Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Go awaaaaaay, Dark Cloud! I don't have time for your nonsense.

Actually, I recommend that game. You can actually just use a glitch to get the best weapons early and just hack through everything. ^_^

If you are looking for a short easy platinum that doesn't make you hate your life, how about The Gardens Between? It has a bit of a depressing ending but it's not as bad as Life is Strange, nobody dies, and all have to do it manipulate time to solve puzzles. It takes about two hours tops to complete and if you miss a trophy, you can use chapter select to get it.

As for me, I'm closing in on my #100 right now. I just have 20 more familiars to tame...

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

Well, I know you probably won't read this before Saturday because of Thanksgiving Day feasting with your family, but I saw someone streaming Valkyrie Chronicles 4 on Twitch and thought it looked pretty neat. I told the streamer you killed off half of your squad and he laughed and said "Killing off half of your squad, not the smartest idea." :P

I just platinumed my 101st game in My Brother Rabbit, another Artifex Mundi title. But it was a little simpler and really portrayed a boy's fear of his little sis getting really sick and having to go into surgery. The way it showed off the characters and didn't use any dialogue was amazing and I guess it hit me in the feels too because my parents are getting on in years and the thought of losing my mom to old age is scary. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, Cass.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 6:39 PM, Cassylvania said:

ANYWAY, that was a pathetic performance out of the Vikings. You know, for a "franchise" quarterback, Cousins' 4-12 record in prime time games is not very impressive. Here's to hoping he can take out the moldy cheese next weekend, because I deserve some kind of compensation for having to suffer through Collinsworth for two Sundays in a row. (Also, I hate you, Jon Gruden!)

Yeah, that was tough to watch. Either the Bears are better than I gave them credit for or the Vikings aren't as good. They were playing from behind so that probably factors into it...but that running game was abysmal...and since I have stock in Cook that led to a fantasy loss lol The good news is they still have a great chance to get into the playoffs since the NFC seems very top heavy with the rest a bunch of mediocre teams. I'm still pulling for them for you!

22 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Alright. I'm going to admit that Blackwood Crossing actually bothered me enough that I had trouble sleeping last night. That may be the first time a game has truly depressed me. Like, in terms of making me feel real emotions, it goes: Ether One < Gone Home < Everybody's Gone to the Rapture < Life is Strange < Last Day of June < a dead puppy < Forrest Gump < that picnic scene in Everybody's Fine < Blackwood Crossing. Maybe it's the subject material, or the fact that it hits closer to home than the others, but...yeah, not what I was expecting. Hence the lack of a pre-Thanksgiving platinum! Gotta do another playthrough for collectibles and missables. Joy.

I have to admit myself that I'm really intrigued by this game now. I haven't really ever played a game that moved me quite like that game moved you. I've played plenty of games where I was pumped up about something or super competitive...but only a few ever really hit me in the feels. Generally only PS1 and earlier Final Fantasy games came close...I might just have to pick this one up.

I started up Spider-Man last night and it's pretty cool so far. The travel is the best part for me so far. I don't find the combat to be as smooth as Batman...it's much more spastic and chaotic for me so far, but I'm sure once I get the hang of it more it'll feel smoother. I'm really early in the game, but so far I do like Batman a bit better...fortunately Return to Arkham City ends in an 8 so that may end up being my next next game. Valkyria Chronicles 4 is up next for #75.

Tomorrow is my favorite day of the year. Food, Football and Family (in that order ;)) We're having it at my house this year so I get to keep my sweatpants on all day and not feel bad about it. Staples at dinner in my family include the usual suspects (turkey, stuffing, mashed potato's) and also some not so typical food. We have pepperoni bread (I usually don't have room for dinner since I fill up on this) and beef tenderloin as an alternative option to turkey. In my house, it's cranberry sauce shaped like a can or bust...none of that real cranberry sauce shit...what about you?

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Briste said:

Tomorrow is my favorite day of the year. Food, Football and Family

I don't think we'll be watching any football as we're going to be at my little sister's house at 2 PM and we don't have cable anymore, we just stream TV. Will have to take my Vita over there to finish up my platinum of LEGO Jurassic World (Vita version) and maybe Tearaway, both which I rented on GameFly.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 4:52 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

If you are looking for a short easy platinum that doesn't make you hate your life, how about The Gardens Between? It has a bit of a depressing ending but it's not as bad as Life is Strange, nobody dies, and all have to do it manipulate time to solve puzzles. It takes about two hours tops to complete and if you miss a trophy, you can use chapter select to get it.

