Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

This is why I always check a trophy guide for any missables and glitched trophies. 

I am skeptical of games that have no trophy guide on either PST.org or here on PSNPROFILES. Games like this with only a few owners could be a crapshoot, but so far from the information you’ve provided and the comments I’ve found across the internet, this game isn’t half bad. 

A lot of indie games come to Steam first before going on PS4/Xbox One. I generally check the forums on Steam for information and a little research so I’m not just completely jumping in blind. Helps a lot.

• Like 1

As usual, thanks for the 'something extra' in your game narrations. I've decided I am going to play The Long Dark at some point. I've never played a game like this and it really seems like something I would enjoy a lot. The $29.99 price tag is a bit steep right now, and I have plenty of other stuff in my pipeline, but I've added it to my wish list for when there is a good sale.

So was Phil an 'all work and no play makes Cass a dull girl' illusion? I mean, in the wilderness It seems like you can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave. That Margot Robbie dig of his was below the belt...she was a true hero once upon a time.

I should finally be able to put a nice little bow on Re: CoM this weekend. I have 7 levels left to gain for Sora and about 30 left for Riku...I will say that grinding xp in this game kind of sucks...I like that you can collect the xp during battle but I think it disappears way too quickly. I've left a lot of xp on the floor since some of the sleight animations take so long to complete. I'm having a mini-dilemma on what I want to do next. My original goal was to have every KH game completed in order on my profile, but that would mean I need to use a skip in the Monthly Madness event I'm in. Re: CoM wasn't nominated for any GOY awards and I won't finish KH2 in time. I could do What Remains of Edith Finch for the event, but that would disrupt my goal. The cool thing is, I have a friend at work that has the PS3 versions of the Remix releases so I can do Re: Coded and 358/2 Days and get the trophies so I could literally do everything in order...since my profile is forever, I'll probably just stick to my original KH plan...but I have a few days to change my mind.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Briste said:

As usual, thanks for the 'something extra' in your game narrations. I've decided I am going to play The Long Dark at some point. I've never played a game like this and it really seems like something I would enjoy a lot. The $29.99 price tag is a bit steep right now, and I have plenty of other stuff in my pipeline, but I've added it to my wish list for when there is a good sale.

I've never been more horrified by a single statement in all my life. If I can't stop you from taking the plunge, at least let my travels be a warning to you. Print out the maps. Save your bullets. Mend your clothes. Beware the aurora.

After trudging all the way back to Milton, I mapped the Orca Gas Station (again), the icon appeared, and...nothing. No trophy. No sound. Just me staring blankly at the screen for at least an hour. When I finally could muster the energy to pick up my controller again, I went through every inch of every map, comparing them to pictures of what they should look like, and I saw it. Katie's Secluded Corner. In Desolation Point. I remembered passing that area very early in the game, but it wasn't on my map. Did I ever find it? I know I made a mental note at the time to check it out -- not just for the trophy, but because it was a possible spawning point for a bow, and this was back when I first making arrows.

So, I headed for Desolation Point. Through Milton Park, up the rope, across the waterfall, into the cave, over the hills, down the railroad tracks, over the ravine, across the deadly trestle (backing up my save first), down the mountain, across the frozen lake, into the Crumbling Highway, and at last wedging my way through a narrow chasm to find...Katie's Fuckin' Secluded Corner. With charcoal in my hand, I sketched out the area and watched Faithful Cartographer (now my second rarest trophy of any game ever) appear on my screen. I squealed like a little girl.

With this newfound strength in my body, I began murdering all the nearby wildlife with arrows and bullets. Deer and rabbits littered the sheets of the ice as my experience levels crept closer and closer to 5. Archery got there first. I had plenty of arrows to spare. But the chamber of my rifle was empty. I found a cartridge in a safe and another under a table in the Processing Plant, but I still couldn't max out my final skill. I'm not even joking when I say the ratio of finding ammo for your revolver versus your rifle is about 100:1. Was I actually screwed?

