The Lightning Fast Trophy Hunting League.- gauging interest.

Welcome to The League of Lightning Fast Trophy Hunters. This is a Trophy League based on getting platinums and 100% as fast as possible. You can think of this as the antithesis of the normal Trophy Hunting League. In that League if a games that take under 4 hours and 30 minutes to plat/ 100% it doesn't count, but in this that's not only fine the participants are encouraged to play those games.

Since this would be the first season of the league and mainly a test to gauge interest the rules are kind of fast and loose.

RULES

1. Only games where no one in the top 10 of the fastest achievers has a time of 8 hours or more count for points in this League.
  2. If someone in this League plats or 100% one of the games that are affected by rule 1 in less than 7 hours the game will count for them. (This is to award that participant for proving that they could beat the game that fast.)
  3. Fixtures last 5 days and run straight through from one to another.
  4. Stacking and auto-popping is allowed, but any auto-pop that is a inst-plat pop will not count. 
  5. Participants must fully sync their profiles within 6 hours of a fixtures end. All scores are locked after those 6 hours.
  6. Participants must report a tentative score during the 3rd, 4th or 5th day of a Fixture. Failure to do so will result in a lose of 20% of points. If the reported score is 40% or more off of the true score from the time of the report, the participant will lose 20% of these points.
  7. You gain 3 League Points for a definitive win (win the fixture by 20% or more), 2 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss.The points system for each trophy will be: :bronze:=1, :silver:=2, :gold:=6, :platinum:=12
  8. Rules for joining the league, league positioning and forced retirement are the same as the normal THL
  9. If any game used during a fixture takes longer than 24 hours to complete it will not count for that fixture. 
  10. CWC Rules will be revealed if we have enough participants for a CWC.

There is currently no date set for this League. This post is just to see if people would even be interested in a league like this.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Players must Sync their Profiles and report a tentative score within 6 hours of a fixture end.

What's the point of a tentative score if an admin will still need to count the real score anyway? Or are you worried you won't find admins dedicated enough to count five+ pages of trophies per person?

21 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

What's the point of a tentative score if an admin will still need to count the real score anyway? Or are you worried you won't find admins dedicated enough to count five+ pages of trophies per person?

In every other league everyone counts their score anyway, so I would like to know what they think they got before I count as to know how many points I should be looking for. Also this stops the whole you got my score problem, If the admin knows what the participant thinks they earned, the admin can they tell the participant why that is right or wrong.

Yes since this is the first season for this league there may not be any admins to count besides me.

However I may just add a maximum completion time in order of each game to count. Because in a league about speed what's the point of letting trophies that were earned days later count.

That rule would look something like (Once a game has been started for that fixture the participant has X amount of time to finish the game. Once X has passed none the the trophies earned after X will count for that or any other fixture in that season.)

But like I said the rules are fast and loose right now i'm not 100% on anything yet.

Edited by soultaker655

11 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

In every other league everyone counts their score anyway, so I would like to know what they think they got before I count as to know how many points I should be looking for.

Yes since this is the first season for this league there may not be any admins to count besides me.

However I may just add a maximum completion time in order of each game to count. Because in a league about speed what's the point of letting trophies that were earned days later count.

That rule would look something like (Once a game has been started for that fixture the participant has X amount of time to finish the game. Once X has passed none the the trophies earned after X will count for that or any other fixture in that season.)

But like I said the rules are fast and loose right now i'm not 100% on anything yet.

That's all fine and good (kind of), but what are the consequences for not giving a score?

I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but it seems like you slapped this league together in an hour. You should have spent time thinking of the rules best for what you want to do with this league, rather than jot a few rules down and just make up the league as you go along. The opening post is slightly confusing already, and I can tell it's going to get much worse once the thread looks dramatically different a few days from now. People who could potentially enjoy this league will likely just end up confused.

This could potentially be a decent idea. Just put some effort into it.

Just now, jem12345 said:

That's all fine and good (kind of), but what are the consequences for not giving a score?

I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but it seems like you slapped this league together in an hour. You should have spent time thinking of the rules best for what you want to do with this league, rather than jot a few rules down and just make up the league as you go along. The opening post is slightly confusing already, and I can tell it's going to get much worse once the thread looks dramatically different a few days from now. People who could potentially enjoy this league will likely just end up confused.

This could potentially be a decent idea. Just put some effort into it.

6 hours. But before I put true effort into it I need to know if people would even want to do a league like this.

Almost any event will seem confusing at the start, like I could just take out stacking and auto-pop all together, because I kind of wanted to let people stack games, but it could lead to a lot of problems and confusion down the road.

6 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

6 hours. But before I put true effort into it I need to know if people would even want to do a league like this.

Almost any event will seem confusing at the start, like I could just take out stacking and auto-pop all together, because I kind of wanted to let people stack games, but it could lead to a lot of problems and confusion down the road.

