Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

5 minutes ago, Jens said:

You are very welcome my friend :) 

Never again, Jens. (Of course, I rate my Philuzzles by TV episodes instead of hours, so we can safely say Phil's Epic Adventure takes an entire Friends + Cowboy Bebop to finish.)

I managed to knock out Separate Ways in RE4, so we're on to Professional Mode! I've decided to keep things simple and only tackle one sub-chapter per day until I'm finished. I decided to test that out today with Chapter 1-1, and it seems like it'll work pretty well. Only took me 40 minutes. I found out about a cool trick you can do in that infamous village section that allows you to kill all the enemies with only one bullet. You essentially hide in a building like a coward but you crack open the door with a bullet so you can slash the enemies one by one as they fumble around trying to find the doorknob you just blew off. Some may call that cheap, but I call it ammo conservation. Also, it's funny to watch.

Tomorrow we'll take on that mountainside section that gave me fits during my first playthrough. I swear there are unlimited enemy spawns there.

I'll be interested to see if Cities is going to charge me for this new DLC, after I just bought the complete edition. On one hand, I DID get a trophy to pop already. On the other, it's listed under "Available to purchase" on the main menu screen (even though it's not listed on the store yet). In either case, more DLC means more chances to get 1001 Nights and What the...? to pop.

How's everybody else doing on their games? Anybody get more accomplished this month than me?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

How's everybody else doing on their games? Anybody get more accomplished this month than me?

January was actually a really productive month for me which came as a surprise since it was the end of the semester. I managed to get 7 plats (Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Persona 3: Dancing in Starlight, Dead Cells, My Hero One's Justice, Oxenfree, Blackwood Crossing and One Word by POWGI). I also got Killing Floor 2 back to 100%, wrapped up the DLC for Assassins Creed Origins, and almost have the Watch Dogs 2 DLC done. Finally, Resident Evil 2's release inspired me to finish up my Resident Evil 7 madhouse playthrough. I guess I'll give a small summary of my thoughts on each. 

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions: I played this a lot when it first came out and was terrible at it. Then when GameFly sent it to me. I was still terrible at it. xD I didn't like it as much because of that but once I got a grip on the combos it became much more enjoyable. Playing through each level 4-5 times was a bit tedious though. 

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight: After playing nothing but Dead Cells for two weeks I finally got my hands on this game and loved it so much I finished it in a day. I had no idea Persona 3's soundtrack was so good. It's definitely motivated me to try out Persona 3 in the future whether it has trophies or not (which hopefully it finally will by the time I get to it).

Dead Cells: Incredibly fun, incredibly infuriating, incredibly great feeling when you beat it on the higher difficulties. Nothing more needs to be said. Probably the best indie game I've ever played to completion. 

My Hero One's Justice: A good bit of fun but nothing too special. It got tiring just as I popped the plat which is how I feel all games should be. Would only recommend if you're a big fan of the anime though (which is great by the way, watch it). 

Oxenfree: It's fun for the first two playthroughs and then it's incredibly boring. Lucky me, I got to play it 4 times instead of 3 cause I messed up the I am the Firestarter trophy on my first attempt. The story is fairly interesting and the atmosphere is great but I think it's overrated. Was extremely happy when I finally got it done. 

Blackwood Crossing: Creepy, then confusing, then depressing. I think that's what the devs were going for so I'd say they succeeded. Thanks for recommending it @Cassylvania, it didn't disappoint. 

One Word by POWGI:  Like a really bad word search. I need a better puzzle game. 

Resident Evil 7: Incredible. What sparked my love for horror which is one of my favorite, if not my favorite movie and game genres. Play it, just play it. Madhouse difficulty is also different enough to where it doesn't feel repetitive and also includes some brand new scares. 

Assassins Creed Origins DLC: If Resident Evil 7 is incredible...the DLC for this game is incredibly boring. None of the charm of the main game was there.The story made no sense and the grind to level 55 was a slog. Main game is great though so don't let the DLC move you away from it. 

