Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

On 1/9/2018 at 5:28 PM, Cassylvania said:

And yes, video games are art.

I agree. I've always appreciated the different styles as well from the cartoon Toejam and Earl style to the super lifelike scenery you get from a FFXV. When I was playing FFIV online I used to travel to different areas to watch the sunset in-game because there was some truly beautiful scenes. Beyond the graphics, some of the stories I've played have been artistic and even battle engines can be a work of art. When you get a really good freeflow going in Batman, it is kind of beautiful to watch.

A few years ago, I said what the Browns need is consistency. Get a good head coach and give him at least three years to turn the team around. Well, they tried that, and it hasn't worked out very well. So I'm going to my Plan B. Get an established quarterback. No more drafting QBs. We already know they can't do that. But bring in a guy like Alex Smith or Eli Manning who have proven they can be successful, and then focus on surrounding them with talent. Oh, and bring in Peyton as a GM. Just saying. #BestEver

Have they given anyone three years? This was Hue Jackson's second year (he's 1-31...yuck) and I feel like they were firing coaches every year or every other year before that. They have just been horrible drafters. Johnny Manziel...did anyone think he wasn't going to implode? Trent Richardson? They have a ton of draft picks, they just need to be smart about it. I think they're in their own heads at this point. They know they are the butt of all jokes and can't seem to get out of their own way. I agree to a point about the established quarterback. They need to stop throwing their rookie QB to the wolves. I think an Alex Smith or an Eli would be good so that the rookie can get a year under their belt, see how it is supposed to go and then take over. The Browns aren't winning a Super Bowl though with either of those guys and will need a QB that could be there, in one system, for a long time. I think that is one of the biggest reasons for the Patriot's success over the years is their stability.

I assume you're a hockey fan, which is also a great sport to watch. Arguably the best if you're there in person.

I agree that hockey is the best in person. The game is sooo fast and the rink looks so much smaller than on TV. I went to several Bruins games in college, and they were by far the most fun to watch live. I do have a soft spot in my heart for going to baseball games in person. There is something about the smells and energy that gets me amped up. Oddly, football is my favorite sport to watch overall and I hate going in person. I feel like you miss too much and the weather is always shitty.

But my issue with hockey is that each team plays so many games -- and has such a high chance of making the playoffs -- that the significance of each game is greatly diminished from, say, the NFL, where every game seems to matter. Baseball is like that too, which is why I'm not nearly as into it as I used to be. Well, and because I'm a Twins fan.

This right here is why I love football most at this point. Every game means so much that you can get emotionally invested in each one. In baseball, unless you are having a transcendentally good or bad year, every team will win at least 60 games and every team will lose at least 60 games...it's those other 42 games that decide how your season will be. I don't worry about the standings until the Red Sox hit either of those numbers...then I start to care. 

23 hours ago, Spaz said:

I'm starting to find the old Saturday Night Live skits with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock to be far superior to what they're putting out now.

It's not even close. I feel like mid to late 90's SNL was their peak. Those guys were genuinely funny, talented and original and many of them spawned into superstars...it's just not funny anymore and nobody has ever heard of half of them. I think they had a small surge with Alec Baldwin playing Trump and Melissa McCarthy as Spicer...but other than that...it's not too good. I miss Jon Stewart and the character Stephen Colbert. I always felt like Stewart was more consistently funny where as Colbert made me laugh harder when he was on his game. I don't think there is anything on right now that was as good as that.

4 hours ago, Spaz said:

The problem is Sandler hasn’t changed. I would like to see him in a film that he himself wasn’t involved in the script in some shape or form. Happy Gilmore came out in 1996. He’s done mostly the same roles for over 20 years. Times have changed, and Sandler hasn’t adapted. 

A lot of those comedy guys are like that. I mean I love Steve Martin, but he didn't stray to far from his shtick. Same goes for guys like Eddie Murphy (who also fell off a cliff). That's why I give guys like Jim Carrey and Steve Carell so much credit because they tried to branch off and do some more serious things. I think Carell has been more successful at it, but I thought Carrey showed some decent range in his movies.

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

I honestly can’t think of anybody who is my peer and is in my generation where I can go back and say they have a lot of talent in acting. It’s sad to say and I wish I didn’t have to say it. 

I think there are some good, young method actors. Jake Gyllenhaal has been in a ton of good movies (Donnie Darko being my personal favorite) and even a guy like Joseph Gordon-Levitt has shown decent range. It's too bad that Heath Ledger died because he was great also (beyond the Joker). I think Chris Pine is pretty good. But I do agree to a point that there aren't as many great actors like some of the people you mentioned. I don't know if it's because people have gotten lazy due to special effects, but it's something.

Actually, what you mentioned reminds me a bit of The Witness. I don't know if you've ever played the game -- and I won't spoil anything -- but it was as pretentious as most exhibits. A shame too because I actually liked the game (puzzle games are some of my favorites, if I've never managed that), but that pushed every one of my buttons the wrong way.