I went with Gryphon Knight Epic, to go along with my all-things-royal theme. It's actually pretty tough. I can't beat the final boss, and I'm not sure how I'll beat the entire game with no upgrades. It's short enough that I'm sure I'll find a way, but it's going to test me.

Congrats on platinum #100!

On 11/21/2018 at 10:52 PM, DragonQuest238 said:

Well, I know you probably won't read this before Saturday because of Thanksgiving Day feasting with your family, but I saw someone streaming Valkyrie Chronicles 4 on Twitch and thought it looked pretty neat. I told the streamer you killed off half of your squad and he laughed and said "Killing off half of your squad, not the smartest idea." :P

Especially since you need them all alive for a trophy... Bad foresight there, Casserole.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:31 PM, Briste said:

Yeah, that was tough to watch. Either the Bears are better than I gave them credit for or the Vikings aren't as good. They were playing from behind so that probably factors into it...but that running game was abysmal...and since I have stock in Cook that led to a fantasy loss lol The good news is they still have a great chance to get into the playoffs since the NFC seems very top heavy with the rest a bunch of mediocre teams. I'm still pulling for them for you!

Gonna be even tougher sledding now, with the Bears beating the Lions today. I only caught the end of the game, but that was more than enough time to see Stafford throw multiple interceptions. Sometimes I think he does that just to spite me!

Vikes are likely in a must-win against the cheese on Sunday now.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:31 PM, Briste said:

Tomorrow is my favorite day of the year. Food, Football and Family (in that order ;)) We're having it at my house this year so I get to keep my sweatpants on all day and not feel bad about it. Staples at dinner in my family include the usual suspects (turkey, stuffing, mashed potato's) and also some not so typical food. We have pepperoni bread (I usually don't have room for dinner since I fill up on this) and beef tenderloin as an alternative option to turkey. In my house, it's cranberry sauce shaped like a can or bust...none of that real cranberry sauce shit...what about you?

This was the typical Thanksgiving for me, with all the family drama that I've been trying to avoid since moving out. I forget I'm Italian sometimes, until I see the people who raised me. Fortunately, I was neither involved in this conversation, nor part of it. I just sat quietly in the other room and listened to the F-bombs rain down from the kitchen. This is why I've never left the kids' table. Really didn't get a chance to watch much football, but I see all my least favorite teams won. Hooray.

It feels...really good to be home. Like, actual home. Not whatever that place was.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Congrats on platinum #100!

Thanks! :D

My sisters gave their Christmas gifts that day because my other little sister lives six hours from us and she decided to spend Christmas gift-giving with her in-laws. I did get a toothbrush I recommended to my parents, this electric model called Quip which has a pulse timer that goes off every 30 seconds so you switch to each part of your mouth to get a better cleaning. Oh, and I got food, a LOT of food. My pregnant sister made sweet loafs and dad traded me his for banana nut muffins(doesn't Ruth Ann know I hate banana nut muffins and cherry almonds by now? :() and now have two iced eggnog little loafs. ^_^

(It was rectified because Ruth Ann and her husband gave me $45 in cold hard cash to spend on what I want, so I might be able to afford that stupid $60 Pokemon GO Switch ripoff, Let's Go. I don't plan on buying anything PSN related for the rest of the year as my next major purchase will be Kingdom Hearts 3 on January 29.) Now to finish off LEGO Jurassic World for Vita and return it. I put down Switch titles on my Q because I really need to stop platinuming rental games until 2019 as I have way too much on my turkey plate to work on, namely trying to platinum a Kingdom Hearts game before the holidays end.

It feels...really good to be home. Like, actual home. Not whatever that place was.

