Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

On 2/2/2019 at 8:00 AM, Cassylvania said:

Let's see what I can get done today, while I prepare THE MEAL TO END ALL MEALS for tomorrow's big game.

What'd you end up making? We got a taco bar with tortilla chips and guac. Worked out well except I ruined my appetite snacking on regular chips and onion dip lol The good news is we have tons of leftovers for the week :)

Well, I can't say that was the most exciting Super Bowl I've ever seen...It's nice to see defenses step up and the Patriots looked like the '85 Bears out there...but for a game with very few penalties and zero reviews...it seemed kind of sloppy. Only commercial I chuckled at was the Avocados from Mexico commercial where the lady wearing the cone of shame tried to eat a chip with guac on it. The NFL 100 commercial was ok too I guess. I did lol when Brady said 'Hold my rings' to Baker Mayfield. Felt good to see the Patriots get number 6, but I never felt any real drama or uncomfortable moments while watching. The Rams offense just looked putrid, which I'll credit the Pats D for. I really hope that Flores does well as the head coach in Miami (not too well I guess since they are in the division). That Super Bowl had to be the worst though for Patriots haters...Brady and the offense didn't play well and still won. Many people felt like the Rams shouldn't even have been there and that the Saints would have won that game and that blown call now handed the Pats another Super Bowl win...the saltiness of this off-season will be awesome lol.

I took the day off of work today to relax and enjoy some Boston area sports-talk radio. Managed to finish Murdered: Soul Suspect while listening. The controls and collectibles absolutely sucked, but I thought it was an interesting story involving the Salem Witch trials and there was enough twists and turns to end up being pretty enjoyable. I spent a few bucks on it so I have no regrets. I'm going to be starting the Banner Saga 2 today...just waiting for Banner Saga 1 to download...apparently I need the first game installed on my PS4 in order for the second one to read the save file. Going to try to fit Hidden Agenda in there too sometime soon. I think I've got my wife convinced to try the versus mode with me :)

I can't believe you're tackling another -a-pix title lol There's no Phil...but that's taking your life in your hands right there.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Briste said:

Well, I can't say that was the most exciting Super Bowl I've ever seen...It's nice to see defenses step up and the Patriots looked like the '85 Bears out there...but for a game with very few penalties and zero reviews...it seemed kind of sloppy. Only commercial I chuckled at was the Avocados from Mexico commercial where the lady wearing the cone of shame tried to eat a chip with guac on it. The NFL 100 commercial was ok too I guess. I did lol when Brady said 'Hold my rings' to Baker Mayfield. Felt good to see the Patriots get number 6, but I never felt any real drama or uncomfortable moments while watching. The Rams offense just looked putrid, which I'll credit the Pats D for. I really hope that Flores does well as the head coach in Miami (not too well I guess since they are in the division). That Super Bowl had to be the worst though for Patriots haters...Brady and the offense didn't play well and still won. Many people felt like the Rams shouldn't even have been there and that the Saints would have won that game and that blown call now handed the Pats another Super Bowl win...the saltiness of this off-season will be awesome lol.

Saints fans can cry all they want. Blown call or not, they had their chance in OT and blew it (both offensively and defensively). The Rams had every right to be in the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, it led to a rather dull game (I agree with you -- the Rams never looked like they stood a chance), and what the heck was with that halftime show?

The only commercial that made me laugh was the NFL 100 (mostly because of Marshawn Lynch), but Bud Light had a couple good ones, and I liked the one with Anthony Lynn. But what's really funny is how Steelers fans here are trying to downplay the game by saying they were the first team to win six championships, as if they just don't want to admit how much the Patriots have dominated the past two decades. And these are mostly my friends, who weren't even BORN when they won most of those games.

Honestly, it makes me hope Brady wins at least one more ring, just to see what they do.

I took the day off of work today to relax and enjoy some Boston area sports-talk radio. Managed to finish Murdered: Soul Suspect while listening. The controls and collectibles absolutely sucked, but I thought it was an interesting story involving the Salem Witch trials and there was enough twists and turns to end up being pretty enjoyable. I spent a few bucks on it so I have no regrets.

