Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

18 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Um, wow. I was joking about being a pyromaniac. I don't think I've ever set fire to something that wasn't a marshmallow or a sausage, unless I was in a controlled environment. That's the scientist in me, I guess.

lol fair enough! Those reckless days are long past for me. I still like looking at a fire but that's as far as it goes for me. However, a fire-crisped sausage sounds good right about now...

18 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I would recommend all of the Crash games wholeheartedly, and especially to you, Meat Boy lover.

Love....is a strong word. I enjoy the challenge of getting rare trophies, however mixed with my compulsion to finish each game to 100% and the challenge of SMB...this is more of a love-hate relationship. I will get it eventually...I think...but I'll need breaks. However, Crash games now seem like something I should be adding to my ever increasing stack of games to play.

18 hours ago, Spaz said:

Meat Boy on the other hand I've had to put in two to five days of dedication JUST TO BEAT ONE AREA. Zombie Boy took me three days of dedication, with hours of effort. Took me around 10 - 12 hours of effort total to get Zombie Boy.

I think I was about 10-12 hours on that one too. I should have had it a few times earlier than that, but something stupid would inevitably happen and I'd choke. I actually didn't realize I had done them all perfectly when it popped. I thought I still had a couple of levels to do when the trophy popped. I gently set the game down and have been trying to wrap up Space Hulk since. After Space Hulk...I'll tackle The Rapture and see how it goes. I may need to switch over from my Vita to the PS4 to finish it up.

19 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Speaking of horse shit, I've been continuing my *sigh* 36 playthroughs of Shantae HGH.

I saw Shantae on the mid-summer sale and considered picking it up, but I just have too much in my backlog now to add that to the list. Maybe there will be an event coming up that will make me add that. I saw the artist formerly known as @Toogie53 is making a Halloween event based around phobias...I just have to decide if being a genie is a fear of mine...I mean as you all know....PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS....itty bitty living space...so maybe claustrophobia..

I finished Mulaka last night and I would recommend it. Again, not going to win any awards or anything, but it was enjoyable and I had fun. Oddly enough, right after I posted above about the controls not having any issues. I fell through the game twice and had to reload a save. Both times involving the snake transformation too. The boss battles were pretty decent as well with some fun twists thrown in about how to beat them. Have a good weekend everyone!

• Like 1

Platinum #117 - Shantae Half-Genie Hero: Ultimate Edition

1L7f045b.png

I'm done. I've played through this game enough. For those of you attempting Hard Core mode, don't even bother collecting the Gallery Keys for the Magical Tiara. It doesn't give you unlimited magic. Fortunately, it's not THAT hard. They added a few extra enemies to certain sections, sped some things up (most notably the worm in Tassel Tower), and the bosses hit harder (especially Risky when she does her sword dash attack), but I still think it's easier overall than Pirate's Curse. Shantae's transformations are simply too OP for mere mortals.

I was very tempted to make this game my 125th platinum milestone, but (a) I didn't want to keep it around that long, and (b) I can't remember if this site still considers 125 a "real" milestone or not. Either way, purple hair has taken up enough of my milestones. We're moving onto bigger and better things!

• Like 4

I’ve been playing through The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt these past three weeks or so and I gotta say. It’s probably my favorite RPG and easily one of my favorite games in recent memory.

I have around 113 hours on my save file and I’m getting close to wrapping up the Hearts of Stone DLC. Haven’t even touched Blood and Wine and if it’s every bit as good as people say it is then thats another 25 - 30 hours of investment. 

Love every minute of it. 

Probably the the thing I appreciate the most is The Witcher universe is its own thing. I get fed up with all the crap Hollywood shoves down our throats. This years Spider-Man looks to be another rather generic looking adventure. You can probably replace Spider-Man with Batman and get the same kind of thing. The only variable is Spider-Man can be out and about during the day. 

