Switch It Up V2

Super-Fly Spider-Guy

I'm reviving it. Deal with it. If barely anyone cares, then I'll turn it into my own little Switch Bitch thread and go blah blah about my Switch adventures.

Here's the deal, this is a revamp of @BillyHorrible's old thread (https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45332-switch-it-up-event-for-nintendo-switch-gamers

Here's the basic run down.

• This sucker will end at the end of the year, and since I'm the OP, the end of the year in Aussie time (GMT +10) 23:59, December 31.
  • There's three tiers, each with their own prize, which I'll get into later.
  • There's no real way to prove your claims in regards to games owned and beaten on Switch (outside of screenshots), so there's gonna have to be a level of trust.
  • Head starts ARE allowed, so if you've been on the Switch since launch day, you've probably got an advantage.
  • All prizes will be in AUD, but since the Switch is region free, that shouldn't stop you from buying something.
  • To qualify as having beat a game, you simply need only to have beaten the main story, no 100%ing required, and 100%ers get no bonus (sorry).
  • You just gotta list all the games you own and note the ones you've clocked. Beyond that it's up to you, throw a wishlist or preorder list up there, throw a 100% list, whatever.
  • I'll update the OP whenever I get around to it, I guarantee at least a couple updates a week, but beyond that, I'll do it when I have time.
  • There WILL be a bonus at the end of it for the guy who buys the most games. 
  • Also, since I'm not a complete prick, I'm not eligible to win anything.

Prize pool is nice and basic. But it's free money so if you complain then you can sod off and have nothing.

Here's how we'll do it, probably anyway.

For each tier, there will be one gift card give away. Take your pick on if you want an eShop card or PSN card, fuck it, have an Xbox card if you want, it costs me nothing either way since I'll be using points from online surveys to buy the codes anyway. I'd say take an eShop card though since the smallest card I can buy here is $15, whereas I can get $5 and $10 ones for PSN and Xbox.

The names of everyone in the tier will be put into an online raffle thing at the end of the year to see who wins. Meaning if there's four people in tier 3 and you're one of them, you've got a 25% chance of winning. If you're in tier 1 and there's only one other dude in there, then you've got a fifty fifty chance, get it?

Finally, talking about yo games and shit is encouraged, but TBH there's already a way more active thread and this one is more of a supplementary thread to it than a replacement. That thread can be found here https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45104-nintendo-switch-thread-for-nintendo-switch-players/#comment-1230137

TIER I

Clocked 30 or more Switch games

TIER II

Clocked 20 or more Switch games

TIER III

Clocked 10 or more Switch games

stoogebag - Finished 17 games

PARTICIPANTS

JOKER - 4 Finished

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Finished like hell yeah bet yo ass I finished that one off. Just like it did me.

Overcooked - Finished

Mario Kart 8 - Finished

ARMS - Haven't started

Splatoon 2 - At it

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove  - Shovel Knight Paythrough

Puyo Puyo Tetris - Finished (Played through the 'Story'-Mode and a shitton of Multiplayer. I'd count that as finished, I dunno)

MOSESROCKEFELLER - 0 Finished

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Almost story complete

Master Blaster Zero - Just started

Snake Pass - Not started

Kamiko - Not started

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Just started

World of Goo - Just started

SUPER-FLY SPIDER-GUY - 17 Finished

Sonic Mania - Finished
Vroom in the Night Sky - Finished
Magician Lord
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Finished
Vaccine
NBA Playgrounds - Finished
Over Top - Finished
NBA Playgrounds - Finished
Mighty Gunvolt Burst - Finished
Snake Pass - Finished
Implosion
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Finished
Metal Slug 3 - Finished
Kamiko - Finished
Graceful Explosion Machine
The King of Fighters '98 - Finished
Fast RMX - Finished
Rudymical - Finished
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - Finished
Blaster Master Zero
World of Goo - Finished
Mr. Shifty - Finished
Splatoon 2

MILES_WARREN - 2 Finished

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Finished
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers - Finished
Arms
Disgaea 5
Fast RMX
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (What counts as completing Mario Kart? I assume get all the trophies on every difficulty.)
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +
Splatoon 2