I liked Murdered -- even if it was short and had bad reviews. And hey, it's a fitting game to play with listening to Boston radio!

I can't believe you're tackling another -a-pix title lol There's no Phil...but that's taking your life in your hands right there.

Pic-a-Pix Color was fun, though. This one is too. I'm not even going to put them in the same category as Phil, which barely qualifies as a game. For Phil, all you do is spam X and the directional pad until Phil says the puzzle is done. Outside of maybe one trophy that required my attention, I don't think I used my brain at all.

I'll give a more detailed update tonight. For now, I wanna knock out Chapter 2-3 in RE4, since I'm really worried about that boss. I beat him before without the rocket launcher, but I think that was only because I didn't have room for it in my inventory. Now I gotta make the decision between getting rid of items so I can use one, or trying to beat him with a gun/knife and burning through all my ammo/healing items in the process...

I guess if the end result is the same, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

I was sadly diasapointed by yesterdays game. Most of the commercials too. My favorite had to be the Bud Light/ GOT ad. A couple others were good. It is going to be a long few months until spring training begins. At least I have my rpg’s to keep me company. 

I'm glad the season is over. I haven't been this disappointed in the Vikings since...I don't think ever. Even when they went 3-13 a few years ago, it's like they were expected to do anything, and I got to see their best game of the season live. That was the last year they were in the Metrodome, I think. Unfortunately, now all we got is hockey...and I can't bring myself to cheer for the Wild. The only teams I know I DON'T want to cheer for are the Penguins and Flyers, and that's because Pennsylvania ruins sports. Don't even like Penn State at this point.

Almost makes me regret this PSN name, come to think of it...

RE4. Killed the boss in four seconds. No joke. Two incendiary grenades and a rocket launcher to the face. I sold my shotgun to make room for it, which I think is an okay move... I can always buy it back or get the other shotgun in the future. More importantly, Ashley has gone from being a hindrance to a godsend. Because she's invincible now, I can use her as a bait or a distraction. When the enemies try to pick her up (in that ridiculous suit of armor), they break their backs and fall over, allowing me to get in a free knife kill. Even the chainsaw chicks can't hurt her. This should make Chapter 3 MUCH easier than I expected.

Pic-a-Pieces. So, after the mutant hamster, we have...a guy driving a car in space, two stoned fish, Julian Edelman catching yet another pass from Tom Brady, a hyena from The Lion King movie, and Johnny Appleseed. They really should have included a way that you can see the pieces you've already completed AS you work on a new piece. Having to back out every time is kinda dumb... That'd be like if you're doing a jigsaw puzzle, but you keep the box upside-down on the table, so you keep having to flip it over every time you want to see what you're making.

XCOM. Still five trophies short of what I wanted before my Ironman playthrough. Edison and Shooting Stars should be easy enough to grind out if I just load up one of my previous saves, and I made a backup save...somewhere for Poison Control. The save system is this game is weird. In XCOM 2, it just auto-saves every turn, for the first three turns, and then each auto-save after that erases the oldest ones. In XCOM...I have no clue what's going on. It seems to do whatever the hell it wants. And I wasn't able to get Flight of the Valkyries because RNG never gave me more than three female soldiers on any of my playthroughs. I didn't get Lone Wolf either because I'm not insane enough to try that on an actual playthrough. I might just start up a new game, build a badass female soldier, and knock out both of those trophies at the same time. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

Hm. Any ideas for an EZPZ game that doesn't suck?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm glad the season is over. I haven't been this disappointed in the Vikings since...I don't think ever. Even when they went 3-13 a few years ago, it's like they were expected to do anything, and I got to see their best game of the season live. That was the last year they were in the Metrodome, I think. Unfortunately, now all we got is hockey...and I can't bring myself to cheer for the Wild. The only teams I know I DON'T want to cheer for are the Penguins and Flyers, and that's because Pennsylvania ruins sports. Don't even like Penn State at this point.

Almost makes me regret this PSN name, come to think of it...