Nothing in The Witcher 3 screams Hollywood and there is a lot of references to Polish and European culture through its story. Many of the characters are charming and don’t resemble your typical Hollywood cast. Yet it’s just as satisfying going after the Witcher contracts, tracking down the monster, using oils, potions and signs, and getting your coin as reward. 

Many quests have branching paths. I don’t know why many video games have gone down this route. Some of these paths have dire consequences which don’t become known until much later in the game. All the while taking in the environment, dealing with both Redania and Nilfguaard, and playing the card game Gwent.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2018 at 11:33 AM, Br1ste said:

I saw Shantae on the mid-summer sale and considered picking it up, but I just have too much in my backlog now to add that to the list. Maybe there will be an event coming up that will make me add that. I saw the artist formerly known as @Toogie53 is making a Halloween event based around phobias...I just have to decide if being a genie is a fear of mine...I mean as you all know....PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS....itty bitty living space...so maybe claustrophobia..

I mean, that's no more ridiculous than me playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 because of my fear of it not living up to the original... But definitely a good 2-D platformer, if you like those. The animations, music, and humor are just so upbeat. It's hard not to like it.

On 7/15/2018 at 3:08 AM, Spaz said:

I’ve been playing through The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt these past three weeks or so and I gotta say. It’s probably my favorite RPG and easily one of my favorite games in recent memory.

I wish I had played that last year instead of Skyrim for the sixth (!?) time. Would've been about the same amount of time, but at least it would've been something fresh. And you make it sound like it's very fresh. I'm curious how it compares to Dragon Age, since that's a series I'm more familiar with.

Well, I suppose I've been putting off Pyre/Firewatch long enough. I'm definitely going to get to them. Sometime. This week. I swear.

First, I just need to figure out what's going on in Camp Drama Island...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

I wish I had played that last year instead of Skyrim for the sixth (!?) time. Would've been about the same amount of time, but at least it would've been something fresh. And you make it sound like it's very fresh. I'm curious how it compares to Dragon Age, since that's a series I'm more familiar with.

Believe me, it’s good. CD Projekt Red definitely delivered. 

It’s a long game and it will probably take you 120+ hours or so to get everything done. It’s definitely worth it. 

Though I strongly recommend the Complete version since that comes with all DLC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jens said:

Its like getting your first vacation on a cruise ship ever and then it turns out to be the titanic.

Today was very busy for me at work and I didn't have a chance to check my phone or anything. When I got home, I saw everything was gone and was left wondering wtf happened? I saw that other thread that kind of explains it. Pretty disappointing that it turned out that way considering all the people involved and how everyone seemed to be enjoying it. I plan on finishing up the event anyways since I was having fun branching out and trying new things. It's kind of ironic that your usual 'Sundae Fundae' update was called 'Sunday Bloody Sundae' update this time and the whole event went down the tubes.

I'm having a lot of fun with Wolfenstein actually. It's not really all that hard, which is surprising to me since I was expecting to suck at this game. I'm only playing on normal for this play through so I'm sure that's a big factor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jens said:

Its like getting your first vacation on a cruise ship ever and then it turns out to be the titanic.

I haven't had time to read the whole topic yet, but it looks like a mess. Either way, I fully intend to continue with the event. My super secret project (it's been upgraded in light of this news) depends on it.

5 minutes ago, Br1ste said:

Today was very busy for me at work and I didn't have a chance to check my phone or anything. When I got home, I saw everything was gone and was left wondering wtf happened? I saw that other thread that kind of explains it. Pretty disappointing that it turned out that way considering all the people involved and how everyone seemed to be enjoying it. I plan on finishing up the event anyways since I was having fun branching out and trying new things. It's kind of ironic that your usual 'Sundae Fundae' update was called 'Sunday Bloody Sundae' update this time and the whole event went down the tubes.

I'm having a lot of fun with Wolfenstein actually. It's not really all that hard, which is surprising to me since I was expecting to suck at this game. I'm only playing on normal for this play through so I'm sure that's a big factor.

And I had a whole list of Sunday idioms left to use too...

