Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

Oh oh, can I please have my own vegetable farm to care about like Ava? Pretty please? I promise not to abuse the power probably to be received from thee and not to plant any mutated cauliflowers or eggplants from Chernobyl or Hiroshima (or from post apocalyptic Moscow, haha, joke on topic). 

Until Dawn? Finished the game on my birthday last year (June is a pretty anti-climatic month for horrors set in ski lodge during winter season). I enjoyed the game so much. The pretty graphics, voice acting (so good I had to change to original English, couldn't bear Polish voice acting) and the ambience. The jumpscares in the first half of the game were obnoxious. It's good once, twice, maybe three times during 4 hours, BUT NOT A DOZEN! This is NOT how you scare. It is cheap, it is not fun and it harms the immersion. Not cool Supermassive Games, not cool. 
The second half was very good fortunately, because it started to make you anxious about your next move and what's waiting around the corner. This I commend.  

When it comes to Never Alone, I do not have good memories regarding this little platformer. For me the controls were kind of clunky and the fox's AI was more AS than AI - Artificial Stupidity. Especially during the boss encounter (the humanoid mother- ... ekhm, lover). I nearly threw my controller into the wall. The DLC? Must have been lame as I do not remember a single thing about it.
The only good thing about Never Alone were the soundtrack, the art style and the story (partially). 

Once I get permitted to post my small updates here I will post my first small update here... that doesn't sound right, does it? Well, let's leave it like that. At least you'll have something to laugh at. This is what happens when English isn't your first language and you are so tired your car could use you as a spare. Get it? TIREd? No? Ehhhh...

PS
The intro music to Until Dawn is THE BEST !

Edited by RockyJokerPL
  • Like 2

@RockyJokerPL Sure! We can put you in charge of the eggplants. You seem like an eggplant kind of guy. And that really is an awesome song. I bought it just because of that game.

I had a busy Labor Day (ironic, I know), so I'm not sure how much time I'll have for Last Light tonight. I'll try to put in a couple hours before bed. My sleep schedule is kinda "eh, whatever" right now, but I do want to mention that I managed to finish my tenth epic quest in PvZ: GW2 last night (earning me that annoying Really Epic! trophy). I hadn't really been keeping track of how many epic quests I had done up to that point, so it's nice to have that out of the way. Unfortunately, I STILL can't open my fourth rainbow chest. I have no idea why the developers thought it was a good idea to cap your rainbow stars at 50, when it costs 50 stars just to open the chest. I've probably earned an extra 100 stars this weekend just from that Spooky Squash event (which I'm going to have to earn again to open the final chest). So dumb.

• Like 2

This game continues to get more horrifying. I wasn't sure if it would really fit the Halloween theme, but I'm definitely disturbed by the events that just took place. Maybe not Spec Ops: The Line levels of disturbed, but not every game can make us want to quit playing (in a good way). According to the collectibles guide I am using, I should be near the end of the game now, but I don't want to stay up all night to finish it. Once I do, we need to decide if we want to play it through a second time for the evil ending, skip ahead to the DLC missions, or play a happier game to stop making me so damn depressed.

Progress on September 4, 2017:

Metro: Last Light Redux - 4 trophies

Overall progress

1. The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23/25) **READY TO PLAT**
  2. Metro: Last Light Redux (22/50)
Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

With Cassylvania's consent I am now officially claiming Eggplant Farm for my own. Neither did I swear fealty to Cassylvania nor did I bribe him. The Great White Rabbit presented me with this swath of land and I shall defend it with my Platinum Collection.  I vow to keep it safe from evilness, Predator Broccoli and droughts. May the whole community following this thread aid me in my devoir and I shall promise them a light of hope in their ordeal to make the plats rain. Those who refuse to aid me, blaspheme against The Great White Rabbit or disobey him, shall be banished from existance by an eggplant stuffed with gunpowder and their names shall be derided for centuries to come. 

Damn, what an intro! 
I will try your way Cassylvania and do my best to make my posts as pleasant to read like yours are. 