The  Bears did well enough this year. They surpassed everyones expectations and hopefully will stay good consistently for the next few years. Along with my NW Wildcats winning thier bowlgame and the Big Ten west. I was satisfied with football. But other sports this winter have been dismal. The hawks fired the coach that won them 3 championships in 5 years and are in last place. Bulls also fired thier coach and are the joke of the league again. I saw that Minnesota fired the coach that used to be out our coach and now want to hire the guy we just fired. 

For an easy game, I say Heroes Trials. For a simple title it looks decent and plays well enough. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

The Little Acre was a pretty enjoyable and humorous game. Looks and plays great as well. It goes on sale a lot and it's starting price isn't too bad if I recall correctly. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Probably not the kind of game you had in mind when you asked for it, but still I'd like to mention a game I've recently stumbled across that brought back memories - it's Minefield, nothing else than the good old Minesweeper, which is free on both the US and EU stores and even though it's only a 100% trophy list, it's very quick and painless and... well, I might've just mentioned it, it's free :D The trophies are mildly glitchy but the workaround is very simple (it's advised to quit the game and restart it after popping a trophy). In fact, I completed both the EU and US stacks but that is mostly because I really enjoy it for what it's worth :D 

• Like 3

Interesting picks, guys. I might do The Little Acre, but I'd really need to see a sale. I added a couple more EZPZ games to my cart, and we'll see if any of them drop in price over the next few weeks... No reason to rush that category.

For now, just a quick update on RE4. I finished Chapter 3-1 this morning, and it was probably the easiest thing ever with Knight Ashley leading the way. Unfortunately, she went and got kidnapped again, so I guess I'm back to playing the game the legitimate way... Think I'm going to break my own rule and do two sub-chapters today. I'm just feeling it.

Also, it occurred to me that I forgot to post the detailed results for my fourth XCOM playthrough. Here you go!

PROGRESS ON XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN (PLAYTHROUGH 4/5: SLINGSHOT DLC)

[ALL NAMES CENSORED DUE TO IMMATURE PROFANITY]

MISSION: COMPLETE

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jens said:

So I just finished Foul Play (the MP trophy is left and that's no big deal whatsoever) and I have to say going into a game like this with expectations on the ground.... it made it more tolerable :P It's still super dull, it's always the same exact enemies just in different costumes, the challenges were samey and annoying, but other than that I didn't mind it all that much. On a scale from 1 to 10 it would be a 3 I guess. The set changing animations kept being somewhat cute, that helped.

Did you enjoy doing the Foul Play to get your x200 combo?

Some quick updates for today!

RE4. Chapter 3-2 was one of the hardest for me in the original playthrough. It's nice not having to worry about Ashley (especially after that water hall), but there are several sections where the enemies swarm you from every direction, and I burned through most of my healing items. Probably not a terrible thing, though, as I've been at max inventory for a while now... Mostly, I just really hate the hedge maze. Those dogs are by far the scariest enemies in the game. There's a way you can knife them through the front gate, but it's a bit tricky to set up, and I had one of the dogs bust through the gate and nearly give me a heart attack. Glad I went for a twofer yesterday, because that was the section I was dreading the most.

Chapters 3-3 and 3-4 are kinda short, so I might double up again. In fact, I think there are only two lengthy sub-chapters remaining (4-1 and 5-1).

XCOM. Took about an hour, but I started a new campaign and knocked out Flight of the Valkyries and Lone Wolf. I'm wondering if I should do the same thing for my Ironman playthrough as I'm doing with RE4, which is taking on one mission per day. Could be fun for season 2 of PSNP Bros, as I can discuss the results of each mission in my daily updates. And I should have time to complete it before the end of March/TTIHAG, as each playthrough is roughly 25-30 missions...

Assuming everybody doesn't die horribly.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jens said:

Seeing "Do 5 perfect scenes" in stage 4-4 made me pretty nervous to be honest, that would've been highly annoying. But who knew that this was yet another bug in this game, this time it was just a VERY calming bug :P 

Hm. I must've not known about that bug, because I remember that challenge being VERY annoying.

Skylanders. Beat the game. Final boss is long and annoying, as is the standard with Skylanders games. Unfortunately, this one has a trophy for beating Kaos without swapping Skylanders, which means I'm going to have to do that whole fight again...without dying. Not sure who I'm going to use, but Drobot, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy have done most of the heavy lifting so far. Might warm up by chipping away at the dozen or so trophies I failed to get my first time through every level.

