Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

I've been lurking for almost a year now, I think its time to break the silence and get myself involved in this thread. :D 

First things first, kudos to you Cassy, for establishing the most active checklist on this forum. I wonder, do you know what made your thread distinguish from a lot of the other threads? I've took some time and flew over the first few pages and it seemed active from the get-go.

Anyway, I really enjoyed your XCOM diary entries a few months ago. I've played and 100%ed both XCOM games on the 360 back in the day, but I save-scummed and exited to the dashboard like a berserk, so again kudos for your commitment. Somehow I cant get myself to continue XCOM2 though, it feels and/or plays different; I dont really enjoy many of the time limits/round limits. However, I've heard that the expansion kinda gets back to the older games and is more slow-paced, which I would prefer more.

I hope you dont mind me bringing back up a topic you've mentioned a few weeks/months ago. Regarding Breaking Bad:

Spoiler

I think you've asked around or are interested in peoples opinion about at what time we as the watcher stop rooting for Walt.

I rewatched BB recently with my cousin, because, there are still people out there who havent watched it yet. :D

Well, the first time I watched it (2014), I also binged it and completed the whole series in like 1 1/2 weeks. I was immediately shocked in the first episodes by Walter killing Crazy 8 in the basement and was always kinda on the edge of wether I should root for him or not. Letting Jane die was also hard. But I think I stuck with Walt until the end.

However after rewatching the series over a span of a month and having more time to think about it, I would say that Walt annoyed me with some of his actions in season 3 & 4, especially ruining Gus's business but I really started to hate him in the last season. His excuse was always family first, but the way he mistreated Jesse later on and fucked up everythink, killing Mike just because his ego was hurt (and after finishing Better Call Saul, I am even more mad at him now), he definitely crossed the line for me. However I am glad he fixed some things in the last two episodes, especially giving Jesse his freedom back.

Then, I wanted to ask if you mind sharing your old account? I'd like to take a look on it.

Also, thats a really good drawing. Is this just a hobby of yours or do you make a living with it?

23 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

I still need a game for the 0-entry. I've found games for all the other entries, but I will never manage to get them all done for the event. I mean, it took me a couple of years to get 52 plats, there's no chance that I'll get 10 more in merely 2.5 months... Especially since it's summer and there's always plenty going on.. But I'll try my best to at least get the partial requirements done! 

I am missing an entry for 0 aswell. My only candidates so far are Nino Kuni II and Ace Combat 7, both games I didnt intend to buy, at least not for full to half price.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

I want to draw a similar picture for one of my event lists. I had a dream of drawing a PG-rated romantic pic of Shantae and Jin(from Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom) making out while their various forms spying on them while the snake and crab slumber on a warm rock. :P I had to think that up because Shantae and Jin are so similar with their powers to transform into different forms. (Yeah, and I am a stupid hypocrite because I've yet to re-buy Shantae Half-Genie Hero. :P)

I think I remember you saying you were going to do a drawing a few months ago. You should do that. I've drawn Shantae a few times because I really love that art style. Looking forward to Shantae 5 too!

50 minutes ago, Mori said:

First things first, kudos to you Cassy, for establishing the most active checklist on this forum. I wonder, do you know what made your thread distinguish from a lot of the other threads? I've took some time and flew over the first few pages and it seemed active from the get-go.

Well, hey there, Mori. I've seen your name in the browsing section before and was wondering when you'd peep up. ?

I'm not really sure why this thread is the most active checklist on the forums, when other people put a lot more work into their updates and reviews. I think it's because you can always count on me to post at least a few times a week, and I generally have something to talk about, even if it's not game-related. I think of this place as more of a community for like-minded individuals than a shelf for me to display all of my achievements, so maybe people are more inclined to come here and start up a conversation than congratulate me for whatever. I'm fine with that. I can't compete with the top trophy hunters or those people who tackle games like SMB and Crypt of the Necrodancer. But I can provide a chill environment for those who want it to enjoy.

1 hour ago, Mori said:

I hope you dont mind me bringing back up a topic you've mentioned a few weeks/months ago. Regarding Breaking Bad:

Spoiler

It is kinda interesting that your tolerance for Walt goes down in repeat viewings. I think your story is similar to mine, where you kinda stick with Walt until the end, either because you've been conditioned to cheer on the protagonist, or because, like Walt, you still believe he's a good guy and he'll always do the right thing. It's really interesting to see how many viewers will stick up for him when there's mounting evidence that he's not a good person. That's why I think one of the best scenes in the entire show is when Walt is in the auditorium talking to the kids about the plane crash, and he tries to brush it off as a non-event because far worse disasters have happened. I won't bring politics into this, but that's one of the scariest parts of human nature, where people feel justified in committing horrible atrocities because of whataboutism.

I stopped liking Walt at that point, even though I don't really blame him for the plane crash. Yes, it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't let Jane die, but Jane's father is directly responsible for what happened (and his company did a piss poor job of making sure he was mentally ready to go back to work). But again, that's what's great about the show -- you can excuse many of Walt's actions by shifting the blame to someone else, just like he does. The question becomes: how big of an atrocity does one have to commit before his followers will leave him? By the number of people who still support Walt at the end of the show, I don't think the answer is comforting.

Either way, I'm on Team Hank. ?

1 hour ago, Mori said:

Then, I wanted to ask if you mind sharing your old account? I'd like to take a look on it.

Unfortunately, it's lost forever. I hid all the trophies and I can't remember the e-mail address or password I used, which sucks because I had bought a ton of games on that account. I'm not even sure how many platinums I had. I think it was around 38. (But I only finished around 30 drawings. They're the only reason I even remember what games I played.)

1 hour ago, Mori said:

Also, thats a really good drawing. Is this just a hobby of yours or do you make a living with it?

Oh, it's just a hobby. I wish I was good enough to do it for a living. I was...how do I put this nicely...never really encouraged to pursue art as a career, so I went to college for science and studied marine biology. Didn't really expect to get a job in it, but at least I got to sketch fishes. I'm basically Welkin from Valkyria Chronicles. ?

Yup, so that's my story. Got my Arkham City trophies done for July 4th. These are getting trickier. I have all the ranked and campaign challenges unlocked now, so I guess I could start working on the most difficult trophies in the game. I'm really not looking forward to that grind. I'm also pretty sure I never platinumed this game on my old account, because I've never done a Batman drawing... I mean, I did in high school. We had to do a poster-size sketch just using shadows, and that was perfect for it, but...hm.

