Wandering Trow map trophies not popping?

Karmikazee

Have purchased all maps from the Trow and haven't got any of the trophies.

Thought maybe had to complete the matching dungeon first. But have done 2 without the trap finder upgrade and just finished one with all secret rooms and all chests but still no trophy. 

Has anybody had any luck getting any of them, and if so, what's the trick?

Other than that having a great time. 

Edited by Karmikazee

1 hour ago, Guardian_owl said:

Same result, purchased all four maps, completed one including the secret area and no trophy.

Yeah making me nervous. Hoping that may be they just have to be completed in order, something like the chapters.

Finished Finstown (chapter IX) earlier but the trophy didn't pop until I completed chapter VIII and went to Greenlands (chapter X). So hoping it's because haven't completed the 1st map yet, (haven't gone back with upgraded explorer for secret rooms) so the others aren't showing up.  

They way the trophies for chapters work is it pops when you enter the town that follows chronologically after it in the story. So when you entered Finstown, the trophy for Chapter 8 would have popped, despite you not having been in Dounby yet if you entered Finstown when it became available in Kirkwall. Greenland should pop when you enter Stromness, etc.

There are other trophies for acquiring certain items like the tunes and tokens so I don't know why the game couldn't have captured it when you make the purchase, maybe because it doesn't add anything to your inventory. Since its not difficult to find the Wandering Trow and no one has unlocked the trophy yet I suspect it is a widespread issue. I went ahead and sent in a bug report to inXile entertainment so we'll see what they say. Are you playing on PS4 or Vita?

Edited by Guardian_owl

7 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

They way the trophies for chapters work is it pops when you enter the town that follows chronologically after it in the story. So when you entered Finstown, the trophy for Chapter 8 would have popped, despite you not having been in Dounby yet if you entered Finstown when it became available in Kirkwall. Greenland should pop when you enter Stromness, etc.

There are other trophies for acquiring certain items like the tunes and tokens so I don't know why the game couldn't have captured it when you make the purchase, maybe because it doesn't add anything to your inventory. Since its not difficult to find the Wandering Trow and no one has unlocked the trophy yet I suspect it is a widespread issue. I went ahead and sent in a bug report to inXile entertainment so we'll see what they say. Are you playing on PS4 or Vita?

Yeah understand how chapter trophies work, it's just a bit unusual to have them not show up till the next area, instead of when you finish that particular one. So am hoping they have similar odd mechanic in play for the Trow map trophies. Though reading them it sounds like you just have to purchase the maps.

Playing on the ps4. Great you sent in a report. Hopefully they respond.

Just an update. Have now finished up to chapter XI, have completed all map dungeons including secret areas, and still no map trophies. Looks like it's definitely glitched

@Tearraven As you're playing on Vita, am wondering if you're experiencing major slowdown whenever you're near water? 

On ps4 have just finished the mines and am now in the Finfolk caverns. It is so bad the game is almost unplayable. It's like trying to play in a sea of molasses.  

@Guardian_owl Thanks but did try changing up my summons and didn't make any difference. This happened through the entire game even back in Houton in the watery areas before I even was using summons. Also have a couple of friends playing this on ps4 and they're having the same problem.

Glad to hear it's not as bad on the Vita.

Finished the game and got the normal and hard difficulty trophies but can't get the easy mode one to pop. And still no map trophies. :(

So, I'm seeing 0%s on the Plat and 4 trow map trophies. Hope they fix it, but semi reassuring that it's not just me. 

Water sucks on the ps4 version so bad too. If the game gets patched a fix for water areas, stuck dialog, and trophies would be great.

@Karmikazeeout of curiosity which option did you pick at the end on easy mode when you didn't get the trophy? I picked each option on each play through, and I ended up having to redo one. I think it was because I chose walk away, but I can't confirm it now that I have all 3 trophies. I just cheesed back to the end via debug menu, and made a different choice to get it though :)

Edited by acidOD

@acidOD As was so frustrated with things like the water slowdown at the end just picked option 3 and got the normal trophy. Re-did with option 1 and got Old School. But after that tried all three and none would make easy pop. Finally used the level cheat to replay the end on easy. Normally wouldn't do such a thing but after what a mess this game is, didn't feel bad about it at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just an update, guys: on the official developer forum for this game, one of the inXile developers said a patch was in the works. This was posted on 10/26. It's not much, but a little bit of hope is better than nothing.

If we don't see or hear anything else by March, I think we can assume this is another Dragon Fin Soup.

• 4 years later...