I had already done two laps around the world. I had looted almost every house. There's a very small chance that ammo can wash up along the shore, but no amount of beachcombing was helping me out. Finally, after getting caught in yet another blizzard (according to my journal, this is #150), I took shelter in a cave with an actual loading screen. That was unusual. My map told me there was a rifle in this area, and where there's a rifle, there may be ammo. I didn't have a lantern, so I had to light match after match to find my way. Before long, I was crawling on my knees, moving at a snail's pace just to find my way through this twisting, turning cavern...and then I bumped into a corpse. There was a rifle on the ground, but no bullets in the chamber. The game lied to me when they said you could increase your level by cleaning your firearm. I threw the rifle down and searched the area a little harder. I found one cartridge. Two cartridges. THREE CARTRIDGES. I quickly loaded them into my gun, laughing maniacally, and kissed the rotting carcass in front of me. This should be enough to get my next trophy!

"So, you finally my wife..." The mustached bastard stood behind me, blocking my only exit. He clapped his hands together sarcastically. "She's even more beautiful than I remembered. Hello, Katie."

"The game is over," I told Phil, as I used the blunt end of the rifle to raise myself off the cave floor. "It's Day 499. By sunrise tomorrow, I will have the last two trophies, and this will all be a bad memory." I stepped over his wife's body. He didn't try to stop me.

I returned to The Riken -- the ship caught in the ice. This was the best place to hunt game. I walked all night long, but found no deer. Maybe I was mistaken.

I walked clear back to Coastal Highway, seeing only two rabbits and a wolf along the way. Wasn't going to risk a shot on any of those. Rabbits are too small of a target and wolves don't hold still long enough.

The Will to Live popped as soon as I found a herd of deer. Funny, that. Bang. Bang. Bang. Skilled Survivor. It's over. It's done. I dropped my rifle. I dropped to my knees. The blood of the deer pooled all around me. It wouldn't be long before I joined my fallen foes.

"You do realize there are ten more trophies in the game, don't you?"

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I've never been more horrified by a single statement in all my life.

I could have said I'm going to play Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure followed by Spy Chameleon and Foul Play!

Is it really that bad? I chalked up your descriptions to playful story telling more than it actually being a bad game. I've just never played any kind of survival game like that before and it seems like something I'd really like...the closest thing I've played like that would be The Last of Us which I don't really think is anything like what you're playing. If not The Long Dark...is there one you would suggest?

55 minutes ago, Briste said:

Is it really that bad? I chalked up your descriptions to playful story telling more than it actually being a bad game. I've just never played any kind of survival game like that before and it seems like something I'd really like...the closest thing I've played like that would be The Last of Us which I don't really think is anything like what you're playing. If not The Long Dark...is there one you would suggest?

I wish I could suggest a good survival game. The best I've played is Don't Starve, which unfortunately has a terrible trophy list and is better played on PC anyway, because of mods. This War of Mine is...depressing and not all that fun. No Man's Sky is supposed to be pretty great now. And I've heard...things about Rust, DayZ, and 7 Days to Die. Never played them, but I think they're multiplayer and pew pews.

My ideal survival game would take place on a deserted island, and there wouldn't be a zombie in sight. It's unfortunate that "survival" is synonymous with "apocalyptic" in the gaming world. It'd be nice to play a more laid-back survival game, like Lost in Blue.

You might like TLD. It's a very well-made game, the developers seem passionate about what they're working on, and the music and atmosphere are spectacular. The challenges are actually pretty fun too. I haven't talked about them, but they're necessary for the platinum and they require doing things like stockpiling supplies for a huge blizzard, getting to the top of Timberwolf Mountain in a certain amount of time, and outrunning a bear. It's just the three trophies I've been working on that are going to wear you down. I think, if you or anybody else decides they want to go for this platinum, I have some advice that will make those trophies a lot more bearable. You really don't want to have to do as much backtracking as I did. The best course of action is to pick a region, look at the map (the ones you find on the internet, with all the important locations marked down), and spend a good amount of time (i.e. a few hours, and as many in-game days as possible) entering every building, looting everything you find, and working on all your skills. It's kinda like No Man's Sky that way, where you have an overall goal, but you have plenty of other things to work on while you're making your way there. I also think you should play through the Story Mode (BOTH episodes) before jumping into Survival or the Challenges. The story is meh, but it teaches you the maps and how to play.

Most importantly, fuck Pleasant Valley. It's the worst region in the game. If you really have to go to that place, stick to the roads (NOT the snow paths) or the outer walls. Going anywhere near that barn is going to get you lost.