Sorry to hear that you hate your family. Too bad we can't interact physically or I'd totally invite you over to our place for Christmas. Our family is much more civil and friendly and I could introduce you to my pregnant sister and her husband(and their three annoying dogs xD). I know not everyone has an awesome family as I do(despite my dad really getting on my back whenever I get more stupid cavities, hopefully that toothbrush will reduce them so we can afford to pay for any more dental work, I was supposed to have my bottom implants put in months ago but the dentist won't do any major dental work until the rest of the teeth can support the healing wounds :() and I pray you have a much better Christmas filled with gaming and happiness. :)

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

My sisters gave their Christmas gifts that day because my other little sister lives six hours from us and she decided to spend Christmas gift-giving with her in-laws. I did get a toothbrush I recommended to my parents, this electric model called Quip which has a pulse timer that goes off every 30 seconds so you switch to each part of your mouth to get a better cleaning.

You seem even more obsessive about your teeth than I am. It's probably an OCD thing, but I brush after just about every meal (so at least three times a day), and I think I've only had one cavity in my life. My main reason? I'm terrified of the dentist. Not really going, but a Howie Mandel-level of uncomfortableness with somebody poking around inside of me. Unlike my other OCD issues, though, I've kinda let this one go, because it's helped a lot with my eating habits over the years. Any time I reach for sweets, I think about what that might do to my teeth, and I munch on a carrot instead.

5 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Sorry to hear that you hate your family. Too bad we can't interact physically or I'd totally invite you over to our place for Christmas. Our family is much more civil and friendly and I could introduce you to my pregnant sister and her husband(and their three annoying dogs xD). I know not everyone has an awesome family as I do(despite my dad really getting on my back whenever I get more stupid cavities, hopefully that toothbrush will reduce them so we can afford to pay for any more dental work, I was supposed to have my bottom implants put in months ago but the dentist won't do any major dental work until the rest of the teeth can support the healing wounds :() and I pray you have a much better Christmas filled with gaming and happiness. :)

Oh, no no no. I love my family. I just don't like all the fighting. There are two kinds of it in this family -- the kind I have with my siblings, which is mostly playful banter, wrestling, and the occasional scream-off, and then the kind that reminds me why I left home as soon as I turned 18. I didn't exactly need a reminder last night. But it's OK. We got games to play, and trophies to earn. I've finally beaten Riku's story (much shorter campaign, at around 8 hours), and now I just need to level these chumps to 99 and get all the enemy cards. Those seem to be the three major grinds I have left. Just not really sure where CoM is going to fit into the Christmas event...

But I think I have most of the categories figured out.

21 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

This was the typical Thanksgiving for me, with all the family drama that I've been trying to avoid since moving out. I forget I'm Italian sometimes, until I see the people who raised me. Fortunately, I was neither involved in this conversation, nor part of it. I just sat quietly in the other room and listened to the F-bombs rain down from the kitchen.

This sounds a lot like how Thanksgiving used to be for me. Once I had kids, my wife and I decided that we didn't want to do the big family dinner, but make it smaller. My Grandmother was one of 12 kids and my mother used to host. I'd have great-aunts and cousins that I'd only see once a year there, and there always seemed to be some dumb family drama. I remember one year, we were sitting around the table and my mother said to my grandfather "Dad, I really love that ring of yours. Do you think I could have it when you die?" I almost spit my milk out I was so shocked...but the worst thing was my aunt (her older sister) saying "Why should you get the ring? I'm the oldest and I like it too...Dad I should have the ring." Here we are having Thanksgiving dinner and my mother and her sister are arguing over who gets their father's ring...in front of him....WHILE HE'S ALIVE!! I had to get up and leave I was so mad....they were like Vultures. Breaking away from all that has made the day much more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong either...I love my family too...but sometimes I love them from a safe distance more :) It's really too bad when things devolve like that and I'm sorry it happened to you yesterday;;

Today was my friends annual flag football game. It was about 18 degrees out and the ground was frozen. I was wearing rubber cleats instead of metal and man was it a problem. The field was so slick. I twisted my knee pretty badly actually from it. I intercepted a ball and started running up the field. I stopped to cut and my plant foot started to slip. But before I slipped and fell, one of the cleats gripped and I turned my ankle and my knee bent under me. My brain still says I'm an 18 year old athlete, but my body says whoa!!! you're actually pushing 40 old man. I'm going to walk it off, but it's swelling a bit and hurts like a bitch lol I guess I'll have to rest and play some Spider-Man ;) I've gotten better at the combat and it really is a lot of fun. I suck at fighting the big brawlers, but I've gotten the hang of everyone else so far. I still like Batman's combat better, but this is growing on me a little.

