Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

31 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Double trouble! Both excellent, must play games.

Platinum #110 - A Hat in Time

1Lcef974.png

Platinum #111 - Life is Strange: Before the Storm

1Lb9cb92.png

Both look amazing. On my side of things, been having a bit of trouble with the PS4 shutting off, and not powering on randomly. Also broke the HDMI port on the TV (Pushed it in) because we switch between PS3 & PS4 a lot. Began MGS V: The Phantom Pain recently. Great PS Plus game. Might have to redo the game for the trophy to be a hero. Having way too much fun killing people (Am I evil?). Currently on the next trophy mission Where do the bees sleeo, or something like that. It's a crazy mission!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Avalynch said:

Both look amazing. On my side of things, been having a bit of trouble with the PS4 shutting off, and not powering on randomly. Also broke the HDMI port on the TV (Pushed it in) because we switch between PS3 & PS4 a lot. Began MGS V: The Phantom Pain recently. Great PS Plus game. Might have to redo the game for the trophy to be a hero. Having way too much fun killing people (Am I evil?). Currently on the next trophy mission Where do the bees sleeo, or something like that. It's a crazy mission!

My PS4 is giving me fits too. I've opened it up and cleaned it out twice now. It'll run quiet for a couple of days, and then sound like a jet engine again. Sometimes I don't even notice how loud it is until I shut off the PS4 and notice how I can finally hear myself think.

I'm trying to justify the purchase of a new PS4. Technically, it's my sister's, so this could be like my chance to have my own console, and having two of them would be kinda nice for co-op games. We only have one pathetic excuse for a spare TV for that, but it's something. And yet, it's hard to put any money towards a second PS4 when the Switch is out there, just waiting for me to explore all of its games. And let's not forget a PS3. If I could ever replace my broken PS3, a whole SUITE of games becomes available to me, including the Mass Effect trilogy and the original XCOM. I'd be set for years.

That's the dilemma I've been in for a while now.

Anyway, the purple-haired genie is all that stands between me and 100%. But I also noticed something very interesting. Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition has a separate trophy list from HGH. And it's not just a stack. They're brand new trophies, with different requirements and images than the original game. Normally, I don't advocate for stacking games -- even if it's not really a stack -- but that opens up all sorts of doors for future milestones. Two of them even have Rottytops in them.

Unfortunately, that's a LOT of Shantae to commit myself too. I like the game, but damn. How many times do I want to play through it?

On the other hand, there's not much to do until the summer event begins on June 1...

• Like 1

Wow, um, so apparently the new HGH DLC is hard as a SOB. You basically have to play through every stage (again...) in each of Shantae's three new costumes. I chose ninja first because, well, pirates vs. ninjas, but I didn't expect it to turn into Ninja Gaiden. The Twitch and Vinegar fight is particularly annoying. If you die, it takes you ALLLLLL the way back to the beginning of the stage, which is an annoying auto-scroller level. Can't tell you how much I love that. There's also, naturally, the necessity to get 100%, speedrun the game, and (I'm sure) 100% speedrun the game. And, yes, with every costume. That's potentially eight more playthroughs. Though I suppose doing a 100% speedrun on your first playthrough would save you a lot of headaches.

So, again, I ask myself: do I REALLY want to subject myself to MORE Shantae? We're talking about essentially 100%'ing this game twice. I can't even begin to count how many playthroughs that'd be.

But I'll do it anyway. That's the entire game. Plus each of the three DLCs. With the third DLC being three separate modes. And each mode needs to be beaten approximately three times. Twice. THAT'S (POTENTIALLY) THIRTY-SIX PLAYTHROUGHS.

THIRTY-SIX PLAYTHROUGHS.

THIRTY-SIX.

And you know I'm going to do it. The hell is wrong with me?

• Like 2

Wow! Congrats on two more Plats!! You are sooooo close to 100% That DLC looks like a bitch...but are you going to power through it to see that 100% or will you add a new game in the mix?

On 5/12/2018 at 3:03 PM, Cassylvania said:

As for AHiT, some of the trophies are a bit trickier than you might expect. It took me quite a few tries to get Secret Intruder and The Perfect Parade. They both require playing certain levels to perfection. The Perfect Parade is particularly annoying because you have to avoid falling into the crowd below, but you spend much of the level in the air, and it's VERY frustrating when the game skips to a cutscene while you're airborne, giving you almost no time to react when it cuts back to Hat Kid. Plus -- and this is my only gripe with the game -- the camera is not very good at times.