Well, happy Independence Day, to all of you in the US of A. I'm going to try to get some sun.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Well, hey there, Mori. I've seen your name in the browsing section before and was wondering when you'd peep up. 1f602.png

I'm not really sure why this thread is the most active checklist on the forums, when other people put a lot more work into their updates and reviews. I think it's because you can always count on me to post at least a few times a week, and I generally have something to talk about, even if it's not game-related. I think of this place as more of a community for like-minded individuals than a shelf for me to display all of my achievements, so maybe people are more inclined to come here and start up a conversation than congratulate me for whatever. I'm fine with that. I can't compete with the top trophy hunters or those people who tackle games like SMB and Crypt of the Necrodancer. But I can provide a chill environment for those who want it to enjoy.

That makes sense. The reason I followed your thread back in the day, was actually because some interesting discussions about everything and anything. I thought about making my own checklist, but I always come to the conclusion that it would end up a barren wasteland. Its rare that other people are genuinely interested in others progression. You manage to make it interesting, even though our tastes in games are different. 

What was your most difficult game you have played so far, lets say: in this generation and overall in your gaming career?

Hide contents

It is kinda interesting that your tolerance for Walt goes down in repeat viewings. I think your story is similar to mine, where you kinda stick with Walt until the end, either because you've been conditioned to cheer on the protagonist, or because, like Walt, you still believe he's a good guy and he'll always do the right thing. It's really interesting to see how many viewers will stick up for him when there's mounting evidence that he's not a good person. That's why I think one of the best scenes in the entire show is when Walt is in the auditorium talking to the kids about the plane crash, and he tries to brush it off as a non-event because far worse disasters have happened. I won't bring politics into this, but that's one of the scariest parts of human nature, where people feel justified in committing horrible atrocities because of whataboutism.

I stopped liking Walt at that point, even though I don't really blame him for the plane crash. Yes, it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't let Jane die, but Jane's father is directly responsible for what happened (and his company did a piss poor job of making sure he was mentally ready to go back to work). But again, that's what's great about the show -- you can excuse many of Walt's actions by shifting the blame to someone else, just like he does. The question becomes: how big of an atrocity does one have to commit before his followers will leave him? By the number of people who still support Walt at the end of the show, I don't think the answer is comforting.

Either way, I'm on Team Hank. 1f44a.png

Spoiler

Its kinda hard to decide if Walt was a good or bad person. I think, what Gretchen said in the second last episode, that the Walt they know no longer exists, hits it pretty good. Like you've said, you can excuse all actions by Walt somehow or shift the blame, but in the end he is the one who made it all possible to happen in the first place. I think Walt is more a person you can only pity after all, but Heisenberg is one you can dislike and hate, though the question is, are they the same person? I mean obviously yes, but was Heisenberg always there, behind the facade of Walt, or did the events of BB created Heisenberg to cope with all the tragedies that have happened?

Anyways, if I had been in Walt shoes, Breaking Bad would have ended as early as in the episode where Elliot and Gretchen offered him his help, financial and with a new job offer. But what Drama would have been that, right? :D 

I think the scene in the auditorium was cringy, I really couldnt stand how hard he tried to convince everyone. I dont mean that in a bad way, it just made me feel uncomfortable. Your question is interesting, I have never thought about it that way before and it is indeed kinda scary to think about it, how far someone can go and still have the support of many.

'Jesus Marie, they are minerals' :D 

I really started to like Hank in the later seasons, but overall I lean more towards Jesse, probably because I can relate more to him.

Also, this makes me always smile again. :D 

Spoiler

Unfortunately, it's lost forever. I hid all the trophies and I can't remember the e-mail address or password I used, which sucks because I had bought a ton of games on that account. I'm not even sure how many platinums I had. I think it was around 38. (But I only finished around 30 drawings. They're the only reason I even remember what games I played.)

Oh, it's just a hobby. I wish I was good enough to do it for a living. I was...how do I put this nicely...never really encouraged to pursue art as a career, so I went to college for science and studied marine biology. Didn't really expect to get a job in it, but at least I got to sketch fishes. I'm basically Welkin from Valkyria Chronicles. 1f602.png

Yup, so that's my story. Got my Arkham City trophies done for July 4th. These are getting trickier. I have all the ranked and campaign challenges unlocked now, so I guess I could start working on the most difficult trophies in the game. I'm really not looking forward to that grind. I'm also pretty sure I never platinumed this game on my old account, because I've never done a Batman drawing... I mean, I did in high school. We had to do a poster-size sketch just using shadows, and that was perfect for it, but...hm.

Well, happy Independence Day, to all of you in the US of A. I'm going to try to get some sun.

Okay, no worries. Did you only play around 40 games on that account or weren't you a completionist before? I saw you've mentioned earlier that Tomb Raider was the last game you played on that account, but what ultimately made you create a new account and start from scratch?

Well, in my eyes you're pretty good, but I also have no clue about art and like Arcesus, I am a potatoe when it comes to drawing (or art in general). Have you ever tried freelancing? It seems some people can make some good buck with it and maybe it could lead to some juicy opportunities?

But marine biology sounds great aswell. How about getting in a submarine and draw the wonders of deep sea life? :D

Anyway.. I must sound like a broken record by now but kudos again, that you actually doing the Arkham City calendar days legit, but I also understand your reasoning. Suffering through the same combat and predator challenges 4 times back-to-back sucks big time.

btw. how comes that you are rocking that Hollow Knight Avatar for so long, but havent played it yet? I guess you fell in love with the gorgeous art style of the game?

Edited by Mori
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Mori said:

What was your most difficult game you have played so far, lets say: in this generation and overall in your gaming career?

The hardest game I've played this generation is probably The Witness. I had stacks of papers and notes strewn throughout my room while I was working on those puzzles. I know you can just look up the solutions online (and I'm sure a lot of people did), but I come from a generation where the only help you had to beat a game was a poorly-written instruction manual and rumors on the school bus. Looking up solutions is like having somebody play the game for you.

The Talos Principle was hard too, but you could use deduction and process of elimination to solve puzzles. I also wasn't going to waste my time trying to find all the gold stars on my own, since those were beyond ridiculous.

For skill-based games, I would say Uncharted 1-3 on Brutal. I'm going to assume there's a way to cheese those, because I highly doubt 10k+ people went through what I did. ?

Overall, though? Flappy Bird. Screw that.

5 hours ago, Mori said:

Okay, no worries. Did you only play around 40 games on that account or weren't you a completionist before? I saw you've mentioned earlier that Tomb Raider was the last game you played on that account, but what ultimately made you create a new account and start from scratch?

At the time, I was trying to platinum every game, but I didn't care about 100%. I think I had a few games on that account where 100% was impossible because of discontinued DLC or closed servers.