I'm hoping this isn't the case...but I may be taking a forced week off from gaming. My house only has one bathroom and it's upstairs and we are having a half bath added downstairs. Unfortunately, the work will put the only bathroom we have right now out of commission for the week and we are staying at my in-laws. I won't have access to my PS4...I'm debating bringing my Vita, but I feel like that would be anti-social so may just bite the bullet and go cold turkey. It will make finishing the games I want to for the events harder, but the good news is I've already qualified in both so if I can't finish it's no problem.

Did you take advantage of any Black Friday sales? I saw a couple of games I was interested in, but decided to hold off until I clear out some of this backlog.

Edited by Briste
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Briste said:

This sounds a lot like how Thanksgiving used to be for me. Once I had kids, my wife and I decided that we didn't want to do the big family dinner, but make it smaller. My Grandmother was one of 12 kids and my mother used to host. I'd have great-aunts and cousins that I'd only see once a year there, and there always seemed to be some dumb family drama. I remember one year, we were sitting around the table and my mother said to my grandfather "Dad, I really love that ring of yours. Do you think I could have it when you die?" I almost spit my milk out I was so shocked...but the worst thing was my aunt (her older sister) saying "Why should you get the ring? I'm the oldest and I like it too...Dad I should have the ring." Here we are having Thanksgiving dinner and my mother and her sister are arguing over who gets their father's ring...in front of him....WHILE HE'S ALIVE!! I had to get up and leave I was so mad....they were like Vultures. Breaking away from all that has made the day much more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong either...I love my family too...but sometimes I love them from a safe distance more :) It's really too bad when things devolve like that and I'm sorry it happened to you yesterday;;

Yeesh. I'll go out of my way to avoid drama like that. That's why I had the common sense to sit in the other room for dinner, and play board games with the kids. Heck, I'll even let them win, just to keep anybody from getting upset. I'm kinda like the peacekeeper in the family.

15 minutes ago, Briste said:

I'm hoping this isn't the case...but I may be taking a forced week off from gaming. My house only has one bathroom and it's upstairs and we are having a half bath added downstairs. Unfortunately, the work will put the only bathroom we have right now out of commission for the week and we are staying at my in-laws. I won't have access to my PS4...I'm debating bringing my Vita, but I feel like that would be anti-social so may just bite the bullet and go cold turkey. It will make finishing the games I want to for the events harder, but the good news is I've already qualified in both so if I can't finish it's no problem.

Could you take the Vita and go back to Space Hulk? That would be mindless enough that you just could do it between social interactions, and maybe even finish off your 40k kills.

25 minutes ago, Briste said:

Did you take advantage of any Black Friday sales? I saw a couple of games I was interested in, but decided to hold off until I clear out some of this backlog.

I tried to avoid it, but...well, you can see from my trophy card that I failed. Some games just look too good. (But not Fallout 76. Have you seen all the hate that game has been getting?)

ANYWAY, amidst all the drama, I did get a chance to see Creed II. It was A-MAZ-ING. I'd argue it was better than Creed (which was already really good) AND the original Ivan Drago movie (yes, Rocky IV). There were only a few people in the movie theater (we went in the early morning), but they were laughing and cheering the whole time. This is legitimately as good of a sequel as Rocky II, which is extremely high praise coming from me, since that is one of my favorite movies from one of my favorite series of all times.

Now, I just need to see Ralph Breaks the Internet, and pray it's just as good...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Briste said:

I'm debating bringing my Vita, but I feel like that would be anti-socia

Let me tell you one thing I know about in-laws, if your family knows you love to play video games, then they won't hate you for playing some Vita action for a week. I confess, I may have to go cold turkey from updating my threads for a few days because my dad found a way to get my computer sent in to clear up all of the malware piling up like rotting cavities in my hard drive so my computer stops freezing and crashing randomly. The bad news is that it'll be in da shop for three days so I won't be able to use it. My parents will let me borrow my mom's tablet and I can save stuff  on a flash drive and I have my Nintendo Switch and Roku TV for Youtube but I don't know if it would be safe to post on the forums with a tablet as I know tablet computers are iffy. Owning a Nintendo Switch, I know how hard it is to try to type on a touch screen. :(

I did get two more Vita platinums, but mostly doing this...