I need a break from this game. I'm going back to Sekiro to try to get the bad ending, or maybe start something new...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jens said:

What makes those trophies so rare btw? Are they so grindy or did they introduce trophies later on? It sounds like a game that got patched here and there to be a bigger picture.

They're rare because they're long, somewhat hard, and it's a relatively unpopular game. I'd compare it to something like The Sims 4, where the majority of people who play that probably aren't hardcore gamers, so they're less likely to be into trophy hunting. I seem to be one of the few people on this site who really like complex strategy/simulation games.

I bet if it had more gun play, people would pick it up... *grumbles*

Anyway, I just trashed the final boss in Sekiro. I also got new glasses today. These are so big that they almost wrap around my whole head. I probably look like a huge nerd, but at least my peripheral vision won't be blurry.

2 hours ago, Jens said:

Have you ever looked into We Happy Few? It got steamrolled because of some Kickstarter shenanigans, but that's a drama from the past now :P I don't know very much about it, but it's a survival-ish game that comes to mind.

I saw a few early reviews of it. Not really sure what kind of game it is. It looks a bit too much like BioShock, which isn't a bad thing by any means, but it means it's too much like every other survival game out there. Why can't a survival game be beautiful? That's one thing TLD got right. For as much as I hate the constant blizzards and nightfall, there are times in this game where I look around and I'm like, "Wow, this is great. This is actually a world I'd want to live in."

In fact, here's a picture I took from my little cabin in Timberwolf Mountain. You can even see the plane crash on top of the mountain. The view from up there is beautiful too.

nMBEXFz.jpg

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

As if angels themselves from heaven have blessed me this week...

Platinum #168 - Cities: Skylines

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/0560b4/trophies/1L123c6a.png

It happened in the year 2148. Ironically, I actually SAW it happen (despite leaving my PS4 on for 10+ hours every week for the past few months), because I was in the middle of trying to see if using a C-clamp to hold down the L3 button would cause the game to perpetually stay at 3x speed. (Note: it does not.) I still need that ultra rare Chirpnado trophy, but at least 1001 Nights is out of the way. I was beginning to think my copy of the game was broken.

I don't think I have much else to say about Cities. It's one of the better city building games out there, and probably the best we can hope for when it comes to consoles. The trophies are a bit shit, but let's be real: you're buying this game because you want something deep and complex, not a one-night stand. Cities is a classy dame.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 1:31 PM, Cassylvania said:

The gameplay is lacking, which is going to hold it back from making my, uh, top 19 PS4 games list, but there's a charm here I haven't felt since A Hat in Time. I'd say it's definitely worth a buy, even at full price.

You know, I might go back to A Hat in Time. I platinumed it on my old account and really thought it was cute. Yeah, I hate the Battle of the Birds with a passion, but it's still nice. ;)

I am going to be sitting my family's house for a few days. I might drag my PS3 over there and try to get a ton of Ni no Kuni trophies so I can get that damn game finished. I can't believe I feel burned out on trophy hunting. Damn Yu-Gi-Oh. :(

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! This may be one of those games I'll keep in my wish list for a good sale to play when I'm not looking for something terribly stressful. 

I see you started The Fractured Butt Hole...what do you think so far? I thought it was pretty hilarious, but nothing quite compared with the underpants gnomes section from the Stick of Truth :) I still chuckle at the color of your skin determining the difficulty level of the game. When I told my wife about that she was convinced it wasn't funny...I told her she had to admit it was pretty clever. The micro-aggressions are pretty clever too. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I am going to be sitting my family's house for a few days. I might drag my PS3 over there and try to get a ton of Ni no Kuni trophies so I can get that damn game finished. I can't believe I feel burned out on trophy hunting. Damn Yu-Gi-Oh. :(

Mm... Ni no Kuni. I'm going to need to decide if I want to play that again, wait for a (possible?) remaster, or just jump into the sequel. I liked the game, but that platinum is so grueling.

7 hours ago, Briste said:

I see you started The Fractured Butt Hole...what do you think so far? I thought it was pretty hilarious, but nothing quite compared with the underpants gnomes section from the Stick of Truth :) I still chuckle at the color of your skin determining the difficulty level of the game. When I told my wife about that she was convinced it wasn't funny...I told her she had to admit it was pretty clever. The micro-aggressions are pretty clever too. 

I think it's funny. I don't usually like when a trophy adds a restriction to character creation, but I guess that's okay for a South Park game. Beating up Kyle's mom is my favorite fight so far. ?