I had CJ syndrome back in the day, where I'd make new accounts all the time because of some stupid reason (didn't like a game I played, played Mass Effect 2 before Mass Effect 1, didn't like my PSN ID, got 13 trophies on the first day of my account, didn't like the timestamp of a platinum, etc.). I've probably had more than 100 PSN accounts over the years. I'm not even joking. I eventually just decided I had to make an account and stick with it. That was four years ago, so I guess I'm cured.

5 hours ago, Mori said:

Well, in my eyes you're pretty good, but I also have no clue about art and like Arcesus, I am a potatoe when it comes to drawing (or art in general). Have you ever tried freelancing? It seems some people can make some good buck with it and maybe it could lead to some juicy opportunities?

Thought about it. I've done some minor commissions, but I don't know how much I'd enjoy freelance work. If I actually got paid to draw what I like, I'd probably consider it more seriously, but it's very different when you're following orders and are on a tight schedule. I guess any hobby would be like that.

5 hours ago, Mori said:

But marine biology sounds great aswell. How about getting in a submarine and draw the wonders of deep sea life? :D

I'd need a job in my field first. ?

5 hours ago, Mori said:

Anyway.. I must sound like a broken record by now but kudos again, that you actually doing the Arkham City calendar days legit, but I also understand your reasoning. Suffering through the same combat and predator challenges 4 times back-to-back sucks big time.

Tell me about it. I spent a good chunk of last night playing through Robin's maps and I still have 100 challenges/campaigns to go. I think I'm going to try to finish up Robin this weekend and the rest next month. I obviously won't have a lot of time on Thanksgiving or Christmas to play video games.

I have more I want to say, but I gotta sneak out of work early, so I'll leave the Hollow Knight question up in the air! Could my avatar be a sign of things to come? Is there a point to this string of difficult games I've been playing? Stay tuned next week. Same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel!

• Like 3

On 7/4/2019 at 9:15 AM, Mori said:

I wonder, do you know what made your thread distinguish from a lot of the other threads?

I know I stumbled onto this thread by accident. I was playing XCOM 2 at the time. The expansion had just come out and it was one of the very few opportunities I've had to be a 'First Achiever' on something and I was trying to be in the top 10 (I got 8 :)) When I checked the leaderboard, I saw that someone named Cassylvania had finished it slightly before me. I really liked the PSN name and checked out Cassy's trophy list and saw a lot of similar games/games I had planned on playing on the list. When I checked out the forum profile, I saw Cassy had a trophy checklist thread. After reading it to that point, I felt like it was a group of like-minded, friendly people, similar to me in age and game choices so I've stuck around, probably much to Cassy's chagrin lol :) But I have to agree with her assessment that it is a chill place to talk, welcoming with no toxicity and broad in topics. I have since started my own checklist, but I don't ever anticipate it being anything other than my own (public) diary to help me remember my gaming experiences better.

34 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I had CJ syndrome back in the day, where I'd make new accounts all the time because of some stupid reason (didn't like a game I played, played Mass Effect 2 before Mass Effect 1, didn't like my PSN ID, got 13 trophies on the first day of my account, didn't like the timestamp of a platinum, etc.). I've probably had more than 100 PSN accounts over the years. I'm not even joking. I eventually just decided I had to make an account and stick with it. That was four years ago, so I guess I'm cured.

No shit huh...I would have never guessed that you went through more than 100 PSN accounts. So you're why no names are available lol :)  In a real Scooby Doo mystery unveil, if we pull off the mask will we find out that Cassy was really CJ this whole time?!?! You would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids! Finkle, Einhorn, Finkle, Einhorn, Einhorn, Finkle...wait Finkle is Einhorn...Einhorn is a man! Well, I think you ended on the most creative/interesting name yet.

Back to reality :) I almost missed yesterdays calendar myself. I was also trying to get through some of the challenge mode stuff before visiting Calendar man and had to save and exit before I did since company was coming over. I started play to BBS again last night before bed and almost didn't remember that I hadn't visited our favorite psychopath. That makes two months in a row I cut it to the final 30 minutes of the day...I need to do that first thing from now on lol

I hope you were able to enjoy your 4th as much as I did. I'm a little redder today from all the sunshine and definitely a pound or two heavier from all the food.

Edited by Briste
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Briste said:

You would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids!

Don't forget their dog! That's the stinger! :D

But yeah, I admit that this is my 15th or somewhat account. I am going to try to stick with it but fate really hates me. My copy of Kingdom Hearts III won't load properly and when it did I could only play to a point and then the game stopped me from going further and saying it was downloading an update but the bar never moved. Maybe the digital version works but paying another $65 for a digital download is going to really suck. :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Briste said:

No shit huh...I would have never guessed that you went through more than 100 PSN accounts.

I had it real bad. Granted, most of those accounts never survived the first hour. I'd come up with a name, stare it at for a while, and then decide that I didn't like it anymore. I had some cool ones, though... Coltorado. That was neat. Rattatouille. Troubledour. Probably spelled all of those wrong, but that's what happens when every name is taken and you're just trying to force a pun to find something unique.

The other problem I had is that I'd associate the name I was using with the game I was playing, so a rugged cowboy name like Colt would work for Red Dead Redemption but not Dark Souls. This was seriously the reason I'd sometimes make a new account. And the more I did it, the more I felt like I had to come up with something universal. Just thinking about it brings back so many bad memories. I mean, this was affecting every facet of my life. I used to sit in my driveway with the car still running and wait for the song I was listening to to stop, because I felt I wasn't allowed to get out in the middle of a song.

I'd also spend a long time reconstructing sentences to avoid writing stuff like "to to".

Or ending sentences with something in quotations because it's technically more grammatically correct to have the period on the inside of the quotation marks, even though I think that looks stupid.

Yup. So glad those days are over.

I hope you were able to enjoy your 4th as much as I did. I'm a little redder today from all the sunshine and definitely a pound or two heavier from all the food.

It was too damn hot. I barely lasted five minutes.

Well, Robin's maps are almost done. The predator challenges SUCK. They were fun in Asylum, but trying to do stuff like ledge grab two enemies at the same time or shield bash an enemy off a walkway is annoying. I'm not sure what I'd prefer, but maybe something more like the combat challenges, where you get more points for stylish takedowns. I guess I should just be glad that they're not timed.

Anyway, I'm debating picking up Kingdom Come: Deliverance. With the Royal Edition out now, maybe all the bugs have been fixed (?) and it'll be worth a play. At the very least, I think I'll get my money's worth. Anybody tried it out yet?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I had it real bad. Granted, most of those accounts never survived the first hour. I'd come up with a name, stare it at for a while, and then decide that I didn't like it anymore. I had some cool ones, though... Coltorado. That was neat. Rattatouille. Troubledour. Probably spelled all of those wrong, but that's what happens when every name is taken and you're just trying to force a pun to find something unique.