BILLYHORRIBLE - 7 Finished

1. Blaster Master Zero - not completed yet
  2. Bulb Boy - not completed yet
  3. Death Squared - played through
  4. Fast RMX - played through
  5. Human Resource Machine - not completed yet
  6. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - played through
  7. Shovel Knight: Shovel Of Hope - played through
  8. Shovel Knight: Specter Of Torment - played through
  9. Snake Pass - not completed yet
  10. Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together! - 100% completed
  11. World Of Goo - played through
Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Finished

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers - Finished

Arms

Disgaea 5

Fast RMX

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (What counts as completing Mario Kart? I assume get all the trophies on every difficulty.)

Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +

Splatoon 2

Hmmm....I really need to start finishing my Switch games.

Forgot to add my appreciation for hosting this event @Super-Fly Spider-Guy

Since I'm a lazy ass mofo I just enter for fun. Maybe I'll get to Tier 2.

• Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Finished like hell yeah bet yo ass I finished that one off. Just like it did me.
  • Overcooked - Finished
  • Mario Kart 8 - Finished
  • ARMS - Haven't started
  • Splatoon 2 - At it
  • Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove  - Shovel Knight Paythrough
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris - Finished (Played through the 'Story'-Mode and a shitton of Multiplayer. I'd count that as finished, I dunno)
Edited by Joker

Nice job reviving this, @Super-Fly Spider-Guy.

Now here is a question, is there any point in me joining this, just so everyone can laugh at my ZERO completed games on my fancy new Switch?

I mean, hopefully I'll finally finish Zelda this weekend or the next, but the problem is that whenever I play one console, my others tend to get neglected. I have plenty of great games to play on Wii U, Switch, Xbox 1, and PS3, but I've mostly been playing PS4 lately.

Anyway, maybe this event will give me better motivation to finish some damn Switch games.

What I have:

Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Almost story complete

Master Blaster Zero - Just started

Snake Pass - Not started

Kamiko - Not started

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Just started

World of Goo - Just started

I'm eyeing the purchase of NBA Playgrounds, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and Sonic Mania. I wonder if the Azure Striker Gunvolt series will port over to Switch, because the first one on 3DS is great (I haven't played the second yet). In fact, I need motivation to go through my 3DS backlog too... damn my backlog.

Sure, what the hell, sign me up. I'm not active enough here to keep up the events I created myself but I could try discussing the Switch games I've been playing every once in a while.

Total games played through: 7.

3. Death Squared - played through
  4. Fast RMX - played through
  6. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - played through
  7. Shovel Knight: Shovel Of Hope - played through
  8. Shovel Knight: Specter Of Torment - played through
  10. Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together! - 100% completed
  11. World Of Goo - played through

11 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Hmmm....I really need to start finishing my Switch games.

Whatever you want really, so long as you feel you've completed it. I personally have the gold trophies on every level at 150cc, but haven't stepped foot in Battle Mode outside of one quick go with the missus. But if you prefer to go slow, I mean, simply having played through every level, trophy or not on 50cc would really be enough I reckon. Same with Street Fighter that you've got, I'd say beating arcade mode once would be enough, but some people might clock the thing with every character and every costume and so on.

YUP.

10 hours ago, Joker said:

Since I'm a lazy ass mofo I just enter for fun. Maybe I'll get to Tier 2.

• Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove  - Shovel Knight Paythrough
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris - Finished (Played through the 'Story'-Mode and a shitton of Multiplayer. I'd count that as finished, I dunno)

I feel that.

Are you on the Shovel Knight playthrough, or you've done it? It's an odd one, because on the one hand Specter and Plague Knight are DLC, but on the other they are also being sold on their own and thus can count as their own game, so I would, as Billy has, count all 3 campaigns as their own game in this case. So if you've done Shovel of Hope then you've got another one clocked.

If a shitton of multiplayer on it's own counts as doing it, then I beat the shit out of that demo.

