Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

On 8/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, Rally-Vincent--- said:

The last atelier games I played were on the PS2. Atelier Iris Games... if I remember correctly, I stopped playing them because they became repetitive. How are Atelier games nowadays?

I've only played the Arland games, so I don't know anything about the four hundred spin-offs to come out since, but I actually really like them (for reasons I can't quite explain). They're an odd mixture of stressful and relaxing. The version I'm playing is Rorona DX, which I guess is a port of Rorona Plus, which is an enhanced version of the original game for the PS3. The trophies and requirements are all the same from what I can tell, but they actually made several changes that make things much easier. For example, there's an icon that appears on the fast travel screen whenever an event is ready to be triggered. Friend requests are given out by Esty instead of individual NPCs, so you don't have to waste time doing laps around town. There's an on-screen quest tracker that I don't remember seeing before. Oh, and you can apparently get all the endings in one playthrough. In theory, you could do that before, but it required very careful manipulation of save files and character actions towards the end of the game. I'm a little confused on how you're supposed to get some of the endings, but I'm just going to trust I've done everything right so far. (Yes, I'm following a guide. That's a necessity for these games.)

As for the gameplay... Yeah, it's fun juggling stuff. It's a bit like The Sims, where you always have something to do or work on, and you're constantly trying to budget your money and time in the most efficient way possible. You need to fulfill quests to increase your popularity, but you need to gather ingredients to complete those quests, but you need to level up in order to take on the monsters in those areas. Doing alchemy or traveling costs days, and you only have a limited amount of days per assignment, so it helps to plan ahead. For example, I know Tiffani's store restocks on the 1st, 11th, and 21st of each month, so I try to arrange to see her at least once every ten days so I can buy out her wares. I'm not sure when Etsy's quests refresh. I should really look that up.

Would I recommend the series? I don't know. The games are very niche, for lack of a better word. You gotta love time management and Japanese weirdness. I don't find them boring or repetitive, but they're a far cry from the usual JRPG.

Unfortunately, the game has an ID that ends in 1, not 6, which is bad because it means I'm still going to be a game short...but good because it means I can replace Lara, since I'm not sure I want to do that second playthrough now or any time soon.

To combat this extreme level of cuteness, I've taken to watching a bunch of old Clint Eastwood movies. So far, I've seen Pale Rider (which is one of my favorites), Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Gauntlet, and Space Cowboys. The only one I wouldn't recommend is The Gauntlet because holy shit, that ending was stupid. I could FEEL my rating plummet. Dirty Harry is a classic (watching it now makes you realize how much Hollywood has changed), and Space Cowboys is good if you like movies about old people being old. But oh man, Pale Rider. That look on John Russell's face when he hears the Preacher knows his name. Literal pants wetting.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

On 8/21/2019 at 1:06 PM, Cassylvania said:

To combat this extreme level of cuteness, I've taken to watching a bunch of old Clint Eastwood movies. So far, I've seen Pale Rider (which is one of my favorites), Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Gauntlet, and Space Cowboys. The only one I wouldn't recommend is The Gauntlet because holy shit, that ending was stupid. I could FEEL my rating plummet. Dirty Harry is a classic (watching it now makes you realize how much Hollywood has changed), and Space Cowboys is good if you like movies about old people being old. But oh man, Pale Rider. That look on John Russell's face when he hears the Preacher knows his name. Literal pants wetting.

I haven't seen a ton of his Dirty Harry style movies. I've seen the classics Unforgiven and The Outlaw Jose Wales, but most of the Eastwood movies I've seen are since he became an old man. I feel like those are some I'll need to sit down and watch soon, however I often get caught in the mode of watching things I've already seen so that I can tune them out, watch them over multiple sittings or multitask better without having missed anything. Occasionally, I get into new stuff moods and sit and focus on those....but in the past couple of weeks I've watched White Men Can't Jump, Dumb and Dumber, The Last Boy Scout (criminally under rated Bruce Willis movie), Rush Hour, The Boondock Saints, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse, Spaceballs, Batman vs Superman extended cut and the Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy...all movies I've seen several times. 

