Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

18 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, that's the game I was referring to. 1f602.png I don't usually watch basketball, though.

lol I should have known. Last nights Purdue vs Tennessee game was pretty good too. The others were pretty boring though. I was able to make some awesome progress in KH...I only have the Defender shield to farm and I'm done with all the trophies except my Proud run. I spent an hour or so on the Defender last night with no luck. If I can get that quickly tonight...I may actually have a chance to finish up a Proud playthrough this weekend. It depends on how much the ramp up is in difficulty.

Things started to fall apart for me late. Mogr bit the dust in a mission that I should've won easily, and then Iver went down soon after. Then came that infamous wave 36 battle (horsey bridge, as I call it), which I think is impossible to get through with no causalities. I sacrificed varl #5 (Fasolt, who looks like he lost a battle with a meat grinder) and Yrsa (but at least she was able to get off some witchery). Wave 40 is ridiculous. Half of my team died, and the rest were badly poisoned when we took out the last enemy. Alette is obviously the MVP of this entire campaign, but Ro'Ech is a close second. Mule Kick also causes the enemy to miss a turn, in addition to knocking them back (which can trigger Overwatch), AND it damages other enemies in the way. It's perfect for keeping bears at bay.

That horsey bridge level was the hardest for me, especially in the boobs run. Their bird of prey ability and their higher STR total had me bent over a table for a bit. I ended up waiting for them to get closer to me and then try to take out the ranged as fast as possible. Battle 40 wasn't bad for me on the easy and two normal runs, but I beat it with only one character remaining. Eyeless is a bitch. The fact that poison spreads to anyone that is standing next to you makes it even harder. I accidentally poisoned most of my team by taking a bad route. It was pretty intense :)

17 hours ago, Spaz said:

I stopped watching when Lebron James became a media circus. Everything he does, even if it means eating at a famous restaurant in Los Angeles or New York and later taking a shit, has to be recorded. 

I don't generally like the NBA game...too much isolation play and not enough team play. The college game is much different and I generally like to watch college basketball...which is funny since I'm the complete opposite with football. I don't really care about the college game but watch the NFL like it's a religion.

11 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Ain't it sad how we all are like "Thanks this is finally over!"? 1f602.png I'm really dissappointed to see this series fail, I used to play almost nothing else, I adored Final Fantasy... Oh well. 

The Ardyn DLC definitely is worth the 10$!! (Spoilers: It's not). Try to have a bit of fun with it! 1f605.png

Yeah it is sad...my first real love in gaming was the Final Fantasy series and the reason that I followed the Nintendo system as a kid. My favorite gaming experience of my life was the first time through Final Fantasy 3...XV didn't feel like a traditional Final Fantasy to me...it felt more like an MMO between the fetch quests and the incomplete game at release requiring many, many updates/DLC to tell the story. Like I said though...it wasn't bad, but it wasn't a Final Fantasy for me. I'm a fanboy though so will play whatever they put out.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Hmm I guess that could work. I rushed to the end of Way of the Strong that way to simply unlock WotD, but then I always fully completed one region before moving on to the next. Have you tried a Twilight Mission in WotD yet? ? You can farm a lot of great equipment in "Marobashi", where you face all weapon masters in a row. But yeah, that mission is a bitch, I started beating it consistently on WotD only once I could almost parry-one-shot them..  

Also, man you seem to be progressing super fast.. Do you mind asking, how many hours have you put into the game already? Really just curious ?

I'm up to 107 hours. I can probably pop the platinum whenever I want, but my boy @Suffocationgr carried me through a ton of WotD missions last night. He cleared about twenty of them in the amount of time it took me to beat the first DLC mission on normal difficulty. I think, in fairness to the game, I'm going to at least try to beat all the DLC missions once by myself, even if I end up needing help for them on WotD. Otherwise, I can't properly review the game.