10 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Now here is a question, is there any point in me joining this, just so everyone can laugh at my ZERO completed games on my fancy new Switch?

Kamiko - Not started

I'm eyeing the purchase of NBA Playgrounds, Mighty Gunvolt Burst, and Sonic Mania. I wonder if the Azure Striker Gunvolt series will port over to Switch, because the first one on 3DS is great (I haven't played the second yet). 

n00b.

Also, the individual campaigns of Kamiko can be done in about an hour or so each, took me an hour and 5 or so to beat it on my first go and I was cruising through. Bump up yo score with cheap easy games, just like on the big boy consoles!

NBA was really really fun before the update when you could spam the push button with no stamina drain, now half the fun is gone since I can't just sprint after the enemy and try to beat the shit out of them. Also the shot metre thing is way different and I preferred when you just learned the stats of your player, rather than looked at a little metre on the screen. They did fix the loading though, loads probably in a third of the old amount of time, which was ridiculous. That being said, I prefer the old version, and there's no way to go back, and I'm sad. The current version is still really good though, just not as good, hoping more updates might give more options, either way, I'm happy since I'll be getting Shaq Fu 2 for free 'cause of it. 

Mighty Gunvolt Burst is fucking great. I've been yelling at people to get it for ages, calling it "the thing Mighty Number 9 should have been" since day one. It's terrific. Make sure to download the DLC, have a look on the shop. They've released a few new characters for their games Blaster Master and Gunvolt, and the first 2 weeks of release they are free. I got Ekoro for free in this and Shovel Knight & Shantae on Blaster for free as well. I missed out on a couple extra ones because I didn't know about it. Also the 3DS Gunvolts are supposed to come over, think they were putting the two in a pack or something last I heard, I'll look it up soon anyway.

7 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

We need an event like this for 3DS!

My 3DS backlog is taking a backseat to the Switch.

I did fire up Chinatown Wars for the first time in years the other day though and I had a surprising amount of nostalgia from the DS days, even though I was a PSP kid. 

On 19-8-2017 at 1:52 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Whatever you want really, so long as you feel you've completed it. I personally have the gold trophies on every level at 150cc, but haven't stepped foot in Battle Mode outside of one quick go with the missus. But if you prefer to go slow, I mean, simply having played through every level, trophy or not on 50cc would really be enough I reckon.

Shitzu, How could I not mention Mario Kart? Probably because it was the most recently played game on my Switch.

So I played through 8 games. I've played through all of the championships on 50cc on my first two days with the game, which I'm counting as 'played through' since just like with story games, the rest is just upping the difficulty. Getting all trophies with three stars, and then getting all extra vehicle parts would count as 100%ing the game.

3. Death Squared - played through
  4. Fast RMX - played through
  6. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - played through
  7. Shovel Knight: Shovel Of Hope - played through
  8. Shovel Knight: Specter Of Torment - played through
  10. Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - played through
  11. Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together! - 100% completed
  12. World Of Goo - played through

On 8/18/2017 at 7:52 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Mighty Gunvolt Burst is fucking great. I've been yelling at people to get it for ages, calling it "the thing Mighty Number 9 should have been" since day one. It's terrific. Make sure to download the DLC, have a look on the shop. They've released a few new characters for their games Blaster Master and Gunvolt, and the first 2 weeks of release they are free. I got Ekoro for free in this and Shovel Knight & Shantae on Blaster for free as well. I missed out on a couple extra ones because I didn't know about it. Also the 3DS Gunvolts are supposed to come over, think they were putting the two in a pack or something last I heard, I'll look it up soon anyway.

I saw on Amazon the double-pack of both 3DS Azure Striker Gunvolts is coming on October 31, at least in the USA.

I'll stick with finishing the first game (and playing the second) on my 3DS, but this is a great way to play the series for anyone who skipped it on 3DS.

At the final moment, due to some random luck I managed to get a collector's edition for Mario + Rabbids. I was in doubt for a few days after the initial announcement and by the time I was sure they had already run out; Ubisoft did not anticipate how many people would want a Rabbid Mario statuette...

