Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

7 hours ago, Br1ste said:

Looks like Case Keenum is going to the Broncos and that Kirk Cousins may be heading to Minnesota....how do you feel about that? I'm a little surprised that the Vikings didn't give Keenum another year.

I'm a little torn. For starters, I have a Keenum jersey that was only relevant for one game. (Two if you count that meltdown in Philly.) I also really like the kid. I know football is a business and personal feelings shouldn't matter, but that's from a coach's/GM's/owner's perspective. As a fan, I want people I like to succeed. This may be the second time I end up cheering for the Broncos -- with the first being at the start of Tebowmania. That said, this feels very different than when Tebow won a playoff game, only to be cast off the team a few weeks later. Keenum looked good. He played well. Yes, he had two back-to-back interceptions in the game against the Redskins that brought back feelings of Ponder, but they had a formula working that put them within one game of the Super Bowl. And the reason they lost was NOT because of Keenum. If anything, it's their defense that fell apart -- and it began happening a week before that, when they blew a 17-point lead to the Saints. I think if you had swapped Keenum and Foles, the playoffs would have played out the exact same way.

Because of that, I don't see Cousins as much of an upgrade. He's an iPhone X -- a more expensive model of something that already works just fine. In many of the games I saw Keenum play, he couldn't have done much better. He went through his progressions, made the throws he needed to make, and moved around just enough to allow big plays to happen. Did you see some of his escapes? I was sold on him after three games.

When I look at Cousins, I see...mostly the same thing. Would he have been able to beat the Eagles? What about the Patriots? Could he have even beat the Saints? I don't know. I mean, I loved him during the "YOU LIKE THAT!" campaign. Could he bring THAT kind of energy to the team? Maybe they wouldn't look so flat against superior competition. And I will say this: for as much as I love Keenum, he threw the ball up for grabs a lot. Credit Diggs and Thielen for bailing him out more often than not. It wasn't Tebow-level bad, but Keenum often put the ball where only his guy could make a play for it...if they performed a superhuman feat.

In short, love Keenum, love Cousins, but don't see this team getting much further if they don't solve the problem of why their defense gave up 60+ points in the last 90 minutes of football this year.

Anyway, it sounds like you're doing well in Dark Souls. I remember reaching Anor Londo the first time and not only being surprised by the size of the area, but by the size of the game in general. Up to that point, I thought Sen's Fortress was the end. It's kinda in the middle of the world and you keep returning back to it, so I thought for sure I was nearing the climax when I began my ascent to the top. I had no idea at the time that the game was only beginning...as you're about to find out with the next boss. If you can get to him. I still have nightmares about the part you're likely doing as we speak...

As for me, I started Prison Architect. It reminds me of The Escapists, except that you're building a prison instead of breaking out of one. It's also much...darker than I expected. I thought it was going to be a cute little game, with funny one-liners and a cheery atmosphere to complement the art style, but the main story is really tragic and gruesome. I guess that's...probably what I should have expected...in a game about prisons. What was I thinking?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Because of that, I don't see Cousins as much of an upgrade. He's an iPhone X -- a more expensive model of something that already works just fine. In many of the games I saw Keenum play, he couldn't have done much better. He went through his progressions, made the throws he needed to make, and moved around just enough to allow big plays to happen. Did you see some of his escapes? I was sold on him after three games.

lol I like that analogy. I guess it's good that you at least like him. I agree though that Keenum definitely seemed to 'fit' the system there. I didn't watch them too closely so you would know much better than I if he was more lucky than good, but at the end of the day, he won. I hope he does well for Denver. I like to root for the underdogs and nobody seems to give him any credit.

Anyway, it sounds like you're doing well in Dark Souls. I remember reaching Anor Londo the first time and not only being surprised by the size of the area, but by the size of the game in general. Up to that point, I thought Sen's Fortress was the end. It's kinda in the middle of the world and you keep returning back to it, so I thought for sure I was nearing the climax when I began my ascent to the top. I had no idea at the time that the game was only beginning...as you're about to find out with the next boss. If you can get to him. I still have nightmares about the part you're likely doing as we speak...

Yeah this area is hard. It is amazing how seamless the world flows together. It is amazingly big and it really is somewhat awing. I spent a couple of minutes at the top of the cathedral just looking around at the scenery and noticing where I came from. I died like 10 times on the archers when you have to run up the buttress. That part was brutal. I've also had several frustrating deaths against normal skeletons while I was trying to learn their different attacks. It's really hard to level or buy items in this game since I tend to die frequently and randomly so I often lose my souls. After this area, I may have to farm for a bit to upgrade my equipment and soul level. Basic enemies take off like 1/3 of my health if they connect. I'm about to try the boss I think. I got to a large fog door, but I'm doing a little more exploring before I go in there. According to the guide on here I need to find a big blacksmith.

As for me, I started Prison Architect. It reminds me of The Escapists, except that you're building a prison instead of breaking out of one. It's also much...darker than I expected. I thought it was going to be a cute little game, with funny one-liners and a cheery atmosphere to complement the art style, but the main story is really tragic and gruesome. I guess that's...probably what I should have expected...in a game about prisons. What was I thinking?

I haven't played either game, but it seems like you are making quick work of this game. Are you enjoying it? You mention it is tragic and gruesome. Is that a good thing here or?

I didn't get as much gaming in today as I would have liked. We got 20 inches of snow today from the Noreaster so I spent a good amount of time outside shoveling and then I built a snow fort with my son. That's the best part of the snow...the fort. I'm gonna give this boss a try and then go to bed. Happy hunting!

18 hours ago, Br1ste said:

lol I like that analogy. I guess it's good that you at least like him. I agree though that Keenum definitely seemed to 'fit' the system there. I didn't watch them too closely so you would know much better than I if he was more lucky than good, but at the end of the day, he won. I hope he does well for Denver. I like to root for the underdogs and nobody seems to give him any credit.

I'll just let this one play out. The coaches were obviously never high on Keenum, and I assume there's a good reason for that. I'm actually more disappointed that they let McKinnon go. Like Keenum did for Bradford, he filled in great when Cook went down. Losing both of them to free agency makes the 2018 Vikings something I won't even recognize. Not...exactly what I was hoping for, after a pretty remarkable season.

But you know who I feel really bad for? Teddy Bridgewater. Dude is signing with the Jets. ?