I finished my draft the other night and I'm ok with it. I got JuJu and Gurley with my first couple of picks and I did end up Mayfield in the 9th round...I don't love my TE situation, but you can't come out with an All-Star team I suppose. Theilen looked in mid-season form with his catch last night. I'm just happy that NE got out relatively unscathed from last night. Did you see that the Packers and Raiders had to play on an 80 yard field due to how poor the field conditions were. I'm getting amped up!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Briste said:

The Last Boy Scout (criminally under rated Bruce Willis movie),

That is one of my all-time favorite movies. It's great stuff, simple action and hilarious banter. And its one of the few movies I prefer dubbed over the original english track, because Bruce Willis' German voice is really good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Briste said:

I haven't seen a ton of his Dirty Harry style movies. I've seen the classics Unforgiven and The Outlaw Jose Wales, but most of the Eastwood movies I've seen are since he became an old man. I feel like those are some I'll need to sit down and watch soon, however I often get caught in the mode of watching things I've already seen so that I can tune them out, watch them over multiple sittings or multitask better without having missed anything. Occasionally, I get into new stuff moods and sit and focus on those....but in the past couple of weeks I've watched White Men Can't Jump, Dumb and Dumber, The Last Boy Scout (criminally under rated Bruce Willis movie), Rush Hour, The Boondock Saints, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse, Spaceballs, Batman vs Superman extended cut and the Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy...all movies I've seen several times.

Ah Rush Hour. I absolutely loved Jackie Chan growing up, I looked up to him and considered him an idol. That was probably his first real venture into Hollywood because before a lot of his films were originally spoken in Chinese. Jackie Chan did a lot of the dubbing himself for his lines. Rumble in the Bronx is definitely my favorite Jackie Chan film, probably seen it at least 10 - 20 times and it's still great.

Spaceballs was great. I love 80s and 90s comedy.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:43 PM, Spaz said:

Spaceballs was great. I love 80s and 90s comedy.

I remember that movie. It was a ridiculous spoof of Star Wars with other films thrown in for good measure. The one part about the singing dancing alien who acted like the frog from that Looney Tunes short was frikkin' hilarious! xD

Anyways, since Cassy mentioned the Sims, I state that I might look into buying Sims 4 for the PS4 and trying to plat it. I can't cheat like I do the Sims 4 on PC but since the trait cheats don't disable trophies, I might work it out. I tried a file on my PC where I managed to get most of said achievements, even Triple Play (and I wasn't really trying - I cheated up normally because I didn't care, as it was the PC version I was playing - I was trying to get Alphabet Legacy w/o adoption and gave up at Generation V as I was getting bored of waiting for the pregnancies to end) so it might be doable even if the platinum is ultra rare. :P

Just need to kill 999 more elephants. Ugh. Never again. :(

Dammit, I forgot our anniversary again! OK. Next year, I swear, we'll do something special on August 17.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:54 AM, Briste said:

I finished my draft the other night and I'm ok with it. I got JuJu and Gurley with my first couple of picks and I did end up Mayfield in the 9th round...I don't love my TE situation, but you can't come out with an All-Star team I suppose. Theilen looked in mid-season form with his catch last night. I'm just happy that NE got out relatively unscathed from last night. Did you see that the Packers and Raiders had to play on an 80 yard field due to how poor the field conditions were. I'm getting amped up!

I had to do a double take on Cousins' numbers this week. 3/13 completions? That's horrendous. I don't care if they're 3-0 in preseason.

Can't believe Luck is retiring at 29 years old. People were saying he was going to be the new Tom Brady, and I actually bought in to the hype. Now, he's gone and Brady is still playing an elite level. (Also, that's disgusting that Colts fans were booing Luck in the middle of a game. Talk about an entitled fan base.)

1 hour ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

Anyways, since Cassy mentioned the Sims, I state that I might look into buying Sims 4 for the PS4 and trying to plat it. I can't cheat like I do the Sims 4 on PC but since the trait cheats don't disable trophies, I might work it out. I tried a file on my PC where I managed to get most of said achievements, even Triple Play (and I wasn't really trying - I cheated up normally because I didn't care, as it was the PC version I was playing - I was trying to get Alphabet Legacy w/o adoption and gave up at Generation V as I was getting bored of waiting for the pregnancies to end) so it might be doable even if the platinum is ultra rare. :P

Eh... I'd stick to the PC version. There are too many performance issues on PS4, and Triple Play is a terrible trophy.

I really hope Sims 5 (whenever it comes out) is more console-friendly.

Alright. Rorona update.