No, not how long do people have to give scores. What happens if they don't give scores at all?

Most events are confusing at first, but at least they feel complete.

1 minute ago, jem12345 said:

No, not how long do people have to give scores. What happens if they don't give scores at all?

Most events are confusing at first, but at least they feel complete.

Then nothing counts

Just like in THL if you don't sync in time they don't count.

Edited by soultaker655

36 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

And how is that fair? People can be asleep/ in other circumstances those entire six hours. Also, what's stopping someone from just quickly posting a random number every time?

Participants have five days to say something about their scores. I could add a super harsh rule like "if your reported score is over 30% of your true score you will lose points." but I feel something like that is unnecessary for the first season. The Participant could post a tentative score on day 3 or 4 and that would count. 

Also I've always felt that the participants could give the admins some idea of what they did doing the Fixtures. I've seen that most people count their own score day by day in the other league so what's the problem with just posting that number? Like on day 3 saying "I think I got 106 points so far" is more than enough and give the admins an idea of what kind of score to look for. If you can't do that maybe you should be penalised. I don't know yet.

As for the asleep/ in other circumstances thing that could happen in any other league as well. Life happens and sometimes it gets in the way. 

I've had the idea for this kind of league for a couple months and every time I think about it the rules change, today I just decided to post what I would call the core rules. But like I said the rules are fast and loose because I don't know if people care enough about this kind of league. I could change the sync rule to 12 or 24 hours instead.

I could ban VN, I could let all auto pop count, I count make it where once you use a game you can never use it again in this league. 

I'm not 100% on how harsh I want to be with the rules yet, because if only like 6 people who want to do this the rules will be different from if there are 30 people who want to do this.

There is no date set for this yet for a reason.

What other concerns do you have? While you are not very good at phrasing your questions to show your concern I am still listening.

32 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

@soultaker655 I can help count scores if you like :)  I've done so before on THL for a season or two, and I occasionally help out with counting if someone is unavailable

Thanks.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

What other concerns do you have? While you are not every good at phrasing your questions to show your concern I am still listening.

Thank you for at least listening to me. Sorry if my earlier post sounded harsh. I just like seeing high-quality leagues and want to help your idea improve.

The tentative score thing is the big one, but I also have a problem with only some autopops counting and others not. Either exclude all autopops, or make a ban list of games that won't count (similar to the Rarity League before its revival). How sad would it be to autopop a game in over two hours with a tentative winning score, only to not know it didn't count? Of course, the ban list won't include everything, but at least include the more popular games people are likely to try to use.

@jem12345 How about these rules changes.

• Stacking and auto-popping is allowed, but any auto-pop that is a inst-plat pop will not count. 
  • Players must fully sync their profiles within 6 hours of a fixtures end. All scores are locked after those 6 hours.
  • Players must report a tentative score during the 3rd, 4th or 5th day of a Fixture. Failure to do so will result in a lose of 20% of points. If the reported score is 40% or more off of the true score at the time of the report,the participant will lose 20% of these points.

The rationale behind tentative score rule is to:

1. Lets everyone see how you are doing
  2. Helps the admin a bit by letting them see what kind of score they should be looking for.
  3. They have 3 full days and 6 hours to post a score, if the can't to that they must face the possibility of a definitive loss.
  4. If someone lies or just makes up a number, they also must face the possibility of a definitive loss.
  5. While it doesn't fully stop things like delay syncing, it does let each opponent get a glimpse of what they are up against.

I'm still thinking about the maximum completion time. On one hand it does promote speed and on the other hand i'm not sure how fair it would be. (I can see the arguments that would come up already) 

Edited by soultaker655

34 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

• Stacking and auto-popping is allowed, but any auto-pop that is a inst-plat pop will not count. 
  • Players must fully sync their profiles within 6 hours of a fixtures end. All scores are locked after those 6 hours.
  • Players must report a tentative score during the 3rd, 4th or 5th day of a Fixture. Failure to do so will result in a lose of 20% of points. If the reported score is 40% or more off of the true score ,the participant will lose 20% of these points.

The first two points are clearer, but I'm still confused on the last point. By being 40% off, do you mean off of the final score or the score the participant had at the time of posting? Scores can dramatically change in a few days or even an hour in a league as fast-paced as this.

Edited by jem12345

1 minute ago, jem12345 said:

The first two points are clearer, but I'm still confused on the last point. By being 40% off, do you mean off of the final score or the score the participant had at the time of posting? Scores can dramatically change in a few days or even an hour in a league as fast-paced as this.

At the time of the post, but it won't be counted until after the final sync.

So let's say on the 3rd day at 5pm you say you score is around 230 points. When the admin is counting your score they we see that on the 3rd day your score was really 215. That fine because you are 93% right and are so close that the admin can eyeball it. Your final score could be 700 points because after to made your report you played like 7-8 games. but that doesn't matter because your report was accurate for the time it was reported.