Yeah this area is hard. It is amazing how seamless the world flows together. It is amazingly big and it really is somewhat awing. I spent a couple of minutes at the top of the cathedral just looking around at the scenery and noticing where I came from. I died like 10 times on the archers when you have to run up the buttress. That part was brutal. I've also had several frustrating deaths against normal skeletons while I was trying to learn their different attacks. It's really hard to level or buy items in this game since I tend to die frequently and randomly so I often lose my souls. After this area, I may have to farm for a bit to upgrade my equipment and soul level. Basic enemies take off like 1/3 of my health if they connect. I'm about to try the boss I think. I got to a large fog door, but I'm doing a little more exploring before I go in there. According to the guide on here I need to find a big blacksmith.

That part with the archers is what I was referring to. I usually cheese it with the spell that makes you somewhat invisible. It doesn't completely protect you, but it makes the AI behave erratically enough that you can eventually get by them with enough trial and error.

How'd the fight with the golden brothers work out?

I haven't played either game, but it seems like you are making quick work of this game. Are you enjoying it? You mention it is tragic and gruesome. Is that a good thing here or?

I wouldn't say it's bad... Just unexpected. Reminds me of Happy Tree Friends -- except not as cutesy, and certainly not as gross. But the campaign is only a few hours long, and the actual game (I'm calling it that because the majority of trophies are earned in free play mode) has no real mood. Well, unless frustrated counts as a mood, because that's how I feel now after realizing I need to start a brand new game. See, one of the trophies requires fulfilling all of the grants in the game, but what they don't tell you is that one of the grants can only be unlocked by purchasing the DLC -- and you need to play on medium/hard difficulty. Normally, I would be pretty annoyed by that, but I'm actually okay with it. I've been saying for the last couple of days that I'd like to start a new prison, now that I know what I'm doing and can better plan out my prison. This time, nobody escapes!

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

See, one of the trophies requires fulfilling all of the grants in the game, but what they don't tell you is that one of the grants can only be unlocked by purchasing the DLC -- and you need to play on medium/hard difficulty.

Wait, the base game's platinum requires purchased DLC? That's got to be against regulations, or something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regularegg said:

Wait, the base game's platinum requires purchased DLC? That's got to be against regulations, or something.

Yes, apparently. There's not much information on this game, but that's what I've read in a couple of places. The problem, I guess, is that the DLC added a new grant, so you can't fulfill "all grants" without it. If I had a physical copy of the game, I could simply remove the patch, but I bought it during one of the recent PS store sales.

Fortunately, the DLC is only $3.99.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

But you know who I feel really bad for? Teddy Bridgewater. Dude is signing with the Jets. 1f610.png

lol yeah that's a tough break...but at least the AFC East may be more competitive this year. New England's free agents are jumping ship like rats. They haven't held onto a single one of their big free agents so far. I mean they still have Brady and Belichick...but in the first three days they've lost Dion Lewis, Malcom Butler, Nate Solder and Amendola. None of them really 'stars' but all were major parts of their team last year.

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

How'd the fight with the golden brothers work out?

So far not good lol I beat the shade Lautrec after a couple of tries right before the golden brothers. I've tried about five times so far and only got the fat boy down once. It's pretty hard to stick and move since I seem to dodge from one of their attacks into the others attack. I'm going to give it a few more tries before I look up strategy but if the Iron Golem was the easiest boss so far...these guys are the toughest.

15 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I wouldn't say it's bad... Just unexpected. Reminds me of Happy Tree Friends -- except not as cutesy, and certainly not as gross. But the campaign is only a few hours long, and the actual game (I'm calling it that because the majority of trophies are earned in free play mode) has no real mood. Well, unless frustrated counts as a mood, because that's how I feel now after realizing I need to start a brand new game. See, one of the trophies requires fulfilling all of the grants in the game, but what they don't tell you is that one of the grants can only be unlocked by purchasing the DLC -- and you need to play on medium/hard difficulty. Normally, I would be pretty annoyed by that, but I'm actually okay with it. I've been saying for the last couple of days that I'd like to start a new prison, now that I know what I'm doing and can better plan out my prison. This time, nobody escapes!

That sucks that the full trophy list isn't available with the main game only...if you're going to play the DLC anyways I guess it's not that big a deal...but that is still pretty lame on the developers part.

You do any brackets for the NCAA tourney?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Br1ste said:

lol yeah that's a tough break...but at least the AFC East may be more competitive this year. New England's free agents are jumping ship like rats. They haven't held onto a single one of their big free agents so far. I mean they still have Brady and Belichick...but in the first three days they've lost Dion Lewis, Malcom Butler, Nate Solder and Amendola. None of them really 'stars' but all were major parts of their team last year.

I was going to ask how you felt about [insert name of most recent Patriots player jumping ship], but I didn't even know who to begin with. This kinda goes back to how I felt last year -- that Brady should've retired after the win over the Falcons. That 28-3 comeback in the SB was going to be hard to beat, and now I wonder if that era is coming to a close. Of course, we hear that story every year, and we all know how it ends. (Sorta like all the people saying the Browns are winning the offseason and they'll be a force to be reckoned with next year. How many times have we heard that?)

I don't think it's time to push the panic button in New England yet. They were only a couple of plays short of winning the SB, they still have Brady and Belichick (like you said), and they get Edelman back next year. Even if they don't make a big play for Rodgers' favorite receiver, they have to be the team to beat in the AFC still.

In short, the Browns are 4-12 at best and the Patriots are 12-4 at worst until I see otherwise.

So far not good lol I beat the shade Lautrec after a couple of tries right before the golden brothers. I've tried about five times so far and only got the fat boy down once. It's pretty hard to stick and move since I seem to dodge from one of their attacks into the others attack. I'm going to give it a few more tries before I look up strategy but if the Iron Golem was the easiest boss so far...these guys are the toughest.

Even without the weird glitch you experienced, the Iron Golem is a pretty easy boss. Your biggest threat is simply falling off the stage. S&O, though... They're usually considered one of the hardest bosses in the game. If you want my advice, try to kill Ornstein first. I know fat boy is an easier target, but Ornstein's second form is far more dangerous. And when you finally beat them, you'll have a great reward waiting for you!

You do any brackets for the NCAA tourney?

Nah, basketball isn't really my sport. I watched a little today, but I could never get into it.