So, I was very methodical through my first nine assignments...and then I turned into an asshole and thought I could sleep through most of 10 and 11. That left me very little time at the end of the game to make all the pies, get to level 50, kill all the bosses, and finish up my friend requests. Fortunately, with a little save file manipulation (*cough* 35 save files over 3 years *cough*), I was able to unlock all of the endings. All but one. Yes, that's right -- a second playthrough is required.

Not super happy about that, but I don't really see a way to earn 1,000,000 cole in NG. Finishing NG unlocks Overtime Mode, which supposedly has an easy way to make money, and then all that money can be carried over to NG+. Plus, there are a bunch of new trophies that you can only get in Overtime, so it's not like I could avoid it anyway. I think we'll play through it today, do a quick speedrun through NG+ tomorrow, and we'll have that sweet, sweet Rorona plat in no time.

Let's all point and laugh at Meredith, who actually thought he could shut down my atelier.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Eh... I'd stick to the PC version. There are too many performance issues on PS4, and Triple Play is a terrible trophy.

I really hope Sims 5 (whenever it comes out) is more console-friendly.

You're right. Evoland Legendary Edition is so much cooler. I just got all of the Evoland trophies and will start Evoland 2 soon. I might just make this my 50th platinum instead of Adventures of Mana. Still too many elephants. :( With Realm of Magic coming out next month, I think a lot of people are going to have more to worry about with performance issues anyways, what with two new areas. :P

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Can't believe Luck is retiring at 29 years old. People were saying he was going to be the new Tom Brady, and I actually bought in to the hype. Now, he's gone and Brady is still playing an elite level. (Also, that's disgusting that Colts fans were booing Luck in the middle of a game. Talk about an entitled fan base.)

Yeah I was pretty shocked at the initial news...however I didn't realize that he wasn't going to start the season due to injury. I had heard he hurt his calf, but I didn't think it was supposed to be serious. Seems like Luck's body just doesn't heal right or needs a very long time. I can't imagine the mental and emotional toll it takes on you when you finally get healthy to keep getting these kinds of setbacks, work your ass off to get better and not see any results. It's kind of shitty that he did it this close to the start of the season...but if you're not into it, you're not into it. I think it's nice/surprising that the Colts are letting him keep his signing bonus without trying to get anything back and I hope Brissett does well...he seems like a good dude.

While it sucks that they boo'd the shit out of him considering how hard of a decision it must have been...I can kind of understand their frustration considering the timing when they found out. They had a lot of excitement about their teams hopes going into the season and now they feel like their season is over before it starts. I mean the same thing happens when a star player gets injured in the preseason, but I don't think ESPN did him any favors by breaking the news when they did. He was apparently going to break the news on Sunday. I always liked Luck, so I'm sad for him that he had to end his career this way.

• Like 1

Well, I thought I'd be able to steamroll Overtime Mode, considering how easy the rest of the game has been, but Rorona put me right back in my place. Those post-game bosses are tough. Managed to down one of them before I went to bed last night, but the other two are supposedly harder. I can't even kill the mini-boss on the way to the next boss. The bimbo heals herself for more damage than I can do. I think I'll need to make a better Elixir, and probably upgrade my armor...

That's okay, though. I didn't realize the Atelier Dusk series was PS3/VIta only. That means I'll probably be okay doing Rorona, Totori, and Meruru, before jumping ahead to Lulua (which is a sequel of the Arland series, I guess). I'd be skipping both the Dusk and Mysterious trilogies (and whatever the heck Nelke is), but at least I'll feel "caught up" before Ryza drops in October. And if you think I'm crazy for wanting to platinum five Atelier games this year, you're probably right.

At least Totori is easier.

5 hours ago, Briste said:

Yeah I was pretty shocked at the initial news...however I didn't realize that he wasn't going to start the season due to injury. I had heard he hurt his calf, but I didn't think it was supposed to be serious. Seems like Luck's body just doesn't heal right or needs a very long time. I can't imagine the mental and emotional toll it takes on you when you finally get healthy to keep getting these kinds of setbacks, work your ass off to get better and not see any results. It's kind of shitty that he did it this close to the start of the season...but if you're not into it, you're not into it. I think it's nice/surprising that the Colts are letting him keep his signing bonus without trying to get anything back and I hope Brissett does well...he seems like a good dude.

While it sucks that they boo'd the shit out of him considering how hard of a decision it must have been...I can kind of understand their frustration considering the timing when they found out. They had a lot of excitement about their teams hopes going into the season and now they feel like their season is over before it starts. I mean the same thing happens when a star player gets injured in the preseason, but I don't think ESPN did him any favors by breaking the news when they did. He was apparently going to break the news on Sunday. I always liked Luck, so I'm sad for him that he had to end his career this way.

