Just got the game, do I need need to know anything? (Minimal/no spoilers)

wackt1

On 8/20/2017 at 2:28 AM, wackt1 said:

Just got the game and new to the series, so do I need to know anything about this game?

I wouldn't recommend playing it blind unless you don't mind additional playthroughs. Certain items/drops can only be gotten once at certain parts of the game making some trophies missable. I would keep those trophies in mind while playing the game. You'll save yourself alot of trouble later on.

• Like 1

5 things to note, IMO:

1. There is no checkpointing until after the first 45mins (ish) section, but that's not how the game works afterwards, so if you die and have to restart, don't assume the whole game is that harsh.

2. Do sidequests. Not all, if you don't want to, but there are good stories in them.

3. Don't stop after one playthrough. (That's probably well known enough at this point, but just in case)

4. Don't worry about trophies - (seriously. All missed trophies can be legit popped after final playthrough using in-game, completely legit methods)

5. Try to avoid thinking about the insane levels of praise the game gets. Just play it like a regular game - the reasons it stands out will make tgemselves known anyways, and looking for the twists is a great way to ruin them.

have fun! (Or, well, have something, I guess...)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...