RE4. Chapter 3-3 wasn't too bad. Learned a new trick for how to deal with the guy in the cage. Like...get out of the cage before fighting him. And Chapter 3-4 was a complete joke, since you play as Ashley for most of it. In fact, I flew through those chapters so fast that I decided to just jump right into Chapter 4-1. Lots of annoying sections to get through, but the bridge near the end takes the cake. Verdugo WOULD be hard, but you can just freeze him and blow him into a million pieces with a rocket launcher.

And, with that, we're on to Chapter 4-2. Probably the most annoying part of the entire game...

• Like 2

On 2/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, Cassylvania said:

I only have two games on my list over 80% complete, Blackwood Crossing and Eekeemoo. I wouldn't necessarily recommend Eekeemoo. It wasn't terrible necessarily, but it really wasn't good either. It had a few interesting things going on and it's short. I think I got it for like $2.00 during the Spelling Bee event. It was worth two bucks.

On 2/5/2019 at 5:44 PM, Cassylvania said:

PROGRESS ON XCOM: ENEMY UNKNOWN (PLAYTHROUGH 4/5: SLINGSHOT DLC)

[ALL NAMES CENSORED DUE TO IMMATURE PROFANITY]

MISSION: COMPLETE

lol...come on! You're among like-minded individuals. Christ, I'm 37 and made Catherine my 69th Platinum just because it made me giggle. Which ones can you share?

On 2/6/2019 at 10:16 AM, Cassylvania said:

XCOM. Took about an hour, but I started a new campaign and knocked out Flight of the Valkyries and Lone Wolf. I'm wondering if I should do the same thing for my Ironman playthrough as I'm doing with RE4, which is taking on one mission per day. Could be fun for season 2 of PSNP Bros, as I can discuss the results of each mission in my daily updates. And I should have time to complete it before the end of March/TTIHAG, as each playthrough is roughly 25-30 missions...

Sign me up for another season of PSNP Bros. My concern for you would be that you were going to attempt it without the PS button exit out/flash drive backup in case shit hits the fan. In theory you could finish it at one mission per day if you succeed every one. What happens on day 26 when that Sectopod runs roughshod through you soldiers? You'll be painted into a corner there. If you use the PS button trick, I think you can do this no problem...your masochistic desire to play it legit will make the timeline much more challenging. Either way...post updates!

Did you do the Lone Wolf during the first UFO crash? I found it too difficult in the other missions. I used a heavy and I think there's only four or five aliens to deal with. 

Also, I'm really enjoying Banner Saga 2. It feels a little easier than the first one...but I'm playing on Normal for my first playthrough and it may be because I'm familiar with the battle system. They also added some wrinkles that make your characters beefier. If you like the first one, this one is definitely worth picking up. The story picks up almost immediately where the first one left off. Based on which characters survived your save file, impacts the story in this one...which is really pretty cool. It seems like there are some pretty easily missable trophies...but other than that I have no gripes. It's much easier to get supplies and it takes less renown it seems to promote characters.

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Briste said:

Sign me up for another season of PSNP Bros.

Can you sign me up too? I would make a great clown character. xD

Anyways, I have had to unpin Maplestory from my taskbar so I could stop playing the damn game and get back to my actual single-player experiences. Restarting Kingdom Hearts Final Mix 1.5 right now so I can get those three unholy trophies out of the way(Unchanging Armor, Undefeated and Speedster). It seems I could just put the PS4 into rest mode for a day after a few hours of playtime and not worry about voiding the trophy but I like the game and need to revisit it before my March 1st date, when I unwrap Kingdom Hearts 3 and pop that into the old PS4. ;)

Glad you are enjoying RE4 and XCOM, Cassy. To be honest, I am not for any game that isn't a JRPG. I still have several titles on my backlog I haven't started yet(Dragon Quest Builders, Dark Cloud 2, Ni no Kuni 2, etc.).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Briste said:

lol...come on! You're among like-minded individuals. Christ, I'm 37 and made Catherine my 69th Platinum just because it made me giggle. Which ones can you share?