I guess I'll play some more Prison Architect tonight. Still kinda annoyed that I have to do everything all over again. I wouldn't mind it so much, but the requirement for having five HUNDRED inmates kinda ruins things, because it forces me to build an enormous prison. And if there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I prefer small rosters/teams/groups/Pokemon/maps/things to deal with. The last thing I wanna do is waste all my time and money building a bunch of prisoner cells so I can check the box on some developer's list. Very dumb trophy requirement, all things considered.

But hey, it's making Dragon's Dogma look pretty darn good.

• Like 1

I was going to ask how you felt about [insert name of most recent Patriots player jumping ship], but I didn't even know who to begin with. This kinda goes back to how I felt last year -- that Brady should've retired after the win over the Falcons. That 28-3 comeback in the SB was going to be hard to beat, and now I wonder if that era is coming to a close. Of course, we hear that story every year, and we all know how it ends. (Sorta like all the people saying the Browns are winning the offseason and they'll be a force to be reckoned with next year. How many times have we heard that?)

As a huge Brady fan...it would have been nice for him to end it on that. As a Patriots fan...I want him to play as long as he can if he is anywhere close to the level he was this year. The story book ending would be nice, but it's going to be a big drop off when he's gone (most likely.)

Even without the weird glitch you experienced, the Iron Golem is a pretty easy boss. Your biggest threat is simply falling off the stage. S&O, though... They're usually considered one of the hardest bosses in the game. If you want my advice, try to kill Ornstein first. I know fat boy is an easier target, but Ornstein's second form is far more dangerous. And when you finally beat them, you'll have a great reward waiting for you!

As it turns out, I killed them on my first try after that post. I use Quelaags Furysword normally as my primary weapon, but I was swinging and missing too much. I switched to the Crystal Halberd for a little better reach and I used the item to infuse lightning on it. That change made all the difference. I was able to down the fat man pretty quickly (I also got lucky that little guy got semi stuck behind a pillar for like 15 seconds so I was able to focus on fat guy.) Once little guy grew into big guy, it got really hard. I used all of my flasks, had maybe 10% health left when he died. I started him off by using the Chaos Fireball, which took him down to almost half of his life. I had a hard time getting melee strikes on him though and I was certain I was going to die when we each had only 1 hit left before death. I pulled it off though and I was pretty excited. After him I beat the boss in the painting on my first try...but I screwed up since I didn't cut her tail off. I need that dagger for a trophy so I need to make sure in NG+ that I get it. I also beat a big moth boss as well in the Darkroot Garden. I think I'll test my luck on the wolf tonight before I go to bed. I feel like I got a lot done today :)

Nah, basketball isn't really my sport. I watched a little today, but I could never get into it.

I didn't watch any games this year, but I always do a bracket. I used to follow it religiously, but outside of football, I've slipped in my sports watching.

I guess I'll play some more Prison Architect tonight. Still kinda annoyed that I have to do everything all over again. I wouldn't mind it so much, but the requirement for having five HUNDRED inmates kinda ruins things, because it forces me to build an enormous prison. And if there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I prefer small rosters/teams/groups/Pokemon/maps/things to deal with. The last thing I wanna do is waste all my time and money building a bunch of prisoner cells so I can check the box on some developer's list. Very dumb trophy requirement, all things considered.

Is that a grindy requirement for this game? I have no concept so what would your normal prison hold that you were building before? This game seems kind of interesting (as most of your games do since we like the same genres) and if I ever get done with what I have now, I may have to circle back. I'm excited for you that your Karma will run over your Dogma soon....I feel like I need to duck a pie toss after that last joke...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Br1ste said:

As it turns out, I killed them on my first try after that post. I use Quelaags Furysword normally as my primary weapon, but I was swinging and missing too much. I switched to the Crystal Halberd for a little better reach and I used the item to infuse lightning on it. That change made all the difference. I was able to down the fat man pretty quickly (I also got lucky that little guy got semi stuck behind a pillar for like 15 seconds so I was able to focus on fat guy.) Once little guy grew into big guy, it got really hard. I used all of my flasks, had maybe 10% health left when he died. I started him off by using the Chaos Fireball, which took him down to almost half of his life. I had a hard time getting melee strikes on him though and I was certain I was going to die when we each had only 1 hit left before death. I pulled it off though and I was pretty excited. After him I beat the boss in the painting on my first try...but I screwed up since I didn't cut her tail off. I need that dagger for a trophy so I need to make sure in NG+ that I get it. I also beat a big moth boss as well in the Darkroot Garden. I think I'll test my luck on the wolf tonight before I go to bed. I feel like I got a lot done today :)

Oh, wow -- you're killing it. Sif is probably my favorite boss in the game. I get so sad every time he's close to death and starts limping. But if there's one thing the Souls games have always been good at, it's making me feel bad for doing my job as a player.

I've always wondered what bosses are doing while they're waiting for you to show up. Like, do you imagine Smough and Ornstein are like college roommates? I could totally see Ornstein coming home and being like, "Smough, get your fat ass off the couch -- I have a lady coming over!" And Smough is still passed out from all the pizza and beer they had the night before.

And then YOU show up and it just plain pisses them off.

3 hours ago, Br1ste said:

Is that a grindy requirement for this game? I have no concept so what would your normal prison hold that you were building before? This game seems kind of interesting (as most of your games do since we like the same genres) and if I ever get done with what I have now, I may have to circle back. I'm excited for you that your Karma will run over your Dogma soon....I feel like I need to duck a pie toss after that last joke...

To me, a "comfortable" number of prisoners would be like 30-40. The default canteen, for example, has four tables, which can hold thirty-two inmates (eight per table). The default kitchen has two ovens and three freezers, and the game seems to suggest that two cooks is enough to take care of the default canteen. If you want more, you need to expand...or create something from scratch. But since there's no actual guide to tell you how many things you need per inmate (i.e. guards, showers, toilets, pool tables, TVs, cameras, etc.), it feels like a guessing game most of the time. When you have HUNDREDS of inmates, it's so easy for riot to break out, because you can't maintain the sheer number of facilities you need to make everybody happy. Unless you're willing to build a bunch of "mini" prisons, I guess. Like, a separate prison on the same plot of land for every ~50-60 prisoners. But that seems like an enormous waste of money. And time.