Anyway, I'm debating picking up Kingdom Come: Deliverance. With the Royal Edition out now, maybe all the bugs have been fixed (?) and it'll be worth a play. At the very least, I think I'll get my money's worth. Anybody tried it out yet?

A hundred PSN IDs? I can't even imagine. I play in my first ID, and it's only my second gamer name (my first one was "Chuck", and since back then you often had only three characters to enter at high scores, Chk).

KCD isn't totally bug free yet. I'm playing it right now (base game only), and there are a couple of bugs. Some are minor, like preventing changing tabs in a shop, or not getting the quest reward. One quest though is seriously bugged (finding a priest for a village for the fled villagers to return; the priest I chose did not go there and the other one doesn't seem to be available any more. I hope it only affects this one quest, I don't know if the village opens up and has more quest available that are now bug-locked). I am playing blind, I don't want to spoil things by looking it up.

It plays somewhat slow, fast travel isn't fast travel, more like auto travel. Some quests drag along, you have to do all sorts of things for just a single quest (e.g. hunt this, then hunt that, do more hunting, and then more hunting - that counts a single quest). Due to the all the time I spent on sidequests, the main story loses focus, I think.

I like the fighting, though. If you are untrained, you get stomped. It get better the higher your fighting abilitites get. If you are outnumbered by trained warriors, you have to be very careful not to get overwhelmed. The only thing I don't like is that the enemies rubberband to you, fleeing is difficult.

The setting is what sells the game for me. I have an interest in history, that was the main reason for me to get this game.

Edited by Rally-Vincent---
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 5:26 PM, Cassylvania said:

FdUV5bp.png

I think it came out okay.

Sorry I quoted this, but this is one mega-amazing artwork! :D

Look, I know you don't do commissions so can you recommend someone who draws just as well? I wanted to have a picture like this for my Gaming by Numbers event when I finished it, but I draw worth jack. I'd be willing to pay them, though I'd have to reinvoke my PayPal account again.

On 7/6/2019 at 7:36 AM, Rally-Vincent--- said:

The setting is what sells the game for me. I have an interest in history, that was the main reason for me to get this game.

That's the selling point for me too, I think. I also really like how it seems to be a real RPG, without all the ridiculous things that (while convenient) ruin modern RPGs. I think that's ultimately why I've gone on rants about Skyrim before, because I do really like the setting and premise of that game, but it was never as immersive as I felt it could have been. I was never scared to travel at night, I never had to plan a route for any other reason than finding the quickest way, and I was always the most powerful person in any room. I feel like, in a good RPG, I should be scared shitless of the things around me. That's why, for all the hell it put me through, The Long Dark was honestly one of the best experiences I've had in gaming in a long time. I actually felt like the character I was playing.

Anyway, I'll pick it up if there aren't any game-breaking bugs. I hear the quest-related trophy is glitched in a good way, so you have some leeway on how many quests you actually have to complete. Hopefully it's not like Dragon's Dogma, where I have to keep a notebook next to me to keep track of missable things.

On 7/6/2019 at 2:37 PM, RuneEyesDragon said:

Look, I know you don't do commissions so can you recommend someone who draws just as well? I wanted to have a picture like this for my Gaming by Numbers event when I finished it, but I draw worth jack. I'd be willing to pay them, though I'd have to reinvoke my PayPal account again.

Have you tried Fiverr or (be careful what you search for) DeviantArt? The problem I think you're going to have with commissions is that most artists charge per character, which means you may end up paying a lot for a single picture. It may be cheaper to have someone draw your OC (original character).

Anyway... Took all weekend, but...

Platinum #175 - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/eb882e/trophies/1L028125.png

For those going for the platinum, there are basically two parts to this game. The first 10-15 hours will be getting your ass kicked (yes, even on the easiest difficulty) by every boss you encounter. The next 10-15 hours will be running through the same areas over and over (hopefully with Accelerator) to get all the crafting materials you need for the 100% item trophy. It is extremely tedious, and yet...I dunno. I like games where you're trying to juggle multiple things at the same time. Like, your target is one particular enemy, but there are other enemies along the way that might drop valuable items, so you're killing them too for extra experience, and sometimes they drop shards which you also need, but you're also working to uncover 100% of the map, and oh you need money in order to pay for these upgrades, so you're breaking candles along the way and grabbing all the gold you can. That's how you make a grind a little more bearable in a game like this.

That said... My stance on the game hasn't changed much. It's pretty telling that I enjoyed the monotonous grind at the end more than the actual campaign. The story is...not very good. It is extremely generic and by far the weakest part of the game. I can't even comment on the voice acting because I just started skipping through the dialogue (since I can read faster than the characters can speak), but it seemed fine for the most part. The only interesting character in the entire game was Benjamin. He barely even qualifies as a quest giver, but he did something no other character could do: give Miriam a personality. This could be forgiven if the villains were more interesting, but they weren't.

I've grown to tolerate the graphics. They're still a little 2002 to me, but l suppose that can be retro now too.

I also feel it necessary to point out that there's a difference between paying homage to a game and blatantly copying them. When you have characters, moves, upgrades, quests, items, areas, enemies, progression, and a title ripped straight from SotN, I think you're taking it a bit too far... (And then they have the audacity to put a trophy in the game that directly references a secret part of that game, like, "Dur hur, remember when you did this in Symphony of the Night?" and you're just like, "OMG, WE GET IT ALREADY!")

It may sound like I'm being hard on the game, but it does get it right in the area that matters most, which is the gameplay. The controls are tight, Miriam handles very much like Alucard, and the game becomes REALLY fun when you have all your movement upgrades (unfortunately, this doesn't happen until the post-game). The combat is pretty sweet too. I only used a few weapons during my playthrough: whatever generic shit you start the game with, the Flying Edge (lol hax) as soon as it became available, the Steel Lightning/story-based katana for end game, and the utterly broken Rhava Velar when I actually figured out how to use the crafting system. I wish I had made use of that sooner. But there are dozens of weapons I never even touched, so there's definitely some customization and replay valuable there.

You can also collect shards, which work as your spells in this game. Every enemy possesses a unique shard, and each shard grants you access to a new ability. Some of these are passive, some of them are attacks, and others help you traverse the world more easily. And this is where the developers went a little overboard because there are about a hundred of these things, but you can only have one of each type equipped at any time. They remind me of HMs in the older Pokemon games, where you're forced to carry around a stupid Oddish that knows Cut, even though Sleep Powder is a much better move. You can switch between shards pretty easily, but it's still a pain to have to open up the menu screen to alternate between something like True Arrow, which is an amazing attack, and Reflector Ray, which you need to access certain areas. (You do unlock Shortcuts pretty early in the game, but I rarely made use of them. Mostly because they seemed like a buggy pile of jank.)

