -- you have an alien facility to overtake!

EDIT: Reapers are overpowered. We were able to sneak into the facility, plant the bomb, and evac out before the enemy even knew we were there. Easiest trophy ever.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

Back to the spook! No new game to report (well, I did begin Crash 2), but I managed to knock out all nine challenge missions in Metro today. (Yes, I used all the shortcuts and glitches that I could, because I didn't want to take the time to relearn the game.) Honestly, I think the hardest challenge mission...was the Spider Lair. Because it was a lair. Full of spiders.

The easiest was probably the one that required "playing" the developer level for one hour. Does that overtake XCOM 2's Weary Warriors trophy that I mentioned last night? Well, no, because I decided to take a short nap while in the developer level and my controller shut off due to inactivity. That caused the game to become paused, so I had to unpause it and wait another hour when I finally woke up! Seriously, game!? You're going to make me work for my trophies now?

What has this world come to?

Progress on September 18, 2017:

Metro: Last Light Redux - 9 trophies

Overall progress

2. Metro: Last Light Redux (48/50) **READY TO PLAT**
  • Like 2

OK, I finally began a new game. This is an interesting one. As a big fan of MST3k, I like just about anything that pokes fun of bad movies. Heck, I do it myself all the time, by watching some of the crappiest films Netflix has to offer. Fortunately, movies are generally short. Unfortunately, so is this game. Only four hours long? For shame. I don't know how far along I am, but there are apparently 65 floors, and I'm already on floor 20. I only played for a couple of hours tonight.

Speaking of numerical status updates, I have a report on Crash 2. We now have 18/42 gems and 13/27 relics. That's about halfway. I'd still like to 100% the first game before finishing the second, but this one is certainly easier. I'm not sure I can overcome Stormy Ascent.

In the future, I probably won't be playing multiple games at a time. My dream, if you can call it that, is to only have approximately two games going at any one time (with the second game being one that I'm just grinding or collecting collectibles on). Unfortunately, this event and my sister's insistence on playing Crash makes it difficult.

Halloween, you can't come fast enough!

Game #5 - THE DEADLY TOWER OF MONSTERS (5/24 trophies)

Progress on September 19, 2017:

The Deadly Tower of Monsters - 5 trophies

Overall progress

5. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (5/24)
Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

Well, it's Wednesday, but I feel like it is my 8th Labor Day in a row. I beg Friday to arrive quciker than it should. I have ambitious plans regarding Friday. Go out with my friend to see "It" and then get shitfac... go have a cultural drink in PadClub. It's an amazing place - a club with consoles ranging from Nintendo 64 or PSX all the way through to XBOX One and PlayStation 4. You can play Guitar Hero, Tekken, Soul Calibur, FIFA, Mortal Kombat, Mario-Kart-Racing-Game-However-It's-Called or even board games. You can even see collectible figurines of e.g. Cole McGrath, Harley Quinn or Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet. Let's not forget about drinks served in the bar. However, you should rather call them "Shots". These are reaaaaally cool. You know how there are hundreds (if not more) drinks or shots recipes. Well, they either used existing ones or created their own naming them accordingly to which game they would fit. For instance, normally there is Kamikaze which is vodka, Blue Curacao liqour and lemon juice. The thing is you are supposed to drink four of them one after another in a quick succession. They have their own colored shots which they called "Need for Speed" - you are also supposed to get four of them down quickly. There is a shot with Tabasco called "Castlevania" or just straight Vodka called "Headshot". I can't wait till Friday!!!

UPDATE #3   20.09.2017

As you remember (or not) I suffered from food poisoning on Tuesday and Wednesday last week. When I got over it I came down with a sickness (yeah, just like Disturbed) - a regular cold to be exact. I'm still regenerating, however I returned to my daily routine on Monday. I spent most of Saturday in bed, but got up in the evening. I used this evening time to play Child of Light for a couple hours. Did not make much progress on Saturday though.

On Sunday however, I managed to finish Child of Light and get all trophies. If someone asked me whether I recommend this game... hell yes I do! The story is rather straightforward, but the art style, soundtrack and pure fun make up for it. There is something to these hand-drawn games (I guess it is hand-drawn, but I'm not sure; correct me if I'm wrong) that just attracts me to the screen. I love Indie games in general, but the graphics in some of them is just outstanding. It's a bit of a paradox, because I normally don't care about graphics. The game can be made of pixels of building size, but I will play it as long as it's playable and I'm having fun. That's why I have played games like Hotline Miami (it's also soundtrack and difficulty what got me into the game - can we please disregard the fact that I am yet to finish it).

I also bought myself Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition in case I run out of games to play (yup, you guessed it, the second half of the sentence is pure sarcasm). What's more, I played it for a few hours and found it hella fun. Will definitely play a few matches every weekend. I am not adding it to my Eggplant Farm Games because I do not intend to finish it in a near future. It's more of a far-reaching goal. I also bought myself three online courses on Udemy to hopefully make some significant progress in my game developing learning process.