Is it worth playing? I checked out the trophy list and there were no bronze which is unique. I have a huge backlog right now so who knows if I'll get to it any time soon. I just impulse bought I Am Bread the other day for $2. I've read the controls in that game are ridiculously hard...but I'm somewhat of a masochist with my trophy list at times and am tempted to check it out. Speaking of masochist...I just got my 10,000 kill trophy! Now I can finally get back to playing the game and enjoying it :)

• Like 1

Wow, there are so many conversations going on at the same time. I can't get to them all, so...

@Spaz I love Dwayne Johnson. I don't know if I'd consider him a good actor, but he's so charismatic that it doesn't matter. Probably one of the reasons I think Moana is the best Disney film. I've already given my opinion on Clooney and Jackson. Will Ferrell...is an odd one. Everybody in my family hates him, but nobody can tell me why. I guess it's similar to how I feel about Seth Rogen. Sean Connery was actually on my celebrity death pool for 2017... Missed the mark on that one. Hope I keep missing it too, because he's a tremendous actor.

I think you're right. I can't name very many young actors who I think will live up to some of these names. Maybe a few actresses, but most of the really good modern movies I've seen are either independent films or movies featuring old, established actors acting...well, old.

For NMS, you don't have to find another player. Just another player's base. Theoretically, that should mean it gets easier with time, because every new base that is added is another chance you have of coming across one. It's a huge time sink, but I kinda like games like that. Movie games, I call them. I watched a marathon while playing through NMS. 95% of the time will be spent in inventory screens anyway, buying items low and selling them high. Unless they patched that trick out. If they did, AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS.

@Br1ste There are a lot of things I want to comment on here, but I think I'll go with football because of course I would. I'm actually surprised they're giving Hue another year (well, I give him six games), but what I don't understand is why they got rid of Pettine so quickly. Sure, 10-22 isn't a great record for a head coach, but neither is 1-31. And you can't really blame Pettine for the Manziel disaster. He was pressured into that. I remember holding my breath through the entire first round of that draft, just praying the Vikings would pick Bridgewater instead. When they moved up to snag him at #32, I was ecstatic. I honestly don't know how anybody could have trusted Manziel to be successful in the NFL...

And I agree that football is the best sport to watch. I've seen it in person a few times -- even had box seats -- but I think it's best on TV, either at home or at a bar. Too many drunks at the stadium. Okay, at the bar too, but I'll usually only go out if my team isn't playing during that time slot. And I love the scheduling too. All of the games are crammed into a single day of a week, and it's spread out over 17 weeks. That makes it easy to follow, easy to watch, and you even get a bonus game on Monday and Thursday and sometimes Saturday for some reason. With other sports, it's hard to remember when your team is even playing unless you keep a calendar on your wall, and many of the games are unavailable to watch unless you own a ridiculously overpriced cable package. Though the NFL isn't excused there either. Why do we have to pay $300 a year for the NFL Sunday Ticket? Most people only want to follow their team. They really need an option to buy single team games.

The best year was when released a Madden NFL game that came with the Sunday Ticket. I bought the game for $99, used the Sunday Ticket, and sold the game disc for like $50. I had access to all of the games for only $49. That was great. Then the Vikings went 3-13.

Well, you get what you pay for...

Would I recommend The Witness? That's a loaded question. I'm not going to say yes because I think it's a very polarizing game, and I don't know which side of the fence you'd fall on. If you like puzzles, it's certainly worth a look. In theory, even if you get stuck, you can look up the solutions to about 95% of the puzzles. The problem is, if you get in the habit of doing that, you won't be prepared to finish the gauntlet at the end of the game. I can't say anything more without giving away spoilers, but I was able to do all but one or two puzzles without help. If you liked The Talos Principle, I imagine you'd like The Witness.

I've watched LPs of I Am Bread, and I actually considered it for platinum #100, but I don't think I'd be able to complete it. I don't like bad controls. Even if they're in jest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Br1ste said:

I agree that hockey is the best in person. The game is sooo fast and the rink looks so much smaller than on TV. I went to several Bruins games in college, and they were by far the most fun to watch live. I do have a soft spot in my heart for going to baseball games in person. There is something about the smells and energy that gets me amped up. Oddly, football is my favorite sport to watch overall and I hate going in person. I feel like you miss too much and the weather is always shitty.

Hockey is a MUCH better sport in person than it is on the television. I've been to various games in my life and I can tell you that firsthand.

On the TV I simply couldn't care less. It's boring. TV makes the game a lot smaller and sparse. When you're there in the audience you can feel the cheers and you can see the fights a lot better than you can on the TV. Plus you can bear witness to any swearing or extra blood that TV will cut out.

I'm an avid baseball fan, but I haven't been excited for it anymore. I'm a Seattle Mariners fan, they're in my home state and I've stuck with them since Ken Griffey Jr was in his prime. But these days they simply suck. Their pitching is all over the place, we generally have one or two good starting pitchers. Everyone else, including the bullpen, manages to screw up the game leading us to more and more losses. When most of your pitchers are pitching with an ERA of 4.00 or more, something is wrong.