Anyway I'm adding it to my list.

7. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - not completed yet
  8. Shovel Knight: Shovel Of Hope - played through
  9. Shovel Knight: Specter Of Torment - played through
  10. Snake Pass - not completed yet
  11. Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - played through
  12. Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together! - 100% completed
  13. World Of Goo - played through

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

At the final moment, due to some random luck I managed to get a collector's edition for Mario + Rabbids. I was in doubt for a few days after the initial announcement and by the time I was sure they had already run out; Ubisoft did not anticipate how many people would want a Rabbid Mario statuette...

Anyway I'm adding it to my list.

7. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - not completed yet

Nice! How much of Mario + Rabbids can be played as local co-op? Is it the whole game or only specific co-op missions? Considering getting it at some point after we realized it's a turn-based strategy title and not a platformer.

1 minute ago, Eyjabria said:

Nice! How much of Mario + Rabbids can be played as local co-op? Is it the whole game or only specific co-op missions? Considering getting it at some point after we realized it's a turn-based strategy title and not a platformer.

It's completely single player, sorry. It's pretty funny though, and I'd say it's the best new single player genre Mario has done since Mario RPG on the SNES. Played for an hour and a half now.

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

It's completely single player, sorry. It's pretty funny though, and I'd say it's the best new single player genre Mario has done since Mario RPG on the SNES. Played for an hour and a half now.

I just read a review of the game that specifically mentioned co-op. So there is some co-op content somewhere, but maybe not unlocked right away.

I am strongly considering getting the game myself. I went from completely dismissing it to being very interested in the past week or two. The only thing that kept me from a purchase so far is my backlog... but my resistance is breaking down. :P

12 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I just read a review of the game that specifically mentioned co-op. So there is some co-op content somewhere, but maybe not unlocked right away.

That's weird, I now see up to two players on the box but the info a week ago on several sources was it being single playeronly, and I haven't seen anything in-game that hints at a multiplayer angle. Perhaps a battle mode after getting through the story?

12 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I am strongly considering getting the game myself. I went from completely dismissing it to being very interested in the past week or two. The only thing that kept me from a purchase so far is my backlog... but my resistance is breaking down. :P

I almost didn't get it right away either, thanks to Lost Legacy and South Park and Assassin's Creed Origins and the likes already draining my gaming wallet, but then I could get a collector's edition thanks to a cancellation and I really wanted that Rabbid Mario statuette, I was pissed that I wasn't quick enough in deciding after the announcement.

By the way, forgot to say it in my first post here of today but I also bought the small eShop game forma.8 - I checked the eShop, looked at the trailer and was very interested, saw mostly good reviews online so I'm jumping in. The trailer reminds me of Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, which I enjoyed a lot.

5. forma.8 - not completed yet
  6. Human Resource Machine - not completed yet
  7. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - played through

8 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I almost didn't get it right away either, thanks to Lost Legacy and South Park and Assassin's Creed Origins and the likes already draining my gaming wallet, but then I could get a collector's edition thanks to a cancellation and I really wanted that Rabbid Mario statuette, I was pissed that I wasn't quick enough in deciding after the announcement.

At least I'd only be getting the regular version for $48 (Best Buy discount) since I don't need collectible stuff. If it were a Amiibo I could use in the game, I'd jump on it though.

8 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

By the way, forgot to say it in my first post here of today but I also bought the small eShop game forma.8 - I checked the eShop, looked at the trailer and was very interested, saw mostly good reviews online so I'm jumping in. The trailer reminds me of Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, which I enjoyed a lot.

Let us know how you like forma.8. It's on my PS4/Vita backlog and a recommendation could help me start it sooner than later. :)

Edited by MosesRockefeller

40 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

At least I'd only be getting the regular version for $48 (Best Buy discount) since I don't need collectible stuff. If it were a Amiibo I could use in the game, I'd jump on it though.

I love collectable stuff. The soundtrack on disc is also cool because firstly, I  like Grant Kirkhope, and secondly, after years of leasing cars, me and my wife are about to buy our first own car, and it still has a disc player, so I'm putting all my game soundtracks in one CD map.

