Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Looks pretty scary. I could get Outlast Trinity, which has Outlast, the Whistleblower DLC, and Outlast 2. That MIGHT be a little too much, even for me, but it's certainly worth considering.

I think for sure we'll do The Walking Dead: Season Two and The Escapists: The Walking Dead, as I already own those. I also own Resident Evil, but I've never played any of the games in that series. Is it good to start with that one, or is there a newer one that might be better?

My first resident evil game was 5 because it was coop and my little brother and I played it together back on the ps3. Afterwards we played the first and then 4 taking turns on deaths and we both found 5 to be the most fun just due to the coop, but number 4 was a blast to play as well. I have the outlast pack on disc and have only played the first. It was awesome but god damn is that no death run going to be a challenge, I guess I'm waiting for October to play it again.

• Like 1

Thanks for your comments, guys. I have played Alien: Isolation and enjoyed it a lot, even though that first playthrough really stressed me out.

I'm thinking I will try one of these Resident Evil games, but only one for now, as I'd like to get a variety of games on this list. I already own the first one, but I may have RE4 as well. I'll have to check. RE5 sounds tempting, as I love co-op, but I'm not sure it's something my sister would want to play. I've also heard RE7 is good.

Looking at upcoming releases, I see there's an Inside/Limbo double pack coming out in a few weeks, so that's another possibility. I'd also like to play through that Telltale Batman game, but I'm not sure that fits the theme.

Lots of things to consider!

• Like 2

Oh, by the way, I finished another six (!) paths in Stories tonight, so I'm halfway there.

Rocky, I think your flow chart has a couple of errors. I could be wrong on this because it's hard to keep track of all of the storylines, but I think you need to swap the options for kill/spare Zenobia. If you spare her, you have the option to throw the gem (Story #2), and if you kill her, you have the option to listen to the voices (Story #13). These are backwards on your chart.

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Oh, by the way, I finished another six (!) paths in Stories tonight, so I'm halfway there.

Rocky, I think your flow chart has a couple of errors. I could be wrong on this because it's hard to keep track of all of the storylines, but I think you need to swap the options for kill/spare Zenobia. If you spare her, you have the option to throw the gem (Story #2), and if you kill her, you have the option to listen to the voices (Story #13). These are backwards on your chart.

Really? I had them written down meticulously when I had all the endings done. Plus, nobody ever reported any problems with it since its' release (about a year ago).

7 hours ago, RockyJokerPL said:

Really? I had them written down meticulously when I had all the endings done. Plus, nobody ever reported any problems with it since its' release (about a year ago).

Yes, unless I'm reading this wrong. "Throw the gem" and "Listen to the voices" should be swapped. The other choices are fine because they're the same for both paths ("Meet the council"), which may have been where you got confused.

Stories_The_Path_of_Destinies_2017082319

Alright, today's update! Let's see...

1. I see Darkest Dungeon isn't finished with me yet. I have no idea what this "Crimson Court" is, but apparently I'll be playing through it for five more trophies. They're all boss-related, so I'm sure this won't totally make me rethink my life choices.
  2. Three more storylines finished in Stories. It would've been four, but I accidentally did the same one twice. That book is very confusing!
  3. I have decided on six games for the Fall 2017 Backlog Challenge: The Walking Dead: Season Two, Batman: The Telltale Series, The Escapists: The Walking Dead (that's only three, for those of you who think these colons are ridiculous), Inside, Limbo, and some Resident Evil game, which will mostly depend on my upcoming financial situation and/or my ability to find someone to play co-op with me. We still need seven more entries, so let's try to come up with one per day for the next week.

I think that's it. I got a nice suntan today.

OK, now that's it!

22 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Yes, unless I'm reading this wrong. "Throw the gem" and "Listen to the voices" should be swapped. The other choices are fine because they're the same for both paths ("Meet the council"), which may have been where you got confused.

