Frame rate dropping (again)

Frame is dropping with each passing second. I just downloaded the game and it's basically doing the same thing as the PS3 version. The PS3 version was downright unplayable for me and now this is doing the same thing. I read a different thread that this has been addressed, it clearly hasn't :( 

I had no problems with GTA3 or Vice City only this one. I tried reinstalling the game and it's basically just doing the same thing again. Did anyone have this problem, but managed to fix it? 

Here's a video i made to show you how terrible it is:

Edited by EternalChaos72

I can only recall a couple times where the framerate did drop for me and that was because there was a lot happening at once in a narrow spot and one time while out in the street but there were a lot of enemies. But nothing as bad as that. I did have the PS4 Pro's turbo mode on though, so I wonder if that helped out.

Just now, Redgrave said:

I can only recall a couple times where the framerate did drop for me and that was because there was a lot happening at once in a narrow spot and one time while out in the street but there were a lot of enemies. But nothing as bad as that. I did have the PS4 Pro's turbo mode on though, so I wonder if that helped out.

I don't have the Pro :( 

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

1 hour ago, EternalChaos72 said:

I don't have the Pro :( 

I'm pretty sure boost mode has no effect on emulated PS2 games. All it does is improve unpatched PS4 games.

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I'm pretty sure boost mode has no effect on emulated PS2 games. All it does is improve unpatched PS4 games.

Ah okay. Well, I'm not sure what the issue could be then. Sorry Eternal.

I submitted a support ticket to chat to the team directly about it. God only knows when they will reply though. It doesn't happen straight away, when i grinded for the 50 arrests it happened, but when i drove around the place the frame rate was still shit. I tried tweaking the resolution settings on my TV, but it still happened so i dunno. 

• 5 months later...
31 minutes ago, ArkonRhys said:

Eternal, did you ever hear back or it get sorted?

Hey, this only happened in the police station. what i did was get that trophy outta the way first and then start a brand new game. I didn't go into the station at all, the frame rate as fine after that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I started this game today but on an alt account, due to the frame rate complaints I heard before going on it on my main account, I thought to do the Grindy trophies first like the taxi fare, getting busted.

It ran perfectly smooth until I went into the police station to get the busted trophy and that's when it started the lag, i just thought it would sort itself out, so when I get that trophy I decided to attempt the fire truck mission and that's when the framerate dropped so much, it was completely unplayable... it was a good thing I decided to try it on another account first.

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

On 6/6/2018 at 5:03 AM, ZachBoardyHD said:

I started this game today but on an alt account, due to the frame rate complaints I heard before going on it on my main account, I thought to do the Grindy trophies first like the taxi fare, getting busted.

It ran perfectly smooth until I went into the police station to get the busted trophy and that's when it started the lag, i just thought it would sort itself out, so when I get that trophy I decided to attempt the fire truck mission and that's when the framerate dropped so much, it was completely unplayable... it was a good thing I decided to try it on another account first.

Yeah i got the serial offender trophy then deleted and reinstalled the game and everything went smooth from there.

• 7 months later...
On 6/8/2018 at 3:16 AM, EternalChaos72 said:

Yeah i got the serial offender trophy then deleted and reinstalled the game and everything went smooth from there.

You didn't need to reinstall it. I had the same issue grinding that out at the police station and made sure I didn't save afterwards, a simple reset of the game fixes the problem,

It seems there's memory leaking upon exiting the police station and re-entering it. It's likely something with Rockstars coding, not the emulation. It probably happens in the original PS2 version and all the other versions of the game too, but I'm too lazy to confirm that. I doubt they'll address it or that you'll hear anything worthwhile back from Sony. It's hardly a game breaker, the coders at Rockstar obviously never planned on us loading up an interior and then exiting to the map 49 times in a row. xD I guess that's no excuse and it's surprisingly poorly optimized for us to find this, you'd assume they'd clear the memory every time you exit an interior but who knows what they were thinking!?

Still a great game. One of my all-time favorites.

• Like 1