I don't have as much time as I would like to have (school started, high school to be exact - last year, to share my suffering with you in even greater detail) so I will be playing only on weekends. Thus, I will have five days to publish an update, which is enough for me. On the evenings of every Labor Day I will work on my game project as I would LOVE to become a game developer one day. For anybody curious I am using Unreal Engine 4 and I have no online courses. I learn everything from YouTube, Google, Unreal Forums and the invincible method of trial-and-error. Should you be even more intrigued and have more questions feel free to ask me. 

UPDATE #1   05.09.2017

On Saturday I thought to myself: "Let's finish God of War II before Monday.". I left it for some time and felt like I had to finish the game already. I sat down with beer and snacks ang began to play. I only had half of the story to finish so I did it in no time. It was really late (everybody normal was sleeping already) but I was down to two trophies to unlock the platinum: Bleeding Thumbs (for completing the Challenges of the gods) and Eye Sore (for ripping out 20 cyclops eyes). Obviously, I couldn't just go to sleep with two trophies remaining. I beat all Challenges in one hour (I did REALLY bad on the last one, on which I spent about 15 minutes) and quickly farmed the remaining 15 eyes on the arena. Got the plat, turned off the PS3, went to bed, slept a bunch.

On Sunday I thought to myself: "Let's take on Get Even as my next plat.". I completed the game a few days after I bought it on release date, but still had trophies to gain for the plat. What I did on Sunday was gather all collectibles and unlock all secret memories. After that I got some miscallenous trophies and now I am down to only one trophy - getting the True Ending. I have to complete the game without killing anyone, pure sneaky skills. I plan to finish it on this week's weekend. Who knows? Maybe if I'm quick enough I could complete Child of Light as well. We'll see. 

List of Eggplant Farm Games

God of War II (PS3) - DONE (100%)

Get Even (PS4) - NOT YET DONE (91%)

Edited by RockyJokerPL
  • Like 2

Very entertaining post, @RockyJokerPL. I'm glad I put the right eggplant man (or eggman plant?) on the job. I look forward to your weekly updates. As for your most recent update... Well, I don't know what Get Even is, but Child of Light is an awesome game (and probably deserving of a platinum), and I believe I platinumed GoW2 on my old account, or at least came close to it. And Bleeding Thumbs is right. That was an excruciatingly painful trophy. The only button-masher I can think of that compares is the final boss in Axiom Verge, which damn near broke me...and caused me almost break my controller as well. Every time I pick it up now, I'm reminded of how hard I threw it against the floor. Ah, the memories...

As for me, I finished Metro earlier today. It's interesting to me that this game seemed more focused on stealth than the original. Of course, I didn't play it as a stealth game, but I like the effort. I also started my "be an asshole" playthrough (mostly because I can rush through everything while watching YouTube), but I stopped when I got to the marsh because that dank place is the most jank place in video game history. If there's one thing I don't like about this game...well, it's unskippable cutscenes...but if there's a second thing, it's that you often find yourself running in circles while trying to figure out where to go next. It doesn't happen that the game is perpetually dark either.

Since we're making pretty good progress on the 13 spooks, I might take a break to work on Crash for a little bit. My thought here is that if I can get to 87 platinums before October 31, we can potentially hit platinum #100 on Halloween. Yes, that would mean an extra nine platinums, but we're practically there with PvZ: GW2, and that Crash game has three platinum trophies. Add in that annoying Chameleon game I got going (hooray, more stealth...), and we'd only need three more games.

I still don't think it's likely, but you should always shoot for the moon. Speaking of, full moon tonight. That just makes it an easier target.

Progress on September 5, 2017:

Metro: Last Light Redux - 13 trophies

Overall progress

2. Metro: Last Light Redux (35/50)
Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

@Cassylvania Don't burn yourself out, that's a lot of platinums. ?