Stories_The_Path_of_Destinies_2017082319

I am not going to argue because:

1. You may just be right and I might have made a mistake. It was a year ago and I don't remember it so well, but I will stick to the fact that you, sir, are the first to find an error in my table (better bring it to a carpenter *giggles*). So far my table must have been correct. 

2. Nevertheless, I am not going to correct it because:

1.1 I don't have game saves and I am not going to play through it once more. 

1.2 I am not going to make a table again (although it's easy-peasy and fast as weasy [weasel would not rhyme] ) because I am lazy enough not to launch GIMP and make a few lines in 5 minutes.

I have been thinking you know, about this Fall Backlog Challenge Thingy, you could add in there Layers of Fear, Claire (which is said to be a decent 2D survival horror game) or The Evil Within. 

Good luck with this Darkest Dungeon DLC. Don't think I want something bad for you to happen or give you suicidal ideas but... HANG in there fella ;)

• Like 2

@RockyJokerPL Oh, no problem! I commend you for even trying to make a chart out of this game. It's been very useful in keeping the storyline straight. I just wish the images in the book were a little more clear about the choices I make.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to look into Layers of Fear and Claire, since I'm not familiar with them, but I'll add The Evil Within to my list. We could use another action game in the mix. I've also added Life is Strange: Before the Storm because, well, you know I'm going to be playing that the day it comes out anyway. And don't tell me it's not spooky-themed because the game image is totally a skull with a crown on its head (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6501-life-is-strange-before-the-storm). 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

@RockyJokerPL Oh, no problem! I commend you for even trying to make a chart out of this game. It's been very useful in keeping the storyline straight. I just wish the images in the book were a little more clear about the choices I make.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to look into Layers of Fear and Claire, since I'm not familiar with them, but I'll add The Evil Within to my list. We could use another action game in the mix. I've also added Life is Strange: Before the Storm because, well, you know I'm going to be playing that the day it comes out anyway. And don't tell me it's not spooky-themed because the game image is totally a skull with a crown on its head (https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6501-life-is-strange-before-the-storm). 

You realize you cannot finish Life Is Strange: Before The Storm the day it comes out, right? It's only first episode. The rest will come out later. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RockyJokerPL said:

You realize you cannot finish Life Is Strange: Before The Storm the day it comes out, right? It's only first episode. The rest will come out later. 

Well, that won't do at all. I guess I could still begin it, but the event does say I need to try for 100% by November 30.

...Hm. It's okay. We had too many story-based games anyway.

• Like 1

@AydenBonnette has a good idea with Outlast. Thus, this is what I suggest as well.  You should get Outlast Trinity. Although, add only Outlast to the list and leave the sequel for now. 

I am a huge Outlast fan but doing these two plus The Evil Within and 10 other games is too many. 

I have Outlast done 100% and I can now say it put up quite a fight but I did complete Insane run on my 6th go (died stupidly a couple of times, once near the end). But Outlast 2 is no joke. Unless you are following a detailed guide (which I am obviously not gonna do) you will have a hard time finishing it on Insane and changing battery only once (what that means is you need to complete the game without dying once and changing battery in a camera which is basically your vision in dark areas).

What about this new game Observer_ from the creators of Layers of Fear? Could be a nice addition unless you detest walking simulators (it's more Amnesia-alley actually, Layers of Fear is a walking sim).

Did I mention Amnesia? Buy Amnesia Trilogy and you already have three more titles to add to the list. 

Need more help? You know whom to speak to ;)

@RVMcypress_grave Yeah, I noticed that too. Funny there's not a single Castlevania game on the list.

BTW Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 sucks imo :D

• Like 1

Believe it or not, I've never played a Castlevania game before. I want to play one, but I don't have a PS3. I think there's like one or two on the PS store that I could download, but I was hoping they'd come out with a new one or a remastered version for the PS4. (I really want that Slaughtervania trophy from Harmony of Despair as a milestone, but we'll see.)