Despite my gripes, I'm going to recommend this one. It's flawed, but it has good intentions. Kinda like when you hook up with a really nice girl and all she does is talk about her ex. You'll be a fine game if you just learn to stand on your own, Bloodstained.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

On 7/4/2019 at 5:24 PM, Cassylvania said:

I can only agree with this. I stumbled upon this checklist quite soon after joining this page last year. It would always show up in the "unread content" feed I usually browse through, and I was simply hooked. I lurked for a while as well, but when Cassy started playing Nioh I had to step forward :D We might not agree on it, but I still think it's one of the best games on the PS4 ?

In any case, even though I might not write here as often as I'd like to, I still enjoy reading all the updates ? Like @Briste (I also read yours, keep writing!) I've also started my own checklist, mostly because I wanted to have a way of gathering my thoughts in one place after spending time with a particular game. If people read it, great! I'd be happy! If not, it acts at least as my own gaming diary, if you will ?

@Mori I would totally read your checklist, if you ever made one :D I think we have a pretty similar taste in games. Same question to you, though.. what is your hardest plat yet? (or 100%, if it is Trials..)

On 7/5/2019 at 9:05 PM, Cassylvania said:

Jeez, would never have thought so! If Sony would have given you the option to change your PS ID back then, you might have spent more money on that than the actual games ? But jokes aside, glad to read that that's in the past... Your current account is amazing! 

Congrats on the newest platinum! I'm still not convinced, though :P

Edited by Arcesus7
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

They remind me of HMs in the older Pokemon games, where you're forced to carry around a stupid Oddish that knows Cut, even though Sleep Powder is a much better move.

Joke's on you, Oddish can't learn Cut. That's Bellsprout. But yeah, I am so glad Game Freak is ditching HMs in the newer games. I don't care if Pokémon Sword has issues, it they can allow you to fly from town to town on a metal raven, so be it. :P

On 7/6/2019 at 1:32 AM, Cassylvania said:

This actually makes a little sense in that context. I used to do that with specific games sometimes...but not with a profile. Before I came up with my Briste character name, I remember sitting for hours sometimes trying to think of the perfect name for the character I was playing. I did that with Diablo on the PC. I read all the Lore that came with the game and a bunch of magazine articles. I spent a couple of days reading about stuff because I didn't want my character to have a lame name. I ended up settling on the name Olbaid (Diablo backwards). I figured I was the anti-Diablo so it made great sense. So while I agree you had it bad since these were whole profiles...I kind of get it at the same time.

On 7/6/2019 at 1:32 AM, Cassylvania said:

I used to sit in my driveway with the car still running and wait for the song I was listening to to stop, because I felt I wasn't allowed to get out in the middle of a song.

In all fairness, I do this too...but it's mostly because I want to hear the end of it more than I don't feel like I'm allowed to get out of the car. It seems like you had a little bit of Eric Cartman's 'Come Sail Away' syndrome lol

Congrats on #175! That's actually a pretty good Platinum trophy image to have as a milestone. When I glanced at them quickly before...nothing stood out but when you blow it up, it's actually pretty nice. Despite your lukewarm review, I'll probably throw this into the mix at some point if really is a SotN clone.

11 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Like @Briste (I also read yours, keep writing!) I've also started my own checklist, mostly because I wanted to have a way of gathering my thoughts in one place after spending time with a particular game

Thanks! I do plan to do periodic updates and to finish my Platinum trophy write ups at some point, but I come here for the conversation :) This thread is already established and ticks a lot of boxes for the friendly banter.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Anyway, I'll pick it up if there aren't any game-breaking bugs. I hear the quest-related trophy is glitched in a good way, so you have some leeway on how many quests you actually have to complete. Hopefully it's not like Dragon's Dogma, where I have to keep a notebook next to me to keep track of missable things.

Some of the quests are time sensitive and can be failed if not tackled within a certain time. I learned the hard way you better not go around unlocking every available quest, which is part of the reason the game takes so long. it's not the usual "do everything for ten quest while you are here" thing, at least I don't dare to do that any more. So remembering all the stuff for let's say three quests at a time isn't that hard.

1 hour ago, Briste said:

This actually makes a little sense in that context. I used to do that with specific games sometimes...but not with a profile. Before I came up with my Briste character name, I remember sitting for hours sometimes trying to think of the perfect name for the character I was playing. I did that with Diablo on the PC. I read all the Lore that came with the game and a bunch of magazine articles. I spent a couple of days reading about stuff because I didn't want my character to have a lame name. I ended up settling on the name Olbaid (Diablo backwards). I figured I was the anti-Diablo so it made great sense. So while I agree you had it bad since these were whole profiles...I kind of get it at the same time.

In all fairness, I do this too...but it's mostly because I want to hear the end of it more than I don't feel like I'm allowed to get out of the car. It seems like you had a little bit of Eric Cartman's 'Come Sail Away' syndrome lol

I wonder - have you ever thought of signing up for the PSNP interviews, you and Cassyvania?

Edited by Rally-Vincent---
  • Like 3

I generally see the same 5 - 10 people on this thread posting constantly every couple days, that's a big reason why this thread is the most active one on the Trophy Checklists sub-forum.

Most of the other threads like my own I just periodically make a couple updates and say a quick piece on a game I just completed. I don't bother to make textbook statements on it because 1. Doesn't get many responses and 2. Not willing to put in the work when I have a job and classes to worry about.

I'm highly considering slowing down at 10,000 trophies because trophy hunting just isn't giving me the satisfaction like it did a few years ago. At first I was basically picking out any game I played when I was younger and getting trophies in them because I felt that was fun and gave new life in the games. Now I'm finding it a struggle to pick another game off my shelf and sticking with it.

I just finished Dark Souls and that was very thrilling to play through. I don't need to explain it anymore than that. But overall I'm starting to find that trophies are just trophies.

PSNProfiles has also lost a fair amount of members since I joined five years ago and that has sort of made me lose a little interest in trophy hunting.

After the 10,000 trophy number milestone I'll probably quit for a while and find some other hobbies. I may start playing some games on Steam that I've neglected for the better part of two - three years, since their achievement system doesn't mean jack shit I may have some fun that I haven't had in ages.

I imagine a lot of trophy hunters quit after four, five, six years or so and it's not hard to see why. I have the utmost respect for you guys who have stuck with it since the beginning, since I don't think that is something I would of been able to do. Things have changed so much over the past 10 years. A platinum used to be a badge of honor. Nowadays you can get 20 - 30 platinums in under a day if you wanted to. Too many shitty games out there to think that a platinum on it's own has any real merit outside of a few games that require real effort to obtain.