February will be a much slower month. Planning on just playing Kingdom Hearts 3, which is incredible (and working on the guide) and Spider-Man Edge of Time for the month. Maybe fit in Under Night In-Birth Late [st] if I can squeeze it in before my GameFly sub ends in the middle of the month. I'm cancelling it from March-June to work on some backlog and wait for all the new releases I want to play to actually release. 

Hopefully you're more satisfied with your progress next month but I think you did great and you're selling yourself short. :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kent10201 said:

Assassins Creed Origins DLC: If Resident Evil 7 is incredible...the DLC for this game is incredibly boring. None of the charm of the main game was there.The story made no sense and the grind to level 55 was a slog. Main game is great though so don't let the DLC move you away from it. 

February will be a much slower month. Planning on just playing Kingdom Hearts 3, which is incredible (and working on the guide) and Spider-Man Edge of Time for the month. Maybe fit in Under Night In-Birth Late [st] if I can squeeze it in before my GameFly sub ends in the middle of the month. I'm cancelling it from March-June to work on some backlog and wait for all the new releases I want to play to actually release. 

Hopefully you're more satisfied with your progress next month but I think you did great and you're selling yourself short. :P

Most Assassins Creed DLC is basically filler. Jack the Ripper DLC was sort of interesting in Syndicate because you were Evie trying to figure out and match the clues tying to Jack's victims. You actually play as Jack himself in a few short sequences which was nice.

Freedom Cry was Adewale freeing up slaves and making a name for himself. My favorite still is DaVinci is Missing from Brotherhood, though part of that may be for nostalgic reasons.

Knowing Ubisoft they were already working on Odyssey when the Origins DLC was coming out. Their quality isn't always on par.

1 hour ago, Jens said:

How many entries from your theoretical list are set in stone by the way?

I'm the same way as you. That's why I purposely leave some categories blank, as I'm never sure what I'll be in the mood to play 2-3 months down the line.

I would say I'm pretty sure I'm going to knock out every game on my theoretical list. I think I mentioned some other ideas I had in this thread (e.g. Hollow Knight, KH2), but the ones I actually put on the list in the community thread are the ones I fully intend to complete. Right now, that's just a Skylanders game and one of the Arkham City DLCs. (And, of course, RE4 and XCOM, if I can finish them/finish them on time.)

That still leaves open EZPZ (gross), Ultra Rare (wouldn't mind Hollow Knight, but I'm open to other suggestions), Unpopular (probably one of my silly Mahjong games that nobody else plays), and Speed Run (dunno). I consider RE4 and XCOM to be my "main" games for this event, so I'll probably stick to shorter/easier games for those categories.

Looking good, @Kent10201! You got more than twice as many plats as me this month. On that list, I do plan to get to RE7, Oxenfree, and Spider-Man sometime this year. Maybe Dead Cells too, if it goes on sale. This might be a tight year for me, financially. I've already cancelled PS+ and GameFly.

Glad you enjoyed (?) Blackwood Crossing. Those are the three words I'd use to describe that game (and my life, but that's beside the point). I don't have any real desire to ever try a POWGI game. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if I hate puzzle games. There have been few games that have pissed me off the way The Witness and The Talos Principle did, and Phil just kinda pushed me over the edge. Maybe I just don't enjoy that genre as much as I did when I was a kid. Am I not as patient as I used to be? Am I harder to entertain? Am I dumber?

The answer is probably yes to all of those.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jens said:

January was almost freaky compared to my usual accomplishments. Darksiders 3 is now down, Guacamelee 2's DLC is done and.... well you can probably guess what that means for my immediate future :S But I just keep getting the same realization in events... I'm just not made for events -_- I already don't feel like playing my list after such a short time. Gotta be honest to myself and quit them in the future, let's learn from it. With Pic-a-Pix Pieces counting as Unpopular I'm half way there already, that's comforting.

And for the weekends I started Tales of Berseria and my girlfriend is already hooked beyond believe (I had to give the person recommending it a cyber-high-five, so that's probably good). That will kill every other option for a while though :P 

How many entries from your theoretical list are set in stone by the way?