Thanks for the additional ideas, Rocky. I'll check out some reviews. You're right about the time commitment issue. The Evil Within looks like a fairly long game, and I imagine whatever RE I decide on will be too. Let's get a few more short ones in here.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

Nightly update!

1. Decided not to boost the remaining three trophies in Minecraft. Each one of them was more frustrating than the one before. Love the game, but hate those trophies. At least I'm back to 100%.
  2. Annnd there goes another game to take its place. I decided to start Spy Chameleon, since it was PS+ game back in June. Only played for a few minutes, but it looks cute. And annoying.
  3. I think 100% trophy completion by the end of the year is an obtainable goal, but I forgot XCOM 2: War of the Chosen and the final Shovel Knight DLC are being released soon. With Darkest Dungeon giving me the proverbial middle finger with this Crimson Court nonsense, I'm really going to have my back against a wall. I say we spend the rest of August planning out our strategy, kick some major ass during the Fall 2017 Backlog Challenge, and finish off the year by doing clean-up duty in December.

We dodged a major bullet by Naughty Dog not adding MP trophies to UC4.

• Like 1

Late night update!

1. I just found out there's a "13 Plats of Halloween" event, so I went ahead and entered us in that. I mean, it's kinda what we were already doing with the Fall 2017 Backlog Challenge, right? It even runs during the same time (minus the month of November).
  2. For the 13 Plats of Halloween, I think we're going to use the literal definition of that phrase and actually try to get thirteen platinums on Halloween day. This will require a great deal of setup, but we have plenty of time to prepare!
  3. I've added Claire to the list of games to play. We may remove Limbo, Inside, and The Walking Dead: Season Two, as they don't have platinums and I'm really not sure how much spare time I'll have to play them during these events.
  4. Well, it took the better part of the week, but:

Platinum #77 - Stories: The Path of Destinies

1L13453f.png

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

Lithium is an easy, but somewhat annoying 100% (Horror / No platinum). You'll probably run into a bug or two, and the atmosphere is really unnerving, but otherwise it's a pretty unique experience.

On the topic of horror games I can't wait for this, releases on October 24th. Trophies aren't revealed yet, but it's most likely going to have a platinum. Their website (linked in the video's description) jumpscared me. ?

• Like 1

I have no idea how this thread blew up. I usually don't see threads get this many posts in the Trophy Checklists section in just a couple weeks.

------

On a side note, those Community Challenge trophies in Batman: Arkham Knight are difficult. But they are completely doable. I had to practice for 10 - 12 hours or so before I really started to understand how enemies behaved and how to approach the enemies with the four characters (Batman, Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing).

Crime Alley is difficult, because you have Militia Brutes and guys with rifles who can easily ruin your no damage run. It's more difficult with Nightwing and Robin because they cannot disarm, therefore you need to be quick to take out the guys with the guns. Unfortunately that just means other dudes will grab the rifles giving them a chance to shoot you.

Monarch Theatre is tough but not as bad. Plenty of room to maneuver and evade. Evade is your best friend here. Do not Counter because more often than not somebody will attack you, ending your run. The most difficult part is just keeping a Perfect Freeflow. But if people managed to get Brutality 101, they are more than able to get this trophy.

Iceberg Lounge is arguably the most difficult. Lots of enemy spawns, annoying ninjas and eventually brutes will start to come in. If you're good enough you can reach 1,050,000 points without having a Brute spawn, but that requires a good amount of skill and patience to pull off. You can get hit and still reach the required number to get Killer Croc, but you basically need a high combo count. 300 - 400+ is recommended, the higher the combo the more points you get for doing takedowns and disarms. Thankfully, you only need to do this with Batman. When Killer Croc comes in Nightwing joins the fight. You need to use the Dual Team Takedown for Killer Croc. Once you defeat him the trophy pops.