Fortunately, this is one of those games that -- yes, you know where I'm going with this -- plays itself! I literally have had the game playing itself for the last few hours so that I can get ten prisoners to pass the advanced education course. I made it as self-sufficient as I can, and I locked the parole room door so that nobody can leave. The only thing I have to do is check back every now and then to make sure nobody tunnels out through their cells. I have sniper towers around the perimeter of my prison, but a dead inmate is just as useless to me as an escaped one. Luckily, the prisoners are pretty stupid. I put a fence around the entire border of the screen, and the only door out has a guard standing watch. You would think that inmates who dig a hole would try to jump the fence (I don't think they can) or dig a little further (they seem content when they've reached the outer wall), but the AI seems to be programmed to prioritize escaping through open doors when one is available. Naturally, this means they run right to my guard, who stuns them with a tazer and drags them back to their cell.

I laugh every time.

• Like 1

Well, we made it to St. Patrick's Day. I guess that's why I named this The Clover Patch. Apparently we're all about the holidays now, so I guess next is something about fools...or taxes...or fools wasting their tax refund, like I'm going to do by buying my first graphics monitor. Soon, I'll have a hand(computer)-drawn banner to go along with our ridiculous themes!

Speaking of themes (don't you love how I'm always able to make these transitions?), I joined @Toogie53's next community event. Yes, the last one almost killed me, but that was last year. We're over RER now. And besides, the theme is spring cleaning (kinda), which I was going to focus on anyway by finally taking down Batman and Dogma -- or, as I call them, BATDOG. BATDOG. ALONE IN THE WORLD WAS A LITTLE BATDOG.

Anyway, Prison Architect irks me. I rescind any recommendation I gave this game. It took me ten hours of letting the game play itself for me to get the trophy for having ten inmates pass the advanced education course, and it's going to take another ten hours to get the trophy for playing ten days in each of the ten prisons available in Warden mode. (Enough tens for you?) Sure, I don't have to do anything, but watching the game play itself makes me realize how utterly lacking it is in depth.Like with Sims 4 (and basically any sim/building game), just play it on PC.

If it wasn't for having to leave my PS4 on all evening, I probably would've played a little Dogma. Instead, I listened to cartoon theme songs and watched LPs of Pokemon hacks.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 2:53 AM, Cassylvania said:

Oh, wow -- you're killing it. Sif is probably my favorite boss in the game. I get so sad every time he's close to death and starts limping. But if there's one thing the Souls games have always been good at, it's making me feel bad for doing my job as a player.

I've always wondered what bosses are doing while they're waiting for you to show up. Like, do you imagine Smough and Ornstein are like college roommates? I could totally see Ornstein coming home and being like, "Smough, get your fat ass off the couch -- I have a lady coming over!" And Smough is still passed out from all the pizza and beer they had the night before.

And then YOU show up and it just plain pisses them off.

I agree that he was the coolest so far and best looking. Most of the bosses are gross, distorted demons so this was a pretty unique fight if only for that. I thought the hydra was pretty cool too actually but the Sif cut scene was cool. I think he hamstrings himself by using a sword, but it was still cool (how many times can I use the word cool in one paragraph?). Another battle two handing the Crystal Halberd+5 for me. Honestly, that weapon is almost broken for these boss fights and I'm going to be sad when it breaks since it has gotten me through a lot of tough battles. I beat the four kings last night with it as well. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for the main story and I think I'll just have farming stuff left to do (besides the other play through.) Cool.

It's funny, because before Wreck it Ralph, I'm not sure I really thought a lot about it. I was too focused on what my guys were doing to sit and wonder what characters like Smough and Ornstein do during their downtime. Most of them I assume are like the "BUBBLES" fish from Finding Nemo where they are super neurotic about the area they guard and need to attack anyone that comes into their space. At least with Smough and Ornstein, they are hanging out in a huge cathedral, probably with a deck of cards playing Asshole for the millionth time. Your scenario has painted my impression of them as frat boys now and it's all I can think about now with those two lol. I bet that would make a good comic strip or something.

On 3/16/2018 at 2:53 AM, Cassylvania said:

Luckily, the prisoners are pretty stupid. I put a fence around the entire border of the screen, and the only door out has a guard standing watch. You would think that inmates who dig a hole would try to jump the fence (I don't think they can) or dig a little further (they seem content when they've reached the outer wall), but the AI seems to be programmed to prioritize escaping through open doors when one is available. Naturally, this means they run right to my guard, who stuns them with a tazer and drags them back to their cell.

I laugh every time.

I'm thinking of picking this up now for sure. I appreciate a game that doesn't take itself too seriously and can make itself entertaining like that. It's one of the reasons I enjoyed Warcraft II on my PC so much as a kid. If you kept clicking on a character, its dialogue would change and they would start getting mad at you. The human soldiers would had a dialogue like "Why do you keep touching me?" if you kept clicking he would whine about being in the army and say "I'd rather be sailing." It had no relation to game play, but it was hilarious.

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Well, we made it to St. Patrick's Day. I guess that's why I named this The Clover Patch. Apparently we're all about the holidays now, so I guess next is something about fools...or taxes...or fools wasting their tax refund, like I'm going to do by buying my first graphics monitor. Soon, I'll have a hand(computer)-drawn banner to go along with our ridiculous themes!

We're having our corned beef and cabbage tonight :) I could do without the cabbage, but the corned beef is awesome. Easter is also on the horizon so you could do a colored egg them or something as well. We all know that nothing makes more sense in the universe than Jesus dying on a cross, resurrecting three days later and celebrating this miracle by dying eggs and having a bunny rabbit hide them. If you haven't seen it...South Parks episode on Easter is one of my all time favorites.

That's exciting about you getting a graphics monitor. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! 

Edited by Br1ste
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Br1ste said:

I agree that he was the coolest so far and best looking. Most of the bosses are gross, distorted demons so this was a pretty unique fight if only for that. I thought the hydra was pretty cool too actually but the Sif cut scene was cool. I think he hamstrings himself by using a sword, but it was still cool (how many times can I use the word cool in one paragraph?). Another battle two handing the Crystal Halberd+5 for me. Honestly, that weapon is almost broken for these boss fights and I'm going to be sad when it breaks since it has gotten me through a lot of tough battles. I beat the four kings last night with it as well. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for the main story and I think I'll just have farming stuff left to do (besides the other play through.) Cool.