None of them were clever anyway. But Catherine as #69 IS clever.

I think before I said Paladins was my 69th plat, but I went back and counted, and it's actually Root Letter. I'm pretty sure I planned that one out too...

8 hours ago, Briste said:

Sign me up for another season of PSNP Bros. My concern for you would be that you were going to attempt it without the PS button exit out/flash drive backup in case shit hits the fan. In theory you could finish it at one mission per day if you succeed every one. What happens on day 26 when that Sectopod runs roughshod through you soldiers? You'll be painted into a corner there. If you use the PS button trick, I think you can do this no problem...your masochistic desire to play it legit will make the timeline much more challenging. Either way...post updates!

Did you do the Lone Wolf during the first UFO crash? I found it too difficult in the other missions. I used a heavy and I think there's only four or five aliens to deal with.

Yeah, that's the best way to do it. With a Heavy, you can kill one alien pod with a grenade and the other with a rocket. That just leaves the outsider that you have to solo.

You bring up a good point about PSNP Bros. I'm not sure how many missions it will take if I'm failing them all the time. I think what I might do is create a backup save at the start of each mission but only use it if the losses suffered seem too insurmountable to overcome. That's classic Fire Emblem style, and it's basically how the last mission in XCOM works anyway.

I might limit the number of restarts allowed. We'll see.

5 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Glad you are enjoying RE4 and XCOM, Cassy. To be honest, I am not for any game that isn't a JRPG. I still have several titles on my backlog I haven't started yet(Dragon Quest Builders, Dark Cloud 2, Ni no Kuni 2, etc.).

You play a lot of games that aren't JRPGs, though. And I wouldn't call DQ Builders one, but I've been meaning to get around to a mainline Dragon Quest game for a while. DQXI looks really good, but it's suuuch a time sink...as are most JRPGs.

Anyway... Usual updates.

RE4. I knew you could drop El Gigante into the lava pit. I did NOT know that he can grab you from the lava and drag you down with him. I'm finding all sorts of new ways to die. Fortunately, Chapter 4-2 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, as my shotgun shells outnumbered those bug creatures 4:1. Will spraying bullets wildly at flying monsters hurt me in later sections? Maybe, but I'm just glad to be through it.

Pic-a-Pieces. Three fat birds, two swans a-swimmin', and a pear in a fruit basket tree. That's how the song goes, right? Well, those are the next three pictures anyway...

Spyro. No, not Skylanders. This is me starting Spyro 2. In this game, Spyro seems to like water. Unless it's cold. Or toxic. Or lava.

Always with the lava...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

You play a lot of games that aren't JRPGs, though

Well, the RPGS take a long time to complete. I've just finished my beginner mode run of Kingdom Hearts and earned Speedster, Unchanging Armor and Undefeated. I am definitely going to craft the Ultima Weapon and two Omega Arts for Sora for my Proud Mode run because no way in hell am I doing a hell run like I did last time, I made the mistake of defeating Riku 2(which burned all of my elixirs so I had none for Behemoth) and getting one-shot by the Hollow Bastion invaders in Traverse Town. :(

I did manage to get all of the Trinities except for one Blue one and one White one and I got 76 Dalmatians. Might take a change to Birth by Sleep to finish Terra Critical Mode, I just completed Disney Town. I've had to ban myself from MapleStory and drop out of their events so I could get some work done. xD

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I think what I might do is create a backup save at the start of each mission but only use it if the losses suffered seem too insurmountable to overcome. That's classic Fire Emblem style, and it's basically how the last mission in XCOM works anyway.

I was going to suggest something like this where you play the level legit, but at least have some sort of safety net just in case the worst should happen, all your time wasn't wasted. I'm really hoping they remaster this at some point. All this talking about XCOM has me fiending for it a bit. Maybe I'll do a playthrough with one mission a day as well so I don't get too distracted from my trophy hunting addiction :)

12 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

RE4. I knew you could drop El Gigante into the lava pit. I did NOT know that he can grab you from the lava and drag you down with him. I'm finding all sorts of new ways to die. Fortunately, Chapter 4-2 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, as my shotgun shells outnumbered those bug creatures 4:1. Will spraying bullets wildly at flying monsters hurt me in later sections? Maybe, but I'm just glad to be through it.