DswHHIHUUAEBDTF.jpg

Finally got a Pokemon Let's Go game. Tried chaining catch combos for Caterpie but for some reason tabletop mode sucks as I missed three balls for every four I threw... and then the 36th Caterpie I tried to catch and failed ran away and broke the damn combo. ? I wasted $6000 in Pokeballs for nothing but a crappy Lax Caterpie. *sigh*

The thing is, you can only gain experience from wild Pokemon by catching them since you can't fight them normally. There are trainer fights but they are much fewer and far between. :(

Oh well, I'll try to get some sleep and then play more Kingdom Hearts or something. Starting a game of Kingdom Hearts to try to platinum that game for the 12 Days event.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 3:38 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

Finally got a Pokemon Let's Go game. Tried chaining catch combos for Caterpie but for some reason tabletop mode sucks as I missed three balls for every four I threw... and then the 36th Caterpie I tried to catch and failed ran away and broke the damn combo. 1f62d.png I wasted $6000 in Pokeballs for nothing but a crappy Lax Caterpie. *sigh*

You're about where I am in the game. Not sure I'm going to get a ton of time to play it before Christmas, but I might try to make a little progress here or there when I'm on the road. Didn't have any problems catching Pokemon on the big screen.

I need to make some serious progress in my platinum count this week. I don't usually care about the number, but I do want to get SotN as #150, and I'd like to get it before the Christmas event is over. I can probably finish off Spyro (I dunno, the flying stages are a little tricky), but I still need a 3. Gryphon, Blackwood, CoM, Spyro, and SotN are my 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6, respectively.

Did not get to watch much football today, but I'm happy that the Vikings won (and likely eliminated the cheese from the playoff picture). Browns too! Not sure how I feel about Seattle beating Carolina, but I guess it works In our favor, since we're now the #5 seed. Unfortunately, road trips to New England and Seattle loom on the horizon. I think we're going to need to win at least one of those.

Anyway, now I guess we make the push for December. Winter is coming...

• Like 1

Anyway, now I guess we make the push for December. Winter is coming...

And so does Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I might retire from trophy hunting considering how long I will probably be struggling with World of Light alone. xD

I'm having some slow time anyways. I have two games trying to compete for Plat #105 - LEGO Marvel Superheroes and Tearaway(another rental). The former has one stage just taunting me with its first minikit, which has to be collected seconds at the end of a sky-dive segment, and the latter is a bit annoying because you can miss a lot of confetti. I'm just making through the story and when I get to the end, I'll go back and clean up.

• Like 1

Platinum #141 - Spyro the Dragon

1L891f42.png

I probably would've waited for a sale if this wasn't three games in one, but I can always go for a good retro platformer/collectathon. This was a series that I kinda missed out on, growing up with mostly Nintendo consoles. I can faintly remember playing some Spyro game years ago, but I'm not sure if it was this one or something else. Either way, it was nice to play a game that could ALMOST be platinumed without a guide. (Some of the levels were a little tricky.) Unfortunately, like the Bats, the sequels will likely have to wait until later. I don't really see me having the time to get to Spyro 2 or 3 this year.

My December lineup is looking pretty hectic. Fortunately, most of the games I have planned for the 12 Days event are short, or I've already made significant progress on them. Once I have a good handle on how long I think they'll take me, maybe we'll begin The Witcher 3. I really should check out the guide to see if there are any missables, and hopefully I'll be able to do everything in one playthrough... I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather play through a game once for 100 hours than twice for a total of 100 hours. (That's one of the reasons I'm excited for KH2.)

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 9:46 PM, Briste said:

I was so mad....they were like Vultures. Breaking away from all that has made the day much more enjoyable.

I am not going to be surprised if your grandfather cuts your mom and aunt out of his will. xD

I shouldn't be upset - I know I was lucky to have a good family but I understand that others are not so fortunate. To be fair, my family has had its own family drama: Both of my sisters got divorced and remarried better men and have both become pregnant which makes me happy. I live to be an uncle, which probably never would have happened if they had remained together. Ruth Ann is probably glad she doesn't have to be a vegan anymore because her first husband was vegan. I don't think I could handle having a girlfriend, much less getting married and having a pregnant wife. I have a stinky cat, changing dirty diapers would be too much for me. :| But to think that families would be so greedy on days that are supposed to symbolize good will and thankfulness that you are still alive and not nuclear ash or something terrible is so disgusting. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Anyways, Cassy, glad to see you have platinumed a Spyro game. I gave my copy of the Reignited trilogy to my close friend as a belated birthday gift and I hope he plays it after Red Dead Redemption 2.