Today I also bought myself Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. I loved the first part and I'm looking forward to playing this one too (did I mention I buy these games in case I run out of titles to play?).

When it comes to planning my next move (i.e. next games to finish) I add two to the list: Batman Arkham Knight and Uncharted The Lost Legacy. I hope when I play Batsy I'm not gonna throw the game out the window to see if he can really glide in the air. 

I added Platinum Emoji (:platinum:) to the games on the list I have platted (obviously if there is no platinum to achieve, there is no emoji).

List of Eggplant Farm Games

God of War II (PS3) - DONE (100%) :platinum:

Get Even (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

Child of Light (PS4) - DONE (100%) 

Batman Arkham Knight (PS4) - GONNA BE A PAIN IN MY ASS (95%) :platinum:

Uncharted The Lost Legacy (PS4) - AND THIS ONE HOPEFULLY WILL BE A RELIEVER OF THE AFOREMENTIONED PAIN (18%)

Edited by RockyJokerPL
  • Like 2

Congratulations on finishing CoL, @RockyJokerPL! I don't remember a lot about it, but you make me want to play through it again. I'll probably end up buying it sometime this winter, since us NA folks didn't get it for free this month. Oh, and I see you're starting PvZ:GW2. See my previous tips on combating some of the harder trophies (namely the Trials of Gnomus DLC). Otherwise, the game is very fun, and you don't even have to touch the multiplayer mode. Even though you have to be online. At all times. For some reason.

Seriously, the game kicks you if your internet goes out, even momentarily. That screwed up my first (and nearly perfect) Gnomus the Gnome King run. Fortunately, he's not nearly as bad as the Boss Hunt events. If I had gotten kicked from one of those when we were almost to victory...

ANYWAY, I finished TDToM today. It was as short as advertised. Still a fun game, and I liked the (literal) fourth wall breakage. There are still several trophies I'll need to get, but they're mostly collectibles and an optional boss battle. I don't expect that to take long.

That about wraps it up for the spooky games I knew I was going to play. In trying to figure out what other games we'll use for this event, I've been reading over previous suggestions. From @James_Tonto's list, I think the original Resident Evil and Lone Survivor are both good candidates. The others are all PS3 games, which I unfortunately don't have access to (or else I'd have spent the last few months playing through Demon's Souls and Dark Souls again). LS looks short enough, but I have to admit that I'm still a little leery about RE's four playthrough approach. I typically max out at two. Any more than that and I feel like it's a chore. It wouldn't be so bad if I could space them out, but we're talking four playthroughs in the time span of about a month... For those of you who have played the game before, are those playthroughs different enough to not make me bored? I understand they're geared towards different play styles (e.g. using a specific character or weapon for the entire game), so that could make it bearable. It would certainly help if it's a good game too!

As for @RockyJokerPL's list, I think Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Get Even are good choices. I didn't look too deep into either game because I don't like spoilers, but they look fairly short and shouldn't give me too much trouble. I do have to wonder what's up with Senua's face in this image, though: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6446-hellblade-senuas-sacrifice. That's gotta be the worst yearbook photo I've ever seen.

For all these games, the deciding factor will likely be cost. I don't want to spoil anything, but I do plan on playing a couple of major titles after this event is over, and I want to have enough money left over to purchase them. Then we'll see about buying anybody Christmas presents. I know a Nintendo Switch is going on my list. If I get BotW, you may not see me for a few months. It'll be Skyrim all over again.

Final note! Due to this recent gaming craze (seriously, I don't always play this many games in such a short period of time), a new milestone is quickly sneaking up on us. That's right -- trophy #4000! As you may or may not know (you should know), I plan out the majority of my milestones. (Mostly my "plan" consists of looking at the games I'm currently playing and pinpointing which trophy I think has the coolest image or title.) I haven't given a lot of though to this one, but it might be something worth thinking about. Unfortunately, I'm more restricted than I usually am, as I don't have time to play yet another game that isn't part of this event. That kinda limits our choices.

Progress on September 20, 2017:

The Deadly Tower of Monsters - 6 trophies

Overall progress

5. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (11/24)
  • Like 3

Sorry I haven't posted here for awhile, I get the updates sent to my email and I read them everyone I get one I just haven't been gaming or talking on here lately. I've been getting good grades in school and struggling through depression but I'm liking the progress that everyone's been making and it's motivated me to play a game this weekend.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AydenBonnette said:

Sorry I haven't posted here for awhile, I get the updates sent to my email and I read them everyone I get one I just haven't been gaming or talking on here lately. I've been getting good grades in school and struggling through depression but I'm liking the progress that everyone's been making and it's motivated me to play a game this weekend.

I hope you got a good game picked out! I'll likely begin Resident Evil this weekend. I was going to start it tonight, but then I started watching Thursday night football and it turned out to be a decent game, so I just worked on TDToM instead. Eleven trophies later and...well, another game knocked out.

