Quick way to centre with one glyph.

michael_martin

7 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

Long story short, do you guys have some good tips how to jump these 5500 lightyears quickly when you only have a beginner ship?

I would recommend using black holes. They always take you closer to the centre. Find Polo using the Atlas path first. He will tell you where the black hole is. Three or four black holes should get you very close to the centre.

10 hours ago, thekiffer21 said:

Isnt it also possible to find a beacon or a landing pad and use a bypass chip on it to call your ship?

Yes that should actually work, however, good luck finding one of those by foot when you land on a completely new planet by portal. A base however can be searched by a signal, that's why everyone is going for bases. :P Also, it helps with the Reunion trophy.

14 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

Yes that should actually work, however, good luck finding one of those by foot when you land on a completely new planet by portal. A base however can be searched by a signal, that's why everyone is going for bases. :P Also, it helps with the Reunion trophy.

I'm afraid that calling a ship using a bypass chip does not work after going through a portal, you'll only get the warning "ship out of reach".

I did not try finding and repairing a crashed ship or buying a ship at a trading post, both of which might/should work...

5 minutes ago, thekiffer21 said:

Oh god, thought once i get off my starting planet i would be halfway there xD

Nope, it's still considerable effort even after that. Resources are pretty scarce on permadeath and all the planets will seem like they exist only to murder you.

Still doable though, particularly since you can skip 680KLY worth of jumps with the gates.

• Like 1