EDIT: Deleted that part about Amazon.com bait-switching during the Cyber Monday stream they hosted. Turns out that Square-Enix wasn't ready to give out their new trailer yet. How? Remember Nomura said NO MORE KINGDOM HEARTS TRAILERS THIS MONTH so Amazon.com was up sh** creek without a paddle. It's just that I'm worried that anyone who shows off the Dusk Until Dawn keyskin on their livestreams of the KH3 game will be crucified for supporting Amazon. Thankfully, the messenger wasn't shot. ;)

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jens said:

I can see a certain gear... which was kinda black and in front of a black background... that was kinda bs :P 

Well, allow me to find you a gear that is much easier to spot...

Platinum #142 - Full Throttle Remastered

1L9b03bb.png

Somebody recommended it earlier in the thread, and it just happens to end in a 3. As far as point-and-clicks go, I think it's pretty good, Lot of familiar voices in this one. There are a couple BS trophies that require a guide (again, why do developers think this is a good idea?), but it only takes a few hours to get through, and you can make several save spots just in case you miss something.

But, with that, we now have a game started (or finished) for every GBN category! At last, we can begin our Christmas games. Let's have ourselves a jolly good time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jens said:

I just finished trying to dig up your Twelve Days blahblah list just to find a whole bunch of nothing :P Everything accounted for in your head or still a work in progress? I didn't follow it because my weak will had to stay as far away as possible... the off time was really appreciated.

I don't want to commit fully to anything yet, so it's the usual suspects -- CoM, 358/Days, The Andy Gryphon Show, Castlevania -- and a bunch of we'll sees. I may even have a surprise or two in there for you guys. Whether or not Darkest D makes the list (yes, it would work for Colly Birds) depends on how many platinums I have planned out. Castlevania is going to be my pick for Lords A'Leaping, so I can only have two plat-less games if I want that to be P-150. No more, no less. And, right now, I have three in mind...

Anyway, I just spent my morning watching 1987's Summer School on cable TV. I couldn't think of a better use of my time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Anyway, I just spent my morning watching 1987's Summer School on cable TV. I couldn't think of a better use of my time.

I've been watching TearOfGrace cuss up a storm while playing modded games of The Binding of Issac while utterly destroying the game's challenge with builds that are totally illogical. Fun times. xD It made me buy the game for Vita but I got rid of it - my OCD hates Real Platinum God because you have to get 100% of the items, and clearing any run with The Lost to get those last items is pure masochism due to the fact that any damage kills him. :P

Just platinumed Tearaway. I really like the game but oh bother, those three trophies for getting through certain levels without dying SUX. Especially The Grand Tear. The Tear is the worst example of bottomless pit camera angle bullf'kery I've ever seen in my life! ?

Anyways, really should get back to Kingdom Hearts gaming, but you know the adage: The mind is willing but the body is weak. ?

I hope you make it through, Cassy. Good luck to you. And sorry about the rant about Amazon.com. Their PR should be replaced.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 11:12 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

Anyways, really should get back to Kingdom Hearts gaming, but you know the adage: The mind is willing but the body is weak. 1f629.png

I just got through KH: Long Division. I'm even more confused about the story than when I started. I'm...just going to hope KH2 helps to fill in the blanks...

22 hours ago, Jens said:

Such a terrible assault on your 100% cannot be left unanswered! Many fall in the face of chaos, but not this Cass, not today. Survival may be a tenuous proposition in this sprawling tomb, but seize this momentum! Push on to the task's end!

I bought the first DLC with the sad knowledge that playing it might never happen, but this gorgeous piece of game just deserved it. The second one.... ehh :P 

You're SO close to having the platinum, though. You just need to complete NG+...on the hardest setting...and beat it in 99 weeks... Um. So very close!

No clue what the DLC entails.

WELL, with 358/2 done, I suppose I can work on my card collection and unnecessary grinding in CoM. Kinda wish they had given me trophies, though. How is anybody to know I sat through all that? I've never seen somebody go though so much ice cream before...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

I just got through KH: Long Division. I'm even more confused about the story than when I started. I'm...just going to hope KH2 helps to fill in the blanks...