---

I see you won't do Super Meat Boy. I'm three trophies away from the platinum, but those last three areas are no joke. Cotton Alley is a nightmare, you need very high precision and a lot of patience. It takes most people 20 - 50+ hours before they're good enough to do Cotton Alley.

---

On 8/18/2017 at 5:02 AM, Cassylvania said:

As for future games, I'm looking forward to Everybody's Golf and Life is Strange: Before the Storm (ugh, more colons). which release later this month. There's also Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, but I'm not playing that out of principle. And no, not because of the colon. Because of the pay-to-win mentality that has plagued Uncharted 4's multiplayer since the start of this year. Great series, terrible business practice. There's a big difference between supporting a game with new content and milking it for profits, and these boys have their hands firmly grasped around some poor cow's udder. It's time to look elsewhere.

This is probably why I will never get those final two trophies in Survival Mode. Sure, they are great to have for anybody who has earned them, but they aren't worth the trouble for me if Naughty Dog is just going to keep butchering their multiplayer.

Everybody knows the main culprits for bending over for more cash out of their employees and their brain dead fanbase are EA and Activision. Call of Duty is one such franchise I will probably never fully support because of the need for release annual titles every year. They decided to return to World War II for their upcoming title. Whoopty fucking do. It's not like going futuristic was enough to piss off a lot of long time fans.

Personally I support Naughty Dog more than I will support Ubisoft. They do come out with a couple decent titles every now and then but they're probably just as bent over for cash as any other corporate company out there.

When it comes down to it, indie games, when done right, are my absolute favorites. Any game like Shovel Knight, Axiom Verge or Hotline Miami that has a kickass soundtrack and great gameplay is an automatic win for me.

This is a shame, because Uncharted along with God of War were the go to, must have ass kicking Playstation exclusive franchises.

I just hope Sony Santa Monica doesn't somehow fuck up the new God of War. It's my #1 Playstation franchise, and I've supported the series since the original God of War back in 2005.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

Hi, @Spaz! Thanks so much for stopping by. Hopefully we'll get even more posts soon. I even have a little idea of how to make my quest a lot more interesting. Stay tuned for that on September 1... But onto your comments!

1. Thanks for your tips on Arkham Knight! I'll refer to those when I get back into it. I'm most worried about the ones that require not losing my combo, as I always find ways to screw that up. I know practice is important, so maybe I'll just pick a weekend to sit down and really work my way through all of them.
  2. I commend you for your persistence with Super Meat Boy. I've watched other people play it, but I doubt it's something I'd like. I'm still hesitating to play 10 Second Ninja X for the same reason.
  3. Yeah, there are a lot of bad practices going on today. I still like Naughty Dog. I just don't want to touch TLL until I'm sure they're not going to pull a fast one with the multiplayer again.
  4. I also like indie titles. Especially Shovel Knight. I have mixed feelings about Axiom Verge. I liked the first playthrough, but that final boss was awful on my fingers. It's the only game that actively made me throw my controller, and now there's a chip in it. A constant reminder of what that game did to me.
  5. GoW is another series I want to get into more. I haven't played the third one yet, but I platinumed the first one on my old account. The new GoW looks good...but I'll likely play Horizon: Zero Dawn or NieR: Automata as my next major title.
  6. I see you have a loooooot of platinums. I want to ask you about some of those games sometime. You seem to play a lot of the same games as me. But why no Dark Souls?

Also, sorry for the lack of updates this weekend, guys! All I did was start playing Tales from the Borderlands, and that's taken up most of my free time. Speaking of series I want to get into more...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Hi, @Spaz! Thanks so much for stopping by. Hopefully we'll get even more posts soon. I even have a little idea of how to make my quest a lot more interesting. Stay tuned for that on September 1... But onto your comments!