One reason why I get bored with a lot of today's AAA games because of how easy and streamlined they've become.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Jeez, would never have thought so! If Sony would have given you the option to change your PS ID back then, you might have spent more money on that than the actual games 1f62c.png

You know, I'm not even sure that's true. I think I just wanted the option. We have it now and I have zero interest in changing my name. Although Casslahoma has a nice ring to it...

I spend a long time coming up with character names in RPGs. One of my mains in Skyrim was a cleric who liked to use a bow, but his accuracy was crap, so I named him Timmy Tebow. ?

(And before you tell me that it was *my* accuracy that was crap, I'm just stating his backstory. He got better.)

Congrats on #175! That's actually a pretty good Platinum trophy image to have as a milestone. When I glanced at them quickly before...nothing stood out but when you blow it up, it's actually pretty nice. Despite your lukewarm review, I'll probably throw this into the mix at some point if really is a SotN clone.

Yeah, it's a pretty great image. It actually fits the theme I was going for with my original milestones. If I was closer to #8000, I might have considered Cartographer too, but I wasn't sure when it was going to pop. (Turns out I just had to enter the room with the final boss, but a few other trophies popped around that time as well.)

I was kinda thinking we might shoot for my 200th platinum on Halloween night, but I don't know how realistic that is. That's 25 platinums in 16 weeks (and I'm going on vacation for one of those). End of the year is probably better. In either case, it's not like I'm in a rush. I'm just happy that I can knock off Tomb Raider: Anniversary now.

8 hours ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

I wonder - have you ever thought of signing up for the PSNP interviews, you and Cassyvania?

I've seen those, but I'm not sure what they are. I figure if anybody wants to ask me something, they can just do it here.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

One reason why I get bored with a lot of today's AAA games because of how easy and streamlined they've become.

Have you ever watched Worth A Buy on YouTube? You remind me a lot of him. He's a bit older than me and I don't share his love of first-person shooters (or hatred of console games), but he brings up a lot of good points when it comes to the state of the industry today. The dumbing down of AAA games is a big one. I guess I don't notice it as much because AAA games only make up a small percentage of the games I play, but I could easily see someone getting bored if all they played were these open world movies and looter shooters. No offense to those kinds of games, but they all look the same to me.

• Like 2

On 5.7.2019 at 9:05 PM, Cassylvania said:

The hardest game I've played this generation is probably The Witness. I had stacks of papers and notes strewn throughout my room while I was working on those puzzles. I know you can just look up the solutions online (and I'm sure a lot of people did), but I come from a generation where the only help you had to beat a game was a poorly-written instruction manual and rumors on the school bus. Looking up solutions is like having somebody play the game for you.

The Talos Principle was hard too, but you could use deduction and process of elimination to solve puzzles. I also wasn't going to waste my time trying to find all the gold stars on my own, since those were beyond ridiculous.

For skill-based games, I would say Uncharted 1-3 on Brutal. I'm going to assume there's a way to cheese those, because I highly doubt 10k+ people went through what I did. 1f602.png

Overall, though? Flappy Bird. Screw that.

The Witness was an awesome game. I also had so many papers and notes at the end but it felt so satisfiying to figure out all the solutions by myself (well most of them). Those later sound puzzles were ridiculous and I had to look it up. While I am probably younger than you (I am 26), I still needed to figure out a lot by myself back then and guide books were still a thing. I myself had no internet at home until I was eleven or twelve. And yeah, those intruction manuals were the best. In my anticipation to play the game I always read them to get even more excited. :D 

The Talos Principle is probably my most favourite puzzle game I've played so far. I remember finding out about the game on youtube because I listened to the OST first, which btw. is pure divine. But yeah, I also didnt care to find the stars on my own. Some were so ridiculously hidden. I also skipped through the DLC, somehow I didnt care about it that much and just wanted it to be over. But I enjoyed the secret levels the most, if I remember correctly those unlock after collecting all stars.

Yeah, you can use tweaks in Brutal mode, but I suffered through it without those.

Futuridium EP Deluxe has a Flappy Bird mode. Yeah, fuck that. :D

At the time, I was trying to platinum every game, but I didn't care about 100%. I think I had a few games on that account where 100% was impossible because of discontinued DLC or closed servers.

I am glad you were able to leave that behind you. I can relate a bit though. I never had it that intense, but some tendencies towards wanting to be perfect are there. I used to say I have OCD, but after seeing what real OCD can be, I am rather normal.

btw. I looked up CJ syndrome, but I am not sure I found the right thing? Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease is the only thing google spits out and from what I've read its really dangerous and in most cases deadly.

Tell me about it. I spent a good chunk of last night playing through Robin's maps and I still have 100 challenges/campaigns to go. I think I'm going to try to finish up Robin this weekend and the rest next month. I obviously won't have a lot of time on Thanksgiving or Christmas to play video games.

I have more I want to say, but I gotta sneak out of work early, so I'll leave the Hollow Knight question up in the air! Could my avatar be a sign of things to come? Is there a point to this string of difficult games I've been playing? Stay tuned next week. Same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel!

Well, gl & hf with that. :D 

Hollow Knight is a must play, rather sooner than later. :P You also get to play the UR plat version, lucky you, though you probably dont care about it that much.

On 8.7.2019 at 8:49 AM, Arcesus7 said:

@Mori I would totally read your checklist, if you ever made one :D I think we have a pretty similar taste in games. Same question to you, though.. what is your hardest plat yet? (or 100%, if it is Trials..)

I appreciate that, but I have to dissapoint you. Though I consume almost all my media in english by now, I am terrible at writing (& talking) and it would take me too much time to maintain a checklist. 

SMB & Trials Fusion, because I wasnt sure from the beginning if I could complete those games. Every other game I've played so far, I had no doubt about getting the plat/100% eventually.

I would ask you the same, but since I've read your recent checklist post, I guess that would be a mundane question. :D 

Edited by Mori
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

I wouldn't be opposed to that...I'm just not sure I'm interesting enough for a full interview. Other than age/experience with older games...I'm pretty much just a regular guy so it may be a little boring lol Similar to what Cassy said as well, anything anyone wants to know they could just ask in my thread...maybe some day though.

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I spend a long time coming up with character names in RPGs. One of my mains in Skyrim was a cleric who liked to use a bow, but his accuracy was crap, so I named him Timmy Tebow. 1f602.png

(And before you tell me that it was *my* accuracy that was crap, I'm just stating his backstory. He got better.)