If you say 230 points but really had 600 points on that time then you are 36% accurate and you lose 20%.of the final score.

Or you can look at it like as long as reported score is over 60% accurate you are fine.

2 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

At the time of the post, but it won't be counted until after the final sync.

So let's say on the 3rd day at 5pm you say you score is around 230 points. When the admin is counting your score they we see that on the 3rd day your score was really 215. That fine because you are 93% right and are so close that the admin can eyeball it. Your final score could be 700 points because after to made your report you played like 7-8 games. but that doesn't matter because your report was accurate for the time it was reported.

If you say 230 points but really had 600 points on that time then you are 36% accurate and you lose 20%.of the final score.

Or you can look at it like as long as reported score is over 60% accurate you are fine.

Alright, that makes more sense. I still don't fully agree with this rule, but your fifth point of reasoning behind it is fair at least, and one fair point is all you really need.

I figured interest in this kind of league would be low. 

So far 3 Participants have signed up for the first season if it happens.

1. @Lucas
  2. @Mesopithecus
  3. @Wdog-999

Because this is a league that is about speed the following rule has been added:

"If a game that is used during a season that takes longer than 24 hours to complete it will not count for the fixture it was used in."

This rule is mainly to try and stop things like preparing plats or trophies for a fixture. 

Answers to questions that may come up about this rule.

1. Because of rule 1, all games in this league should be completable in 8 hours or less, in the interest fairness all participants will be given 3 times that to complete each game during the league.
  2. If a game is used during the time in between the start and end of two fixture, it will count for both as long as it is completed before 24 hours are up. The points will be split based on what trophies were earn in each fixture. If it is not completed before 24 hours are up, only the trophies from the first fixture will count.
  3. If a game is started before the league starts, but the completion time is under 24 hours it will count.
  4. No exceptions will be made, if the completion time is 1 day and 1 minute then it will not count.

At least 6 Participants are needed to start the league. At least 12 Participants are needed for a CWC to happen.

Edited by soultaker655

On 18/08/2017 at 10:35 PM, soultaker655 said:

• Players must report a tentative score during the 3rd, 4th or 5th day of a Fixture. Failure to do so will result in a lose of 20% of points. If the reported score is 40% or more off of the true score at the time of the report,the participant will lose 20% of these points.

The rationale behind tentative score rule is to:

1. Lets everyone see how you are doing
  2. Helps the admin a bit by letting them see what kind of score they should be looking for.
  3. They have 3 full days and 6 hours to post a score, if the can't to that they must face the possibility of a definitive loss.
  4. If someone lies or just makes up a number, they also must face the possibility of a definitive loss.
  5. While it doesn't fully stop things like delay syncing, it does let each opponent get a glimpse of what they are up against.

I'm still thinking about the maximum completion time. On one hand it does promote speed and on the other hand i'm not sure how fair it would be. (I can see the arguments that would come up already) 

To @jem12345, I think he means games like Sound Shapes where you get a plat on PS4, and then use that cloud sync to pop the plat on the Vita for example will not count. However, games like Senran Kagura Estival Versus where you get all the trophies on Vita, use cloud sync, and get the rest of the trophies on the vita, but the platinum does not unlock right away due to still having to perform certain skills and such will count. Am I saying this correctly?

11 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Darn, wish I had known about this earlier. :P

Are you interested in joining the first season CJ?

9 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

To @jem12345, I think he means games like Sound Shapes where you get a plat on PS4, and then use that cloud sync to pop the plat on the Vita for example will not count. However, games like Senran Kagura Estival Versus where you get all the trophies on Vita, use cloud sync, and get the rest of the trophies on the vita, but the platinum does not unlock right away due to still having to perform certain skills and such will count. Am I saying this correctly?

Yes this is the correct interpretation of that rule.

Are you interested in joining the first season Garcia?

1 hour ago, soultaker655 said:

Are you interested in joining the first season CJ?

I don't think I have enough games to qualify. I already platinumed all of the games which would work. xD I made another account for 100%ing stuff but I already platinumed all of those games on that account too. I could make a third account just for this event but I think then it would be pushing it. Anyways, gotta go to GameStop soon and pick up The Zodiac Age with my grocery money; my dad is paying for that week of food because I will be living in his house for the week watching over my parents' and little sis's dogs, so I don't think I will be able. Sorry. Also, I need to finish up my platinum trophy for LEGO City Undercover, which is going to take a bit of time. I didn't realize how deep and long 100% would take in this openworlder LEGO game!!!!

If Kent10201 and the other people in the platinum race I am in do not mind and I am do not focus on it, I will make a seventh account (and yet another free e-mail address) just for this event. But I think they are going to really trash me for not keeping my word that I wouldn't make any more accounts. ;)

Edited by MidnightCJ