Dang, Four Kings... You're basically done with every hard boss. Well, Seath and Nito are a pain to reach at least...if you haven't beaten them already.

The game does get considerably harder in NG+, but you're more than equipped to handle it. I'm surprised the Crystal Halberd has lasted you this long, though. I guess you were more aware of its durability than I was when I first came across it. And you probably didn't waste it on non-bosses.

1 hour ago, Br1ste said:

It's funny, because before Wreck it Ralph, I'm not sure I really thought a lot about it. I was too focused on what my guys were doing to sit and wonder what characters like Smough and Ornstein do during their downtime. Most of them I assume are like the "BUBBLES" fish from Finding Nemo where they are super neurotic about the area they guard and need to attack anyone that comes into their space. At least with Smough and Ornstein, they are hanging out in a huge cathedral, probably with a deck of cards playing Asshole for the millionth time. Your scenario has painted my impression of them as frat boys now and it's all I can think about now with those two lol. I bet that would make a good comic strip or something.

There's actually a ton of really awesome videos/parodies/comics people have made about Dark Souls. They're worth looking at, but only after you've finished the main story.

1 hour ago, Br1ste said:

Easter is also on the horizon so you could do a colored egg them or something as well. We all know that nothing makes more sense in the universe than Jesus dying on a cross, resurrecting three days later and celebrating this miracle by dying eggs and having a bunny rabbit hide them. If you haven't seen it...South Parks episode on Easter is one of my all time favorites.

I'll have to think about it. I like to keep the name of the patch consistent for at least a few weeks at a time, and Easter comes so early this year... On the other hand, it kinda makes more sense to do a monthly theme, if I began and ended the theme in the same month. February and March are a little weird because their obligatory holiday falls in the middle of the month, whereas most other months have it in either the beginning or end. Maybe we'll just have a short theme leading up to April and then switch it up on the first of each month.

Let's see if I can knock off Prison Arch today. (Still waiting for the ten days/ten prisons trophy to pop...)

• Like 1

Alright, guys. Now that Prison Arch is out of our way, we can finally return to Dragon's Droppings Dogma. I got a handy Gransys map printed out, a very well-written quest guide to make sure I don't miss anything important, the DD Wiki page bookmarked, and I've spent the better part of the last two hours trying to relearn the controls. I've gotten my ass kicked by bandits several times, but I think I know what I'm doing. Maybe.

From what I gather, I have to complete four quests by Sir Maxipad so that I can meet the Grand Dork of Gran Soren. But I can easily fuck up by agreeing to meet the Dork too early, locking me out of other quests (and thereby the tricky The Hero trophy). We don't want that. SO, what I'm going to do is take this one quest at a time, while also completing the rest of what I'm going to call mini-quests. 

I didn't leave myself much of a guide of where I left off in the game, but I do see I was scribbling down some notes on a sheet of paper. Now if only I could decipher my handwriting...

First quest: THE WATERGOD'S ALTAR. Because if there's one thing I learned from Zelda, it's that water temples are always a great place to begin!

• Like 2

Hi! I've been absent for far too long and didn't really mean to post anything today, but... here I am! I have little time for writing such lengthy posts. I am up to date with everything you guys have been posting as I read all posts daily. Be it in bed before falling asleep or in class I always have something to read. Thanks to you guys! 
I really wanted to post my view on all series, politics and childhood based topics, but I have one more thing to learn for tomorrow so I'll just leave you with a big update on my recent gaming. Enjoy! :D

I got the plat in South Park The Fractured But Whole. I left it for far too long. It's a pity that the trophies are so easy and less engaging than in Stick of Truth. They seem kinda messy too. I get the feeling there was little effort put into creating these. Also, I despite this plat image. It's a fun game though. New combat system really adds possibilities and strategical thinking to this title. I await the DLC: From Dusk Till Casa Bonita. It's supposed to come out this Tuesday. Hope it has some trophies, but I'll play it anyway.

I platted Hotline Miami. Downloaded it when my friend came over. I got hooked again. And I've been playing until I got the plat which took me about a week of 2 hours of playtime per day. It's the most arcade a game can possibly get. It's retro graphics, house/electro music, addicting gameplay and a fair difficulty makes Hotline Miami one of the best indie games on the market despite it's age.

I finished Knack 2. God it's bad. It's not Knack one bad, but it's still bad. It's a big improvement since the first installment, but it's still not a good game. It's just decent. I feel like the story is too long. It has 15 frickin' chapters and I was bored and exhausted on the eighth. Not to mention all of the medals you need to get to earn a plat i.e. replaying levels you've already completed just to get more points or finish it faster. Then there are time trials and Coliseum. This is the game that made me think if it's healthy for me to keep playing games. Any games....

Then Seasons After Fall happened and all came back to normal. It's a beautiful 2D puzzle platformer that I fell in love with. The art style, the soothing soundtrack, relaxing gameplay and fun, environmental puzzles were all I needed after an abomination known as Knack 2. Nobody asked for the sequel...

I managed to get through Kholat. It's not that bad. Sure it's slow, clunky and glitchy at times, but navigating using your compass, imagination, perception and a map that doesn't display your current location is engaging. It's not scary though. Unless you fall through textures which happened to me once. Also, it has great story. I know it's not how it really happened and it's just a fiction, but still... There aren't many games that use a yet unexplained mystery as a base for their plot. I will have to read more about this incident from 1959. It's a polish production too.

I also made some progress in God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Deadpool and managed to get all MP trophies in Killzone 3 (excluding the DLC). The Spy Chameleon would be the next shitty game I will need to finish and forget about. I actually launched it for a few minutes. Then was struck with several emotions. Mostly sorrow, suffering and regret...

I can't wait till Tuesday comes. Titan Quest is just around the corner. Or was it Spring? Don't remember...

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that this is my 100th post on the forum. Celebration! Now excuse me, as I go and get myself shitfaced because of that.