I found I'm the same way, I cannot stick to event lists at all! That's why the only one I still am in is the monthly madness since I almost always can make whatever I'm playing that month fit the theme, or I just prep a few plats that I was enjoying until they fit the theme

• Like 2

On 1/27/2019 at 8:34 PM, Cassylvania said:

ANYWAY, remember how I said I was going to wait a while before beginning my Impossible XCOM playthrough? Yeah, I lied. Also, I beat it. You can see my stats below.

I haven't had an opportunity to post all week and it's been active in this thread so I'm going to try and touch quite a bit....Did you try the Double Tap snipers for this run? If so, how'd it go?

On 1/30/2019 at 8:02 AM, Spaz said:

I had to space out Batman: Arkham Knight because those community challenges were pissing me the hell off. I felt like I was getting absolutely nowhere with The Curtain Falls, then it just clicked. Still nerve wrecking as fuck, having to play four characters where you not only needed to keep the combo during the entire wave, but not get hit either? You couldn't get hit in Crime Alley either, and those bastards with the guns usually got me in the 3rd/4th rounds. Then when I focused on those assholes those big ass brutes got me. So frustrating. Arkham Knight is probably one of my proudest 100 percents, took a lot of work to get all 110 trophies.

I personally found the racing trophies to be more challenging than the fighting ones. Probably because I don't ever play racing games and I have played all of the Batman games. I found that patience is the key during the fights. If you abuse the X + X evade after each strike, you can generally be safe. I'd focus on taking out weapons first and then just evade and strike, evade and strike followed by take downs. It still took me several hours to do, but I was able to knock most of them out in one sitting. For the driving challenges, I needed to do them from the first person screen because I just sucked in third person for the bat mobile.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:41 AM, Cassylvania said:

So, I was finally able to get that PlayStation Journey 2018 thing to work. You know, that thing that stalks your gaming history and shows you your stats across the platform for the entire year. I'm not sure how accurate it is (spoiler: it's not), but I think you'll all get a good laugh about what my three most played games were:

1. Sims 4 - 219 hours
  2. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix - 216 hours
  3. Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure - 134 hours

Nice. I checked mine out and here were my stats:

I played 38 different games with these games rounding out my top 3:

1. Space Hulk - 167 hours :shakefist:

2. Catherine - 124 hours (a lot of this was idle time while I was getting the gold trophies since you can't save in between floors)

3. Dark Souls - 112 hours (this one surprises me since my save file says 82 hours...must be some idle time from the menu?)

I played for 1286 hours locally (which a lot of that is idle time I'm sure)

Only 4 hours of my gaming was one with "Plus Hours Online"

My longest gaming streak was 8 hours and I played 260 out of 365 days (I would have thought this was higher)

I earned 1293 total trophies and 33 platinum in 2018.

Pretty interesting stuff...

I've been pretty productive. I'm actually really enjoying Papers, Please. It's a pretty straightforward puzzle game and if I have one gripe, it's that the graphics are so retro, it is really hard sometimes to notice discrepancy's. I have received citations because characters that look like men are women and vice versa. It's an easy trophy list and pretty fun for the Vita...plus it was free so kudos all around.

I'm making good progress in Rayman Legends and I have to say that the levels that are synced up to songs are really fun to play. I'm partial to the Black Betty level. The 8-bit version of those levels are really tough on the eyes. I think I'll have all of the trophies for that game except the Total Awesomeness trophy by tonight actually. I'm close to the 3500 trophy milestone and I'm trying to make it the World Tour! trophy from Rayman (none of my other games have any trophies remotely interesting or artistic). I almost backed myself into a corner by making it a roulette. I only have two levels to complete to finish up the main game. If I do the Living Dead Party last, like 6 trophies will pop all at once and depending on the order they pop would be my 3500. I'm going to pop a handful of Murdered: Soul Suspect trophies first so I can isolate the World Tour! trophy. After Murdered: Soul Suspect I'm going to tackle The Banner Saga 2 and 3 back to back. I've been pretty happy with my progress so far :)

Blackwood Crossing: Creepy, then confusing, then depressing. I think that's what the devs were going for so I'd say they succeeded. Thanks for recommending it @Cassylvania, it didn't disappoint. 