Wolfenstein was a fun game. I get it (both The Old Blood and The New Order) mixed up with Metro 2033/Last Light in my head, but I don't remember it being terribly hard. There's one part where you're on a bridge and have to fight some giant robot dog that I remember struggling with...but not sure which game it's in. I think you have to beat it on the hardest setting, but at least you don't have to start over if you die (like Wolfenstein 2).

I don't think I'm going to play Wolf 2. Not so much because of the insane difficulty, but because most FPS games feel the same to me. I mean, I played four of them last year, and I honestly can't tell them apart. Still, I wanted to check off the classics, and I think I got most of them... Doom is another story.

I've been scanning the Mid-Year Sale. I really hate to spend more money that I don't have, but some of these deals are too good to pass up on. What helps, though, is knowing I already have my games planned out for the next month or so. That makes it less tempting to buy stuff, because I know I won't even get to it until likely November (assuming the Halloween event still happens)...

• Like 2

On 7/16/2018 at 9:52 PM, Cassylvania said:

And I had a whole list of Sunday idioms left to use too...

Well the good news is the slack has been picked up and we now have extra time and extra categories to complete :) Now your idioms won't end up on the scrap heap. I decided to add The Dwarves, which I bought for a couple bucks in January I think and Super Meat Boy because once I finally finish Space Hulk, I wanted my next Vita game to have a purpose. There is about a 3% chance I finish that one in time, but ehh.

Wolfenstein was a fun game. I get it (both The Old Blood and The New Order) mixed up with Metro 2033/Last Light in my head, but I don't remember it being terribly hard. There's one part where you're on a bridge and have to fight some giant robot dog that I remember struggling with...but not sure which game it's in. I think you have to beat it on the hardest setting, but at least you don't have to start over if you die (like Wolfenstein 2).

The biggest surprise for me is that there is an actual story. The last Wolfenstein I played was the original on PC back in the 90's when the guys shouted "Mein Leiben!" when you killed them. I wasn't expecting what I've got so far and they've done a pretty good job of diversifying the levels so they don't feel monotonous. I reached chapter 12 last night, so I think I have 5 left (including 12). I'm conflicted about whether to take advantage of the glitch with Uber mode so I can move on to my next game in camp, or to replay it all the way through on Uber. I've read it isn't terribly difficult, it'd just take a week or so out of another game. I still have a few days to decide though. 

Another thing I have been surprised about is all the sex in this game. It doesn't bother me or anything, it was just surprising. Most of the games I've played where sex has been involved, it is a more subtle nod...this was pretty explicit. At least it makes sense in the story and it doesn't really feel gratuitous. It kind of reminded me of the movie Enemy at the Gates with Ed Harris, Rachel Weisz and Jude Law (awesome movie btw if you like sniper/war movies.)

I'm not sure I need to play another FPS style game for a while since I'm sure it would start to blend together, but it's nice to know that I can play one from time to time and enjoy it.

I've been scanning the Mid-Year Sale. I really hate to spend more money that I don't have, but some of these deals are too good to pass up on. What helps, though, is knowing I already have my games planned out for the next month or so. That makes it less tempting to buy stuff, because I know I won't even get to it until likely November (assuming the Halloween event still happens)...

I've spent a little more money than I planned...I picked up The Witcher 3, BattleWorldsKronos, Lords of the Fallen, NeverEnd and Grim Fandango Remastered. I think all of that was like $50...I'm sure it was money well spent considering how awesome I've heard The Witcher 3 is and I think Grim Fandango was pretty well received as well. I took a flier on those other games. Which games did you pick up?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Br1ste said:

Well the good news is the slack has been picked up and we now have extra time and extra categories to complete :) Now your idioms won't end up on the scrap heap. I decided to add The Dwarves, which I bought for a couple bucks in January I think and Super Meat Boy because once I finally finish Space Hulk, I wanted my next Vita game to have a purpose. There is about a 3% chance I finish that one in time, but ehh.

I had The Dwarves in my cart a few days ago, but the sale ended before I could purchase it. You'll have to let me know how it is.