I just ran into this last night. I did ok with Secret Intruder. It took a few tries, but I was able to get that done in about 20 minutes or so. The Perfect Parade was a completely different animal. It took me an hour or so on just this trophy...I found the cut scene thing really annoying as well at first, but then I noticed there is a countdown in the bottom corner. Once the blue bar fills up it moves to the next stage, so I was able to time it so that I was never mid-jump when the cut scene started. My biggest issue was the camera angle, the telephone wires and the chasing birds. You have to keep moving due to the owls playing the instruments and there were several times I landed on a telephone wire by accident and the following birds shot me into the stratosphere. Or the camera angle would be funky and I'd bounce off a building. It's the only time I've been frustrated so far and despite that one...I'm still very much enjoying the game. There is a lot of humor and randomness that I'm enjoying. It's been a crazy week so far at work and I haven't had a ton of energy to play at night so far. I'm off this Saturday so it should give me an extra nap time window to play a bit. I'm hoping to ding this platinum by Sunday night.

Good luck with Shantae!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Br1ste said:

Wow! Congrats on two more Plats!! You are sooooo close to 100% That DLC looks like a bitch...but are you going to power through it to see that 100% or will you add a new game in the mix?

Hard to say. I managed to complete the Ninja campaign last night, so that's 1/3 of the way done with the DLC. Just Beach and Officer Shantae left to do. You can technically get all of the trophies for each campaign in a single playthrough, so I'm going to try that with Beach Shantae. It's just going to require playing every level to perfection, and restarting the level if I mess up.

Since Toogie's event doesn't begin until June 1, I'm almost definitely going to start something new before then. I'm just not sure what it'll be, or whether or not I'll wait until I reach 100%. I have my eye on Far Cry 4, though. I got some heat for playing Far Cry Primal and none of the other games in that series, so I figure I owe it to myself to see what all the fuss is about. It doesn't look like anything special, but sometimes mindless entertainment is all I need.

6 hours ago, Br1ste said:

I just ran into this last night. I did ok with Secret Intruder. It took a few tries, but I was able to get that done in about 20 minutes or so. The Perfect Parade was a completely different animal. It took me an hour or so on just this trophy...I found the cut scene thing really annoying as well at first, but then I noticed there is a countdown in the bottom corner. Once the blue bar fills up it moves to the next stage, so I was able to time it so that I was never mid-jump when the cut scene started. My biggest issue was the camera angle, the telephone wires and the chasing birds. You have to keep moving due to the owls playing the instruments and there were several times I landed on a telephone wire by accident and the following birds shot me into the stratosphere. Or the camera angle would be funky and I'd bounce off a building. It's the only time I've been frustrated so far and despite that one...I'm still very much enjoying the game. There is a lot of humor and randomness that I'm enjoying. It's been a crazy week so far at work and I haven't had a ton of energy to play at night so far. I'm off this Saturday so it should give me an extra nap time window to play a bit. I'm hoping to ding this platinum by Sunday night.

Yeah... My strategy for The Perfect Parade was finding a safe rooftop that I could just run loops on until the next stage of the level began. Jumping around too much or trying to land on those telephone wires would backfire more often than not. No Time to Explain and Take a Hike are also a pain. If you can get those, you should be well on your way to the platinum!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jens said:

I already told Br1ste in a PM, but I expected A Hat in Time to be a complete pushover. Pretty high platinum %, starts pretty easy, looks child-friendly enough. But some objectives managed to annoy me way more than I would've thought :P At first I didn't like it all that much and felt like a jerk for doing so, but it grew back on me to some degree, so now I'm absolutely fine with it.

I think it's a good example of a great trophy list. It checks all the boxes: one playthrough, no missable trophies, collect all the whatevers, earn most of the trophies by simply completing the story, and complete a few challenges to show you've mastered the game and the levels. I thought all of the challenge trophies were tough but fair. I wasn't a huge fan of having to quit to the hub if I messed something up (mostly in the Train Rush level), but I liked how all of the challenges were reasonably difficult. It's always nice when a game that feels like a 3/10 in terms of difficulty doesn't suddenly throw in some random trophy that makes the difficulty jump to a 7/10.