13 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Come on, Square-Enix, I just platinumed your stupid game for a backlog event, and if you add this trophy, I will have to earn it to revalidate my list's completion! :angry: This is what I hate about DLC, it means no 100%. And yes, I bought and started trophy hunting LEGO Dimensions a second time even though I know that I will only get 48% completion once I get the platinum because the number of bronze DLC trophies for all of the story packs is so massive(39 DLC trophies), I'll never get the 100% for this game. My gawd, I hope they do not add another story pack and have retired LEGO Dimensions because it turns out it was for another event and that event is ending soon so I can't add that to my list there. :(

This is sort of why I am trying to enjoy a game for the platinum and not the 100% because some of those games have horrendous amounts of DLC trophies.

Minecraft is even worse, but at least the DLC packs are free. Cities...really isn't providing enough new content to warrant a $12.99 price tag. Not sure about LEGO Dimensions. I've looked at it before, but the LEGO games are a bit too grindy for me to play more than one or two of per year.

Unfortunately, they're usually the best way to experience movie-based games. (Why can't we have a good single-player Star Wars game for the PS4? ?)

3 hours ago, Briste said:

That horsey bridge level was the hardest for me, especially in the boobs run. Their bird of prey ability and their higher STR total had me bent over a table for a bit. I ended up waiting for them to get closer to me and then try to take out the ranged as fast as possible. Battle 40 wasn't bad for me on the easy and two normal runs, but I beat it with only one character remaining. Eyeless is a bitch. The fact that poison spreads to anyone that is standing next to you makes it even harder. I accidentally poisoned most of my team by taking a bad route. It was pretty intense :)

Hanging back on the horsey bridge level is definitely the way to go. The AI doesn't seem to know how to handle that properly, so they'll end up trapping themselves in a bunch formation. Putting Egil into attack range and having him use Stone Wall is another good way to make the AI waste a turn. Quiet MVP, that guy.

Anyway... It's beginning to look a lot like backlog. I'd like to start something new, but we still got the trifecta of difficult games, Cities' never-ending DLC, and month four of Arkham right around the corner. Let's try to finish one of these before we embark on another adventure.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

I've looked at it before, but the LEGO games are a bit too grindy for me to play more than one or two of per year.

I am sadly inclined to finally agree. I will probably those games for the Vita to get some Vita plats before the PSN store for the Vita shuts down now that the PS Vita is no longer being supported but the PS4 games are not very fun anymore. I have LEGO DC Super Villains on another account but am not into it, even though the story has your main character be a customized character. I wanted to play as a plain-clothes chick with superpowers but the whole GTA wanted mechanic turns me off. :(

Unfortunately, they're usually the best way to experience movie-based games.

Having watched the Age of Ultron and Jurassic World (and all the Harry Potter movies) in theaters, I agree. After watching minifigs of the characters running about, I don't think I can go back to the original movies. LEGO Jurassic World was the only way I watched the rest of the Jurassic Park movies. I don't think I can handle raptors killing people and a T-Rex eating a human being whole. Oh, and I loved how LEGO made Indominus Rex an albino. The original one was a very ugly T-Rex mutant, though I nearly peed my pants when Zach and Grey almost gotten eaten by it before they jumped into the waterfall.

Let's try to finish one of these before we embark on another adventure.

*sigh* Me too. Let me tell you what I would love to complete trophy-wise and what is coming up for me:

What is coming up:

•  Nintendo is releasing Super Mario Maker 2 and a LoZ crossover with Crypt of the Necrodancer, both which I will buy.
  •  PS4 is releasing early access for Dreams which I will buy because I have this dream of creating a detective cat mystery game.
  •  Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC

What I need to go through:

Finish up Dark Cloud and LEGO Dimensions

Start and finish the following:

• Rogue Galaxy
  • Dark Cloud 2
  • both Ni no Kuni games
  • Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
  • Disgaea 1 Complete and Disgaea 5
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Briste said:

I don't generally like the NBA game...too much isolation play and not enough team play. The college game is much different and I generally like to watch college basketball...which is funny since I'm the complete opposite with football. I don't really care about the college game but watch the NFL like it's a religion.