But as a whole it just isn't that electrifying. Give me Barry Bonds, Griffey, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, Jason Giambi, Roger Clemens, etc etc. What they did was wrong sure. Bonds and Clemens treated the media like a bunch of assholes and denied steroid usage when it was clear they did. But they sure as hell made the game more exciting.

I loved those guys. I even loved managers like Joe Torre and Lou Pinella. Even Bobby Cox and a couple of those other guys were pretty good.

I don't know. I lost interest in the sport. I would take up College Football if it wasn't so damn corrupt.

It's not even close. I feel like mid to late 90's SNL was their peak. Those guys were genuinely funny, talented and original and many of them spawned into superstars...it's just not funny anymore and nobody has ever heard of half of them. I think they had a small surge with Alec Baldwin playing Trump and Melissa McCarthy as Spicer...but other than that...it's not too good. I miss Jon Stewart and the character Stephen Colbert. I always felt like Stewart was more consistently funny where as Colbert made me laugh harder when he was on his game. I don't think there is anything on right now that was as good as that.

When Phil Hartman and Chris Farley were in SNL, it was a laugh riot. Those guys were literally magic. Me and my family used to stay up late on Saturdays back in the early - mid 90's, and we would watch each episode from beginning to end.

Very tragic that those two comedians lives were cut short. I read up on the history of SNL and those two guys brought the show back to life, after it had been through a down period. Today they're through a down period, but I honestly can't pick a single person who has half the talent of Phil Hartman or Chris Farley. I just can't. Even Adam Sandler and Chris Rock when they had their stint with SNL had a lot more talent and charisma.

I'm not saying these people aren't trying, because they are. The writing material is dry and flat, and the characters uninspired.

Stewart and Colbert were Comedy Central, not SNL. I already miss Stewart too. Good man not just in his jokes and humor on The Daily Show, but he knew the bullshit the mainstream Republicans and Fox News reporters threw at him.

He made Bill O Reilly look like a complete fool. There's a great clip on YouTube where Jon Stewart singlehandedly helped bring down a long time talk show that was primarily Republican. It was simply amazing that someone who isn't a politician had more sense and knowledge than a lot of those so called politicians who are usually on Fox News. Even CNN and MSNBC are starting to turn really bad. I can't support Liberals or Conservatives anymore. They've gone too far off the deep end.

Colbert is still doing his thing. His previous show on Comedy Central had more buzz going for it. I don't care for him being a regular talk show guy in the same vein as Jay Leno. We have more than enough of those guys already.

A lot of those comedy guys are like that. I mean I love Steve Martin, but he didn't stray to far from his shtick. Same goes for guys like Eddie Murphy (who also fell off a cliff). That's why I give guys like Jim Carrey and Steve Carell so much credit because they tried to branch off and do some more serious things. I think Carell has been more successful at it, but I thought Carrey showed some decent range in his movies.

I think there are some good, young method actors. Jake Gyllenhaal has been in a ton of good movies (Donnie Darko being my personal favorite) and even a guy like Joseph Gordon-Levitt has shown decent range. It's too bad that Heath Ledger died because he was great also (beyond the Joker). I think Chris Pine is pretty good. But I do agree to a point that there aren't as many great actors like some of the people you mentioned. I don't know if it's because people have gotten lazy

due to special effects, but it's something.

Martin and Murphy have been out of the spotlight for quite a while. They helped define the 1980s, and both were able to build a very successful career from Saturday Night Live.

Carell was a regular on The Daily Show, then he went to do his thing in The Office. I felt the UK version was far superior and a lot more funny, but the American version had some pretty decent episodes.

I personally think Carrey is similar to Martin and Murphy in range. Very talented guy especially when he did In Living Colour. Hasn't strayed too far from his shtick either. He has good genuine talent, which is more than what I can say for Adam Sandler.

Robin Williams was one of the best when it came to range. Good Will Hunting is one of my favorite movies from the 90s and it was simply amazing he could pull off a dramatic role so well. He did more comedic roles yes, and he was one of the best at it, but he was also an excellent dramatic actor. Extremely talented. I was so depressed and sad when he took his own life. Always upsets me when good guys like him pass away, and mediocrity becomes more dominant.

Heath Ledger was talented. His role of the Joker was definite proof. He too, had his life cut too short. Makes you wonder what movies he would of been in had he decided to not kill himself.

Many of the actors I'm impressed with or are interested in are older than me. I think the problem is Reality Television has killed off a lot of potential talent since studios have gone cheap in looking for good talent in acting. Many actors in my generation, especially those who are in my age range give or take a couple years, have already been in some sort of reality show.

When I see American Idol and America's Got Talent, that just tells me any idiot can go on the stage to try to sound good because you know, looks matter more than talent. I encourage younger people to go to acting schools, and develop their craft, whether it's comedy, drama, horror or suspense. Reality shows simply show the worst in people, because anybody can be picked off the streets to do a small stint in a reality show. 16 and Pregnant? Teen Mom? Two of the absolute worst shows I've ever seen in my life, and sadly I've seen most of the episodes.