Since I can't figure out how to carry a quote from multiple pages and have it tag the person...@Kent10201 I had the exact same thoughts. The bunny felt very Donny Darko to me (I'm still not sure who the bunny is in the game). Then I was confused too because I wasn't sure what was happening and then extremely depressed when I thought one thing happened. I thought the fire was more figurative than literal, however when I replayed the story to get a collectible I missed, I think it was more literal and accidental than figurative and self inflicted...either way tragic. It was definitely one of the better short-story games I've played and I also appreciate the recommendation.

I'm the same way as you. That's why I purposely leave some categories blank, as I'm never sure what I'll be in the mood to play 2-3 months down the line.

I actually like chiseling things in stone as much as I can. I feel like but putting it out there and setting the expectation, I can hold myself accountable. I will make changes if the whistle-blowers think it doesn't fit or if I feel like I'm up against the deadline and won't finish...but for the most part I'm a creature of routine and I like knowing what to expect. I basically have my whole year planned due to the Bingo event. I'm sure I'll sneak in a couple games here and there that aren't planned.

To be honest with you guys, I just do my own thing.

I don't need events to tell me how I trophy hunt or try to compete with others as I'm not much of a competitor to begin with.

@Spaz It's not that the events "tell me how to trophy hunt." I've only ever played one game I didn't plan on due to an event and that was Eekeemoo. I play the games I want to and try to fit them into a category that counts. I like the event because it's a somewhat social way to play the games I want and share the experience. So far, none of them have been actual competitions. There's a participation badges that are just a fun perk to playing. Maybe some people take it more seriously than others, but I look at these events as beer league softball teams. Minimum amounts of competition with a bunch of people doing something they enjoy a little more social than by themselves.

Speedruns though... could you make something work with Guacamelee and some of those challenges?

Based on my experience the past couple of weeks, I'm going to say that will be a hard no lol

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

I made really good progress on the events and ended up with four plats. 

I have one more needed for a Bingo. And I need two more for the other event. In that one I am just doing the five for the minimum. For platinumless, Broken Sword ep 2, and for UR 2064. I am also using 2064 for my Bingo for a game with a number.

Most of my time though will be for RPG Mania. I dont have a definite list past my opening plans. My lists dont seem to last very long anyways. 

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Jens said:

It's not even the list itself. This time I didn't go overboard with exclusive picks just for this event (I would say only Foul Play and that wacky Harry Potter game are oddballs), it was mostly stuff I played anyways (Darksiders, Pic-a-Pix, Rayman, Guacamelee 2 DLC, Grow Up!), wanted to try out at some point down the road (Artifex Mundi) or stuff I wanted to correct for a loooong time (Darkest Dungeon). It's just that tiny bit of time pressure to deliver game results that's already annoying me ever so slightly. That's unreasonable having done 50% of my games in 20% of the time frame, but that annoying feeling never disappears :P 

How many did you try before you started abandoning them?

I did a fair few back when I first joined the site, I did most of Toogies events (RIP) and played in the australian trophy league but otherwise I generally like doing my own thing

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jens said:

Speedruns though... could you make something work with Guacamelee and some of those challenges? Aren't most of them speedruns to some extent? Rayman Origins would be rather fitting and it doesn't have the BS online grind, but on the other hand he has neither arms nor legs... can't deny that... Other than that Wizard of Legend was the only game I played recently which demanded a speedrun through the whole game, but I'm not so sure if I would recommend that one. Short? Yes. Easy? Debatable, everything gets easy after the right amount of practice.

I think I did most of Guac before the event started, so I wasn't really going to consider it for this event. I...will pass on all things Rayman. Wizard of Legend, though... Hm. We'll keep an eye on that one. I wish PSNP had a feature that let you bookmark or "star" games that you eventually want to play. I don't like having to keep track on a notepad all the time, and the PS store is jank when it comes to wish lists.