But...before we get too crazy with new games (got another big one on the horizon), let's take care of some unfinished business.

Platinum #170 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

1L4f87d9.png

Pretty sure I died more than twice... Anyway, fun game. I don't know if I liked it as much as Dark Souls or even Nioh, but it had its moments. Some of the boss fights were spectacular. I still think the dude on horseback is the hardest. I know he's supposed to be one of the easier bosses, but I was never able to dodge his charging sweep attack, and there's something very disconcerting about standing close to an angry horse. I'll take the shit-throwing gorilla any day...

Most hilarious moment: fighting Jinsuke Saze in NG+. I was already speedrunning the game, so I just ran into the room and began spamming the Loaded Axe prosthetic, fully planning on having to resurrect myself after I had done as much posture damage as possible. Instead, my first strike pinned him to the wall and he was unable to do anything, so I just kept wailing away until he was dead, like literally five seconds later. I blew snot from laughing so hard.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Mm... Ni no Kuni. I'm going to need to decide if I want to play that again, wait for a (possible?) remaster, or just jump into the sequel. I liked the game, but that platinum is so grueling.

I hoped for it for years but then it was on Big in Japan sale for 5 bucks and I couldn´t resist :D If you ask me you should go for it. Btw. you are able to Play Ni No Kuni 2 without Knowledge about the first game. The gameplay is totally different and the Story is not connected. Both games have a lovly Story and for me cool visual designs :) 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2019 at 11:58 AM, Cassylvania said:

As if angels themselves from heaven have blessed me this week...

Platinum #168 - Cities: Skylines

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/0560b4/trophies/1L123c6a.png

It happened in the year 2148. Ironically, I actually SAW it happen (despite leaving my PS4 on for 10+ hours every week for the past few months), because I was in the middle of trying to see if using a C-clamp to hold down the L3 button would cause the game to perpetually stay at 3x speed. (Note: it does not.) I still need that ultra rare Chirpnado trophy, but at least 1001 Nights is out of the way. I was beginning to think my copy of the game was broken.

I don't think I have much else to say about Cities. It's one of the better city building games out there, and probably the best we can hope for when it comes to consoles. The trophies are a bit shit, but let's be real: you're buying this game because you want something deep and complex, not a one-night stand. Cities is a classy dame.

I don't think anything tops SimCity when it comes to utilizing strategy in city building. Sadly the series is pretty much dead thanks to EA killing off Maxis and letting the franchise turn to shit.

Both this and Railway Empire look very intruiging. Both take inspiration from games before it (SimCity and Railroad Tycoon respectively), though I don't know how control schemes are on a controller.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 5:03 AM, Spaz said:

Both this and Railway Empire look very intruiging. Both take inspiration from games before it (SimCity and Railroad Tycoon respectively), though I don't know how control schemes are on a controller.

Cities is probably the most user-friendly city-building game I've played on console. It's also one of the most forgiving. Money is easy to come by, people don't riot out of nowhere (like in Tropico 5), and you rarely feel the need to make backup saves. I had no problem building roads and districts. The only thing I really don't understand, even after playing the game for 150+ hours, is how to level the terrain. It's...not hard to do, but it's not really intuitive, and the end result is not aesthetically pleasing. On the other hand, you could probably consider that "cheating", since the game doesn't really charge you for something that should cost tens of thousands of dollars, so maybe it's best not to use your earthbending powers at all. The maps are all easy enough to work around.

I'm a little leery about Railway Empire, due to the sheer amount of DLC they keep putting out. I think most of the updates are free, but it still might be better to wait for a complete edition.

Anyway, The Long D is giving me fits, but it's nothing I can't handle. The three challenges I've done so far (Whiteout, Hopeless Rescue, and Nomad) are the best the game has to offer. They're leagues better than the "survive 500 days" bullshit because you're given actual objectives with relatively tight timers. In Whiteout, you have 30 days to stockpile a list of supplies before a category 5 storm wipes out half the world or something. In Hopeless Rescue, you only have 7 days to climb to the top of Timberwolf Mountain, recover a distress pistol from the plane wreckage, and fire it from the top of the lighthouse in Desolation Point. (I managed to do it in 4 days because I've done that run so many times now.) In Nomad...yeah, that one's trash. If it came with a map and only required staying at each location for a single night, it might make a good tutorial for learning how to play the game, but the devs were just taking the piss with this one.