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Wow, there are so many conversations going on at the same time. I can't get to them all, so...

@Spaz I love Dwayne Johnson. I don't know if I'd consider him a good actor, but he's so charismatic that it doesn't matter. Probably one of the reasons I think Moana is the best Disney film. I've already given my opinion on Clooney and Jackson. Will Ferrell...is an odd one. Everybody in my family hates him, but nobody can tell me why. I guess it's similar to how I feel about Seth Rogen. Sean Connery was actually on my celebrity death pool for 2017... Missed the mark on that one. Hope I keep missing it too, because he's a tremendous actor.

I think you're right. I can't name very many young actors who I think will live up to some of these names. Maybe a few actresses, but most of the really good modern movies I've seen are either independent films or movies featuring old, established actors acting...well, old.

For NMS, you don't have to find another player. Just another player's base. Theoretically, that should mean it gets easier with time, because every new base that is added is another chance you have of coming across one. It's a huge time sink, but I kinda like games like that. Movie games, I call them. I watched a marathon while playing through NMS. 95% of the time will be spent in inventory screens anyway, buying items low and selling them high. Unless they patched that trick out. If they did, AVOID THIS GAME AT ALL COSTS.

Dwayne Johnson had to be charismatic because he was one of the top and dominant wrestlers at WWE. He knew how to put on a show. He was The Rock. Wrestlers like him and Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin had to be charismatic, because otherwise WWE would be boring.

I don't like John Cena and Brock Lesnar. They know WWE, they've been longtime wrestlers, but I honestly don't know if I can say they're as good as Dwayne Johnson. Personally I think the WWE mostly sucks these days. The whole "PG" thing hasn't worked out for them, it was a lot more engaging when WWE was rated TV-14. Because wrestlers could actually get away with real swearing, and showing a lot more blood on their face and body when they did their acts.

Sean Connery is excellent. Loved him in the Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford. He was the original James Bond, which is definitely an achievement to be proud of.

You're not wrong. Because apart from maybe a very select few, I can't name any young actor under the age of 30 whom I can say has loads of talent. The modern movies with the established actors have more going for them.

As a matter of fact I just went on IMDB today and I saw Meryl Steep and Tom Hanks starring in a new movie. Both have been in the business for decades. Both are very good in their profession.

I wish more people from my generation could live up to their names. Hayden Paniterre has shown a couple bright spots in roles she played. I honestly don't know if I can say she's one of the most talented of her time. I've seen a lot of her older material she did a decade ago and it was pretty lackluster.

Did like her in Until Dawn though.

Enjoyed Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson for their roles in Harry Potter. Can't say the same for other roles they were in.

Maybe it's because they're still young and have a lot to learn.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

lol yeah pretty much. Thank you for reining it back in again...pretty soon every reply was going to be a whole page...plus replies were taking like 30 minutes to compose :)

They really need an option to buy single team games.

Cable/Satellite providers need to come up with an a la cart option as well. I have like 300 channels and only watch like 8. I'm closer to canceling cable and living off Netflix/Prime/Hulu than waste the money on channels I don't watch. 

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Stewart and Colbert were Comedy Central, not SNL

I didn't mean to imply they were on SNL. I was just trying to say I appreciated their style of comedy more than SNL. I DVR'd and watched every episode for both of them from 2009 through the end of their respective runs.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Robin Williams was one of the best when it came to range.

Agreed. I feel like his acting ability far surpassed his ability as a stand up comic. He was a liitle to spastic on stage for me, but on film...he was fantastic.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Sean Connery is excellent. Loved him in the Indiana Jones movie with Harrison Ford. He was the original James Bond, which is definitely an achievement to be proud of.

I was actually named after Sean Connery lol The Last Crusade is my favorite Indiana Jones. He and Harrison Ford had amazing chemistry.

I've watched LPs of I Am Bread, and I actually considered it for platinum #100, but I don't think I'd be able to complete it. I don't like bad controls. Even if they're in jest.

I have a feeling I'm going to regret playing this game...but I have to admit I am very intrigued by it. It is definitely not a priority...but I'll get to it I'm sure. What are you working on right now? There haven't been quite as many updates since you finished EG.  

Edited by Br1ste
  • Like 1

Just to get this back to a manageable number of topics...

@Spaz I don't know if I've said this in this topic before -- would be surprised if I haven't -- but Robin Williams is my favorite actor of all time. I was devastated when he took his own life. I can't think of another celebrity who epitomized my childhood the way he did. Honestly, I'm still not sure I've accepted his death.

@Br1ste I've lived without cable most of my life. Wasn't allowed to watch much of it when I was younger, didn't want to watch it in my teenage years, cut it out to save money in college, and haven't seen much of a point in it since then. In fact, last year, I unplugged the cable box from my TV after the Super Bowl, and didn't plug it back until September. And that's of course when I was having all those issues getting it to work. But outside of the NFL, I don't see any reason to watch anything.