13 hours ago, Briste said:

I haven't had an opportunity to post all week and it's been active in this thread so I'm going to try and touch quite a bit....Did you try the Double Tap snipers for this run? If so, how'd it go?

Yup. It made things easy. Honestly, the only tricky part of the final mission is the room with the two sectopods. Rift seems to wreck them, though...

I did a terrible job of hiding it, but you guys can already see I began my fourth playthrough, which is Easy difficulty + DLC + every remaining trophy that doesn't require Ironman. We'll be saving that for the epic final playthrough.

I played 38 different games with these games rounding out my top 3:

1. Space Hulk - 167 hours :shakefist:

2. Catherine - 124 hours (a lot of this was idle time while I was getting the gold trophies since you can't save in between floors)

3. Dark Souls - 112 hours (this one surprises me since my save file says 82 hours...must be some idle time from the menu?)

I played for 1286 hours locally (which a lot of that is idle time I'm sure)

Only 4 hours of my gaming was one with "Plus Hours Online"

My longest gaming streak was 8 hours and I played 260 out of 365 days (I would have thought this was higher)

I earned 1293 total trophies and 33 platinum in 2018.

Pretty interesting stuff...

Ouch on Space Hulk.

I don't trust any of the stats that relate to hours. Mine says 1 hour of online play, which I know isn't true, since I spent a week of tearing out my hair because of RER's grindy grind Raid Mode. Seriously -- I'm bald now because of that shit.

I wish there was a way to look up 2017 stats, or total stats. I'd like to know my numbers on XCOM 2 and Darkest D...

It's not that the events "tell me how to trophy hunt." I've only ever played one game I plan on due to an event and that was Eekeemoo. I play the games I want to and try to fit them into a category that counts. I like the event because it's a somewhat social way to play the games I want and share the experience. So far, none of them have been actual competitions. There's a participation badges that are just a fun perk to playing. Maybe some people take it more seriously than others, but I look at these events as beer league softball teams. Minimum amounts of competition with a bunch of people doing something they enjoy a little more social than by themselves.

Yeah, I've never seen the events as competitions. They're just a new way to experience games. The themes that tie the games together are kinda cool, and I like having reasons for playing something beyond just, "It's what I want to do at this moment." Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have played stuff like Blackwood Crossing or Pyre, which ended up being some of the better games from last year.

4 hours ago, Dessane said:

I did a fair few back when I first joined the site, I did most of Toogies events (RIP) and played in the australian trophy league but otherwise I generally like doing my own thing

I'm sad that we'll never get a Summer Camp badge. I put more work in to that event than any other, by far.

Well, time to tackle Chapter 1-2 in RE4. I played a little of Spryo's Adventure today too. You would think the game would be a breeze with my massive army of Skylanders, but a lot of them don't work with the original game. They also don't recognize me as being their "owner," so I had to reset all of them to level 1. Fortunately, Drobot gives zero fucks about what level he is, because he's as badass as ever here. To anybody who plays a Skylanders game and doesn't use Drobot, I have to ask: ...why?

Image result for drobot skylanders

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Briste said:

@Spaz It's not that the events "tell me how to trophy hunt." I've only ever played one game I didn't plan on due to an event and that was Eekeemoo. I play the games I want to and try to fit them into a category that counts. I like the event because it's a somewhat social way to play the games I want and share the experience. So far, none of them have been actual competitions. There's a participation badges that are just a fun perk to playing. Maybe some people take it more seriously than others, but I look at these events as beer league softball teams. Minimum amounts of competition with a bunch of people doing something they enjoy a little more social than by themselves.

I don’t put my games in any category. I just play whatever I see fit, regardless of whether said game is currently part of a trophy hunting event here. 

I used to partake in a lot of events in the past on various MMOs. They were fun, but they got to the point where they started to seem a bit pointless to me. 