I think the only reason I wanted to buy it was because the trailer was kinda funny, but now I need to think of two other games to add to my list. Even with the extension, though, I'm not sure I'll get Kingdom Hearts finished in time. It's a very...long game. I'm sorta in a catch-22 right now, where I need to beat the game so I can upgrade my weapons/armor, but I can't beat the game unless I level up, but leveling up takes too long because I can't change my weapons/armor. I'm thinking of saving the game before the final boss(es), beating each form while using continues (which negates one trophy, but I can go back for it later), and getting Unchanging Armor (a very stupid trophy). With UA out of the way, I can load up the earlier save, slap on my best gear, and get to level 100...then beat the final boss again for Undefeated and Speedster. By then, I should have every trophy, except Proud Player.

I'm just glad I finished 100 Acre Woods. I've...never been a very big Winnie the Pooh fan.

The biggest surprise for me is that there is an actual story. The last Wolfenstein I played was the original on PC back in the 90's when the guys shouted "Mein Leiben!" when you killed them. I wasn't expecting what I've got so far and they've done a pretty good job of diversifying the levels so they don't feel monotonous. I reached chapter 12 last night, so I think I have 5 left (including 12). I'm conflicted about whether to take advantage of the glitch with Uber mode so I can move on to my next game in camp, or to replay it all the way through on Uber. I've read it isn't terribly difficult, it'd just take a week or so out of another game. I still have a few days to decide though.

I don't remember the game having a difficulty glitch, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use it. None of those FPS games I mentioned were particularly hard. I think it helps that I usually play games on the hardest setting, even if it's not for a trophy.

Some people like to play games on the easiest setting and then gradually increase the difficulty as they get better with the game, but I've always preferred the opposite. Spending your final hours with a game mowing through enemies that once gave you trouble is deeply satisfying, like zen for psychopaths.

I've spent a little more money than I planned...I picked up The Witcher 3, BattleWorldsKronos, Lords of the Fallen, NeverEnd and Grim Fandango Remastered. I think all of that was like $50...I'm sure it was money well spent considering how awesome I've heard The Witcher 3 is and I think Grim Fandango was pretty well received as well. I took a flier on those other games. Which games did you pick up?

I think I've already given my opinion of Grim Fandango here. If not: loved the story, hated the gameplay and puzzles. It is NOT a fun game to play without a strategy guide or walkthrough.

I picked up everything under $5 that looked interesting. I think I even stupidly bought a PSVR game, which honestly needs to come with a warning. I keep forgetting that virtual reality is a thing now.

I mean, not my thing. But somebody's. Still, I hate having to double check games all the time to make sure I can actually play them.

Some of the games I picked up are: Bard's Gold (which is on sale so often that they might as well just make it free), Beyond Eyes (because I'm a sucker for artsy games), Bastion, Burly Men at Sea, Chaos on Deponia (likely to be my Scavenger Hunt game), Extreme Exorcism (pretty sure I bought this on the name alone), Gryphon Knight Epic, Mecho Tales, NERO, and maybe a few others. There's like 110 games in my library, and I have no idea where most of them came from.

I suppose I need to get back into gaming, since I haven't done much this week. It's just been so nice outside.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Even with the extension, though, I'm not sure I'll get Kingdom Hearts finished in time. It's a very...long game. I'm sorta in a catch-22 right now, where I need to beat the game so I can upgrade my weapons/armor, but I can't beat the game unless I level up, but leveling up takes too long because I can't change my weapons/armor. I'm thinking of saving the game before the final boss(es), beating each form while using continues (which negates one trophy, but I can go back for it later), and getting Unchanging Armor (a very stupid trophy). With UA out of the way, I can load up the earlier save, slap on my best gear, and get to level 100...then beat the final boss again for Undefeated and Speedster. By then, I should have every trophy, except Proud Player.

I'm just glad I finished 100 Acre Woods. I've...never been a very big Winnie the Pooh fan.