Though I did watch Deck the Halls with Matthew Broderick and Danny DeVito on TV on Christmas Eve. That's right. That crappy movie is what a year's worth of paying for cable got me.

My current games? Yeah, I haven't had much to talk about. I've just been popping on Sims 4 when I get home and letting it play itself for a few hours. I think everybody in my family is on their final career at this point. I need to max out a few more skills, earn one million Simoleons (hoping there's an easy way to do this, because I'm not even halfway there through normal gameplay), and marry the girl off four more times. After that, I don't really care, because the rest of the trophies are dumb. I'll just make a new game and knock those off some night when I get bored.

Believe it or not (and you will, because you probably already know what I'm about to say... and yet I'll put it in bold italics anyway), we're about to experience ANOTHER WINTER STORM. (Caps lock too, apparently.) I'm so glad too because I showed up at work 30 minutes early today. I guess that's what the commute is like when I'm not stuck behind snow plows and fishtailing down the road the whole time. There was one day during all of this that I came home and was legitimately sick from all the swerving my truck was doing. I really, really wish I still had my old car. That thing didn't care what the weather was doing.

Expect a lot of Setsuna this weekend.

Robin Williams is my favorite actor of all time. I was devastated when he took his own life. I can't think of another celebrity who epitomized my childhood the way he did. Honestly, I'm still not sure I've accepted his death.

My Wife and I were just talking about this. He was in soooo many of our favorite movies. From Mrs. Doubtfire and the Bird Cage to Good Will Hunting and What Dreams May Come...from Aladdin and Jumanji to Good Morning Vietnam and Insomnia...there were no limits to what he could do. I was really sad to hear that his suicide may have been the result of a rare brain disease. After he died, I bought a ton of his movies on Amazon Prime and we binged on Robin Williams for a couple weeks.

But outside of the NFL, I don't see any reason to watch anything.

Sports are the only thing that's keeping me with a cable box to be honest. I'm too lazy to try and find free streams on the internet and the network websites make you sign in through your cable provider. Prime started streaming the Thursday night games on Amazon and if they ever get Sunday games...my cable is gone.

My current games? Yeah, I haven't had much to talk about.

I guess every once in a while we run into those types of games where there is not much trophy progression until the end...then all of them pop in a short time. I'm about halfway through FFIX so I think I'll be popping more trophies pretty soon. 

Believe it or not (and you will, because you probably already know what I'm about to say... and yet I'll put it in bold italics anyway), we're about to experience ANOTHER WINTER STORM. (Caps lock too, apparently.) I'm so glad too because I showed up at work 30 minutes early today. I guess that's what the commute is like when I'm not stuck behind snow plows and fishtailing down the road the whole time. There was one day during all of this that I came home and was legitimately sick from all the swerving my truck was doing. I really, really wish I still had my old car. That thing didn't care what the weather was doing.

Wow...you'd think you lived at the north pole with all the snow you've been getting. We're supposed to get a biblical rain storm this weekend, that coupled with the snow from last week, may cause some coastal flooding. I live on a little bit of a hill so hopefully we'll be fine. I'm really surprised your car handled the snow better than your truck. Trucks have that reputation of powering through snow. My styling '99 Camry gets through most weather just fine. 

I love my Camry...it has so much personality. The driver's side lock is broken, so I have to lock and unlock my car from the passengers side. The rear passenger window was wired backwards so up is down and down is up. Only half of the night time dashboard lights work. I can't see my speedometer past 60 MPH. One of the window cleaner sprayers fell off and there are plenty of little dings from 285,000 miles worth of driving. I just need her to survive 20 more months until my wife's car is paid off. I would love if it could survive longer to save some money on a car payment, but I won't hold my breath. Despite all of its personality, it still drives well and gets about 28 mpg.

11 hours ago, Avalynch said:

Felt like I've barely progressed in Final Fantasy VII. RPG's have so much content.

Do you turn up the speed at all? I did it while grinding levels and it made it go much faster. Getting all the AP required for the master materia gets boring so that 4x (I think 4x) speed boost is a wonder for that. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:19 AM, Br1ste said:

Cable/Satellite providers need to come up with an a la cart option as well. I have like 300 channels and only watch like 8. I'm closer to canceling cable and living off Netflix/Prime/Hulu than waste the money on channels I don't watch. 

How do you still have cable/satellite at this point?

Completely meaningless to have it nowadays. I suppose people hold on to it for sports but even that is being more readily available via live streaming. Much, much better experience than you'll ever get on the cable.

I didn't mean to imply they were on SNL. I was just trying to say I appreciated their style of comedy more than SNL. I DVR'd and watched every episode for both of them from 2009 through the end of their respective runs.

I will admit they had more going for them than the cast of Saturday Night Live.

I started watching Jon Stewart in 2002. There is literally nothing on right now that compares to him. I already miss the man, and felt The Daily Show was an interesting take on politics.

Agreed. I feel like his acting ability far surpassed his ability as a stand up comic. He was a liitle to spastic on stage for me, but on film...he was fantastic.