But honestly, the Rabbid Mario statuette is cool enough already for me. Going to stand real cool next to Mysterion, The Coon, Batman and the new assassin.

40 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Let us know how you like forma.8. It's on my PS4/Vita backlog and a recommendation could help me start it sooner than later. :)

Weren't you the one who loved MetroidVania games? Because this game is one... And according to the reviews, it does the genre justice.

I played for about ten minutes, I liked what I saw. Nice graphics and music, and seems like fun gameplay.

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Weren't you the one who loved MetroidVania games? Because this game is one... And according to the reviews, it does the genre justice.

I played for about ten minutes, I liked what I saw. Nice graphics and music, and seems like fun gameplay.

Yes I do love those games. Sounds good, I'll have to try it out soon.

Also, I caved on Mario + Rabbids. That didn't take long. :P

18 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

17 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Okay, so I just defeated the world 1 mid-boss (1-5) and the "Buddydome" unlocked, where you can co-op (duh). Also something with amiibo unlocked, though they're keeping me in the dark about what exactly the amiibo do in this game so I'm going to check it out.

... The Buddydome has campaigns designed for two players, it seems, and you unlock campaigns by completing the single player story mode.

As for the amiibo, with any Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi amiibo you unlock a weapon for said character and for their Rabbid counterparts. I got a Mario and a giant woolly Yoshi amiibo, so I got the weapons for Mario and Yoshi. They're certainly good weapons, especially this early in the game.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Okay, so I just defeated the world 1 mid-boss (1-5) and the "Buddydome" unlocked, where you can co-op (duh). Also something with amiibo unlocked, though they're keeping me in the dark about what exactly the amiibo do in this game so I'm going to check it out.

... The Buddydome has campaigns designed for two players, it seems, and you unlock campaigns by completing the single player story mode.

As for the amiibo, with any Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi amiibo you unlock a weapon for said character and for their Rabbid counterparts. I got a Mario and a giant woolly Yoshi amiibo, so I got the weapons for Mario and Yoshi. They're certainly good weapons, especially this early in the game.

Oo, ok. Thanks for the info! I saw the developers streaming the game a few weeks ago and it seemed like they were playing it co-op. 

Too bad the only compatible amiibo I own is the 8-bit Mario which I'm going to keep in its packaging because it looks really cool on top of our 3DS games in the bookshelf. I would have bought a collector's edition of Mario + Rabbids if they had included a Rabbid Peach amiibo. She seems like a fun character. She even has her own Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/rabbidpeach/

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

Oo, ok. Thanks for the info! I saw the developers streaming the game a few weeks ago and it seemed like they were playing it co-op. 

Too bad the only compatible amiibo I own is the 8-bit Mario which I'm going to keep in its packaging because it looks really cool on top of our 3DS games in the bookshelf. I would have bought a collector's edition of Mario + Rabbids if they had included a Rabbid Peach amiibo. She seems like a fun character. She even has her own Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/rabbidpeach/

I get my amiibo because they look cool as collector's statuettes, the extra stuff in the games is incidental for me. Though I got VERY excited when I realised I could get Epona in Breath Of The Wild thanks to my SSB Link amiibo.

I'm now on games played through, I played and finished Bulb Boy tonight. Personally I thought it was fun but it's definitely not for everyone. I wrote a bit more in the main Switch thread.

2. Bulb Boy - played through

Somehow when I added forma.8, I used a version of my list that didn't include Mario + Rabbids yet, so I added it back now.

I just bought Sonic Mania, to hell with waiting for a sale.

2. Bulb Boy - played through
  8. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - not completed yet
  9. Shovel Knight: Shovel Of Hope - played through
  10. Shovel Knight: Specter Of Torment - played through
  11. Snake Pass - not completed yet
  12. Sonic Mania - not completed yet
  13. Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - played through
  14. Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together! - 100% completed
  15. World Of Goo - played through

Still on 9 completed games. I might play through all of forma.8 soon, but perhaps Mario + Rabbids or Sonic Mania will be the game I finish first.