Are you enjoying the game so far? Most people I've talked to absolutely love this series and it has been something I've been meaning to play for like fifteen years. You do not seem too enthused so far, but maybe since it's the first installment and it hasn't aged too well? It looks like you knocked quite a few of these trophies out yesterday so I guess that is encouraging.

I would say my biggest gripe with SE is some of their trophy choices for their games. I generally love everything they put out, but I look at their trophy lists sometimes and wonder wtf they were thinking. Like the Unchanging Armor...not sure exactly what purpose that serves but some of their games have trophies like that where I raise an eyebrow when I'm looking at it. Jumping rope in FFIX comes to mind. XCOM 2 also had a similar trophy, but I think you only had to play the last level with the base gear...not the whole game.

I think it helps that I usually play games on the hardest setting, even if it's not for a trophy.

I will generally do this as well when I'm playing games with difficulty related trophies to cut down on the number of playthroughs...but in this case I haven't played an FPS game since Golden Eye and figured I'd be rusty (I don't really count The Last of Us multiplayer, though I probably could.) I really haven't had too much trouble so far and probably could have gotten away with Uber from the start, but we'll see.

I don't remember the game having a difficulty glitch, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use it

Supposedly you can just replay the last chapter on Uber difficulty  and get that trophy. I've read in places where it doesn't work with the digital copy and I've read in places where it does work. I'm not going to go crazy trying to make it work, but I figure I'll replay the last mission only on Uber and see what happens. If it works great, I'll move on to The Dwarves or something, if not I'll do an Uber playthrough. I'll have all the collectibles by then, so I won't have to waste time looking for stuff.

I suppose I need to get back into gaming, since I haven't done much this week. It's just been so nice outside.

It had been insufferably humid for about a week in my area, but the last few days have been really nice and I too have been trying to go out and enjoy it.

Edited by Br1ste

3 hours ago, Br1ste said:

Are you enjoying the game so far? Most people I've talked to absolutely love this series and it has been something I've been meaning to play for like fifteen years. You do not seem too enthused so far, but maybe since it's the first installment and it hasn't aged too well? It looks like you knocked quite a few of these trophies out yesterday so I guess that is encouraging.

I would say my biggest gripe with SE is some of their trophy choices for their games. I generally love everything they put out, but I look at their trophy lists sometimes and wonder wtf they were thinking. Like the Unchanging Armor...not sure exactly what purpose that serves but some of their games have trophies like that where I raise an eyebrow when I'm looking at it. Jumping rope in FFIX comes to mind. XCOM 2 also had a similar trophy, but I think you only had to play the last level with the base gear...not the whole game.

Oh, I've been enjoying the game a lot. The controls are a bit clunky at times, but I'm guessing that's just a product of the early 2000's, when every game had to be a platformer. If I had to make a comparison, I would say it's a lot like Grim Fandango. The genres are different, but both games have an amazing narrative, great voice acting, good visuals (for their time), and...very unfortunate controls. I normally wouldn't even care about the latter, because I expect that with older games, but my God, developers -- don't center trophies around them. Why Grim Fandango has a trophy for playing the entire game with tank controls is beyond me. Kingdom Hearts didn't take it that far, but Unchanging Armor is...not a good trophy at all. I could understand it maybe if there was only one difficulty setting, but you're already asking the player to beat it on Proud -- why do they need to be handicapped further? It just gets VERY tedious chipping away at health bars. We're talking boss battles that sometimes take 20+ minutes just because your weapon is so weak. That's not to say long boss battles are bad, but there's a difference between being engaged with a fearsome monster for an extended period of time (as is the case with many Dark Souls bosses) and just spamming the X button until your thumb starts to bleed.

That said, I'm at least partially to blame. I realized yesterday that I've been collecting power-ups the whole game, but never used them. That increased some of my stats by almost 50%, and now it's like a whole new game. I beat Cloud with my eyes closed (seriously -- I think his health bar went from full to empty in the time it took me to blink once), and even the final boss and all his ridiculous forms were a joke. I'm...really pissed at myself for not noticing this sooner. I just so rarely looked in my items tab, because I knew using new gear was off limits.