Progress on September 21, 2017:

The Deadly Tower of Monsters - 11 trophies

Overall progress

5. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (22/24) **READY TO PLAT**
  • Like 3

TODAY...was a truly epic day. Why, you ask? Well, for four simple reasons! ONE, it is the FIRST day of autumn! That makes it very special. TWO, it is the SECOND year anniversary of this account! That's right -- two years ago on this date, I was collecting my first trophy. I was just a young tomb raider back then. THREE, I played THREE spooky games! Well, one was spooky. Another was the Batgirl DLC. The third was just depressing as hell. And I thought Metro was bad. (Yeah, I really can't recommend Dead Synchronicity, even if you like point-and-clicks.)

And the fourth reason? Why, we're almost at TROPHY FOUR THOUSAND! Only ten to go. *shoots off fireworks*

I was tempted to get #4000 today, but I still don't have a trophy picked out for this milestone, and I really can't play any more games tonight. I also don't want to rush my RE playthrough. Since I'm doing the Chris knife only playthrough first, I may end up using a guide. Not my preferred way of playing games, but no sense getting frustrated. I know how older games are.

Game #6 - DEAD SYNCHRONICITY (23/25 trophies)

Game #7 - RESIDENT EVIL (2/45 trophies)

Progress on September 22, 2017:

Dead Synchronicity - 23 trophies

Batman: Arkham Knight - 8 trophies

Resident Evil - 2 trophies

Overall progress

4. Batman: Arkham Knight (97/110)
  5. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (22/24) **READY TO PLAT**
  6. Dead Synchronicity (23/25) **READY TO PLAT**
  7. Resident Evil (2/45)
Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

Well, the world didn't end today, but my quest to complete Crash 1 did! Truth be told, I wasn't planning on doing that. I had intended to play a little more Resident Evil, get close to trophy #4000, and then work on Crash 1 or 2 until I came up a good idea for a milestone, knowing that I wasn't likely to pop a trophy in either game. How was I to know I was only a few attempts away from completing Stormy Ascent? (And yes, I died on the last three birds several times.) Once I got the time trial done, I decided I'd just do the level again for the clear gem. That put me at 3999 trophies, so I just went back to RE and snagged a trophy for saving Rebecca. Also, that plant boss was extremely annoying. I can't wait until I can fight it with something other than a knife.

That's about it for today. I'm going to make a change in how I record my daily progress, though. From now on, I'll just use the strikethrough text for games I've completed, while those in progress will be in color. That should make it easier to read.

Progress on September 23, 2017:

Resident Evil - 8 trophies

Overall progress

1. The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23/25)
  2. Metro: Last Light Redux (48/50)
  3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (49/51)
  5. The Deadly Tower of Monsters (22/24)
  6. Dead Synchronicity (23/25)
  7. Resident Evil (10/45)
Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

Finished my knife only playthrough of RE and decided to begin my Jill collector-of-all-items playthrough. I'm actually getting pretty familiar with the map now, but I need to chill out with the ink ribbons. I'm assuming there will be a lot less of these when I play through on the hardest difficulty.

Looking ahead, I'll probably focus on RE for the majority of the week. I would like to sneak in one more spooky game so that I can stay on track, though. I want to have at least six games on my list at 100% before the end of the month. 

Progress on September 24, 2017:

Resident Evil - 12 trophies

Overall progress

7. Resident Evil (22/45)
Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

Didn't do much today. Just platinumed the second hardest platformer I've ever played and knocked out a couple more trophies in RE. No big.

Platinum #82 - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

1Le6b57f.png

Progress on September 25, 2017:

Resident Evil - 2 trophies

Overall progress

7. Resident Evil (24/45)
Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Great job on Crash Bandicoot 2.

Bit surprised you call it the second hardest platformer though.

Well, with two asterisk after that. First asterisk: that I've played. Second asterisk: to reach 100%. The game itself wasn't so bad. It was certainly easier than Crash 1, and I think it only took me a few days to beat. To get all of the gems and relics, though... Yeah, I'm not sure what other platformer I've played in recent years could compare. Part of the reason for that is the perspective. Most platformers have you run from left to right, but Crash is all over the place. Sometimes you're running towards the screen, sometimes you're running away, sometimes the camera is overhead, and sometimes you're on the back of a runaway polar bear and you can't see what's in front of you. Add in the fact that you pretty much have to master every level in order to complete the gold relic time trials, and I think you have a fairly hard game on your hands.

Granted, I didn't really grow up on platformers. I had the popular Nintendo ones, but I didn't find many of those to be challenging. Maybe if you go all the way back to the NES/SNES days, but then you're getting into that were-they-hard-or-was-I-just-too-young territory. It also didn't help that I never played a Crash game before this.

• Like 1

Began Crash 3 today. Finished Crash 3 today. That...was a lot easier than the first two. Still have most of the gems and relics left to collect, of course, but I don't see it being nearly as challenging. Perhaps I have reached peak Crash form!

Oh, and I killed zombies in Resident Evil.

Progress on September 26, 2017:

Resident Evil - 8 trophies

Overall progress

7. Resident Evil (32/45)
Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1