Finished Never Alone, and began playing Shadwen today. Very disappointed, object physics are weird, enemy AI can be annoying, cutscenes aren't animated, and I found the tutorial to be pretty awful. Got through the first parkour segment during the tutorial by jumping into the rock wall repeatably, and climbing it to the point where I could make the next jump (Which I don't think the game wanted me to do). What I've liked in the game so far; art, and sound in the cutscenes are decent, and rewinding time practically replace checkpoints. Looks like an easy platinum, but not a very fun game.

• Like 1

@Avalynch You're probably right. I think we'll save platinum #100 for the end of the year. No sense rushing through a bunch of potentially good games just to get some silly milestone. We should make this fun.

(And no, I'm not just saying this because I played Crash last night and spent two hours trying to beat the time trial in Road to Nowhere.)

Sounds like I should avoid this Shadwen game. That was kinda the impression I got from watching a few minutes of gameplay, but it's good to have that confirmation. We'll have to look elsewhere for our remaining spooky games!

• Like 1

Shadwen isn't even a bit spooky. I have to finish it as well. Meh, maybe some time soon. 
I saw that your list of spooky games isn't made of typical horror games. At first I thought you were going fully horror theme games, but now I see you didn't (neither The Escapists nor Metro is a horror game). With that in mind I might have a list of spooky / disturbing / horror / thriller / mysterious games to choose from for you:

• Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (With Platinum)
  • The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (With Platinum)
  • DOOM (With Platinum)
  • Outlast (No Platinum)
  • Outlast 2 (With Platinum)
  • SOMA (No Platinum)
  • Dying Light (With Platinum)
  • Layers of Fear (No Platinum)
  • Zombie Vikings (With Platinum)
  • The Evil Within (With Platinum)
  • Zombi (With Platinum)
  • Zombie Army Trilogy (With Platinum)
  • Don't Starve: Console Edition (No Platinum)
  • Don't Starve Together (With Platinum)
  • Get Even (With Platinum)

Sorry if I listed a game you already have completed or chosen as one of 13 Spooky Games. Games in Bold are games I highly recommend playing regardless of the event.

Edited by RockyJokerPL
  • Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions, @RockyJokerPL! I have considered some of these. For the purposes of this event, I'd like to focus on games with platinums, since I think 13 platinums is doable. I'm also trying do a variety of games, which is why I'm not going full horror. (And I'm trying to save the scarier games for October.) But among the ones you listed...

I love Don't Stave. I played the original a lot for PC. I actually own it for PS4 but haven't played it yet because I hate the luck-based trophy. I also own DST, so that's a possibility, but I'm not sure I have time to complete it during this event. I'll certainly get to it someday, though.

Dying Light is a possibility. I have very mixed feelings about Dead Island, so I'm curious to see what kind of improvements they made. I haven't checked the trophy list, but I'm guessing it's a fairly long platinum. I've also decided The Evil Within will be my "main" spooky game this year, so I'm not sure if I'll have time for two lengthy plays.

I'm purposely avoiding DOOM because of MP trophies. As awesome as the game looks, I can't stand boosting anymore.

Binding of Isaac looks way too hard.

Outlast 2 is tempting, but it suffers the same fate as the new TWD game (i.e. having to play through a platinum-less prequel first). Not enough time for that.

I do own ZOMBI from a past PS+ month. I believe it's a 20-25 hour platinum, which is doable. I know nothing about the game, though.

The others I'll have to look into. I've been meaning to check out reviews for Hellblade, and I guess I'll look into Get Even as well. We still have several spots open for more games.

• Like 1

If you decide to play Dying Light I can help you get MP trophies. However we will need two more people. Hope you have some up your sleeve.

You shouldn't be avoiding a great game just because it has no platinum. Outlast is really a must play for all horror lovers. If you decide to 100% them both then be ready for a challenge. 

Zombi is clunky (I should become a rapper) and it takes some time getting used to. But after you understood the mechanics the game can be pretty enjoyable. You HAVE to finish it three times on all difficulties as they don't stack.

• Like 1

@RockyJokerPL Oh, I'm not avoiding it because it doesn't have a platinum. I'm just saying I won't have time for it during this event, where I'm already trying to complete 13 games with a platinum. That's why I'm waiting on TWD: Season 2. Once the event is over, I'll have time for other games. (Which will likely be the new XCOM 2 expansion, which releases next week.)