1. Thanks for your tips on Arkham Knight! I'll refer to those when I get back into it. I'm most worried about the ones that require not losing my combo, as I always find ways to screw that up. I know practice is important, so maybe I'll just pick a weekend to sit down and really work my way through all of them.
  2. I commend you for your persistence with Super Meat Boy. I've watched other people play it, but I doubt it's something I'd like. I'm still hesitating to play 10 Second Ninja X for the same reason.
  3. Yeah, there are a lot of bad practices going on today. I still like Naughty Dog. I just don't want to touch TLL until I'm sure they're not going to pull a fast one with the multiplayer again.
  4. I also like indie titles. Especially Shovel Knight. I have mixed feelings about Axiom Verge. I liked the first playthrough, but that final boss was awful on my fingers. It's the only game that actively made me throw my controller, and now there's a chip in it. A constant reminder of what that game did to me.
  5. GoW is another series I want to get into more. I haven't played the third one yet, but I platinumed the first one on my old account. The new GoW looks good...but I'll likely play Horizon: Zero Dawn or NieR: Automata as my next major title.
  6. I see you have a loooooot of platinums. I want to ask you about some of those games sometime. You seem to play a lot of the same games as me. But why no Dark Souls?

Also, sorry for the lack of updates this weekend, guys! All I did was start playing Tales from the Borderlands, and that's taken up most of my free time. Speaking of series I want to get into more...

1. Good luck. Took me a LOT of tries before I got them down pat.

2. Super Meat Boy has a LOT of guides out there on the internet, videos of people speedrunning through the game, etc. There's a lot of assistance out there to help you. I cannot say the same for 10 Second Ninja X, in fact it's probably a more difficult game for me simply because not nearly as many people played through it. Games that are extremely difficult that not many people have played are generally more difficult for me. Super Meat Boy is pretty infamous for it's difficulty, but it's very fair and most levels are fairly short. That's primarily why I haven't rage quitted the game.

Those NES titles from back in the 80s and early 90s, games like Battletoads, Ninja Gaiden and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, THOSE were for the masochists. Basically if you ran out of lives or continues you go all the way back to the beginning. They were pretty unforgiving.

3. I'm not worried about Lost Legacy. I'm kind of upset that they made you play through 26 - 30 hours of multiplayer in The Last of Us to unlock the two gold trophies required for the platinum. The game itself is challenging but quite rewarding. I played it on an alt account, didn't want to add it to my main account because I don't want to clutter my profile with too many unfinished games.

Naughty Dog has a reputation for putting in annoying multiplayer trophies. Whatever you do don't ever touch Uncharted 2 or Uncharted 3 on the PS3. That DLC can suck a big one, because you're probably going to have to boost for at least 150 - 200 hours if you want to get all those multiplayer trophies.

4. Axiom Verge is basically a Super Metroid like game that appeals to an older audience. I don't know if you played through the SNES era of games but there were some real gems like Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid that were definitely challenging at times. Two of the all time best games to come out of the 16 bit era, my favorite era in gaming.

I'll definitely play through it soon since I did a test run on my alt and enjoyed it quite immensely.

5. Definitely play God of War when you can. Great series in my opinion. Horizon Zero Dawn is probably the most impressive looking open world game I've played, and it has a pretty easy trophy list. Never played Nier Automata or the series so I don't know how that game is.

6. I'm trying. I'm not quite where I want to be. I would like to have more difficult games to my profile, along with some time consuming ones finished like The Witcher 3.

I haven't played Dark Souls because I intend to finish Bloodborne and Demon Souls first.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

Awesome, @Spaz! I'll be excited to hear your experiences with Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. Demon's was my first serious game on the PS3, and it's what got me into trophy hunting in the first place. I wish they'd remaster it already...

Speaking of realllllly good games, I just finished Tales from the Borderlands, which I think gets my vote for best game I've played this year (if not #1, it's certainly in the top three, along with Arkham Knight and Darkest Dungeon). I'm sad to see this one go, but there's plenty more Telltale games to come.

Platinum #78 - Tales from the Borderlands

1L2ee2ae.png

• Like 2