2017 Completed Games

Spoiler

God of War II (PS3) - DONE (100%) :platinum:

Get Even (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

Child of Light (PS4) - DONE (100%) 

Uncharted The Lost Legacy (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum:

101 Ways To Die (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum:

Hue (PS4) - DONE (100%)

Layers of Fear (PS4) - DONE (100%)

Maize (PS4) - DONE (100%)

The Park (PS4) - DONE (100%)

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum:

Batman Arkham Knight (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum:

Aragami (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

God of War: Chains of Olympus (PS3) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

Slayaway Camp (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

2018 Games

Spoiler

Life is Strange (PS3) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

Firewatch (PS4) - DONE (100%)

Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

Cat Quest (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

Ratchet & Clank (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

South Park: The Fractured But Whole (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

Hotline Miami (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

Knack 2 (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

Seasons After Fall (PS4) - DONE (100%) :platinum: 

Kholat (PS4) - DONE (100%)

[DUE JUNE 2018] Spy Chameleon (PS4) - NOT YET DONE (59%)

[DUE JUNE 2018] Deadpool (PS4) - NOT YET DONE (34%)

Assassin's Creed Rogue (PS3) - NOT YET DONE (1%)

God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3) - NOT YET DONE (37%)

Knack (PS4) - NOT YET DONE (21%)

Edited by RockyJokerPL
  • Like 2

On 3/17/2018 at 1:00 PM, Cassylvania said:

Dang, Four Kings... You're basically done with every hard boss. Well, Seath and Nito are a pain to reach at least...if you haven't beaten them already.

The game does get considerably harder in NG+, but you're more than equipped to handle it. I'm surprised the Crystal Halberd has lasted you this long, though. I guess you were more aware of its durability than I was when I first came across it. And you probably didn't waste it on non-bosses.

Nito is proving to be a pain in the ass to get to. I spent 30 minutes last night dying repeatedly to the six giant skeletons by the large divine ember. I'm trying to pick them off while I'm perched above them, but my arrows and pyromancy spells keep hitting the floor since they all congregate under me. Then I lose patience and jump down to try and kite them while hitting them with spells and I keep getting housed. I was able to beat Pinwheel no problem. He had like no health and went down in three hits of the Crystal Halberd. I actually wasn't using the Halberd at all since the durability was so low and was using the dragon blade as my primary weapon (until I got Quelaag's blade). The first time I tried using it was on S & O. After that fight I went to go repair it and it wasn't showing up on the list. I googled it quick to see why and saw that you can't repair crystal items so it was dumb luck in my case. I use it only on boss fights now so I don't waste it.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:52 PM, Cassylvania said:

Platinum #103 - Prison Architect

Congrats!! That's too bad it ended up being such a nightmare for you. It sounded like it'd be up my alley early on but I guess I don't need to go out of my way to beat it. Silver lining is that it inspired you to tackle Dorky Dragons Droppings Dogma. It seems like you are making good headway with this game already.

21 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I've spent the better part of the last two hours trying to relearn the controls.

This right here is the biggest reason why I don't play multiple games at the same time (other than 1 vita and 1 PS3/PS4 game). I don't want to have to relearn a game a second time. Most of the games I play have similar but different controls and I try to avoid frustrating deaths/moments by spamming the button from game X while I'm playing game Y. 

21 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

From what I gather, I have to complete four quests by Sir Maxipad so that I can meet the Grand Dork of Gran Soren. But I can easily fuck up by agreeing to meet the Dork too early, locking me out of other quests (and thereby the tricky The Hero trophy). We don't want that. SO, what I'm going to do is take this one quest at a time, while also completing the rest of what I'm going to call mini-quests. 

Your love for this game really comes through here :) I am really looking forward to your commentary on this game as you progress. The character names and tasks so far have been top notch!

18 hours ago, RockyJokerPL said:

I got the plat in South Park The Fractured But Whole. I left it for far too long. It's a pity that the trophies are so easy and less engaging than in Stick of Truth. They seem kinda messy too. I get the feeling there was little effort put into creating these. Also, I despite this plat image. It's a fun game though. New combat system really adds possibilities and strategical thinking to this title. I await the DLC: From Dusk Till Casa Bonita. It's supposed to come out this Tuesday. Hope it has some trophies, but I'll play it anyway.

I agree with you 100% on this. I really enjoyed the game and am looking forward to the DLC as well, but they left a lot on the table for trophies. It felt like they added trophies more because they had to than that they actually gave it some thought. It was just weird that there weren't trophies for all the collectibles. There weren't many 'fun' ones either like in Stick of Truth where you had to fart on certain townspeople. 

You've made some awesome progress there! It's too bad that you don't seem to like a lot of the games you've completed. What is on your list that you are actually looking forward to?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Br1ste said:

You've made some awesome progress there! It's too bad that you don't seem to like a lot of the games you've completed. What is on your list that you are actually looking forward to?

If you mean the 2018 Games list I definitely like God of War: Ghost of Sparta. The only God of War I didn't like was Ascension. Although it had good graphics and really badass first boss design it didn't come up to my expectations. For me it's the worst installment of the series. 

I like Deadpool too. Although it pissed me off yesterday because I thought I had to complete the game on the hardest difficulty without upgrading anything, like in every normal game. Turned out I could beat the game on Easy, buff my Deadpool so that he would be a total badass and then jump on the highest difficulty setting. I think that it wouldn't infuriate me as much if I didn't get stuck on the last chapter of the game. Well...

The game I also like from my list is Spy Chameleon Assassin's Creed Rouge. Although, after completing Syndicate I'm kinda exhausted and need to take a break. 

There are many games that are yet to come out that I'm sure I'll enjoy. Titan Quest (tomorrow, can't wait), Agony (which I probably won't buy on release) and God of War (20th April). I also have some games in my library that aren't even on my profile since I have never launched them yet. I believe I was supposed to play Dark Souls from time to time too. Well, seems like I'll have to start over yet again. 

Also, for the first time ever I've reached 68% completion! Only for it to drop significantly tomorrow when I'll add Titan Quest to my list.

Edited by RockyJokerPL
  • Like 2

Hey, Rocky's back! That's good to see. You're playing a bunch of games I never heard of...or even own...except Seasons After Fall, which I picked up during the last sale. Since you say it's pretty good, maybe I'll check it out soon. Just, by the title, I thought it might be more fitting for fall (or, you know, winter).

Your love for this game really comes through here :) I am really looking forward to your commentary on this game as you progress. The character names and tasks so far have been top notch!