Good news! I finally cracked back into Birth by Sleep and am running Terra Beginner and got my third trophy by spamming tons of Shotlock. :D

Since December is nearly upon us, as is my birthday(the 6th), I intend to work on getting up to 50% trophies on every title. Will be trying for the Holy Trinity on KHFM(Speedster, Unchanging Armor, and Undefeated) on Beginner first since I found a way to get to Level 44 before I reach Neverland so Anti-Sora will be a lot easier than last time and everything else is just going to be anxious, ESPECIALLY since I got back into Maplestory.

cave.png

*sigh*

Not like it matters since I have murdered any hopes of getting 100% on my account because of the game Alteric, which is a horrible piece of f'k-you with its platforming. If anyone's played it, it's terrible and I have given up on getting the last two trophies in World 3. :(

Edited by DragonQuest238

2 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Not like it matters since I have murdered any hopes of getting 100% on my account because of the game Alteric, which is a horrible piece of f'k-you with its platforming. If anyone's played it, it's terrible and I have given up on getting the last two trophies in World 3. :(

Hm. I just watched a clip of it on YouTube. The controls look slippery, but it's a pretty short game... Not sure why you're giving up already.

WELL, I JUST STARTED A NEW GAME. YOU ARE PROBABLY WONDERING WHY I AM WRITING IN ALL CAPS. WELL, YOU SEE, THE GAME IS DAD OF WAR, AND APPARENTLY IT TURNS MY PS4 INTO A JET ENGINE, SO THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HEAR ME IS IF I TALK OVER IT. PLUS, I AM PRETTY SURE KRATOS YELLS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME, SO IT'LL BE GOOD ROLE-PLAYING. BEFORE I DELVE TOO DEEP IN, THOUGH, I WAS LOOKING THROUGH MY PSNP STATS -- I HAD A LOT OF DOWNTIME WHILE WATCHING 358/2 DAYS, YOU SEE -- AND I NOTICED THAT NOVEMBER 2018 IS MY BEST TROPHY-HUNTING MONTH ON RECORD, WITH 317 TROPHIES EARNED. THAT BEATS OUT THE INFAMOUS AUGUST 2017 -- YES, THE SAME MONTH I STARTED THIS THREAD -- RECORD BY THREE TROPHIES. LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR NOVEMBER 2018. HOORAY.

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN OUR FAVOR.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

The controls look slippery, but it's a pretty short game... Not sure why you're giving up already.

*puts up a megaphone so Cassy can hear him*

Well, it's not that the game is short, it's just difficult. I am getting to middle age and my hands aren't as great as they used to be so I can't make the precise jumps that you need to make on one stage so I keep dying over and over again, decided not to kill myself in frustration. I am not ashamed to admit that there is one game that beat me and I'm not going for 100% anymore, because I murdered that dream long ago when  I started playing Shantae Half-Genie Hero and found the trophy for one DLC pack which involves Skye avoiding her bird projectile for a minute to be impossible for my lousy hand-eye coordination. I did try though!

*turns off the megaphone*

Best of luck on God of War, Cass. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Well, it's not that the game is short, it's just difficult. I am getting to middle age and my hands aren't as great as they used to be so I can't make the precise jumps that you need to make on one stage so I keep dying over and over again, decided not to kill myself in frustration. I am not ashamed to admit that there is one game that beat me and I'm not going for 100% anymore, because I murdered that dream long ago when  I started playing Shantae Half-Genie Hero and found the trophy for one DLC pack which involves Skye avoiding her bird projectile for a minute to be impossible for my lousy hand-eye coordination. I did try though!

Well, there is a trick to getting that bird trophy in Shantae. Supposedly, you can cheese it by jumping off a ledge with Skye repeatedly as soon as you throw the bird. I wasn't able to get it to work, but you can check out a video if you're interested.

Rhythm games were never my thing. That's why I'm struggling to come up with a candidate for Drummers Drumming. Fortunately, I'll be doing the Christmas event in reverse order, so I won't have to worry about that until the end.

I also didn't realize 358/2 Days was trophyless on the PS4. That was supposed to be my Partridge in a Pear Tree, but now that feels like a cop-out. I guess it's back to the backlog...which has kinda become the theme for this year.