Pic-a-Pieces. Three fat birds, two swans a-swimmin', and a pear in a fruit basket tree. That's how the song goes, right? Well, those are the next three pictures anyway...

Spyro. No, not Skylanders. This is me starting Spyro 2. In this game, Spyro seems to like water. Unless it's cold. Or toxic. Or lava.

Always with the lava...

You seem to be juggling more than usual in your active game list as well. Are you going to be whittling it down at all or are you going to be juggling a bit more this year? I'm trying hard to refocus mine back down to only a couple. Batman will be active all year since I am trying to do Calendar man legit as well and the Rayman Legends challenges will keep that game active for another five weeks or so (900 more awesomeness points to go!) I've decided to give SMB another try on the Vita. That and Space Hulk are the only two games on my list that I started over a year ago and I have that spot on my bingo card. I played it for a little bit the other day and didn't get too frustrated, so that was a good sign.

I meant to ask earlier when you mentioned it and forgot...why nothing Rayman? You generally seem to enjoy a good platformer and I thought it was pretty good. It is not without frustration (what platformer is?) but I assumed you must have had a bad experience with one of the previous entries in the series. The challenges to get to 6000 points is definitely tedious, but they are generally pretty quick.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Well, the RPGS take a long time to complete. I've just finished my beginner mode run of Kingdom Hearts and earned Speedster, Unchanging Armor and Undefeated. I am definitely going to craft the Ultima Weapon and two Omega Arts for Sora for my Proud Mode run because no way in hell am I doing a hell run like I did last time, I made the mistake of defeating Riku 2(which burned all of my elixirs so I had none for Behemoth) and getting one-shot by the Hollow Bastion invaders in Traverse Town. :(

Good job. At least you won't have to worry about Proud Mode in KH3. I hear you can do everything on the easiest difficulty.

6 hours ago, Briste said:

You seem to be juggling more than usual in your active game list as well. Are you going to be whittling it down at all or are you going to be juggling a bit more this year?

Yeah, I figure with Batman taking the whole year, I might as well destroy my completion percentage. I don't want to go TOO crazy, but I got eleven months before 100% is even a possibility again (assuming I don't run into any unobtainables). Plus, this gives me a chance to play games that I wouldn't want to rush through anyway, like XCOM and Cities.

It's also helping me to relax, by only playing a little bit of each game each day. I don't particularly like sitting in a chair or on the bed for longer than an hour at a time.

6 hours ago, Briste said:

I meant to ask earlier when you mentioned it and forgot...why nothing Rayman? You generally seem to enjoy a good platformer and I thought it was pretty good. It is not without frustration (what platformer is?) but I assumed you must have had a bad experience with one of the previous entries in the series. The challenges to get to 6000 points is definitely tedious, but they are generally pretty quick.

I just never liked Rayman's design. He freaked me out as a kid because he doesn't have limbs. But just because I say I don't like something doesn't mean I won't someday change mind.

I mean, if you had ever suggested to me that I would play another Bubsy game...

• Like 2

Platinum #154 - Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

1L3f1abf.png

The platinum drought of 2019 is over! (Yes, three weeks without a platinum is considered a drought.) This one was a lot of fun, but that's to be expected with our ol' boy Spyro. I'm thinking of maybe holding off onto Spyro 3 until we get closer to 7k trophies, because Shantae can't be the only purple platfoming pyromaniac to grace our milestone board.

We might try to double up by finishing Skylanders this weekend too, but I'm actually a little worried about several trophies there.

Other than that, probably just going to do some cleanup on Pic-a-P, XCOM, and maybe Guac. We got the Harley Quinn DLC coming up, and we're nearing the end of RE4. Cities is still being a pain, but we knew what we were getting into when we started that. And maybe, just maybe, there's another big game in our future...

• Like 2

Nice! I just checked your profile and I noticed something...you are about to overtake Jenny "@Jens" Chicken on the world leader board. I know how ultra competitive we are in here about our standing...but you are within 200 places of him :highfive: I'm wondering if this platinum will push you past.