College Football is one of the most corrupt organizations out there. 

I would appreciate if the NFL didn’t come down to Tom Brady and his goddamn Patriots making the Super Bowl every single goddamn year. 

9 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

•  PS4 is releasing early access for Dreams which I will buy because I have this dream of creating a detective cat mystery game.

Super hyped for dreams! The content I've seen from it thus far seems absolutely amazing, and once it has PSVR support, it'll greatly make up for the lack of quality content currently on the system.  
Though honestly I'm as likely to spend my time creating 3D versions of memes as anything else. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Having watched the Age of Ultron and Jurassic World (and all the Harry Potter movies) in theaters, I agree. After watching minifigs of the characters running about, I don't think I can go back to the original movies. LEGO Jurassic World was the only way I watched the rest of the Jurassic Park movies. I don't think I can handle raptors killing people and a T-Rex eating a human being whole. Oh, and I loved how LEGO made Indominus Rex an albino. The original one was a very ugly T-Rex mutant, though I nearly peed my pants when Zach and Grey almost gotten eaten by it before they jumped into the waterfall.

Oh, Jurassic World is definitely worth watching. I haven't laughed that much at a non-comedy since Gods of Egypt.

Well, I said I'd get one game done before moving on to something new, so here you go.

Platinum #161 - The Banner Saga 2

1L4bf12a.png

That was exhausting. Love this series, but that required a bit too many playthroughs -- both in the regular campaign and in Survival Mode. Master Tactician wins the award for stupidest trophy of the year, as it practically makes you import a save from TBS1, save up renown (which you would normally use to buy supplies), and play through about half of the game with the sole purpose of getting that trophy. Even with my import, I still had to farm ~200 renown. And for what? So Alette could solo a map, like she's been doing all game?

Girl's a legend.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

I did it, guys! I finally got the Chirpnado to spawn in Cities, after hundreds of hours of idle play.

...Hahaha, no, I'm kidding. I'll never get that piece of shit trophy. April Fool's.

ANYWAY, I woke up early today to knock out our monthly Arkham trophies. At this point, it's really just riddles, challenges, and NG+ left. If we just get 3-4 trophies on every holiday for the rest of the year, we should have the platinum by Christmas.

With that said, I'm feeling pretty comfortable with where we are. I wasn't able to get all the trophies in Cities over the weekend, but I made a serious dent in the DLC (finished Mass Transit, Green Cities, and most of Park Life) AND I finally got Happy Town, which is a garbage trophy, to say the least. In theory now, all six of the remaining trophies should pop if I just leave the game on long enough...

As for Nioh... Well, it's mostly collectibles, Twilight missions, and all three DLCs left to do. I'm up to 50k glory now. Does anybody want to make a bet on whether or not I'll have enough glory to unlock Okatsu before finishing all other trophies in the game? Remember: she costs 100k. (Yes, 30k more than all the other chicks.)

I've chosen my next game. I don't want to give it away, so I'll give you a hint... It begins with an S, it ends with an O, and it has it roots planted firmly in Asian culture. Care to take a guess?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I've chosen my next game. I don't want to give it away, so I'll give you a hint... It begins with an S, it ends with an O, and it has it roots planted firmly in Asian culture. Care to take a guess?

I feel like this a trick question but I’m still gonna say Sekiro. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Inuty said:

Spyro? ;) If I remember correctly you said you didn´t want to start playing another hard game after Nioh and have some time for more Relaxing games. 

Ha! Good guess! I didn't think it would be Sekiro (which technically ends with "e" ?), but couldn't find a fitting alternative ?

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

As for Nioh... Well, it's mostly collectibles, Twilight missions, and all three DLCs left to do. I'm up to 50k glory now. Does anybody want to make a bet on whether or not I'll have enough glory to unlock Okatsu before finishing all other trophies in the game? Remember: she costs 100k. (Yes, 30k more than all the other chicks.)