That's pretty funny lol I never injected humor into my character naming...it was far too important for my guy who was going to save the world to have a satirical name. Either I was going to be the hero, or someone with a cool name...like something from The Lord of the Rings or something. My best friend used to do something similar to you and I'd get mad at him lol He was more juvenile and would name his character Herpes or something...I'd tell him he can't send Herpes out to save the world and he'd always find it funny...in hindsight I can laugh at it...but at the time I felt like he was mocking the imaginary character he'd be playing as.

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I was kinda thinking we might shoot for my 200th platinum on Halloween night, but I don't know how realistic that is. That's 25 platinums in 16 weeks (and I'm going on vacation for one of those). End of the year is probably better. In either case, it's not like I'm in a rush. I'm just happy that I can knock off Tomb Raider: Anniversary now.

That'd be pretty ambitious...however you always seem to get ambitious around Halloween time. I seem to recall you getting burned out a couple of times around that Holiday. Considering some of the games you've mentioned wanting to play, that may be difficult...but why not try I guess :)

3 hours ago, Mori said:

btw. I looked up CJ syndrome, but I am not sure I found the right thing? Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease is the only thing google spits out and from what I've read its really dangerous and in most cases deadly.

I'm sorry but I got a good lol out of this ? CJ is a person in this forum who every several months changes his PSN name and replays the same games over and over. If you look back over Cassy's thread, you will see at least four and maybe even five different accounts. It's not as severe as Creutzfeld-Jakob disease...but it's close! ;) 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Briste said:

I'm sorry but I got a good lol out of this 1f602.png CJ is a person in this forum who every several months changes his PSN name and replays the same games over and over. If you look back over Cassy's thread, you will see at least four and maybe even five different accounts. It's not as severe as Creutzfeld-Jakob disease...but it's close! ;) 

Haha, thanks for the clarification. :D I think I know who you are talking about.

• Like 1

What an amazing collection of completed games, kudos to you sir. Also great taste in games, huge souls fan (the one reason I recently bought a PS4). I'm pretty new to trophy hunting after a switch from PC games and this is highly motivational. I also really like the way you wrote the little texts at the different game categories. Worth a buy is a great channel btw, I saw your post mentioning him and I really enjoy his reviews. 

• Like 1

The Witness is hard only if you want to make it hard. Many people recommend that you play through the game yourself (without consorting a guide) for the Challenge trophy.

If you want games that come down to skill, there is stuff like Super Meat Boy and Hollow Knight which will test platform veterans like myself who have played those type of games for many years. 

The shmup genre heavily falls down to skill, the better games like Jamestown+, Sine Mora and Ikaruga require much practice, skill and effort to overcome. 

Crypt of the Necrodancer is insanity. I wish @Arcesus7 the best for his time and efforts. I already decided I will NOT be going for that platinum. 

16 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Have you ever watched Worth A Buy on YouTube? You remind me a lot of him. He's a bit older than me and I don't share his love of first-person shooters (or hatred of console games), but he brings up a lot of good points when it comes to the state of the industry today. The dumbing down of AAA games is a big one. I guess I don't notice it as much because AAA games only make up a small percentage of the games I play, but I could easily see someone getting bored if all they played were these open world movies and looter shooters. No offense to those kinds of games, but they all look the same to me.

He’s closer to my sisters age and brother in laws age. Late 30s, early 40s, which is usually when I notice a lot of people start to stray away from gaming and find other hobbies like cooking. 

My problem is AAA games are becoming homogenized. Back in the PS2 era you had more of a variety of AAA titles. Platformers like Ratchet and Clank, and more sport centric titles like Tony Hawk’s Underground were considered AAA. 

If you wanted open world you would play GTA or Saints Row. If you wanted hack and slash you played God of War and Devil May Cry. If you wanted stealth you would play Metal Gear Solid 2 or Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell. More platforming and puzzles? Tomb Raider got that pat. 

Now a lot of these AAA games have basically merged to form into one main genre rather than a sub genre. God of War 2018 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, you can draw a lot of comparisons to both games. Most of all AAA games follow the same Hollywood melodrama style that made Game of Thrones famous and praised. 

Marvel’s Spider-Man and Days Gone draw on the same kind of mechanics and open world format. The main differences are the style, the setting and the protagonist. 

Ubisoft seems to think that bigger is most certainly better. And they’ve capitalized on that with Assassins Creed Odyssey. 

I know, a lot of games were formulaic back then when we were kids. But honestly, right now I just don’t see a lot I’m interested in. 

Dark Souls was more exciting and fun than any of the Ubisoft open world games I’ve played and some of the Sony exclusives, which speaks volumes for how well that game holds up. 

The only new/modern AAA game I’m interested in is Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Partly because it’s From Software, and partly because it takes place in an interesting time period (1500s era Feudal Japan).

Shame that Sucker Punch’s upcoming game, Ghosts of Tsushima, will be open world. 

Devil May Cry 5 looks tempting, but I haven’t touched that series in ages so I can’t really jump into that.

Resident Evil 2 looks quite alright. Capcom clearly did the reboot justice. 

I’m having more fun playing the older AAA games from last gen than I am playing today’s AAA games.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Mori said:

Yeah, you can use tweaks in Brutal mode, but I suffered through it without those.

I knew it. The whole time I was playing through Brutal, I was like, "There's no way in hell that people did this legit." There was one section where Nate gets his foot caught in some stairs and you have to pull off two consecutive split-second headshots AND get lucky in order to have any chance of surviving. I must've been on that part for over an hour. Some of those gunfights were even worse. I only used one glitch the whole time (the blue room in UC1), but those should easily be my rarest trophies. The screams of "NAAAAATE!" still haunt my dreams at night.

11 hours ago, Briste said:

That's pretty funny lol I never injected humor into my character naming...it was far too important for my guy who was going to save the world to have a satirical name. Either I was going to be the hero, or someone with a cool name...like something from The Lord of the Rings or something. My best friend used to do something similar to you and I'd get mad at him lol He was more juvenile and would name his character Herpes or something...I'd tell him he can't send Herpes out to save the world and he'd always find it funny...in hindsight I can laugh at it...but at the time I felt like he was mocking the imaginary character he'd be playing as.

Herpes. ?

I'd like to say I'm a little more mature than that, but I just played through 120 hours of Dragon Quest XI with a main character named Teriyaki, so I dunno. I think it just depends on the game. I can't take Skyrim seriously, and you saw what I was naming my characters in XCOM. But those wacky, made-up names are part of what makes those playthroughs so memorable to me.

8 hours ago, ZoutjeNL said:

What an amazing collection of completed games, kudos to you sir. Also great taste in games, huge souls fan (the one reason I recently bought a PS4). I'm pretty new to trophy hunting after a switch from PC games and this is highly motivational. I also really like the way you wrote the little texts at the different game categories. Worth a buy is a great channel btw, I saw your post mentioning him and I really enjoy his reviews. 