Yeah, it's kinda disrespectful to abandon your team right before the season begins, but I'm going to assume he didn't go into preseason with the notion that he wouldn't be starting. I just tend to roll my eyes at Colts and Packers fans who boo their own players, when those two franchises have been blessed with back-to-back franchise QBs for 20+ years. I'd settle for one.

Speaking of Packers... Clay Matthews in a Rams jersey? Wow, I really have been living under a rock. Going to be weird not calling him Thor or Barbie (depending on how badly we're losing) during those heated Vikings games. Guess I'll have to scream about somebody else.

One preseason game to go. I'd drive up to Buffalo to watch the Vikings, but I gotta work Friday.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried Evoland Legendary Edition? It has Evoland and Evoland 2 and while Evoland 2 crashed a few times, it was still a fun game despite the card collecting quest and some of the gameplay changes you had to deal with. It was an RPG with a ton of genres implemented into it. Cassy, have you ever tried it? They have a guide for the puzzles if you want to try it. Might download it for the Switch to take pics for a guide to the stars and cards if anyone needs it. Yes, the Steam Community site has guides for those but now that Epic Game Store is stealing Steam's profits by making games exclusive to them, it won't be long before Steam goes out of business so someone has to put a guide to collectibles up here. :)

Probably going to work some more on Kingdom Hearts 3 for the weekend while locked in my parent's house taking care of dogs. My sister has this obsession with climbing mountains and someone has to watch over her baby daughter, and I don't do diapers, so I am watching her dogs. Again. I do love Dragon Quest Builders 2 but there has to be a limit. I've almost gotten 100% in everything on my Switch version. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

Has anyone tried Evoland Legendary Edition? It has Evoland and Evoland 2 and while Evoland 2 crashed a few times, it was still a fun game despite the card collecting quest and some of the gameplay changes you had to deal with. It was an RPG with a ton of genres implemented into it. Cassy, have you ever tried it? They have a guide for the puzzles if you want to try it. Might download it for the Switch to take pics for a guide to the stars and cards if anyone needs it. Yes, the Steam Community site has guides for those but now that Epic Game Store is stealing Steam's profits by making games exclusive to them, it won't be long before Steam goes out of business so someone has to put a guide to collectibles up here. :)

Looks pretty cool. This is my first time hearing of it, but yeah, that's something I'd probably play if I saw it on sale. I like how the graphics change as you advance further into the game. That's something I really haven't seen implemented before.

Anyway, quick update on yesterday's big achievement.

Platinum #181 - Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland DX

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/175637/trophies/1L03d8cc.png

I ended up having to play this game three times because apparently your town popularity DOES matter for the Rich Ending. (Fortunately, both NG+ playthroughs only took a few hours. I still think that's faster than trying to get 1,000,000 cole in NG.) I like this kind of game, but it's obviously not for everybody. If you are interested, I'd say start with Totori. It's the only game on this account (outside of the Souls series) that I've platinumed multiple times. Rorona is good, but you really have to...appreciate Japanese culture. Yes, that's a good way of putting it.

Do we want artwork? Yeah, we want artwork.

Image result for rorona barrel

What?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Looks pretty cool. This is my first time hearing of it, but yeah, that's something I'd probably play if I saw it on sal

It's only $19.99! You can spare $20. xD

Anyways, congrats on another plat. I really thought about doing the Atelier series. I can handle the alchemy but the whole getting multiple endings thing never jelled with me. :S

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Image result for rorona barrel

Now we know where Ashton Anchors (Star Ocean 2) got his obsession. xD

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

6 hours ago, RuneEyesDragon said:

Anyways, congrats on another plat. I really thought about doing the Atelier series. I can handle the alchemy but the whole getting multiple endings thing never jelled with me. :S

It's unfortunate because that's the one thing that forces you to use a guide. But honestly, it's one of the better designed games to play with a guide, because all the core mechanics are still there. No matter how closely you follow the guide, you're still going to have to make do with the random items and traits you end up with. That actually makes it a lot like Invisible, Inc., where the guide only serves as a blueprint, and it's up to you to figure out how to use your knowledge of the game, its mechanics, and the upcoming events to best spend your time and resources. The endings are a bit frustrating, but they made them easier in the Plus/DX version. (Basically, you can "choose" your own ending, so long as you've met all of its requirements. In the original game, you had to very carefully avoid triggering certain events until late in the game, or you'd be locked out of certain endings.)