(I'm also glad they left out a speedrun trophy. AHiT could've easily had one.)

I'm working my way through Beach Shantae now. It's...both easier and harder than Ninja Shantae. She can float across the stage in a bubble, but it pops if she touches anything, and the developers were very cruel with their enemy placement. Also, she apparently blows up if she doesn't put on sunscreen regularly. That basically means having to plan a route through each level that allows me to beat it quickly, while also collecting the bottles of sunscreen and the squids (for 100%). And I have to say -- while the beach ball makes perfect sense for her long range weapon this time, why didn't they turn her "whip" attack into a towel? That seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 8:01 PM, Cassylvania said:

1Lcef974.png

I've been looking into playing this game but the price has kept me off of it. I even missed a sale where it was cheap because I used up most of my free money on another game(coughDragonQuestBuilderscough). Can you recommend it? I know it's a 3D platformer of some sort.

And read what you said about Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. Tempted to reinstall it because I need to download the Friends to the End DLC to get it all. That's the only DLC I haven't bought yet, wish they had a season pass. xD And yes, I know that the DLC missions are super-f'king hard. I kept dying at Tassel Tower with Ninja Shantae because of Wilbur and trying to get those Dream Squids for 100% so I eventually rage-quit. :P Beach Shantae is going to make me bite my arm until it gets dies from gangrene with the stupid sunscreen mechanic. (Yes, I do bite my arm when I am angry, but hopefully my dentures will stop me from that now.)

Just keep at it. You have more willpower in your little finger than I have in my entire body.

Edited by SquidBaronet
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, SquidBaronet said:

I've been looking into playing this game but the price has kept me off of it. I even missed a sale where it was cheap because I used up most of my free money on another game(coughDragonQuestBuilderscough). Can you recommend it? I know it's a 3D platformer of some sort.

Yes, absolutely. A Hat in Time is among the best games of its genre. I've made this comparison before, but I'll make it again: AHiT is what Yooka-Laylee tried to be. Personally, I loved both games, but Yooka-Laylee tried way too hard. It reminded me of somebody going through a midlife crisis. Instead of building on the genre, it spent too much time trying to fit into games of the past, while also poking fun at them. It got to the point where I started to think, "Yeah, I get it, game. This was once a thing and now it's not. You're not really that clever."

And while I HATE to give ANY credit to Nuts & Bolts, I will say this: at least that game had a good premise. The execution was terrible, but the idea of Banjo and Kazooie getting fat and lazy because they haven't been on any adventures is a plausible, workable idea. They could've built a good game around that. Like, the fact that they were so out-of-shape could've explained why they begin the game unable to perform any of the moves they learned in previous games -- a common problem in just about every sequel. But see, the premise of the game wasn't the entire game. That's my biggest complaint with Yooka-Laylee. Not the camera or the controls, but the game's inability to move beyond just reminding us of what 3D platformers were like in the 90's.

AHiT isn't afraid to do its own thing. For that, I think it deserves a look.

10 hours ago, SquidBaronet said:

And read what you said about Shantae: Half-Genie Hero. Tempted to reinstall it because I need to download the Friends to the End DLC to get it all. That's the only DLC I haven't bought yet, wish they had a season pass. xD And yes, I know that the DLC missions are super-f'king hard. I kept dying at Tassel Tower with Ninja Shantae because of Wilbur and trying to get those Dream Squids for 100% so I eventually rage-quit. :P Beach Shantae is going to make me bite my arm until it gets dies from gangrene with the stupid sunscreen mechanic. (Yes, I do bite my arm when I am angry, but hopefully my dentures will stop me from that now.)

Wilbur should be one of the easier bosses. I'm assuming your problem is with the rolling eye section. Remember to use Shantae's long range weapon, NOT her hair whip. The weapon will automatically "circle" around the stage, so you don't have to wait for the eyeball to get close. That makes the timing so much easier.

The sunscreen mechanic is pretty annoying. I managed to beat the entire mode last night, but you sometimes need to chart a path through the level. You also really want to make sure you're finishing each stage with max health/gems/magic, because they carry over to the next stage. Especially when you're about to fight a boss. Shantae absolutely shreds most of the bosses if her level is maxed out, and that long range weapon is really useful for bosses that are sometimes out of reach (e.g. Twitch and Vinegar, Squid Baron and Hypno Baron).