Anyway, I still think Unchanging Armor is dumb. If you want a challenge mode in your game, just make a higher difficulty. At the very least, make it a separate mode on the main menu screen, because it would've been VERY easy to accidentally switch out my gear at any point in the game. That's...usually what I'm doing in RPGs...

4 hours ago, Br1ste said:

I will generally do this as well when I'm playing games with difficulty related trophies to cut down on the number of playthroughs...but in this case I haven't played an FPS game since Golden Eye and figured I'd be rusty (I don't really count The Last of Us multiplayer, though I probably could.) I really haven't had too much trouble so far and probably could have gotten away with Uber from the start, but we'll see.

I think the checkpoint system in that game is extremely generous. If it's the one I remember, you can just run to some checkpoints, ignoring most or all of the enemies in your way. You can also do just the opposite -- go extremely slowly, picking off enemies one by one, and only move forward when you know everybody is dead.

That's why I kinda like shooters. They offer many ways to handle every kind of situation.

4 hours ago, Br1ste said:

It had been insufferably humid for about a week in my area, but the last few days have been really nice and I too have been trying to go out and enjoy it.

I wanted to enjoy it while I can, because it's supposed to be bad all weekend. That should give me time to start a new game, though.

Probably going to start with Firewatch, since I should be able to finish that in a single sitting...

• Like 1

Not a fan of the new trophy layout.

Having the dates on the right looks unprofessional. I don't mind slight changes, like the last one where the website developer put in the percentages for how many people earned the platinum and the 100 percent. I thought that was good.

But here he just moved the dates over and moved the number of trophies for the games you've played under the percentage bars.

The only reason why he did this was for the sake of changing. Like we need a change every six months.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Not a fan of the new trophy layout.

Having the dates on the right looks unprofessional. I don't mind slight changes, like the last one where the website developer put in the percentages for how many people earned the platinum and the 100 percent. I thought that was good.

But here he just moved the dates over and moved the number of trophies for the games you've played under the percentage bars.

The only reason why he did this was for the sake of changing. Like we need a change every six months.

Kinda agree. When I saw the new layout, I immediately scrolled down to see if milestones had been changed, but they're still just as ugly as before. And the games look...naked. Did someone actually request this change?

I liked having the number of remaining trophies next to the game, so I knew how close I was to finishing each game... Now I have to scroll my eyes across the page and read that tiny font that's surrounded by other numbers. That won't get confusing at all.

So glad I only have a few unfinished games at any one time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Kinda agree. When I saw the new layout, I immediately scrolled down to see if milestones had been changed, but they're still just as ugly as before. And the games look...naked. Did someone actually request this change?

I liked having the number of remaining trophies next to the game, so I knew how close I was to finishing each game... Now I have to scroll my eyes across the page and read that tiny font that's surrounded by other numbers. That won't get confusing at all.

So glad I only have a few unfinished games at any one time.

1 minute ago, Kent said:

I have to agree, it looks pretty terrible. There was absolutely no reason for it and now it just looks cluttered and ugly. 

Have to agree with both of you.

The old trophy layout prior to December 2016 was alright. Didn't take long to get used to the layout when Sly changed the look of the website afterwards.

The dates look awful. This new change would be more acceptable to me if they placed it next to the avatar of the game. I'm a little colorblind too, and that green text is difficult for me to read when it's all by itself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

The dates look awful. This new change would be more acceptable to me if they placed it next to the avatar of the game. I'm a little colorblind too, and that green text is difficult for me to read when it's all by itself.

Do you use any color modifiers on your browser? I have something called Dark Reader, which mostly turns white background into black. I'm not sure if it would help with your color blindness, but it's a lot easier on my eyes.

This is what I'm looking at (and thinking while doing so):

4qXy65U.png

• Like 1

I can tell already you know what is better.

I suppose that empty space is there to fill up the website so it's considered full sized, but that doesn't mean new content can't be put there.