Thing is, since all the revenants only drop base-level gear at some point fighting them starts not paying off at all.. I only grinded up to 70k, even though obviously Okatsu is THE girl! 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2019 at 5:04 PM, Cassylvania said:

Master Tactician wins the award for stupidest trophy of the year,

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I did it, guys! I finally got the Chirpnado to spawn in Cities, after hundreds of hours of idle play.

...Hahaha, no, I'm kidding. I'll never get that piece of shit trophy. April Fool's.

While I agree Master Tactician was a stupid trophy considering there isn't enough renown in the game to achieve it without exploiting the horseborn level or carrying over a very large amount from BS1...at least it was doable! Chirpnado sounds like that should be the stupidest trophy of the year. Either way, congrats on the platinum! If you're sick of playthroughs...you may want to give it some time before going into BS3...that one needed even more playthroughs since now you have two games worth of stuff to mess up on. Fortunately not of them are renown related...just do you have the right characters, etc. It might even be worth skipping your own save files just to cut down on playthroughs. 

SPersonao 5? Sing Star-o? Spider-Mano?....Space Hulko? ...oh n/m I just checked your profile and it's Spyro! Good choice since the trophy names are clever and the image is snazzy so your 7000 will look nice!

I figured out early on Saturday that I had no chance to finish my Proud run before midnight last night, so I did some other stuff. The Final Fantasy Comrades DLC took 10 minutes since I beat Kenny Crow on my first attempt. I had deleted FFXV off my PS4 after the last DLC...there was 8 hours worth of downloads so I took that time to do some Arkham City yesterday. I'll try to wrap up FFXV in the next couple of days before I finish up Proud and continue on.

I'm happy the last couple of events I'm in are year long. I've been staying up later than I should a lot recently to try and get stuff done under a deadline. I'm going to slow down a bit for a while and just play when I can and sleep when I'm tired. You planning on any kind of mental break after this event and how challenging your recent slate of games has been?

• Like 1

@Inuty has caught on to my dirty tricks. Dang it.

1 hour ago, Briste said:

While I agree Master Tactician was a stupid trophy considering there isn't enough renown in the game to achieve it without exploiting the horseborn level or carrying over a very large amount from BS1...at least it was doable! Chirpnado sounds like that should be the stupidest trophy of the year. Either way, congrats on the platinum! If you're sick of playthroughs...you may want to give it some time before going into BS3...that one needed even more playthroughs since now you have two games worth of stuff to mess up on. Fortunately not of them are renown related...just do you have the right characters, etc. It might even be worth skipping your own save files just to cut down on playthroughs.

Considering I don't even know which save file is my "real" playthrough, I don't mind a fresh save for TBS3.

I think, if I were going to suggest this series to someone in the future, I'd really encourage playing through each game once, using imported saves, and THEN going for the trophies. Our way has been a mess.

1 hour ago, Briste said:

SPersonao 5? Sing Star-o? Spider-Mano?....Space Hulko? ...oh n/m I just checked your profile and it's Spyro! Good choice since the trophy names are clever and the image is snazzy so your 7000 will look nice!

Yup, got 7k this morning. I was hoping for an image of Spyro, but he's only on the platinum, so I settled for a kangaroo. She's not Rottytops material, but she'll do. If I was on the right milestone, 8000 Reasons to Kick Butt would've been good too.

1 hour ago, Briste said:

I'm happy the last couple of events I'm in are year long. I've been staying up later than I should a lot recently to try and get stuff done under a deadline. I'm going to slow down a bit for a while and just play when I can and sleep when I'm tired. You planning on any kind of mental break after this event and how challenging your recent slate of games has been?

Well, I joined the Songkran Festival event (which you should all sign up for), but that's ten games in three months, which is pretty chill. I haven't given any thought to the games on my list. I figure the categories will help me chip away at my backlog.

Lately, I've been enjoying watching people prank tech scammers on YouTube. I encourage you all to do the same, in honor of this holiday. It's funny and informative.