I think FttE is harder than either of the costume packs I've finished.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Personally, I loved both games, but Yooka-Laylee tried way too hard.

To be a proper Banjo-Threeie when Rare failed with Nuts and Bolts. xD I know everyone hates Nuts and Bolts but I did enjoy the vehicle building, it just lost its soul to the vehicles. I mean every mission required a vehicle. :(

I do like Yooka and Laylee and their world, but I agree with you: While Banjo-Tooie's UFO rail shooter mission for a Jiggie in Witchyworld made me rage to no end because I kept missing all of the blue targets(which had the highest point total), it was nothing compared to the Kartos and Rextro pagies. I mean, I know Rextro is supposed to emulate hardcore old-school arcade games, but some of them were stupid. Thanks for the recommendation, Cassy!

(1) It has convinced me to save some money for A Hat In Time to put onto my trophy cabinet.

(2) It has made me eager to write a scathing letter to the creators of Yooka-Laylee and say "Please, if you intend for a YL2, send Rextro to the bargain bin and make Kartos not so annoying." I rage-quit because of the Cashino Kartos rail ride - it's almost impossible to get the required gems because the last stretch is a rail where you might run into the goal ring too early.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2018 at 1:47 AM, SquidBaronet said:

I do like Yooka and Laylee and their world, but I agree with you: While Banjo-Tooie's UFO rail shooter mission for a Jiggie in Witchyworld made me rage to no end because I kept missing all of the blue targets(which had the highest point total), it was nothing compared to the Kartos and Rextro pagies. I mean, I know Rextro is supposed to emulate hardcore old-school arcade games, but some of them were stupid. Thanks for the recommendation, Cassy!

Yup. I could live without Kartos and Rextro in the sequel. I didn't have as much trouble with them as most people, but I don't remember them being particularly fun. That's where AHiT knocks it out of the park, I think. Even when I failed at something in that game, I didn't mind trying again.

Oh. I forgot to announce it, didn't I? Well, I made a status post about it, but I guess I might as well say it here. Short-lived as it may be. *ahem*

100% achieved! 4952 trophies, 119 games, and two and a half years later.

• Like 4

Great job!!That's real dedication :) Once you got that Batman monkey off your back I knew it was just a matter of time! Speaking of Time...I got the plat for A Hat in Time yesterday. The game itself was a ton of fun and while I think it was a good trophy list since there was really no stone left uncovered...a lot of the level specific ones were pretty frustrating lol. Most of the frustration was due to exiting to the hub every time you failed. It would have been nice to have a "Restart Mission" option, but overall it's a small gripe. For me...climbing that god damn mushroom was probably the most challenging trophy for me. I was either too twitchy with the stick and landed on a spot and fell off, or the depth perception was off and I'd miss the next step altogether. That trophy was the only time I found myself thinking "this sucks." Otherwise, it was fun and there was a lot of good humor and the puzzles were pretty fun to figure out. I wouldn't put it in the 'best game I've played this year' category, but it was a fun change of pace and I thank you for the recommendation.

I started Batman: The Enemy Within last night. I'll hopefully get through that this week a little bit each night after my wife goes to bed. I'm not sure how it affects it...but I was able to import the choices from the first Batman game into this one. I thought that was pretty cool and maybe that is standard for Telltale games, but this is the only one I've played so it was a pretty neat surprise for me.

Congrats again! Which game off of your "Upcoming Games" are you tackling next? Or will it be a late, surprise entry?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, RockyJokerPL said:

Congrats @Cassylvania!!!

Also, at the time of me writing this you have exactly 1000 reputation on the forum! That calls for a double celebration! 

Will you now try to sqeeze another game in before Camp Wannalottaplat or rest and prepare yourself for the event?

Oh, wow. I didn't even notice that. Guess that's pretty cool too.

I guess we're going for the trifecta, because there's another milestone creeping up on us. That's right. Mr. 5k, right around the corner. Now, I know I've made fun of this site's new milestone system before, but this is one time where they got it right -- 5000 trophies IS an accomplishment worth celebrating. I still don't know why I'll be banished to THE REALM OF 1000 TROPHIES, BECAUSE EARNING 500 TROPHIES IS NO LONGER IMPRESSIVE, but I'll enjoy it while I can. After this, it'll probably be 2019 by the time I earn another milestone.