Both you and Cassylvania partake in the various events on this website and that’s completely fine. That’s just not the way I play my games. Playing games by yourself isn’t bad, I still interact with people on a daily basis both on this website and on some trophy hunting groups I’m a part of on PSN. 

I will sign up for a beer league softball team in real life. I’ve been a lifelong baseball fan and it’s good fun. But applying that to trophy hunting events, it’s rather meh to me. 

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

I don’t put my games in any category. I just play whatever I see fit, regardless of whether said game is currently part of a trophy hunting event here.

That's fair. Sometimes I have so many games I want to play that it helps to have something else to narrow down the list. Plus, sometimes you stumble across a game that you never thought you'd play, and you end up really liking it.

Well, I survived the mountainside section of Chapter 1-2. Actually, I survived the whole chapter, but that was definitely the hardest part. NINETEEN deaths on that section alone. Mostly self-inflicted, though, after taking too much damage. I really wanted to make it through the whole thing with only using one stack of herbs, but I ended up having to use two. There are just too many enemies, and very few opportunities to create a bottleneck. The IDEAL solution is to climb a ladder and knife anybody stupid enough to follow you, but the best spot to do that has two ladders leading up to it -- meaning your back is exposed -- and you still have enemies hurling axes and dynamite at you. There's a door where you can do that trick I talked about in Chapter 1-1, but it inevitably gets blown up by a stick of dynamite. And I swear the enemies do NOT stop spawning. I WATCHED them appear out of nowhere multiple times.

My only solution was to bunch all of the enemies and run around like a deranged maniac until I had enough space between me and the mob behind me to get into a building, close the door, and blow off the doorknob. I still took dynamite to the face, but only after I had dwindled their numbers to a more manageable size...and, honestly, I think ammo conservation is more important than herb conservation at this point in the game.

Tomorrow we take on that giant fish (?) thing. Well, today. It's after midnight. I guess I could technically do it right now. But, instead, I bought Pic-a-Pix Pieces. I need to just...settle down. I play too many games that put pressure and stress on me. I just need some quiet time to myself. It'll be okay. We'll get through this. Trust me.

*deep breath*

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jens said:

Well in that surprising case my little hint at it not being unpopular anymore wasn't just a pointless nitpick :P It took me 9 days without a huge amount of focus, so if you really tackle it you can be done in 5 days easily - once you get the "flow" of the game down, that always has to happen in rogue-lite stuff :P Defeating a boss without taking damage isn't bad, their first floor versions are as predictable as it gets. So it really just came down to beating the game at all (it feels pretty frantic when you start playing) and the speedrun (but there are some helpful tools in the game, still slightly tight).

Is that for Wizard of Legend? I'm probably not going to buy anything new, unless it goes on sale. For some reason, the PS store is currently having a VR sale, which does me no good (unless they want to give me a sale on the actual VR headset, in which case I'm willing to spend up to $50). Not sure about the game selection, but Beat Saber looks fun.

So, I finished one Piecuzzle (sure, that works). You apparently do puzzles in "pieces," and the pieces combine to form a bigger picture...which makes it slightly harder than Pic-a-P Color. The pictures so far have been a girl with a bong, a fly with wings on its head, and a cop giving the middle finger, so it's like there's a little story to go along with the artwork. I can't wait to see what's next.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

Alright. Geez. Not used to having so many concurrent games. I guess it's time to...GO BOLD OR GO HOME.

RE4. Chapter 1-3 wasn't that bad, sans the chainsaw dude. You can play ding-dong ditch-the-doorknob in TWO sections this time, making up for all the ammo I'm wasting on shooting blue medals. Still took damage in several sections (including that annoying fish boss), but I had enough spare chicken eggs to get through it. Next up: Chapter 2.

Skylanders. Ugh. Ring that glitched trophy bell. Despite getting Drobot back to level 10 -- and finding his Soul Gem -- I did not receive the trophy for obtaining all of his upgrades. Apparently, this is a common glitch. There are some workarounds, but they're going to require save file manipulation, which is more effort than I want to put into this game right now. Instead, we're going to go with Plan C, which is to get another Skylander to level 10 and see if it pops. This might be useful anyway, as each Skylander only gets one life per level, so we don't want to put too much pressure on our ace pitcher. I guess Gill Grunt will do...