PSNTrophyLeaders in comparison looks better. It's another website I use to track my stats.

• Like 2

I assume putting a line through No Man's Sky is intentional?  :giggle:  Don't worry I would do that do (and I'm hoping the game doesn't get any further trophies with this next update)

With so many things that could've been improved on the website, these new changes seem a bit redundant.  I'm not a fan of change just for change sake.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I assume putting a line through No Man's Sky is intentional?  :giggle:  Don't worry I would do that do (and I'm hoping the game doesn't get any further trophies with this next update)

I want them off my profile. ?

It was nice last month when XCOM 2 was a free PS Plus game, because I ended up with two or three XCOM 2 trophies on that list. But with every passing week, they've been slipping, and I'm just praying that plat stays below 1.2%.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm probably going to have to make it one of my goals this year to knock all the NMS trophies off that list. It's not even that I dislike the game. I just don't want to be reminded of it every time I look at my profile.

But that truly is the ultimate catch-22, isn't it? How do you get a trophy at 0.6% rarity and not hate the sight of it? Hard, long, or RNG-based, you probably went through hell to get it, and you may never be the same again.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

With so many things that could've been improved on the website, these new changes seem a bit redundant.  I'm not a fan of change just for change sake.

The change happened around 12 AM UK time, which is 4 PM where I live. I didn't see anyone suggest a change and from what I can see it looks sloppy.

For one things are spaced too far apart and stuff is just cluttered on the right. Some of the text in the Trophy Milestones is now lowercase as opposed to uppercase.

This is why I wish there were some alternatives to our trophy lists. There is PSN Trophy Leaders, which I sometimes use, but it takes a week for my list to update on average.

This change was completely unnecessary. I would like to see new additions added, not stuff getting changed around to look worse than it did.

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I want them off my profile. 1f611.png

It was nice last month when XCOM 2 was a free PS Plus game, because I ended up with two or three XCOM 2 trophies on that list. But with every passing week, they've been slipping, and I'm just praying that plat stays below 1.2%.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm probably going to have to make it one of my goals this year to knock all the NMS trophies off that list. It's not even that I dislike the game. I just don't want to be reminded of it every time I look at my profile.

But that truly is the ultimate catch-22, isn't it? How do you get a trophy at 0.6% rarity and not hate the sight of it? Hard, long, or RNG-based, you probably went through hell to get it, and you may never be the same again.

You can take them off by hiding the game from your profile. Of course that leaves you with an ugly blue icon.

I will never understand people who hide hundreds of trophies from their profiles. This is not Instagram or Facebook where your privacy can and will be invaded. This is a gaming website, and hiding trophies because someone is ashamed of them is just silly.

Just because something is rare doesn't mean it is difficult, long or RNG-based. This is probably true for most sub 1 percent trophies, but not always.

And I must state that you should be enjoying the games you play and feeling accomplished at the trophies you've earned. Going after something because it's rare in my opinion just isn't the way to do it.

For a little while I went after very easy point and click games. But I quickly found that I wasn't enjoying playing them, because they were literally just clicking and skipping a whole bunch of dialog just so I can gain the trophies faster. Since September or so I decided to play the games I WANT to play and not because somebody recommended a game to me or that it was overly easy or difficult.

It's entirely up to you on whether or not to hide No Man's Sky. I feel people are being far too technical with trophies here. Super Meat Boy has among my rarest trophies but I didn't feel like I went through hell to obtain them. Sure, the game is difficult as fuck and I had to take regular breaks but I don't feel bad for being reminded of them.

Edited by Spaz

41 minutes ago, Spaz said:

It's entirely up to you on whether or not to hide No Man's Sky. I feel people are being far too technical with trophies here. Super Meat Boy has among my rarest trophies but I didn't feel like I went through hell to obtain them. Sure, the game is difficult as fuck and I had to take regular breaks but I don't feel bad for being reminded of them.