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Double D, I have to admit. I know I said it was better than Skyrim -- and I still think it is, in some ways -- but the graphics aren't great, and I really can't take the story or the characters seriously anymore. It also doesn't help that you can only fast travel to a couple of places (more if you have portcrystals, but they're pretty rare), and your stamina runs out so quickly that you spend just as long walking as you do running. Really not helpful when you have to cover long distances for every quest.

Fortunately, I managed to complete all four quests (each more annoying than the one before) and scored myself an audience with the Grand Dork. He was an asshole. Then his daughter wife started hitting on me and I got thrown in prison. I managed to break out of my cell and walked right past the guard, who seemed totally okay with it. I even spoke to him and he said some generic NPC line, as if he wasn't even aware that I was supposed to be in my cell. So, if anybody is looking for a job as a security guard, I know where there's going to be an opening soon.

Anyway, the NEXT part of the game has 16 mini-quests for me to complete. Fortunately, I must have been bored out of my mind last night, because I already completed seven of them. Halfway there...

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

I killed a wizard named Balsac (not even joking about that name) and now I'm back to doing main story quests. I have like two mini-quests left to do, but I might as well unlock the final part of the game, because I don't get locked out of either of those quests once I do so. By my count, I only have 14 quests (both main and side) remaining, along with some oddball trophies that I can grab in post-game, NG+/Hard Mode, or the speedrun that is for some reason necessary to include in an RPG. I should start dinging trophies like crazy, now that it's almost a straight shot to the finish.

I might hold off a little on this game, though, since I did choose it for the Spring Fling community event...and that technically doesn't begin until April 1. But don't you worry... I have a secret surprise game coming up soon! It's so secret that even I don't know what it is.

Oh, and did I mention we're a gold patch?

• Like 2

On 3/19/2018 at 4:42 PM, RockyJokerPL said:

The only God of War I didn't like was Ascension. Although it had good graphics and really badass first boss design it didn't come up to my expectations. For me it's the worst installment of the series.

I agree with this for the most part, but I didn't even really like the graphics any better. There was a more grainy feel to them for me and they weren't as smooth as the other games. It made it more realistic I suppose, but I wasn't as big a fan of the change. My biggest problem with the game was I felt like they fell in love with the scenery too much and wanted to show it off at the expense of game play. Yes that first boss was cool, but to quote My Cousin Vinny...Where did they shoot that from?! Up in a tree?! The camera was so freaking far away from the action, I had a very hard time on that boss since I could barely see Kratos. It was visually pretty cool, but it was harder than it needed to be due to the camera. Having said that...I'm really looking forward to 4.

On 3/19/2018 at 6:44 PM, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Double D, I have to admit. I know I said it was better than Skyrim -- and I still think it is, in some ways -- but the graphics aren't great, and I really can't take the story or the characters seriously anymore. It also doesn't help that you can only fast travel to a couple of places (more if you have portcrystals, but they're pretty rare), and your stamina runs out so quickly that you spend just as long walking as you do running. Really not helpful when you have to cover long distances for every quest.

Ick. That travel system sounds like a nightmare. That was one of my biggest gripes with Final Fantasy XI back in the day. It could take 30 minutes just to run from one town to another and then you would be out of time to play. That's one of the things I really like about Dark Souls is the bonfire warping system. I get that developers like to show off the setting, but at some point people just want to play the game. I really like games that can intertwine the two where you can appreciate the atmosphere and size of an environment and not curse how tedious it is to move around. 

On 3/19/2018 at 6:44 PM, Cassylvania said:

Fortunately, I managed to complete all four quests (each more annoying than the one before) and scored myself an audience with the Grand Dork. He was an asshole. Then his daughter wife started hitting on me and I got thrown in prison. I managed to break out of my cell and walked right past the guard, who seemed totally okay with it. I even spoke to him and he said some generic NPC line, as if he wasn't even aware that I was supposed to be in my cell. So, if anybody is looking for a job as a security guard, I know where there's going to be an opening soon.

lol is that bad programming or is it supposed to be funny? I had kind of wanted to play this game after your Skyrim comparison...but with how many games there are out there to play...I'm not completely sold on this yet either. I know that you have completed Darkest Dungeon and I was thinking of doing that one on my Vita after I finish Space Hulk. Is that one worth doing? I have hesitated since I usually play my vita with the sound off since I tend to play it at night while my wife is watching TV and I'm afraid to start a game where it's important to hear the game since I don't want to bother my wife while she is watching. I've got some time since I haven't even reached 1000 kills yet and I need to reach 40,000 for the platinum. Once I finish this hard run through the campaign I'll be able to focus on that, but it'll still probably be a month.

18 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I killed a wizard named Balsac (not even joking about that name) and now I'm back to doing main story quests.

lol how ironic that a game you've been making up nicknames for has a character who falls right in line with those jokes on his own?

18 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Oh, and did I mention we're a gold patch?

I'm sure it's obvious, but why a gold patch? St. Patty's day pot of gold?

Edited by Br1ste
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Br1ste said:

Ick. That travel system sounds like a nightmare. That was one of my biggest gripes with Final Fantasy XI back in the day. It could take 30 minutes just to run from one town to another and then you would be out of time to play. That's one of the things I really like about Dark Souls is the bonfire warping system. I get that developers like to show off the setting, but at some point people just want to play the game. I really like games that can intertwine the two where you can appreciate the atmosphere and size of an environment and not curse how tedious it is to move around.

Bonfires are great. They're like little rewards you get for completing an area. But even before you unlock the Lordvessel and have the ability to warp, I never found the travel system in Dark Souls 1 to be tiresome. Sure, you gotta do that epic trek from Quelaag to Firelink Shrine, but it's an adventure -- and a one-time thing (unless you really get lost.) My problem with Dragon's Dookie is that you end up having to return to the same areas over and over again, so you gotta warp to Gran Soren (loading screen), run to the gates (loading screen), and follow the path to your destination, getting attacked by all manners of annoying wildlife along the way. And it's not even fun running, like it is in Dark Souls, where you can roll into stuff when you get bored. It's a lot of stop and go, waiting for your stamina to refill. Sorta like my commute to work.