So I made, potentially, a really bad impulse purchase last night. I won my fantasy football league this year and a few bucks to go with it. I took some of my winnings and bought a PSVR...not sure exactly what made me look at it on Amazon...and what made me add it to my cart...but I've been intrigued for a while so here I go. I'm really interested in checking out Skyrim for it at some point since I loved that game so much...but I think I'll start with the Batman VR...not sure. I'll let you know how it goes. I never anticipated buying one of these...but I would hate to keep that money in my pocket for too long :) 

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

(Yes, three weeks without a platinum is considered a drought.)

Wow, then my profile is the crazy Sahara Desert. xD

I am working on stuff, haven't updated yet as I turned off my PS4 last night and forgot to sync trophies, but I did get one more trophy on KHFM, the one for clearing a Level 3 gummi mission. God, I hate those missions, I am so glad we don't have to do them to get the Gummi Ship Collector trophy in the PS4 version. I eventually managed to get all of the gummi missions in Deep Jungle completed. The Level 3 one was easy since I have six Thundaga-Gs, I just had to decelerate to the max to be able to kill enough ships.

I am downloading some games for my Bingo Bonanza event card. Need to text my only face-to-face friend and tell him not to give back the gift I gave him last Christmas, The Spyro Reignited trilogy which I purchased online.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Briste said:

So I made, potentially, a really bad impulse purchase last night. I won my fantasy football league this year and a few bucks to go with it. I took some of my winnings and bought a PSVR...not sure exactly what made me look at it on Amazon...and what made me add it to my cart...but I've been intrigued for a while so here I go. I'm really interested in checking out Skyrim for it at some point since I loved that game so much...but I think I'll start with the Batman VR...not sure. I'll let you know how it goes. I never anticipated buying one of these...but I would hate to keep that money in my pocket for too long :) 

Nice! If I had the money (and the space), I'd buy a VR too, if for no other reason than Beat Saber. Been watching people play VR on YouTube lately, and it looks like a lot of fun.

I commend you for purchasing it online. Impulse purchases like that almost always involve me rushing to the store so I can use it the same day.

9 hours ago, Briste said:

Nice! I just checked your profile and I noticed something...you are about to overtake Jenny "@Jens" Chicken on the world leader board. I know how ultra competitive we are in here about our standing...but you are within 200 places of him :highfive: I'm wondering if this platinum will push you past.

Mwaha. I'm coming for you, Jenny. But just in case that plat wasn't enough...

Platinum #155 - Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure

1Lec1e0f.png

My first PS3 platinum, and...honestly, one of the harder Skylanders games. I know these games are aimed at kids, but the trophies are sometimes a nightmare. Beating Kaos with a single Skylander might actually be the toughest trophy I've seen yet. At least with Trap Team, you could use as many Skylanders as you had (even if his lasers were bullshit). There were other annoying bosses trophies too, like defeating all the enemies only using Gill Grunt's water attack. Which...technically means if you bought the game used, like I did, you might not have Gill Grunt. I think you have to have a Tech Skylander too, as there was a gate you needed to open for another trophy, but only Tech Skylanders can access it. I'm assuming the starter set has everything you need, but still... Not preowned friendly, this one. Glad they got rid of that shit in the later games.

Well, like with Spyro earlier today, I'm not actually done with this series, as there's still one more game to play. Will I get to it soon? Eh, not likely...

Rest well for now, Drobot. We will need your services one last time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jens said:

My constant loop of humongous games won't help, so I'll be forever cheering from behind from now on :P early for birthday to install / keep patching it. But it won't happen before Tales of Berseria is done..... in 90 hours or so....

Happy (early) birthday! Mine is coming up too. I was debating between asking for KH3 or RE2, but I finally settled on RE2 because I'm so far behind in the Kingdom Hearts series, and I'm about where I wanted to be with Resident Evil. "But C-dawg," you say, "aren't you still working through RE4 on Professional Mode?"

No. No, I am not.

Not a Platinum #Why - Resident Evil 4

10L45b9e8.png

Well, it SHOULD be one.

• Like 3