Pic-a-Pieces. OK, so I was joking before about what the pictures represented (sorta), but I'm 99.9% sure the fourth picture is either a rhinoceros or a warthog, NOT a damn hamster like the trophy would suggest. HAMSTERS DO NOT HAVE TUSKS.

Cities: Skylines. DLC seems to have been delayed until February 5. It's overpriced anyway, so I'm not buying it.

Let's see what I can get done today, while I prepare THE MEAL TO END ALL MEALS for tomorrow's big game.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jens said:

Yeah... so... Foul Play's local coop is broken and I didn't know about that, that's great :P How did you get the "equip 2 team talismans" or something along those lines? Is online still fine? I obviously didn't find ANY online sessions, what a surprise :D 

I read the trophy description for that wrong before, so you might be doing the same thing. Are you able to play with two players? If so, make sure you're equipping two TEAM charms -- not just any charms. There are only three in the game, I think.

I was able to get it to work just fine with two controllers.

• Like 2

I ended up breaking my five month buying freeze today by buying the ultimate editions of the Dead Space trilogy for $16. Thought it was too good of a deal to pass up and I've been loving the survival horror genre lately. I know you said you were only looking to buy games on sale so thought I'd give you a heads up about that one. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I ended up breaking my five month buying freeze today by buying the ultimate editions of the Dead Space trilogy for $16. Thought it was too good of a deal to pass up and I've been loving the survival horror genre lately. I know you said you were only looking to buy games on sale so thought I'd give you a heads up about that one. 

Hm. I didn't see it on the sales store. It looked like mostly VR games, and Dead Cells.

4 hours ago, Jens said:

No, don't worry, I've found another great solution most likely. I won't drag you back into your personal hell :P 

The sad part is I see you're just now starting the game. You had the chance to walk away unscathed, and instead you stepped right into the pile of dog shit...

XCOM. Speaking of dog shit... I can't even finish my fourth playthrough yet because I'm short on weapon fragments, which I need to get all the research and foundry projects. That means more incessant grinding, while countries continue to pull out of XCOM because I refuse to do anything but UFO missions.

RE4. Chapter 2-1 was easy. The only difficult part was killing El Gigante with minimal item usage, but three hand grenades did the trick -- the first two between the legs and the third off the wall and onto the giant's back. That's called killing in style. Now... Now, we prepare for the abandoned house siege, with Ashley and Luis by our side!

Well, Luis anyway...

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Hm. I didn't see it on the sales store. It looked like mostly VR games, and Dead Cells.

There's two separate sales. One is the VR one and the other has some good stuff but that was the highlight for me. Was gonna get Alice Madness Returns as well but was a dollar short 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

There's two separate sales. One is the VR one and the other has some good stuff but that was the highlight for me. Was gonna get Alice Madness Returns as well but was a dollar short 

Ah, I see. It's a PS3 game, so it wasn't showing up for me on the PS4 store.

I'm going to hold off on it just because I don't want to get too bogged down in PS3 games right now. If I start playing everything I missed on the older gen, I'll never get caught up on my PS4 games! Plus, maybe there will be a remaster someday...? (That's what I keep saying about Mass Effect too.)

Oh, and Alice is a great game, if you ever get around to playing it.

Well, I got up early, worked out, and even made short work of Chapter 2-2 in RE4. I thought the abandoned house would be harder, but I got through it on my second try. It's really not that difficult once you know what you're doing. And Ashley in a suit of armor is hilarious. ?

I think today's only goal will be to finish this XCOM playthrough. There are about seven or so trophies I still have to earn, before we begin Ironman. And I might slide XCOM into the Ultra Rare category for TTHIAG, since there are plenty more options for Difficulty (like KH2). If I play my cards right, I might even get to KH3 this year...

• Like 2