• Like 1

Well, I joined the Songkran Festival event (which you should all sign up for), but that's ten games in three months, which is pretty chill. I haven't given any thought to the games on my list. I figure the categories will help me chip away at my backlog.

I thought about it but I honestly want to have a Little Event break to Play games I really want to Play right now without any categories :D Since last summer I jumped from Event to Event and played a lot of games from my backlog. I will maybe join another Event if I love the idea of the Event and the categories are manageable for me.

I´m waiting for the 9th of April for now to get my Hands on Zanki Zero: Last Beginning because the idea and mechanics of the game seems pretty interesting for me. I will go with that game next :) For now I will try to finish Dark Souls 3 with my last few trophies required for the platinum after 3 years now :D 

• Like 2

Considering I don't even know which save file is my "real" playthrough, I don't mind a fresh save for TBS3.

The only downsides are that you don't have any max level characters and you don't start with a knock-back item so super Alette isn't as broken. The big plus is that you at least start with all the ingredients to get all the trophies on the fewest number of playthroughs. I found Alette's battles to be slightly easier than the other caravan's, so it may not be a big deal, but I figured I'd give you the heads up!

19 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'll probably sit this one out since my current goal is to beat all the KH games back to back to back. I don't want to try and force those games into categories they don't fit and I'm not straying from that plan at this point. If one of the games in the series makes me want to pull my hair out, then maybe I'll sneak a random game or two in there...but at this point it's Kingdom Hearts all the time until July probably.

19 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Lately, I've been enjoying watching people prank tech scammers on YouTube. I encourage you all to do the same, in honor of this holiday. It's funny and informative.

I found myself watching some April fools videos yesterday, but I'll have to check these out. I generally like a good prank video. And by prank video I mean it's harmless and funny like the one I saw yesterday where they had a guy on a construction site trying to get an air sample using a garbage bag. Not the ones bordering on assault where guys will like run up and grab someone and start to run away or the one I saw the other day where a grown man bumped over his two year old and dunked on him. I don't find those ones as funny since the person it's happening to won't find it funny when it's done. But Tech Scammers aren't human, so all bets are off there!

Sidenote...I am actually kind of enjoying the FFXV DLC :o 

• Like 1

My personal favorite 'stupidest trophy' was the trophy in Birthdays: The Beginnings that required 500 hours of idling. The funny thing is that I actually did it, but then the real life shit that made me take a break from gaming came in and I still haven't gone back to clean up the rest of the trophies. Should get to that, sometime...

2 hours ago, Briste said:

I found myself watching some April fools videos yesterday,

Did you see the FFXIV Omega 'trailer'? That was my personal favorite thus far. The Rabbids in For Honor also sound really hilarious, but unfortunately I didn't have enough time to download the game. Oops!

21 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I think, if I were going to suggest this series to someone in the future, I'd really encourage playing through each game once, using imported saves, and THEN going for the trophies. Our way has been a mess.

I've been considering making the Banner Saga my next platinum after I wrap up what I'm working on. Might get the 2nd and 3rd if I see them on sale and enjoy the first. But goddamn, that trophy sounds annoying. Guess I should make sure to stockpile renown in 1?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I was thinking about it, but honestly I barely managed to finish 5 (actually 8, but doesn't count) for the TTIHAG event.. and looking at my backlog, Beat Saber and Sekiro are still gonna take a while, then I want to do Hollow Knight, which is also not the shortest game, start Crypt of the Necrodancer (peace of cake) etc... So 10 games is not very realistic ?

2 hours ago, Briste said:

Sidenote...I am actually kind of enjoying the FFXV DLC :o 

Dude, you crazy... But seriously, are you? The Ardyn episode, right? Meh, I dunno.. Did you finish it already once? :)

• Like 2

I'll probably sit this one out since my current goal is to beat all the KH games back to back to back. I don't want to try and force those games into categories they don't fit and I'm not straying from that plan at this point. If one of the games in the series makes me want to pull my hair out, then maybe I'll sneak a random game or two in there...but at this point it's Kingdom Hearts all the time until July probably.