I still don't know if I'd recommend the series to most people...but I think you'd like them. They're bright, light-hearted, and always put me in a good mood. The character art is great. The models could use some work, and I have issues with some of the English voices, but Rorona is so adorkable that you gotta love her. (Honestly, they all are.)

I'm working my way through Totori now. I forgot how many improvements they made to this game. What's nice is that I can get the platinum in one playthrough, if I don't screw around too much. I remember the Spring Cup trick being a bit of a bore, but I still have ten more Eastwood movies to get through. I watched J. Edgar last night (yeah, I guess a lot of these movies are just ones he directed), and...um, it was awful. So was Mystic River. I mean, I heard the book was good, but both of those movies were on a snail's pace to nowhere. I'm following them up with Trouble with the Curve -- a movie I know does NOT suck.

We got Batman again this weekend. We also had a bat in the house the other night. I'm not sure how they're getting in, but they need to stop. I'm afraid to take a shower in the dark now.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2019 at 11:19 AM, Inuty said:

Out of curiousity .. why are you showering in the dark?:hmm:

I hate bright lights in the morning. ?

I find it easier on the eyes to just use the plug-in nightlight in the bathroom. The one I use actually gives off a good amount of light, but...yeah, it's a me thing. It's not like I don't know where all my parts are.

On 8/29/2019 at 11:23 AM, Johnathan994 said:

Your plat checklist makes me want to make my own :D 

I see you did! Good luck with yours. You have some really good games on your account. I hope the checklist gives you a little structure to your trophy hunting, as mine did for me.

As for me, it's been a Totori-ly (get it?) long week. I'm up to the annoying part where I have to abuse the Spring Cup trick to get money, because somebody thought it was a good idea to require players to obtain an obscenely large amount of money in order to get one of the endings. I guess I should just be thankful it's 500k this time, and not one million.

Game 6 continues to evade me. I thought maybe the August Sale or Flash Sale would have something, but I swear every game on those lists has an ID ending in 8. I checked. (Might grab Fell Seal due to the earlier recommendation, but it's not like I have a shortage of games to play.)

Unfortunately, I don't have time for something like Wizard of Legend or Flinthook.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Game 6 continues to evade me. I thought maybe the August Sale or Flash Sale would have something, but I swear every game on those lists has an ID ending in 8. I checked. (Might grab Fell Seal due to the earlier recommendation, but it's not like I have a shortage of games to play.)

Unfortunately, I don't have time for something like Wizard of Legend or Flinthook.

How much time is left in the event? Fell Seal requires a bit of grinding, not too bad on its own, but if you have other games to grind...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

How much time is left in the event? Fell Seal requires a bit of grinding, not too bad on its own, but if you have other games to grind...

Two weeks, but Fell Seal isn't a 6. I just think it looks fun. To complicate things, though, I think it'd be cool to have Rorona, Totori, and Meruru be back-to-back-to-back platinums. I really haven't done that for any of the trilogies on my account. But that would mean finishing Meruru AND another game during this event. And, well, Totori too, but...

Platinum #182 - Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland DX

1L9d7063.png

Would you believe this is the game I've platinumed the most, if you take all my accounts into consideration? I believe it's at three now (tied with Demon's Souls and the original Dark Souls). It's a step up from Rorona in almost every way, except for the alchemy system, which I found less intuitive this time around. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I couldn't find a way to back-synthesize (that is, if I was trying to craft something that required another component first, I had to actually back out of the menu and find that component manually instead of being able to select it right away). But you mostly play these games for the characters, and I love this entire cast. Especially Peter, who is probably the most openly perverted character I've ever seen in a video game. ?

Again, I hesitate to recommend the series because I know it's not for everyone, but I think this is the game to start with if you're even a little interested. It's also significantly easier (and shorter) than Rorona, which requires careful monitoring of flags, and Meruru, which requires a full NG+ playthrough. In fact, from what I've read, Meruru is significantly harder in the Plus/DX versions. That's why I'm a little apprehensive about giving myself a two week time limit to beat it. But I wouldn't be me if I wasn't going up against nearly impossible challenges, now would I?