Thanks, and welcome to the forums! Yeah, probably a good idea you bought the PS4 for Dark Souls. WAB made it clear what he thought of the PC port of that. ?

You got a lot of catching up to do if you're just now getting around to console games. I have my list of favorites on the first post, but I see you're already tackling some of the more popular ones. Did you never play BioShock before? I platinumed the game on my old account, but I don't really care for the trophies (and they're even worse in the sequel).

Are you going for 100% completion? You seem like you're trying to focus on just one or two games at a time, which is how Briste and I started out. (Then Arkham City came along and pissed in our cereal.)

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Now a lot of these AAA games have basically merged to form into one main genre rather than a sub genre. God of War 2018 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider, you can draw a lot of comparisons to both games. Most of all AAA games follow the same Hollywood melodrama style that made Game of Thrones famous and praised.

That's kinda how I feel about modern TV too. It used to be that shows were short bits of entertainment that you could watch while your parents cooked dinner, while movies were these grand tales of adventure. Now, watching a TV show is like committing to a 60+ hour cinematic experience, while movies are disjointed stories told over many sequels and spin-offs. It's no wonder kids have trouble focusing today. I don't know how anybody is supposed to keep this stuff straight.

At the very least, I can officially say that I've put the Tomb Raider demon to rest. I can also confirm that you CAN play through each chapter individually on Hard to unlock the trophy for beating the entire game on Hard (if you were dumb like me and started a time trial in mid-game). I used them as practice runs for the time trials, but I suggest doing it right the first time. Or don't play this game at all. Yeah. Do that one.

Platinum #176 - Tomb Raider: Anniversary

1L370739.png

Fun fact: Lara Croft and I share a birthday.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 4

Congrats on Tomb Raider Anniversary, seems like a cool game, altough you said demon to rest so I am not sure how much you enjoyed it haha. 

I only just noticed your completion rate now, crazy high! Impressive. I actually completed the trilogy on PC, including the first one (bad port) I recently made the move to PS4 after completing over 100 difficult games on PC. I was a completionist on Steam, but achievements have lost their charm. People can now just rack up an insane amount of achievements which I frankly don't care about. I prefer to complete harder games/games I tend to enjoy. What I love about trophies are the platinums and the community seems really awesome (trophylists like these are a perfect example).

But as you can see I only recently moved to Playstation and have a very small collection so like you said I have many games to catch up! I read your favourites, a hat in time is currently on sale.. would you recommend it? I read that the Playstation version has some issue so I am not fully convinced just yet. 

And I will try to maintain 100% as I also aimed for that on pc (got 97% on PC), but your completion definitely will do. Before I start a game I look into the roadmap and see if its somewhat doable, I make sure no server has shut down that will eliminate me for completing the game. 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 5:11 PM, Cassylvania said:

That's kinda how I feel about modern TV too. It used to be that shows were short bits of entertainment that you could watch while your parents cooked dinner, while movies were these grand tales of adventure. Now, watching a TV show is like committing to a 60+ hour cinematic experience, while movies are disjointed stories told over many sequels and spin-offs. It's no wonder kids have trouble focusing today. I don't know how anybody is supposed to keep this stuff straight.

At the very least, I can officially say that I've put the Tomb Raider demon to rest. I can also confirm that you CAN play through each chapter individually on Hard to unlock the trophy for beating the entire game on Hard (if you were dumb like me and started a time trial in mid-game). I used them as practice runs for the time trials, but I suggest doing it right the first time. Or don't play this game at all. Yeah. Do that one.

Yeah I know.

Aladdin (1992) is one of my favorite Disney animated movies ever. Terrific animation, good acting, good songs to sing along to, and a great sense of humor throughout.

I watched the Aladdin cartoon show which came out two years later. Even back then as a kid, I knew the cartoon wasn't anywhere near as good as the movie. But that was it, it was a short 30 minute bit of entertainment that you occupied yourself with while you were waiting for your parents to take you out to the swimming pool. At least that's how it was for me.

Don't even think that Will Smith is anything near as good or charming as Robin Williams was in the animated movie. Will Smith is some things but his role cannot hold a candle to Robin Williams role as the Genie. The new live action movie just looks so.... wrong.

I blame smartphones to be honest. At least when I was in high school we had to go to an actual PC if we wanted to chat on MySpace. Flip phones just couldn't do what smartphones can today.

Now you have an entertainment device 24/7, doing everything from watching porn on Pornhub to seeing some wannabe model try to pose for the camera on Instagram. That's why kids are having trouble focusing, they're given smartphones at the tender age of 4 - 6 years old. Pretty sad really.

----

I recently cancelled my subscription of GameFly because I've been more busy and I can't afford to rent games at the moment. If and when I do resubcribe to them, Tomb Raider Anniversary will likely be one of the first things I'll rent. I played the games back on the PlayStation 2 so I sort of know what to expect, but it's been a long time since I touched any Tomb Raider game so I'll have to get adjusted to the games again.

If you need some tips on Batman: Arkham City there is a good YouTube channel that gives you a step by step guide on how to do the predator challenges. I find that watching videos is a lot more convenient than trying to figure that shit out on your own because it's a royal pain in the ass. At least in Batman: Arkham Asylum it was fun to do the predator challenges on your own. Here in Arkham City it's just a chore, because having to do them FOUR times with Batman, Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing is ridiculous. You only get six bronze trophies for doing the challenges with three of the four characters anyway, so meh.

Looks like you're still having trouble with that one trophy in Cities: Skylines.

Edited by Spaz

20 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Yeah I know.

Aladdin (1992) is one of my favorite Disney animated movies ever. Terrific animation, good acting, good songs to sing along to, and a great sense of humor throughout.

I watched the Aladdin cartoon show which came out two years later. Even back then as a kid, I knew the cartoon wasn't anywhere near as good as the movie. But that was it, it was a short 30 minute bit of entertainment that you occupied yourself with while you were waiting for your parents to take you out to the swimming pool. At least that's how it was for me.

Don't even think that Will Smith is anything near as good or charming as Robin Williams was in the animated movie. Will Smith is some things but his role cannot hold a candle to Robin Williams role as the Genie. The new live action movie just looks so.... wrong.

I blame smartphones to be honest. At least when I was in high school we had to go to an actual PC if we wanted to chat on MySpace. Flip phones just couldn't do what smartphones can today.

Now you have an entertainment device 24/7, doing everything from watching porn on Pornhub to seeing some wannabe model try to pose for the camera on Instagram. That's why kids are having trouble focusing, they're given smartphones at the tender age of 4 - 6 years old. Pretty sad really.

Smart phones= Will Smith and the Aladdin reboot being bad? Are you a real person? 

• Like 1