My favorite moments from him were his guest appearances on the Johnny Carson show, which sadly most of us here were far too young to remember unless you happen to be close to 40 years old. A lot of comedians, especially nowadays have to have a script with them to be funny. That doesn't make them people with no talent, but this pretty much applies that they don't have all that good of ability to be funny just trying to be themselves. Robin Williams was able to pull this off with great success. I like people who can be hilariously funny without ever needing a script, because that shows a bit of talent.

Robin Williams was great with a script, whether it was comedy or a dramatic role, but he was just as great being himself. And sad to say, I think he is irreplaceable.

I have a feeling I'm going to regret playing this game...but I have to admit I am very intrigued by it. It is definitely not a priority...but I'll get to it I'm sure. What are you working on right now? There haven't been quite as many updates since you finished EG.  

I Am Bread looks to be too much of a niche difficult game for me to really get into. Surgeon Simulator looks a bit easier since you don't have to navigate entire sections as a piece of bread with horrid controls. Those ambulance operations looks pretty brutal though.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, Cassylvania said:

I don't know if I've said this in this topic before -- would be surprised if I haven't -- but Robin Williams is my favorite actor of all time. I was devastated when he took his own life. I can't think of another celebrity who epitomized my childhood the way he did. Honestly, I'm still not sure I've accepted his death.

I have to agree with you. He was very active and prominent in the 1980s and 1990s and kids like myself enjoyed watching the man do his act.

It always saddens me when a celebrity who is so beloved, talented and known by millions suddenly dies. The last time I was saddened by the loss of a celebrity prior to Robin Williams was Michael Jackson's death.

It may not be much longer for Sean Connery and Clint Eastwood. I will admit that Clint Eastwood's take on politics I don't exactly agree with and his "chair" act in 2012 made me lose a little respect for him. But you can't deny that both these actors have stood the test of time. Sean Connery with his James Bond films, and looking mightily attractive and sexy for the ladies. Clint Eastwood with the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, the single best western movie of all time. His Dirty Harry movies were pretty good too. He knew how to do action movies well.

There's not many of them left. I just saw Kirk Douglas the other night at the Golden Globe awards and I'm utterly amazed the man is still alive.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, Cassylvania said:

Sounds like the East Coast right now.

Here in the Pacific Northwest we've been getting a lot of mild weather in the past few years. I think the last time we actually had a situation where we had a winter storm was in early 2009. I had to call off work for several days, and actually had to shovel snow off my house and shop that year. Fun times.

18 hours ago, Br1ste said:

My Wife and I were just talking about this. He was in soooo many of our favorite movies. From Mrs. Doubtfire and the Bird Cage to Good Will Hunting and What Dreams May Come...from Aladdin and Jumanji to Good Morning Vietnam and Insomnia...there were no limits to what he could do. I was really sad to hear that his suicide may have been the result of a rare brain disease. After he died, I bought a ton of his movies on Amazon Prime and we binged on Robin Williams for a couple weeks.

Mrs. Doubtfire was a personal favorite of mine. Funny, but also serious at times since Robin Williams in the movie tried to be with his kids after being separated from his wife.

I wish someone in Hollywood or wherever would put his stand up comedy shows up on Netflix/Amazon Prime or at least on DVD/Blu-ray, if that hasn't been done already. I can watch those shows 100 times over and still laugh at them. I can't think of anything new today that has the same effect on me.

Edited by Spaz

On 8/21/2017 at 8:12 AM, RockyJokerPL said:

Well, if you want to I made a guide for this game (Stories: Tales of Destinies) on psnprofiles. Don't hesitate to use it. I prepared a table of all the endings and how to achieve them. Good luck! 

Might look into it. I downloaded that game from PSN in December when I was on an A-Z game list kick which I quickly killed(because I was trying to catch Shiny Pokemon to match and found Shiny Hunting to be the worst waste of Pokemon ever, but then I have no access to live-streaming with chat and therefore cannot do shiny hunting streams like the big names. :( )

Well, hi there, @CJ_Mystery. I saw from your trophy checklist that you started a new account to go for 100%. What were some of your favorite games on your old account(s), and do you plan to play those again? I've always said that if I was going to start a new account, I'd only play the absolute BEST games. That's kinda what I try to do now, but I sometimes feel the need to validate my PS Plus subscription by playing the crappy games they give us each month. I think I learned my lesson from Spy Chameleon and LiaDS, though.

Shiny Pokemon hunting, huh? My friend is doing that now. He keeps sending me pictures every time he catches one. I...don't really get it. I mean, back in the day, I thought shiny Pokemon were amazing, but now they're easier to find (I guess?) and the mystique is gone. The internet is partially to blame, I think. Shiny Pokemon were more fun before things like Youtube, Twitch, and social media turned it into a competition. I liked when it used to be a myth. Like, is there really such a thing as a shiny Pokemon? And what would they look like?

Nowadays, you can just do a Google search...