Sorry, all fan art is NSFW.

atelier totori, sky, portrait, front view, looking at camera, HD wallpaper

• Like 3

Would you believe this is the game I've platinumed the most, if you take all my accounts into consideration? I believe it's at three now (tied with Demon's Souls and the original Dark Souls).

xD I can top you that. I've platinumed Eventide: Slavic Fable games six times over all of my accounts! But that's EZPZ, platinuming a very grindy complex RPG like an Atelier title more than once is amazing in its own right. ;)

Sorry, all fan art is NSFW.

atelier totori, sky, portrait, front view, looking at camera, HD wallpaper

I don't see it, unless you're directing us to the giant white robot who slightly looks like a naked giant and his crotch. The girl glomping the guy isn't NSFW, it's typical anime shoujo fare and has nothing to do with sexuality at all, ask any Japanese kid who watches this stuff as their Saturday morning cartoons. xD:D

Especially Peter, who is probably the most openly perverted character I've ever seen in a video game.

As I said, it's typical Japanese anime fare. Not offending the Japanese, mind you, I'm sure they find some of the stuff I do a bit offensive to their tastes. :P

• Like 1

Hey man I just wanted to say that the formatting on your OP is immaculate. So much so that I stole the idea for my own trophy cabinet, lol. You have a really damn impressive catalogue. It was funny going through your opinions on games like Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life since I had the same frustrations with trying to get the cutscenes to trigger. Quite glad you enjoyed A Hat in Time and Pyre though! Cheers - and hope you keep it up!

• Like 3

On 9/2/2019 at 9:51 AM, RuneEyesDragon said:

I don't see it, unless you're directing us to the giant white robot who slightly looks like a naked giant and his crotch. The girl glomping the guy isn't NSFW, it's typical anime shoujo fare and has nothing to do with sexuality at all, ask any Japanese kid who watches this stuff as their Saturday morning cartoons. xD:D

Well, I meant I was going to go with official art, instead of fan art. But then again, they didn't really hold back with the tentacle scene...

36 minutes ago, realm722 said:

Hey man I just wanted to say that the formatting on your OP is immaculate. So much so that I stole the idea for my own trophy cabinet, lol. You have a really damn impressive catalogue. It was funny going through your opinions on games like Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life since I had the same frustrations with trying to get the cutscenes to trigger. Quite glad you enjoyed A Hat in Time and Pyre though! Cheers - and hope you keep it up!

Hey, thanks! The formatting of the OP has gone over a lot of revisions over the years. I originally tried organizing my games alphabetically, then by date, then by tier (favorite, least favorite, etc.), but I think genre is the most meaningful and aesthetically pleasing. It just feels weird putting a series like Atelier in the same category as XCOM. ?

You actually went a step further than me by having all the game images link to the corresponding post, which I...tried and realized I would never be able to keep up with.

A couple of additions I want to make in the near future are: (1) a banner for the top of the page (yeah, I know I've been saying this for a while), and (2) a link or something to my video game-related artwork. I was actually working on an XCOM drawing while I was doing one of those playthroughs earlier this year, but I never finished it. And...well, I know I mentioned this before, but for those who haven't been reading this topic religiously, I used to do a drawing for every single game I platinumed. It was on my old account, but the idea is that I'd always try to put in a little joke about the game, and then include the number of the platinum somewhere in the drawing (either as a central part of the picture, or hidden somewhere in the background). It was kinda fun, but that's back when I had more free time and 20+ platinums was a lot. I don't think I could complete 182 drawings now, even if my life depended on it.

Maybe we'll request one of the site's graphics artists to make something cool for a banner. What do you think it should include?

Anyway, I just finished my first playthrough of Meruru. Apparently if you slack too much, she doesn't have the energy to do anything with her life, so she just stays in bed all day every day, which actually sounds like the best ending to any game ever. Not sure why she's making me play through the game again.

As it turns out, though, I WASN'T slacking off, because I made the best possible gear for the three main characters, which DOES carry over, and we are absolutely wrecking everything. I'm on pace to maybe even finish this game by the end of the weekend, which...yeah, let's be honest, won't happen because of football.

Packers/Bears tomorrow night. Couldn't think of two teams I'd rather see lose. ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Packers/Bears tomorrow night. Couldn't think of two teams I'd rather see lose. 1f601.png

Hate to break it to ya, but if they are playing against each other, one of those teams is gonna win. That's how any game works. :P

I really do like your artwork. I wanted to do some artwork for my own lists, but I am not confident in my art ability. :(

Good luck on Mereru!

• Like 1