Since we're about ten days away from Camp Wannalottaplat -- and only 48 trophies from the milestone -- I think we can squeeze in another game or two. I don't see any trophies I particularly like in the 13 games I've chosen for the event, but Shantae HGH Ultimate Edition has several. I normally don't advocate for playing the same game multiple times, but (a) this is a special occasion, and (b) it's a fun platformer. I think we can make an exception.

Unfortunately, there are only 47 trophies in the game, which puts me one trophy shy of 5k. I might have to look through my library to see what else I can slide in...

@Br1ste Glad you liked the game! The tree was definitely annoying. I got arrogant and thought I was going to get it on my first attempt. I fell near the top and progressively got worse and worse at it, to the point where I couldn't even do the easy parts without slipping off. The key is definitely to take your time. The bane of my video game life.

All my upcoming games are part of the summer event, so I can't start on those yet. It's a shame too, because several of them sound like a lot of fun...

But I have about 90 other games in my PS4 library, so surely I can find something. Stay tuned.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Oh, wow. I didn't even notice that. Guess that's pretty cool too.

I guess we're going for the trifecta, because there's another milestone creeping up on us. That's right. Mr. 5k, right around the corner. Now, I know I've made fun of this site's new milestone system before, but this is one time where they got it right -- 5000 trophies IS an accomplishment worth celebrating. I still don't know why I'll be banished to THE REALM OF 1000 TROPHIES, BECAUSE EARNING 500 TROPHIES IS NO LONGER IMPRESSIVE, but I'll enjoy it while I can. After this, it'll probably be 2019 by the time I earn another milestone.

Since we're about ten days away from Camp Wannalottaplat -- and only 48 trophies from the milestone -- I think we can squeeze in another game or two. I don't see any trophies I particularly like in the 13 games I've chosen for the event, but Shantae HGH Ultimate Edition has several. I normally don't advocate for playing the same game multiple times, but (a) this is a special occasion, and (b) it's a fun platformer. I think we can make an exception.

Unfortunately, there are only 47 trophies in the game, which puts me one trophy shy of 5k. I might have to look through my library to see what else I can slide in...

@Br1ste Glad you liked the game! The tree was definitely annoying. I got arrogant and thought I was going to get it on my first attempt. I fell near the top and progressively got worse and worse at it, to the point where I couldn't even do the easy parts without slipping off. The key is definitely to take your time. The bane of my video game life.

All my upcoming games are part of the summer event, so I can't start on those yet. It's a shame too, because several of them sound like a lot of fun...

But I have about 90 other games in my PS4 library, so surely I can find something. Stay tuned.

Do you mean for Toogie's event Cassy? You can start those before hand just cant finish them until it starts, I'm definitely jumping into my list as soon as I finish my current game

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dessane said:

Do you mean for Toogie's event Cassy? You can start those before hand just cant finish them until it starts, I'm definitely jumping into my list as soon as I finish my current game

... Oh. I knew that.

Well, regardless, I don't want to begin any of those games, because what if I really like them and want to finish them before June 1? Priorities! That is the key word. We are the Priority Patch.

I've been looking through my PS library, and something has dawned on me -- I have a lot of garbage in my collection. I mean, I'm sure some of these games are okay, but...I really don't know about these PS+ titles. Is it bad that Mighty No. 9 looks like the most appealing game of them all? I know Rayman was big back in the day, but I never could get over that guy's freakishly missing arms or legs.

You know what I could really go for? A good racing game. One without MP trophies. Does anybody know of such a game?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

... Oh. I knew that.

Well, regardless, I don't want to begin any of those games, because what if I really like them and want to finish them before June 1? Priorities! That is the key word. We are the Priority Patch.

I've been looking through my PS library, and something has dawned on me -- I have a lot of garbage in my collection. I mean, I'm sure some of these games are okay, but...I really don't know about these PS+ titles. Is it bad that Mighty No. 9 looks like the most appealing game of them all? I know Rayman was big back in the day, but I never could get over that guy's freakishly missing arms or legs.

You know what I could really go for? A good racing game. One without MP trophies. Does anybody know of such a game?

Priority Patch, I like it. Racing games are definitely not my forte so no suggestions from me on that front

• Like 1

@Cassylvania So I noticed an addition to your profile page. I don't recall you having a trophy cabinet up there and now I see one. Do you have any good stories or themes behind why you selected those trophies? You have many, many to choose from so I'd be interested to hear why they made the list. I'm sure XCom 2 is there since it is one of your favorite games. Is that true with all of them? Any closer to a filler game before your event starts?