I'll keep you in mind for Dying Light. I suspect other people in this event have that game on their list, so maybe it could be a group thing.

We'll put ZOMBI near the bottom of the list for now. Playing through a game three times in such a short amount of time does not sound like fun.

That's also why White Day will probably not make the cut.

• Like 1

@Cassylvania Oh, OK, I get it. You understood I told you to play it for the event. I wrote you should play it regardless of the event. I meant that you should play it but didn't specify the time and date. I don't even know why would I do that. It's your game carrier. Live it as you like, right? 

I put in Bold all games I recommend. They just fit in with the event but it doesn't mean you have to play them now. Maybe I made it ambiguous, but I hope I cleared things out for you ;)

• Like 1

No worries. I plan to get to all great games eventually. There are so many in my backlog already.

Well, I finished my asshole playthrough in Metro: Last Light tonight. The game is actually really short is you simply rush through every level. You can avoid a surprising number of combat areas that way, but you need to remember to stock up on ammo and filters, especially before the major boss fights. I think they give you some ammo during the fights, but I'm not sure it's enough to actually defeat the boss. I wonder if it's possible to get stuck in a no-win situation in this game.

Would I recommend this game? I'm not sure. It's a bit like The Escapists: TWD, where you're probably better off just playing the original and seeing if you like the concept first. The difference is that The Escapists: TWD is a watered-down version of the original, whereas Last Light has major spoilers if you don't play Metro 2033 first. The other difference is that Last Light plays like pretty much every other FPS out there, so it's hard to separate it from all the Wolfendooms and BioSteins out there. Of course, if you like shooting ugly monsters down dark corridors in post-apocalyptic worlds, then you'll feel right at home with this one. It certainly does that part well.

I avoided getting the Cheers! trophy, which requires getting my character completely wasted and trashing a bar, as I feel that's the perfect platinum trigger on Halloween. We still need to do the nine challenge levels, though, so I guess we'll get to see if they live up to the hype. Heard some bad things about that Tower level.

Progress on September 6, 2017:

Metro: Last Light Redux - 4 trophies

Overall progress

2. Metro: Last Light Redux (39/50)
  • Like 1

Okay, it's time to get back to our main event! Because it came free with the pre-order of the new South Park game, I have decided to make South Park: The Stick of Truth the next Halloween-themed game. Because it's about playing dress-up. It's unlikely we'll have time for the sequel (which doesn't release until October 17), but this looks like a fairly short -- and disgusting -- game. Ah, to be young again!

I'm playing as a Jew.

Game #3 - SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH (10/51 trophies)

Progress on September 10, 2017:

South Park: The Stick of Truth - 10 trophies

Overall progress

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (10/51)
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, RockyJokerPL said:

South Park The Stick of Truth is gorgeous. I am looking forward to playing The Fractured But Whole. My preorder has been made, now to wait until October 17th (hopefully they don't call off the release again)

Yeah, those delays are one of the reasons I've avoided this series for so long. The other is my aversion to TV show/movie-based games. I made an exception for this one, though, because I heard it was good and I know the creators played a major role in making the game. That's always nice to see. I only played it for a few hours yesterday, but their influence was clear. The combat reminds me of Paper Mario.

And for those of you into American football, my Minnesota Vikings play tonight! So I likely won't get much gaming done.

• Like 1

Today was a good day. The Vikings win, and I got a few trophies. In order to keep on schedule, we need to be ready to platinum at least six games by the end of September, which means we should have at least three games wrapped up by the end of this week. I don't plan to play a ton of video games this week, so we'll mostly focus on finishing South Park and those challenge rooms in Metro. We might also begin The Deadly Tower of Monsters, which should be good for a quick platinum...

Progress on September 11, 2017:

South Park: The Stick of Truth - 5 trophies

Overall progress

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (15/51)
  • Like 1

Good job on the Metro games. I've heard a lot of good things about them. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. 

