Ready for some trophies Shaka Brah! (Trophy Thoughts)

We need to explode a hashtag or something on twitter, let SE know we won't stand for this bullshit that we need the delux edition for the platinum trophy.

This is literally hiding the platinum trophy behind a paywall.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, demonoid321 said:

Can't wait for this game! Really loved the first one. I see people are complaining that they need the deluxe edition for the platinum though? It's only 25$ which is allot cheaper then then standard versions of games.

it still sets a bad precedent of future games from other companies on what they can do to nickle and dime people who wants the platinum. This is the same shit with microtransactions except now it's Microtrophyactions literally paying for a base game trophy. No this is not like paying for DLC for DLC trophies. Those are added on and optional and not required for the platinum. This Microtrophyaction is you paying more money for the platinum trophy. 

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

OP should seriously consider being ashamed of themselves for making me read that title. 

You obviously haven't played the first terrific game. Shame on you more like.

If you played the first one, you would understand.

1 hour ago, DJROE95 said:

Ha ha, no shame here, only pride! It's one of my better puns, pretty pleased with it to be fair ?

It was hella good :3

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, demonoid321 said:

Can't wait for this game! Really loved the first one. I see people are complaining that they need the deluxe edition for the platinum though? It's only 25$ which is allot cheaper then then standard versions of games.

You must be kidding, right? FYI, having a AAA game price tag isn't one of platinum trophy requirements. That's like saying one would be okay to pay 20$ to pop a platinum of a game which actually worth like 5 bucks.
BTW, 25$ for shitty 4 episodes are really expensive. 

I really can't stand for this. Don't be a god damn sheep, if you don't react other companies will milk us too.This is a fucking disgrace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

Count me as one that likes that a game has actual content worth buying in the deluxe edition.

People are mad for the wrong reasons. Of course because they have to reach in their wallet more if they want that platinum. It's a deal breaker for these peons.

Yeah, this is a brilliant idea. In future developers should release racing games where you need the deluxe edition of the game if you want to drive a car, and shooters with no guns unless you get the deluxe edition.

This is NOT how you promote a deluxe edition.

It isn't about the money, although I believe the game is $24.99 (CDN) for the full season, and $34.99 for the Deluxe Edition. So that is a $10 difference (40% of the complete season price) just for the bonus episode. That is a lot of extra, and the only reason they are doing this is that I can't think the content is enough to justify $10 as an add on.

It looks greedy, because it is greedy, and it's a shitty way to release a game. But I guess if there are enough idiots that will fall for it and think it is a good thing....

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Yeah, this is a brilliant idea. In future developers should release racing games where you need the deluxe edition of the game if you want to drive a car, and shooters with no guns unless you get the deluxe edition.

It isn't about the money, although I believe the game is $24.99 (CDN) for the full season, and $34.99 for the Deluxe Edition. So that is a $10 difference (40% of the complete season price) just for the bonus episode. That is a lot of extra, and the only reason they are doing this is that I can't think the content is enough to justify $10 as an add on.

It looks greedy, because it is greedy, and it's a shitty way to release a game. But I guess if there are enough idiots that will fall for it and think it is a good thing....

we need to start a shit fit about this and get #fucksquare going off on twitter. threaten to boycott all of their products if they keep this shit up.

• Like 1

While I liked the first LiS and am looking forward to this game, I have to say I do not agree at all with having to get the deluxe edition to get the plat. The base game, if it has a plat, should be all you need to get that plat. This is not ok.

[Full disclosure: I have pre-ordered the deluxe edition several months ago]

55 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

we need to start a shit fit about this and get #fucksquare going off on twitter. threaten to boycott all of their products if they keep this shit up.

Or just don't buy the game. Pretty sure corporate doesn't care about public outcry. If people are buying the game, they don't care.

If they're not hitting the numbers they expect, you're damn right they'll care.

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

I suppose what they could have done is make the episode trophy count as DLC, so platinum whores don't feel personally slighted by this.

All deluxe editions are $10 more expensive than their standard edition counter parts. And they always feature some gimmicky shit like exclusive cars, and guns. Which actually contradicts the part that I bolded in your argument.