I do have one small announcement of my own...I finally hit 1.00 trophies per day! I reached my goal half way through the year, so now I need to come up with another goal. I really like this Batman game, however I suck at making the choices to make the relationships I want. I want to be loyal to Gordon and all the choices I make seem to alienate him lol. I want to be accommodating and nice to 'my new friend' to get some information but I end up making him jealous. It's an interesting story, but I'll probably want to play it again to see how it goes with the other choices since I think I'm seeing the opposite story I wanted. There are so many surprises. I wouldn't say that Telltale stays true to the 'canon' of Batman so it's an interesting new take on the series.

• Like 3

@RockyJokerPL I have one of those Riptide GP games that I bought on sale for like $2. Water sports are generally my favorite kind of sports, so I guess it only makes sense that I'd play another of those. Not quite what I wanted, but...meh, it fits the summer theme.

9 hours ago, Br1ste said:

So I noticed an addition to your profile page. I don't recall you having a trophy cabinet up there and now I see one. Do you have any good stories or themes behind why you selected those trophies? You have many, many to choose from so I'd be interested to hear why they made the list. I'm sure XCom 2 is there since it is one of your favorite games. Is that true with all of them? Any closer to a filler game before your event starts?

Yeah, so, with Dark Souls Remastered coming out this Friday, I thought I'd go through my trophy list and pick out my top 10 favorite PS4 games. That's my trophy cabinet currently, and I ranked them in order from #1 to #10.

I'm not 100% sure about my list -- I mean, I didn't include Alien: Isolation or Dark Souls 2 or 3 -- but it's not far off. Platformers, RPGs, and story-driven games... That's me.

Thinking about it now, I suppose it might be more interested if I chose my 10 least favorite PS4 games. Or maybe the 10 plats that frustrated me the most. I don't know. What do you guys think? And should I post those rankings here, for the whole community to see? Comment, like, and subscribe!

9 hours ago, Br1ste said:

I do have one small announcement of my own...I finally hit 1.00 trophies per day! I reached my goal half way through the year, so now I need to come up with another goal. I really like this Batman game, however I suck at making the choices to make the relationships I want. I want to be loyal to Gordon and all the choices I make seem to alienate him lol. I want to be accommodating and nice to 'my new friend' to get some information but I end up making him jealous. It's an interesting story, but I'll probably want to play it again to see how it goes with the other choices since I think I'm seeing the opposite story I wanted. There are so many surprises. I wouldn't say that Telltale stays true to the 'canon' of Batman so it's an interesting new take on the series.

1 trophy per day! That's...pretty low, actually. I've almost always been at 5 trophies per day. I sometimes use that to calculate my next platinum or milestone. Let's see... 48 trophies to go... Divided by 5 trophies per day... That's 9.6 (thanks, Alexa)... So, 10 days until Mr. 5k!

Oh, wait. I haven't earned a trophy in almost a week.

I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY 100%.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Thinking about it now, I suppose it might be more interested if I chose my 10 least favorite PS4 games. Or maybe the 10 plats that frustrated me the most. I don't know. What do you guys think? And should I post those rankings here, for the whole community to see? Comment, like, and subscribe!

Top 10 most frustrating? I know what will be #1. That fucking lizard...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, so, with Dark Souls Remastered coming out this Friday, I thought I'd go through my trophy list and pick out my top 10 favorite PS4 games. That's my trophy cabinet currently, and I ranked them in order from #1 to #10.

I'm not 100% sure about my list -- I mean, I didn't include Alien: Isolation or Dark Souls 2 or 3 -- but it's not far off. Platformers, RPGs, and story-driven games... That's me.

I caved and ended up getting DS Remastered (shipped this morning!) Considering I just played it...I could probably knock down my playthrough time by quite a bit so I may end up doing that for 49 before moving on...however I'm not sure. I like your top 10 idea and I think the bottom 10 idea is pretty interesting as well. Either way it would be interesting to read about the why's for both lists on your front page :) Are you planning on diving into Dark Souls right away or are you going to play it later?