*snickers, knowing CoM is next*

I found myself watching some April fools videos yesterday, but I'll have to check these out. I generally like a good prank video. And by prank video I mean it's harmless and funny like the one I saw yesterday where they had a guy on a construction site trying to get an air sample using a garbage bag. Not the ones bordering on assault where guys will like run up and grab someone and start to run away or the one I saw the other day where a grown man bumped over his two year old and dunked on him. I don't find those ones as funny since the person it's happening to won't find it funny when it's done. But Tech Scammers aren't human, so all bets are off there!

Yeah, nothing wrong in pranking somebody who preys on innocent people. Wasting their time is a community service, as far as I'm concerned.

If you want to check out a really good prankster, look up Remi Gaillard. He does stuff that might sometimes be considered controversial, but it's in France, where people aren't so easily offended. You've probably already seen the video where he's dressed up as a kangaroo.

47 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I've been considering making the Banner Saga my next platinum after I wrap up what I'm working on. Might get the 2nd and 3rd if I see them on sale and enjoy the first. But goddamn, that trophy sounds annoying. Guess I should make sure to stockpile renown in 1?

You're going to have to play through TBS1 multiple times, so you'll only need to stockpile renown once. I suggest doing it on an Easy playthrough. I had about 350 renown saved up, but you need around 500 to get six characters to max level. I'm not even sure that's possible with a fresh save on TBS2.

38 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

I was thinking about it, but honestly I barely managed to finish 5 (actually 8, but doesn't count) for the TTIHAG event.. and looking at my backlog, Beat Saber and Sekiro are still gonna take a while, then I want to do Hollow Knight, which is also not the shortest game, start Crypt of the Necrodancer (peace of cake) etc... So 10 games is not very realistic ?

You mad, boy? You're making my XCOM/TBS2/Nioh run look like nothing.

I'm glad it's down to just me and Spyro. We're going to have a grand old time, hunting for gems, chasing butterflies, and basking in the sun. I just need to open my mail first. Junk, junk, junk... Shantae-for-Smash petition... And...huh? A package from Amazon? I don't remember... *tears it open*

... No...

"A TRUE NINJA CAN HIDE FROM ALL BUT HIS FATE."

Who keeps sending me this shit!?

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

Dude, you crazy... But seriously, are you? The Ardyn episode, right? Meh, I dunno.. Did you finish it already once? :)

Yeah, the Ardyn episode is all I have left. I stopped last night after defeating four of the towers. I'll finish up normal mode tonight and then go back and redo it on easy for that last trophy. The only reason I'm enjoying it is because Ardyn was basically an unknown bad guy. I don't really remember any information about his motivations and/or how he got his powers. I think this DLC fills in a lot of the gaps. I think it's a tad bit cliche and maybe even unrealistic...but I like that they are attempting to develop the character some. We'll have to see if I like it at the conclusion as well.

• Like 1

*snickers, knowing CoM is next*

You mean re;CoM. Chain of Memories is the Gameboy Advance game. re:Chain of Memories is the 3D port of that that got into the remixes.

A package from Amazon? I don't remember... *tears it open*

... No...

"A TRUE NINJA CAN HIDE FROM ALL BUT HIS FATE."

Who keeps sending me this shit!?

Did you buy Sekiro on Amazon, Cass? xD

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 6:57 AM, Cassylvania said:

So @Kent10201 was right... this was a trick question lol... you are playing both!!

• Like 1

Neat(o)!! So in the end, you are playing both Nioh and Sekiro... I get ya, couldn't wait either ? Did you get the hang of the game yet? Any first impressions? (Spoiler-free please!)