The only reason people are upset is because there are trophies locked behind a "pay wall". Wah wah wah. Don't buy it then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valyrious said:

I suppose what they could have done is make the episode trophy count as DLC, so platinum whores don't feel personally slighted by this.

All deluxe editions are $10 more expensive than their standard edition counter parts. And they always feature some gimmicky shit like exclusive cars, and guns. Which actually contradicts the part that I bolded in your argument.

The only reason people are upset is because there are trophies locked behind a "pay wall". Wah wah wah. Don't buy it then.

No need to play devils advocate here. This is some shady shit no matter how you look at it.

• Like 1

Just now, xZoneHunter said:

No need to play devils advocate here. This is some shady shit no matter how you look at it.

I don't think it's shady at all. Do I think it's poorly utilized? Yeah, to a degree. But it's something that doesn't personally bother me. But I'm not desperately trying to add more trophies to my collection so of course my mileage varies far more than other people on trophy tracking websites.

3 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

I don't think that is why people are upset. Traditionally, games that have a plat, the only trophies you need for that plat is the base game. The issue isn't that trophies are behind a "pay wall", just that this one specific trophy is behind it. Everyone would be fine if that last gold trophy was considered a "DLC" trophy and not required for the plat.

4 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

I don't think that is why people are upset. Traditionally, games that have a plat, the only trophies you need for that plat is the base game. The issue isn't that trophies are behind a "pay wall", just that this one specific trophy is behind it. Everyone would be fine if that last gold trophy was considered a "DLC" trophy and not required for the plat.

Which is most likely what Square Enix is going to do to patch this little flub bub. And yet, I bet you anything people will still curse Square Enix like they are now, and won't buy it.

Because it will cost them an additional $10 to get that 100% completion. Which, let's be honest, is almost just as important as the platinum to people.

2 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Which is most likely what Square Enix is going to do to patch this little flub bub. And yet, I bet you anything people will still curse Square Enix like they are now, and won't buy it.

Because it will cost them an additional $10 to get that 100% completion. Which, let's be honest, is almost just as important as the platinum to people.

Oh, I no doubt agree that is what they should do. And yea, people will always find a reason to complain. Lol.

And yes and no for that last part. I think it is just like any other DLC that comes out. There are tons of games out that you have to pay extra for the DLC to get that 100% but there is no outrage. 

I am glad that a community rep has already responded to this so hopefully we get an update next week (when they said they would get back to them).

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a trophy list that requires you to purchase the deluxe edition to be able to get the platinum before. I mean locking off content to people who buy the regular version is shady enough, but they could have at least made that a DLC trophy. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they just didn't know what they were doing instead of them purposely making the platinum only available to deluxe edition owners for the extra cash. Either way, they really need to sort this out, assuming Sony would even allow them to change the list at this point.

As for the trophy images, it looks like they just gave up making unique ones halfway through and just copy & pasted those hideous purple ones. What's up with that?

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a trophy list that requires you to purchase the deluxe edition to be able to get the platinum before. I mean locking off content to people who buy the regular version is shady enough, but they could have at least made that a DLC trophy. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they just didn't know what they were doing instead of them purposely making the platinum only available to deluxe edition owners for the extra cash. Either way, they really need to sort this out, assuming Sony would even allow them to change the list at this point.

As for the trophy images, it looks like they just gave up making unique ones halfway through and just copy & pasted those hideous purple ones. What's up with that?

Life is Strange community manager posted in the NeoGaf thread about this issue. He said he's going to look into it and there should be a final answer next week:

Hi everyone,

Official Community Manager for Life is Strange and self-professed platinum hunter here, so I can understand your frustration.

We are looking into this and we hope to have more information next week.

@DJROE95 , you should add that to the OP.

Edited by Death_Ninja

58 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

Life is Strange community manager posted in the NeoGaf thread about this issue. He said he's going to look into it and there should be a final answer next week:

I'm glad to hear it.

56 minutes ago, Zach said:

Is the deluxe edition really required for platty?

Yup, it's thanks to this trophy: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/6501-life-is-strange-before-the-storm/35-complete-farewell

'Farewell' is a bonus episode only included in the deluxe edition.