16 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

1 trophy per day! That's...pretty low, actually. I've almost always been at 5 trophies per day. I sometimes use that to calculate my next platinum or milestone. Let's see... 48 trophies to go... Divided by 5 trophies per day... That's 9.6 (thanks, Alexa)... So, 10 days until Mr. 5k!

Oh, wait. I haven't earned a trophy in almost a week.

I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY 100%.

lol it is pretty low....but in all fairness...when I started to actually hunt trophies, it was like two years after I got my first trophy and my 'trophies per day' was at like .46 per day. When I played Batman: Arkham City...I discovered there were now trophies in games and decided that if I played a game, I wanted to get 100% of that game.

Later that year, I started playing FFXIV online and if I was going to stay true to my goal of 100%, I would have to 100% that MMO also. I went about another whole year with only a handful of trophies. I ended up really liking the game so I did way more than was required past the platinum. However, once the Heavensward expansion came out...a lot of the content was locked to Pick Up Groups and I wasn't a part of any guilds to participate in the newest stuff. I got frustrated so decided to try a regular console game again since I had pretty much maxed out what I could do in FFXIV to that point without being in a guild. I had heard great things about the God of War series and there was a multi-game sale at the time so I picked them up. I really enjoyed the series and blew through them pretty quick. I decided to hang up my FFXIV spurs and move back into console games. I'm trying to catch up on a lot of years of missed gaming due to MMO's so it's still baby steps at this point :) Any ideas on what my next goal should be?

I understand the feeling of not wanting to lose your 100%...it's just so pretty looking. You could always hide your current game until it's done so that you keep that shiny 100%, however that cheapens it a bit and I know some people attach a stigma to hidden trophies but to each their own. I'll be curious to see what you come up with for 5k.

Edited by Br1ste
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Br1ste said:

I caved and ended up getting DS Remastered (shipped this morning!) Considering I just played it...I could probably knock down my playthrough time by quite a bit so I may end up doing that for 49 before moving on...however I'm not sure. I like your top 10 idea and I think the bottom 10 idea is pretty interesting as well. Either way it would be interesting to read about the why's for both lists on your front page :) Are you planning on diving into Dark Souls right away or are you going to play it later?

Might wait on Dark Souls until the end of the summer. Might also buy it at midnight tonight and have the plat by Sunday. Kiiinda hard to tell...

Later that year, I started playing FFXIV online and if I was going to stay true to my goal of 100%, I would have to 100% that MMO also. I went about another whole year with only a handful of trophies. I ended up really liking the game so I did way more than was required past the platinum. However, once the Heavensward expansion came out...a lot of the content was locked to Pick Up Groups and I wasn't a part of any guilds to participate in the newest stuff. I got frustrated so decided to try a regular console game again since I had pretty much maxed out what I could do in FFXIV to that point without being in a guild. I had heard great things about the God of War series and there was a multi-game sale at the time so I picked them up. I really enjoyed the series and blew through them pretty quick. I decided to hang up my FFXIV spurs and move back into console games. I'm trying to catch up on a lot of years of missed gaming due to MMO's so it's still baby steps at this point :) Any ideas on what my next goal should be?

You seem to be a series player, so maybe you should work on finishing up some of the series you have going. You've pretty much covered all the Batman, FF, GTA, and GoW games, so maybe hit up Dark Souls 2 or Bloodborne? I know you've been wanting to start BB.

I understand the feeling of not wanting to lose your 100%...it's just so pretty looking. You could always hide your current game until it's done so that you keep that shiny 100%, however that cheapens it a bit and I know some people attach a stigma to hidden trophies but to each their own. I'll be curious to see what you come up with for 5k.

Nah, that's cheap. Trophies are all about the journey. I just wanted to take a few days to relax... We'll be back at it soon. And based on what I have in mind for 5k, it's not likely to be at 100% again for a few months...

I'll think about my top 10 lists! @RockyJokerPL, you might be surprised by the game I'd actually put at #1 for most frustrating...

• Like 2

Alright, guys. I tried to make a bunch of top 10 lists, but they just weren't working out. It seems mean to exclude some games just because I can only have a certain number in each category, and I was having a tough time deciding exactly how to rank them. Plus, it's only going to get more complicated when I (someday) start playing new games.

So, instead, I decided to simply list EVERY game I've finished and then put little symbols next to them to indicate how they made me feel. Maybe I'll do something more with this in the future, but I think it's a start.

Let me know what you think.

• Like 2