Why put red lights in a video game!?

lol is that bad programming or is it supposed to be funny? I had kind of wanted to play this game after your Skyrim comparison...but with how many games there are out there to play...I'm not completely sold on this yet either. I know that you have completed Darkest Dungeon and I was thinking of doing that one on my Vita after I finish Space Hulk. Is that one worth doing? I have hesitated since I usually play my vita with the sound off since I tend to play it at night while my wife is watching TV and I'm afraid to start a game where it's important to hear the game since I don't want to bother my wife while she is watching. I've got some time since I haven't even reached 1000 kills yet and I need to reach 40,000 for the platinum. Once I finish this hard run through the campaign I'll be able to focus on that, but it'll still probably be a month.

I'm not sure I can recommend Darkest Dungeon. Did I love it? Yes. But it's not for everybody. It's very long (both the platinum and the game itself), very difficult, and very RNG-based. You need to play slow and carefully, like you would in XCOM or any tactical, turn-based game. It's okay to play with the sound off, though. It's mostly just grunts, slashes, and the narrator, who says the same things over and over.

Also, it's pretty gross. I wouldn't recommend eating while playing the game.

Still, it's one of my favorite PS4 games.

I'm sure it's obvious, but why a gold patch? St. Patty's day pot of gold?

Well, I was thinking April Fool's Day...and gold is currency, which is like money, which has something to do with Tax Day... I guess.

It'll be The Shower Patch before you know it.

Anyway, I beat the living snot out of the dragon in Double D. I guess that was supposed to be the "final" battle, but now there's more to do, so the game lied to me again. Apparently there are other bosses who are even more powerful than the WORLD EATER. And, yes, I know that's the dragon from Skyrim, but what's up with all of these secret bosses in video games? It's a good game THEY aren't the ones trying to destroy the world, because they could sure do a better job than the actual final boss. I guess they're just more chill. Like, they could take over the world, but that would take effort and they'd rather sleep in. I can relate.

So, I need to kill a hydra, evil eye, drake, wyrm, wyvern, and Mega Super Ultra Scary Death Dragon. Then I can begin NG+. Which is also Hard Mode. Which I'll probably hate.

Oh, and hopefully The Hero pops soon, because I really don't feel like figuring out which quest I missed.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm not sure I can recommend Darkest Dungeon. Did I love it? Yes. But it's not for everybody. It's very long (both the platinum and the game itself), very difficult, and very RNG-based. You need to play slow and carefully, like you would in XCOM or any tactical, turn-based game. It's okay to play with the sound off, though. It's mostly just grunts, slashes, and the narrator, who says the same things over and over.

Also, it's pretty gross. I wouldn't recommend eating while playing the game.

Still, it's one of my favorite PS4 games.

This actually seems up my alley. I don't get grossed out too easily and I live for the turn-based style game. Most of my games are marathons as well so I'll probably pick it up then. Considering how long it is going to take me to get 40,000 kills in Space Hulk, maybe I won't choose it for my next Vita game, but it'll definitely go into my queue now.

16 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Anyway, I beat the living snot out of the dragon in Double D. I guess that was supposed to be the "final" battle, but now there's more to do, so the game lied to me again. Apparently there are other bosses who are even more powerful than the WORLD EATER. And, yes, I know that's the dragon from Skyrim, but what's up with all of these secret bosses in video games? It's a good game THEY aren't the ones trying to destroy the world, because they could sure do a better job than the actual final boss. I guess they're just more chill. Like, they could take over the world, but that would take effort and they'd rather sleep in. I can relate.

lol this kind of goes in line with the 'what do S & O do while they are waiting for you.' The mega strong guys are more chill and relax. Sure they could take over the world, but where's the challenge in that? Let's just Netflix and chill until some ballsy adventurer comes to get their ass whipped. Most of the Final Fantasy games are like that. The end boss is never as hard as the optional boss. I mean I kind of get it so that the main story isn't broken by an impossible boss and more people will be able to finish the adventure...but at the same time it can be very anticlimactic. 

Dark Souls update: I killed Nito without too much trouble. I died the first time because a HUGE scythe came up out of the ground after I landed and killed me before I could heal from the fall damage. I killed him on the second try. The Tomb of Giants was the hardest zone for me by far. Those 6 Giant Skeletons sucked, but oddly enough died on my first try after I made that prior post. I had five of them running below me and I was able to target one of them walking away and hit it with a Chaos Fire Ball. It killed all five of them and left me with a more manageable one vs one. Those giant skeleton dogs pack a punch as well. I killed the first two I saw without any issue and I thought they were all bark and no bite. When I missed blocking on the third dog, it ravaged me pretty quickly. Next up is Gwyndolin, but I'm going to take some time to farm some of the materials I'll need for the weapons trophy so that I can spread out the grind a bit. It's going to take a lot of souls to raise all the weapons I'll need. The good news is I've only missed one item in my NG play through that I'll have to do extra in my NG+. I haven't decided if I'll try and farm the slabs in this play through when the enemies aren't as tough or try and pick them up through the chests/quests on my NG+ play. Either way, I'm having a lot of fun with the game and many of my minor gripes when I started have been forgotten.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Br1ste said:

lol this kind of goes in line with the 'what do S & O do while they are waiting for you.' The mega strong guys are more chill and relax. Sure they could take over the world, but where's the challenge in that? Let's just Netflix and chill until some ballsy adventurer comes to get their ass whipped. Most of the Final Fantasy games are like that. The end boss is never as hard as the optional boss. I mean I kind of get it so that the main story isn't broken by an impossible boss and more people will be able to finish the adventure...but at the same time it can be very anticlimactic. 

They were all pretty easy. Especially the final "final" boss. Like, Demon's Souls level easy.

I did skip the Mega Ultra whatever-I-called-it-before Dragon, though. I'll do that in NG+, which I just began out of boredom. I'm currently waiting for Mercedes and her stupid ox to catch up to me. I think I at LEAST have time to finish this post and make a sandwich before they reach Gran Soren.

Fortunately, this game does have something called portcrystals. They are limited in supply (you get like five in NG), but you can place them almost anywhere and port to them instantly. If you have a ferrystone. I have an eternal ferrystone, which gives me unlimited ports. No clue how I got it, but it was in my inventory and that's good enough for me. Best of all, all of your items (AND PORTCRYSTAL LOCATIONS) transfer to NG+, so this will be a much, much shorter playthrough. I do need another 150 levels, though...

I got a package in the mail today. Inside is a brand new game. Will I begin it this weekend, or will I continue my Dragon's Dogface adventure?

Neither. I'll STILL BE WAITING FOR MERCEDES.

• Like 2