EternalChaos72

You need to buy the deluxe edition for platinum

51 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, xZoneHunter said:

Thank you for reminding us that you belong in the group of people that criticizes the fact that people care for trophies, while posting on a website catered for trophy hunters. My advice? Make a neogaf account.

What makes you think I don't already have one? I enjoy keeping people's holier than thou trophy opinions in check on here.

Do we really have to go through this again? People do what they wish...but like it was mentioned. Does a "platinum trophy" take away the fun in video games?

11 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

This isn't a trophy issue. It is a shady business practice issue. Not sure why you can't comprehend that. No one is saying they won't buy it because of trophies. They are unhappy about the way Squeenix has paywalled off part of the game.

You have an issue with 'holier than thou' opinions, then call other people peons.

Hypocrite. Google it.

Exactly right. Whether there's a trophy tied to it or not, cutting off part of the game's content arbitrarily like this is scummy, and people should vote with their wallets.

Edited by RNumbers

Looks like it'll be rectified 

"This was a mistake on our side," admitted Square Enix in a statement on Push Square, "and not our intention to gate the Platinum Trophy via the optional bonus episode in the Deluxe [Edition]. We've already started speaking to the first parties about rectifying this."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-19-life-is-strange-before-the-storm-accidentally-locks-trophy-in-deluxe-edition-bonus-episode

i've won the special edition from our local gamestore so no-pass for me on this. but i agree, this looks a bit shady...

7 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Looks like it'll be rectified 

"This was a mistake on our side," admitted Square Enix in a statement on Push Square, "and not our intention to gate the Platinum Trophy via the optional bonus episode in the Deluxe [Edition]. We've already started speaking to the first parties about rectifying this."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-19-life-is-strange-before-the-storm-accidentally-locks-trophy-in-deluxe-edition-bonus-episode

That's good to hear. 

Oh yes Deluxe Edition for Deluxe Players, rest of us who can't afford it can eat shit, nice, really nice. Well I'll play it once they'll add it at some point to the Playstation+ lineup.

5 minutes ago, YROSHIKU said:

Oh yes Deluxe Edition for Deluxe Players, rest of us who can't afford it can eat shit, nice, really nice. Well I'll play it once they'll add it at some point to the Playstation+ lineup.

They already said they're fixing it, accidents happen. It was probably an afterthought sense it's a different studio and the bar has been set pretty high. I could see it being hectic over there

23 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

They already said they're fixing it, accidents happen. It was probably an afterthought sense it's a different studio and the bar has been set pretty high. I could see it being hectic over there

I don't believe it was intentional to lock the platinum to only the deluxe edition of the game, but it wasn't an accident either.

As I understand it, the game was sourced out to a different studio. They would have been the ones that designed the game and implemented the trophy list. Clearly the bonus episode was worked on, and intended to be, part of the core content.

Someone at marketing undoubtedly then got the brilliant idea to sever that content, and market it as bonus material. Obviously this is supposition on my part, but it seems highly unlikely this is a case of the game being finished, then extra material being worked on while the original content was being certified. Gamers have long complained about day 1 DLC, and companies often argue that they worked on the DLC after finishing the content, certifying it, sending it to print etc. If that was the case here, that trophy would not have been part of the base list.

This time the company just got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. They would have gotten away with it if they had added it as DLC. And had there not been media and consumer backlash, I don't imagine we would have seen such a quick response promising to resolve the issue.

5 hours ago, Espada-girl said:

really a mistake or they wanted their game to sell ?

I really believe they were testing the waters. Well, at least they're rectifying it quickly.

Deluxe Ed. 25 dollars I believe ... So, its a 10 dollar difference! For a :platinum:

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Deluxe Ed. 25 dollars I believe ... So, its a 10 dollar difference! For a :platinum:

Nope they're fixing it

"Looks like it'll be rectified 

Good job this is being rectified as this would be a horrible road for the gaming market to head down. Bad enough that games have dlc announced before games are released and then have to buy a season pass (sometimes two) to get the "full experience".

4 hours ago, Zarakai1989 said:

Good job this is being rectified as this would be a horrible road for the gaming market to head down. Bad enough that games have dlc announced before games are released and then have to buy a season pass (sometimes two) to get the "full experience".

or in DoA 5 Last Round's case, like 7 times for $70 - $100 bucks a pop. Seriously they have like 7 season passes for $70+ for DoA 5 last round

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

On 8/18/2017 at 2:04 PM, Valyrious said:

Two threads about this.

And I'm currently laughing at the people that are so burned by this that they're completely turned off on the game now. 

Just proves how little people care about gaming, and are only in it for their digital trophy collections!

Look, guys. Say whatever you want about me, but if your decision to get the game is changing because of something this insignificant, you probably had little interest in the game outside of the platinum to begin with, which means you have your priorities as a gamer in the wrong place.

It's always great to read a Valyrious post. "Priorities as a gamer". Hoo boy...

But anyway, probably lots of hullaballoo about nothing. Square says they'll fix the problem. It's funny - I saw this thread title and immediately said, "Must be Squeenix" before even opening it. If it's not pure cupidity, it's pure stupidity. That's so Square!

On 8/20/2017 at 9:46 PM, starcrunch061 said:

It's always great to read a Valyrious post. "Priorities as a gamer". Hoo boy...

But anyway, probably lots of hullaballoo about nothing. Square says they'll fix the problem. It's funny - I saw this thread title and immediately said, "Must be Squeenix" before even opening it. If it's not pure cupidity, it's pure stupidity. That's so Square!

Just as it's always great seeing a trophy hunter triggered by my posts. Boy oh boy.

Edited by Valyrious

I preordered the Deluxe Edition, because I somehow figured that the Bonus Episode could be a potential DLC-pack, but this is not how I pictured it..

Wondering, how they will resolve this. Like replace this particular trophy with something like "Finish Episodes 1-3" and add the Bonus Episode as a DLC.

Deleting trophies is not a thing, if I'm not wrong. I guess they might've until now because no one had played it, but once it is out - I guess they aren't allowed anymore. Adding trophies - like recently Ark Survival Evolved, which got a new trophy inside the main list, which is now even needed for platinum - is fine, but deleting probably won't happen, I guess.

If they somehow decide to make this whole Bonus Episode free for everyone, there should be a discount of some sorts for those who bought the Deluxe.

Edited by dalailama1989

They probably don't care. People need to realize games aren't made with trophies in mind. They're usually an afterthought. It's reasons like that why Walking Dead Season 2 didn't even have a platinum. Trophy hunters are never the target audience other than a few rare instances. You ever look at the percentage ratings for most games? They're low. So chill.

I just saw a tweet on the life is strange twitter saying that the platinum for the deluxe only was getting fixed before episode two's launch 😊

Not sure if that helps you guys?

15 hours ago, Tidus4713 said:

They probably don't care. People need to realize games aren't made with trophies in mind. They're usually an afterthought. It's reasons like that why Walking Dead Season 2 didn't even have a platinum. Trophy hunters are never the target audience other than a few rare instances. You ever look at the percentage ratings for most games? They're low. So chill.

lol I guess you didn't hear that they admitted there was a mistake and are planning on doing something to correct it. Lol just ignore that to make your point why don't you?