I can almost smell the platinum, but a dual challenge (The Hunted 1/The Hunted 2), a collectathon, a glitchy pile of shit (Exploration Game), and Face the Impossible (survive one day on the highest difficulty) still await me.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I can almost smell the platinum, but a dual challenge (The Hunted 1/The Hunted 2), a collectathon, a glitchy pile of shit (Exploration Game), and Face the Impossible (survive one day on the highest difficulty) still await me.

That Face the Impossible trophy has me intrigued...what would they throw at you that makes one day of survival that hard? I mean provided you aren't eaten by an animal or buried in an avalanche...I should think sitting in a cabin for 24 hours would do it. You aren't going to die of hunger or thirst in a day...have you peeked at that difficulty setting yet?

Still no luck on your sharknado or chirpnado or whatever? That seems bananas to me lol I did pick this game up a couple of months ago so will probably get to it at some point, but the RNG factor of this game seems crazy.

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 0:31 PM, Cassylvania said:

But...you're paying for the experience. The animation, the music, the story, the voice acting -- all top notch. You can tell this was a passion project. The gameplay is lacking, which is going to hold it back from making my, uh, top 19 PS4 games list, but there's a charm here I haven't felt since A Hat in Time. I'd say it's definitely worth a buy, even at full price.

Thanks for the review of Forgotten Anne. I had picked this up on the last sale as well and plan on getting to it soon(ish). Really want to knock a few others off my uncompleted list first though... including King's Quest. So happy they made this game as its a great throw-back to many many hours I spent on the old Dos PCs playing Sierra titles.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Briste said:

That Face the Impossible trophy has me intrigued...what would they throw at you that makes one day of survival that hard? I mean provided you aren't eaten by an animal or buried in an avalanche...I should think sitting in a cabin for 24 hours would do it. You aren't going to die of hunger or thirst in a day...have you peaked at that difficulty setting yet?

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering about, too - I guess they could make it really hard (and boring!) by making the in-game time match the actual time, but I doubt that's the case.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Briste said:

That Face the Impossible trophy has me intrigued...what would they throw at you that makes one day of survival that hard? I mean provided you aren't eaten by an animal or buried in an avalanche...I should think sitting in a cabin for 24 hours would do it. You aren't going to die of hunger or thirst in a day...have you peeked at that difficulty setting yet?

I haven't, but the challenges are set on a higher difficulty than what I usually play on, and the only differences I've noticed are that your meters (hunger, thirst, etc.) drain more quickly, supplies are harder to find, and animals are more aggressive. The biggest threat will probably be staying warm. If you can find clothes and a house to take shelter in, I can't imagine it will be very hard to survive for one day. Probably a ~20 minute, RNG dependent trophy.

10 hours ago, Briste said:

Still no luck on your sharknado or chirpnado or whatever? That seems bananas to me lol I did pick this game up a couple of months ago so will probably get to it at some point, but the RNG factor of this game seems crazy.

Maybe one of you mathematicians can figure this out. Let's say a natural disaster hits my city every 10 minutes, and each natural disaster has a 0.14% chance of being a chirpnado. How much time will it take before it's more likely than not that a chirpnado appears? Obviously, the odds for any one natural disaster are the same, but we have to be getting close to the point that it's more likely for the streak to be broken than staying alive...

9 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

Thanks for the review of Forgotten Anne. I had picked this up on the last sale as well and plan on getting to it soon(ish). Really want to knock a few others off my uncompleted list first though... including King's Quest. So happy they made this game as its a great throw-back to many many hours I spent on the old Dos PCs playing Sierra titles.

Oh, me too. KQ was my favorite series as a kid, and I think it was the best game I've played this year. Maybe next they'll remaster Gobliiins or Pepper's Adventures in Time. ?

I'm working on a drawing for the Songkran event. I guess this will become a summertime tradition.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Maybe one of you mathematicians can figure this out. Let's say a natural disaster hits my city every 10 minutes, and each natural disaster has a 0.14% chance of being a chirpnado. How much time will it take before it's more likely than not that a chirpnado appears? 

So in probability terms, I guess you could ask: After how many natural disasters is the probability that the chirpnado hasn't happened 50%? The answer is after 495 natural disasters, or what equals 82.5 hours if one occurs every 10 minutes. 