So, if Cass, you don't mind asking here... @Briste: Now that you are done with the FFXV DLC.. any thoughts? Do you still like it in retrospect? :)

Myself, I did a mistake today.. saw Trackmania Turbo on sale and just couldn't resist. I think there is some forum post here somewhere where I explicitly say that I won't go out of my way to get ultra rares like Trackmania Turbo cause I think I wouldn't enjoy those games.. Uuuups... ? Let's see how much I like this one! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Myself, I did a mistake today.. saw Trackmania Turbo on sale and just couldn't resist. I think there is some forum post here somewhere where I explicitly say that I won't go out of my way to get ultra rares like Trackmania Turbo cause I think I wouldn't enjoy those games.. Uuuups... 1f602.png Let's see how much I like this one! 

You'll probably enjoy it up until you get to the Red Series tracks... at that point it goes beyond Super Meat Boy levels of ridiculously hard. Clearing the Red Series is one of my rarest trophies... good luck if you try and complete the Black Series. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

So, if Cass, you don't mind asking here... @Briste: Now that you are done with the FFXV DLC.. any thoughts? Do you still like it in retrospect? :)

It was fine...it wasn't worth $10...but it was fine. It was by far the easiest of the DLC's and I like that they attempted to develop Ardyn, but it did fall pretty flat. The voice acting was pretty poor and the story felt very X-Men Origins: Wolverine to me and it didn't make much sense. I had some fun phasing around and leaping tall buildings and his attacks were so overpowered so it was amusing for a while...and in all fairness, I did say I was enjoying it a bit, not necessarily that I liked it. I'll say I liked it more than the Comrades DLC, but not as much as Gladio's DLC (which I thought was the hardest one too). From soup to nuts...FFXV just can't hold a candle to any of the predecessors in the series and I'm glad to finally be done with it.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 2:00 PM, Arcesus7 said:

Neat(o)!! So in the end, you are playing both Nioh and Sekiro... I get ya, couldn't wait either 1f62c.png Did you get the hang of the game yet? Any first impressions? (Spoiler-free please!)

Only played it for about an hour, so it's too early to say. The first mini boss kicked my butt a lot, though...until I figured out a way to cheese him.

On 4/4/2019 at 2:00 PM, Arcesus7 said:

Myself, I did a mistake today.. saw Trackmania Turbo on sale and just couldn't resist. I think there is some forum post here somewhere where I explicitly say that I won't go out of my way to get ultra rares like Trackmania Turbo cause I think I wouldn't enjoy those games.. Uuuups... 1f602.png Let's see how much I like this one! 

I have this one in my backlog too, for some reason. I assume it was a PS+ game at some point. Looks tough, but I've been itching for a good racing game for a long, long time...

Anyway, I've been quiet this week because I'm on a mission to destroy the evil that is Cities: Skylines. I'm wondering if reloading my save every session is resetting my progress for the last two trophies. It's a little more annoying to keep the save file going because it forces you to fix all the damage caused by the endless barrage of natural disasters, but at least it makes it easier to keep track of how much time has passed since I started working on this garbage.

I'm also trying to learn Japanese. Random, I know, but it's something to do.

• Like 3

On 4/4/2019 at 8:46 PM, Briste said:

It was fine...it wasn't worth $10...but it was fine. It was by far the easiest of the DLC's and I like that they attempted to develop Ardyn, but it did fall pretty flat. The voice acting was pretty poor and the story felt very X-Men Origins: Wolverine to me and it didn't make much sense. I had some fun phasing around and leaping tall buildings and his attacks were so overpowered so it was amusing for a while...and in all fairness, I did say I was enjoying it a bit, not necessarily that I liked it. I'll say I liked it more than the Comrades DLC, but not as much as Gladio's DLC (which I thought was the hardest one too). From soup to nuts...FFXV just can't hold a candle to any of the predecessors in the series and I'm glad to finally be done with it.

Just give us Final Fantasy 6 already. Square basically ignores everything that's older than Final Fantasy 7 and from what I've seen of Final Fantasy XV, they don't care about the fans all too much.

• Like 1