Since you're a completionist you may struggle with DOOM. But the base game looks fairly easy. I wish I didn't have a bad connection because I would of finished those multiplayer trophies.

Great work man. I appreciate the long winded, detailed responses you write. Really appreciate that since a lot of people don't do that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Good job on the Metro games. I've heard a lot of good things about them. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. 

Since you're a completionist you may struggle with DOOM. But the base game looks fairly easy. I wish I didn't have a bad connection because I would of finished those multiplayer trophies.

Great work man. I appreciate the long winded, detailed responses you write. Really appreciate that since a lot of people don't do that.

Thanks so much! I liked both of the Metro games, but I think the Wolfenstein games are just slightly better. They're all good, though. DOOM was on my radar for a while. I may play through the single player campaign at some point (maybe with the new computer I just bought), but I can't commit to MP trophies anymore. They suck the life out of me!

We're going to need to make some serious progress on this Halloween event this week, so I'll be plugging away at South Park all night! Even thinking about popping on the show and having a SP marathon while I play.

• Like 1

I hope you get the new Wolfenstein game. Completely excited for that. Also looking forward to the new Metro title. 

I may may even get Middle Earth Shadow of War even with all that bullshit regarding micro transactions. I'll play it the way it was meant to be played. I won't have real life currency dictate how powerful my character is or how much progress I make in the game. 

Finally, I will get Assassins Creed Origins. Looks like Ubisoft is continuing the single player approach they did with Syndicate two years ago. Makes it less of a hassle for me to 100 percent the game. 

The Evil Within 2 looks pretty promising, but considering I haven't even played the first game I will hold off on that. There's no doubt Shinji Mikami does fantastic work. I have three Resident Evil games to play and I have Vanquish. 

Not sure what to think of Knack 2. I avoided the first game because everyone complained about the multiple playthroughs needed to get Diamond Knack. I absolutely hate luck based trophies.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

@Spaz I'll certainly pick up the new Wolfenstein game sometime. Unfortunately, it doesn't release until Halloween, so I can't use it for this event and I'm not likely to play it in November/December, when I'm trying desperately to reach 100% trophy completion for the first time ever. The other games you mentioned all look good. I really liked the first Middle of Earth game, I've...admittedly never played an Assassin's Creed game, but I've always been meaning to...and The Evil Within is one of the games I'm already planning for the 13 spooks. We'll see if I like it enough to play the sequel. Never played Knack because I heard it wasn't very good. It's one of those games I have on my backlog, but I'll never get to because there are so many other games I'd rather play.

Well, I finished The Stick of Truth! I missed several trophies, but I don't think I missed anything that will require an entirely new playthrough. I was very careful about that. Made about 20 backup saves too, just in case.

My new PC arrives tomorrow, so I'll be spending most of the day trying to set that thing up. I might knock out a few miscellaneous trophies before we move onto Deadly Tower. I've also been working a little on the Crash 1 time trials and gems. I have 13 time trials and 18 gems to go. I'm not sure which one I hate completing more. I think it's the gems, to be quite honest, because I'd rather rush through a level than be forced to collect every item -- especially when dying means having to restart the entire level and do it all over again. Fortunately, I only have four levels left like that. The rest allow me to use checkpoints.

Progress on September 12, 2017:

South Park: The Stick of Truth - 16 trophies

Overall progress

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (31/51)
  • Like 1

Well to be frank, I stopped caring about South Park after the 4th or 5th season. The jokes are old and stale and I fail to see why it's still insanely popular. Same thing with Family Guy. The Simpsons on the other hand stopped being good about 20 years ago, and has since used up every possible conceivable pop culture reference and *insert celebrity guest star character* Matt Groening and company could get their hands on. It has no reason to get new episodes, just end the series.

Anyone who collects DVD and Blu-ray sets for a hobby, they better have a lot of cash on them for The Simpsons. 

Not really a fan of South Park, and why I haven't touched the game.

Crash Bandicoot will probably be piss easy for me after playing through Super Meat Boy and a slew of NES/SNES platformers growing up. 

• Like 1