Oh, I'm not going to hide any game I play. I did the work, put in the time, got the trophies -- what's done is done. I just don't like that No Man's Sky is the first thing I see every time I look at my profile. Still, I can't hate on the Rarest Trophies box. At least it's based on something meaningful and practical. Not like the Trophy Milestones box, which is completely disorganized, ugly, and unable to ever be changed or customized (except when they randomly decide to reassign milestones to arbitrary numbers, despite nobody asking for or wanting that).

Either way, it's no big. I will continue to scoff at the new milestone system, while also planning out No Man's Sky's demise. But that will have to wait until after the summer event -- and inevitable and subsequent Halloween event -- are through.

Did I mention I'm drawing a picture for summer camp?

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I want them off my profile. 1f611.png

I have to say I agree on the catch-22.  I went on this whole kick last year where I wanted to get some UR plats and learned that sometimes a game can be UR just because it's a bad game (Super Dungeon Bros)  That creeps into my rarest trophies every now and then, and I absolutely detest the sight of it.

I saw you mention about your summer camp picture and I'm definitely curious, assume you will be posting it in the camp thread once it's finished?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I have to say I agree on the catch-22.  I went on this whole kick last year where I wanted to get some UR plats and learned that sometimes a game can be UR just because it's a bad game (Super Dungeon Bros)  That creeps into my rarest trophies every now and then, and I absolutely detest the sight of it.

Yeah, that too. (In fact, it's on your list right now!)

I suppose it's possible to get UR rare trophies that you really like. The rest of my top 20 is full of trophies from XCOM 2 and Darkest Dungeon -- two of my favorite games on the system -- and, for some reason, Grand Kingdom. Not really sure why that one is in there... Sure, it can be a grind, but I thought the game was pretty fun, and it's not like any of them are hard.

I'm going to come up with some kind of strategy to beat out NMS. My hope, though, is when they come out with the next update, they introduce some kind of mechanic that makes the DLC trophies much easier to obtain. (And, you know, NOT INTRODUCE ANY MORE TROPHIES.) That would allow other players to get their trophies, and I could just kick back and watch their rarity plummet.

For now, though, I'll settle for XCOM 2's rarity hovering around 1%.

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

I saw you mention about your summer camp picture and I'm definitely curious, assume you will be posting it in the camp thread once it's finished?

I'll post it here and there.

I was actually really annoyed when I found out the event had been cancelled. I had spent a good amount of time that weekend sketching out all of my ideas, and now I'm going to have to change several things in the picture that have already been colored. Fortunately, I decided to draw references to the games I've been playing, and not the people in my cabin. We're already down by five players. I was joking with my Hunger Games reference, but maybe I wasn't that far off...

Anyway, I've been kicking ass in KH. Now that I've beaten the game and can freely switch out my gear, it's been raining EXP and synthesis items. I'm up to level 90, and I only have six items left to craft. Other than that, just need to track down the remaining trinities (wish there was a way to see which ones you already have), complete a level 3 gummi ship mission (so glad the blueprint trophy was made easier on the PS4 version), and, of course, Speedster and Proud Player.

I'm not going to play this ALL weekend, because I eventually want to get to Firewatch, but get ready for my trophy count to rise!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, that too. (In fact, it's on your list right now!)

I suppose it's possible to get UR rare trophies that you really like. The rest of my top 20 is full of trophies from XCOM 2 and Darkest Dungeon -- two of my favorite games on the system -- and, for some reason, Grand Kingdom. Not really sure why that one is in there... Sure, it can be a grind, but I thought the game was pretty fun, and it's not like any of them are hard.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Grand Kingdom, I intend on playing it as part of my platinum pyramid.  I'm guessing it might be UR due to being on PS+ - seems that ends up the case with a lot of games.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the picture you have drawn, I think even though players have dropped they will for sure appreciate the sentiment and the effort you put into it.

Congrats on all that Kingdom Hearts progress :D  I definitely agree that Unchanging Armor is such a lame trophy and I'm glad that they didn't do that with the other games.

• Like 1