@Br1ste I only watched the fourth quarter and I wasn't really sure who I wanted to win. On one hand, it would've been nice if the Vikings had three home games in the playoffs. On the other, I think they have a much better chance of beating Nick Foles than Matt Ryan. A road game sucks, but they have no excuse not to win that game... But obviously my main concern right now is the Saints. I've been training myself all year to accept this loss, if it happens. It's been a great season, no matter what happens. They played better than anybody could have expected. There's no shame in losing to a legendary quarterback like Drew Brees. Absolutely no shame at all.

I imagine the Titans coach is saying similar things to his team in the locker room right now...

12 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I've been training myself all year to accept this loss, if it happens. It's been a great season, no matter what happens. They played better than anybody could have expected. There's no shame in losing to a legendary quarterback like Drew Brees. Absolutely no shame at all.

No no no! That's loser talk. Be gracious in defeat! Not resigned to failure before it starts!! I have a good feeling about the Vikings tonight...Kamara hasn't been quite the same since his concussion and the Vikings have one of the better secondaries. IF they lose... I agree with what you said, but think positively!!

I was happy with the Patriots effort last night. They got a few really bad calls go their way, but I don't think it made much of a difference in the outcome. It's the best Brady has looked in several weeks. Hopefully it carries over to next week. I have my day clear and I'm ready for two good games today. Good luck!!!

Edited by Br1ste

4 hours ago, Br1ste said:

No no no! That's loser talk. Be gracious in defeat! Not resigned to failure before it starts!! I have a good feeling about the Vikings tonight...Kamara hasn't been quite the same since his concussion and the Vikings have one of the better secondaries. IF they lose... I agree with what you said, but think positively!!

I was happy with the Patriots effort last night. They got a few really bad calls go their way, but I don't think it made much of a difference in the outcome. It's the best Brady has looked in several weeks. Hopefully it carries over to next week. I have my day clear and I'm ready for two good games today. Good luck!!!

Oh, I am thinking positive. That was mostly just an elaborate setup for a Titans joke. Though I've been a Vikings fan for a long time, and I remember the last time they played the Saints in the playoffs... I still have that hole in my wall. Right between the one for Joe Webb and Blair Walsh.

Honestly, though, assuming the Jags lose this first game, any potential Super Bowl match-up would be a good one. Putting on my Keenum jersey. It might be the only game where it's relevant, so I gotta make good use of it. Skol Vikes!

Edited by Cassylvania

47 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I still have that hole in my wall. Right between the one for Joe Webb and Blair Walsh.

lol, I have similarly placed holes for David Tyree and Mario Manningham...however I will say that Blair Walsh one was really brutal. Right up there with Billy Cundiff of the Ravens against the Pats a few years back.

The Jags look great so far...I think the Steelers were looking past them towards the Patriots next week and they just got punched in the mouth. They better wake up or this is going to be a blow out.

6 minutes ago, Br1ste said:

The Jags look great so far...I think the Steelers were looking past them towards the Patriots next week and they just got punched in the mouth. They better wake up or this is going to be a blow out.

Seriously. I can hear my neighbors screaming now.

I admit I haven't paid much attention to the Jaguars this year, but they came to play. If this keeps up, I think we can toss the Pennsylvania Bowl predictions out the window. (Not that I think the Eagles could beat the Vikings or Saints, but whatever.) Go...Jags?

Well that was unexpected. Tomlin made some bad decisions there and I have no idea why the Steelers weren't trying harder to get out of bounds. They wasted so much time at the end. Last minute good luck for you! Sorry it has to be Aikman and Buck calling it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Br1ste said:

Well that was unexpected. Tomlin made some bad decisions there and I have no idea why the Steelers weren't trying harder to get out of bounds. They wasted so much time at the end. Last minute good luck for you! Sorry it has to be Aikman and Buck calling it...

If the Vikings play like this, I don't even care if Collinsworth hops into the booth. This has been an amazing defensive performance so far. Just gotta keep Brees on the bench and chew up the clock. Oh, and maybe make all future field goals... Just a thought.

That stadium is rocking.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2017 at 1:24 AM, Spaz said:

Well to be frank, I stopped caring about South Park after the 4th or 5th season.

I don't ever plan on touching the South Park games at all despite them being RPGs and up my alley. The problem is they are also up my bunghole with more immature jokes about bodily functions and stuff that would make a Soccer Mom drop dead than I care to admit. This is not my prob, though; the games are a faithful reconstruction of the cartoon and the writers also helped make the games. If those two brothers want to see how far they can offend people before the government orders a cease-and-desist and throws them in jail for crimes against humanity, I won't judge them.

However, don't expect me to play their games because the content is so offensive I don't want to be in that world. *shrug* That's just me, if you loved the games that's great. :)

21 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Like, is there really such a thing as a shiny Pokemon? And what would they look like?

Yeah, I agree with you. Before shiny hunting became a fad, I used to try to make competitive Pokemon teams for fun. I had found a few shiny Pokemon like a shiny Gastrodon in Pearl and a shiny Audino in one copy of Pokemon White, but I agree that I don't feel the same reaction that those people have on Youtube when the shiny appears, I don't scream in shock and joy. :(

• Like 1

OK. I needed a full day to process all of that. I'm still not sure I can believe it.

