This game is a shame

I bought it on launch day because I was looking for a game for 4 players. I remembered those games that came out for PS1 and PS2, this was the reason why I bought it.

It has very few game modes for 4 players. It focuses a lot on the online mode and those who do not like and do not want to pay the subscription to psplus, the game stays in nothing ... I sold it a week.

• 3 weeks later...

On 19/08/2017 at 0:39 PM, Usagi-Tsukino-91 said:

I bought it on launch day because I was looking for a game for 4 players. I remembered those games that came out for PS1 and PS2, this was the reason why I bought it.

It has very few game modes for 4 players. It focuses a lot on the online mode and those who do not like and do not want to pay the subscription to psplus, the game stays in nothing ... I sold it a week.

They should put more effort to this game. They focused on battle mode (which is nice) and the game is enjoyable. It has nice controls, backgrounds and stages.

Although, Micro Machines is not a Battle Arena, it's Racing (at least it Was). It only has 10 tracks, power ups are the worst sh*t I've ever seen, AI is Insane (with the new update they abused the catch-up, so your always trying to evade Hammers that kill you instantly, all the time), even the arenas and online game modes could work better if it was local... You can only do some battle in mediocre arenas, shooting and dodging fire and a classic mode to score points in a race with power-ups - its just boring.

I dont see anything positive about this game except the arena and cars control... I would spent 30$ in microtrasactions on Micro machines for Ios/android then this garbage. Even Mashed and Toybox Turbos were way better.

Sorry CodeMasters, not even with Free DLC you'll save this mess...

Wasn't a shame for me, because I skipped out on it and downloaded Micro Machines V4 onto my PSP on release day. If I'm gonna get sucked into nostalgia for a while, I'll do it right.

To be honest though, no, that is a shame. I would love a really good Micro Machines revival, but from what I've seen and heard, this isn't it. They made a phone one a year or two back I believe, and isn't this sucker like an expanded version of that, or did I hear the wrong thing? V4 was over a decade ago now, which is insane to me. I remember getting a demo disc with my PS2 magazine with that game on it and it was really cool, and kickstarted my love for the series. I've only personally stumbled into a PS1 copy of number 1, a Game Boy copy of number 2, and downloaded the PSP V4 as I said earlier. These games are really fun and I think, if launched at 20 odd bucks or something, a well made revival could make some bank. Rocket League is huge and as unlikely as that seemed, it happened. They are by no means the same game, but they have some striking similarities, and I'd even say now would be the ideal time for a revival, it seems they thought that too, but sounds like it was more miss than hit.