Or equivalently, the chances of a chirpnado showing up once within 82.5 hours is only 50%... I hope my calculations are correct ?

Congrats on finishing The Long Dark! :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

The devs tried one last time to keep me from platinuming The Long D. This was their most devious attempt yet, as their latest "patch" broke one of the challenges, making it impossible to beat. You're supposed to be able to shoot this bear and chase it all across Mystery Lake -- you know, like you're the hunter and it's the hunted -- but they forgot to make the bear recognize damage, so it would just run right through my bullets and maul me to death. Fortunately, I bought the game on physical disc, so I could just turn off the internet and delete the patch.

Game. Set. Match.

Platinum #171 - The Long Dark

1Lc0a390.png

I deserve a fuckin' medal for this one.

Congrats on your ultra rarest platinum! And thanks for the heads-up on one of the challenges issue - I need to look into it as I am fairly convinced that I will play this game, probably in the summer - last summer I played theHunter and I actually had a pretty good time just wandering in the wild, and even though the two games are actually totally different, the Long Dark somehow has a similar type of appeal to me, we'll see. However, I was close to getting this game digitally and now I may have to change my mind - the game is actually quite cheap on disc, too (around 12 dollars) but I don't like physical editions, too much hassle juggling different discs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

So in probability terms, I guess you could ask: After how many natural disasters is the probability that the chirpnado hasn't happened 50%? The answer is after 495 natural disasters, or what equals 82.5 hours if one occurs every 10 minutes. 

Or equivalently, the chances of a chirpnado showing up once within 82.5 hours is only 50%... I hope my calculations are correct 1f605.png

Brilliant. I knew somebody could figure that out!

Though, I generally let it run six hours at a time, so...

6 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Congrats on your ultra rarest platinum! And thanks for the heads-up on one of the challenges issue - I need to look into it as I am fairly convinced that I will play this game, probably in the summer - last summer I played theHunter and I actually had a pretty good time just wandering in the wild, and even though the two games are actually totally different, the Long Dark somehow has a similar type of appeal to me, we'll see. However, I was close to getting this game digitally and now I may have to change my mind - the game is actually quite cheap on disc, too (around 12 dollars) but I don't like physical editions, too much hassle juggling different discs.

In the devs' defense, they have been updating the game regularly (I've seen two or three patches just in the last week), so I wouldn't expect that challenge to stay broken forever. And I think you could technically still do it, as the bear seems to "advance" to the next location every time he's shot OR if he mauls you. If you have the time and the resources, you could let him maul you, heal up, and then run to the next location. There are only ten locations overall. You can also trick the AI at the start of the challenge by running around the cabin to where the bear can't get you. Since he can't maul you immediately, he just moves on to the next location. I was able to get to the fourth location like this (using the AI trick, letting him maul me at the second, and then he seems to just run away from you at the third), but I couldn't figure out a way to advance him beyond that. You would have to get a little lucky with the loot RNG, because I didn't even have enough clothes to stay warm indoors, and hypothermia is your biggest concern. But if you were forced to keep playing like that, I suppose you could gather enough firewood to last a full day, start a fire on the potbelly stove on the upper floor of the camp office, and sleep until you're back at max condition. You could probably mend your clothes too. You would want to strip down before you let the bear maul you (since he absolutely shreds any gear you have on), but I think it's doable. There's a cabin at the sixth location and trailers near the eighth, so you would just have to repeat the process two more times.

Oh, and Face the Impossible was easy. I started at Desolation Point, so I just ran into the lighthouse and waited out the 24 hours. It was a bit chilly in there, but I slept a lot and ate a can of sardines.

Looks like I got to be #14 after all. ?

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I could just turn off the internet and delete the patch.

Sadly, that is the main case with most of these games. I don't think the devs hate your guts - it's just that they have to go back and update the patch after the newest one breaks the game and makes the platinum trophy impossible, which is SERIOUS BUSINESS for most of us. xD

Great job on another bug-ridden game. Me, I am trying to get trophies in Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, but I am not really eager to climb an active volcano and fight a fire demon who hates your guts. I only brought my PS3 to my parents' house to force myself to get some progress on that game. I can't believe I am not as happy playing this game as I used to be. :(

• Like 1