Historically, no NFL team has been more notorious for choking than the Minnesota Vikings. Yes, the Bills lost four Super Bowls (so did the Vikings), the Lions have had their fair share of problems (but who cares, they have the Red Wings), and the Browns are...okay, they've had it bad too, but they haven't been in enough big games in the past 20 years to make my list...but the Vikings always seem to disappoint their fans, whether it be missed field goals, untimely interceptions, blocked punts, giving up a huge lead... You get the idea. This game had ALL of those. When I told you I had already come to accept a loss, I meant it. When they were up 17-0, I could not relax. I can't even begin to express to you how that feels as a fan of the Vikings. There is no "safe" zone.  There is no, "Oh, we have a comfortable lead. Time to sit back and enjoy my beer." There is only an awkwardness numbness, waiting for that other shoe to drop. It doesn't matter how good they look in that game, or how dominant they've been all season, the biggest stage has always been the time the Vikings will find a way to break your heart. So, when Drew Brees did what Drew Brees does, I had already accepted it. From that first TD in the third quarter to the Saints inevitably taking the lead, I had made peace. Multiple times. When they went up 21-20, I thought, "Okay. Case is good enough to get them into field goal range, but their defense HAS to step up on the next drive." When Brees completed that pass on 4th and 10, I didn't even consider them missing that field goal. I knew they had it before they even kicked the ball. And when the Vikings got the ball back with 25 seconds left to go -- and immediately followed it up with a false start -- I was ready to go to bed.

Instead, I spent the next three hours on social media, watching the reaction of Keenum-to-Diggs from Vikings fans all over the world. There's one video out there -- a sideline cam showing Diggs catching that ball and then running towards the end zone -- that gave me chills, just because of how loud the stadium got. From the throw to his catch to that sprint, the stadium just ERUPTED, and it only got louder. I'm STILL getting chills just thinking about that. Also, when they dragged the Saints players out of the locker room and made them stand them for that pointless PAT (dumbest rule in football, by the way), that skol chant that Case started... Probably the greatest thing I've ever seen in an NFL game. And that came after that ridiculous 61-yard touchdown.

I don't know what next weekend will bring, or even if Case will be their starter next year, but that game gives me all the validation I need to own his jersey. This is a game I will never, ever forget.

Skol Vikes!

• Like 1

I have to say, that was one of the most exciting endings to a game I have ever seen. I was getting ready to blame the officials on some blown calls on the Vikings bad luck for losing. Your receivers were getting mugged on each pass, and they weren't throwing flags. After the Saints converted that 4th and 10, I similarly thought the game was over. I'm not even a Vikings fan and when Keenum hit Diggs and Williams completely whiffed on the tackle, I was jumping up and down. I felt like the biggest play of the game before that pass was the Vikings D stopping Ingram on that 3rd and 1 to give them a chance to come back down the field. Other than the Patriots game, every game was pretty exciting and that game was an awesome way to cap off the weekend. I think Foles is going to have a real tough time next week and I think you guys have a really good chance to host the Super Bowl.

My favorite Williams meme so far is the one where he is sliding down the icy drive way. My wife thinks they are mean (and they are) but some of them are pretty good too. The kids a rookie and I think he'll bounce back ok.

that skol chant that Case started... Probably the greatest thing I've ever seen in an NFL game.

I agree. The only thing that I could think of that compared, was after the Boston Marathon Bombing, the Bruins fans singing the national anthem before the game with Rene Rancourt.

Historically, no NFL team has been more notorious for choking than the Minnesota Vikings. Yes, the Bills lost four Super Bowls (so did the Vikings), the Lions have had their fair share of problems (but who cares, they have the Red Wings), and the Browns are...okay, they've had it bad too, but they haven't been in enough big games in the past 20 years to make my list...but the Vikings always seem to disappoint their fans, whether it be missed field goals, untimely interceptions, blocked punts, giving up a huge lead... You get the idea. This game had ALL of those. When I told you I had already come to accept a loss, I meant it. When they were up 17-0, I could not relax. I can't even begin to express to you how that feels as a fan of the Vikings. There is no "safe" zone.

I am an old enough Red Sox fan where I can tell you I get how you feel here 100%. Pre-2004 World Series it was heartache after heartache. The past 15 years have wiped away all of that misery, but I do remember what it was like to constantly have your heart in your throat waiting for that inevitable moment of failure. While I'm still hoping the Pats win the Super Bowl...If they had to lose, I hope it's to the Vikings. I would hate to see you get to be that 100 year old lady, still waiting to see her team win :)

• Like 1

On 9/14/2017 at 1:08 AM, Avalynch said:

The plat's not worth it, don't willingly name yourself Douchebag 1f602.pnghaha. Some mean trophies. xD

Another reason I will never touch this game. The game forces you to customize your character in certain ways. Also, it involves meeting The Messiah and I am a devout Catholic who thinks that J.C. should not be toting Uzi guns. :P