Trophy hunting for other people as a service.

USA_Elite_Badass

"Ei se ole hullu joka pyytää, vaan se joka maksaa"

My poor translation: He who tries to make a buck isn't mad. Mad is the person who is willing to pay. 

Even if it was free, it would defeat the purpose of trophies. Trophies aren't the same as, say, some MMORPGs i-ngame currency. 

• Like 2

Group accounts, shareplay, passing a controller to someone else or paying someone to do trophies for youis really no different to hacking, a flaggable offense.

In all these scenarios, one person (or more) does all the work and a different person entirely reaps all the benefit, which is extremely scummy.

Someone earlier in this thread said that this is just dedicated trophy hunters going to extreme measures.

No.

These people are not dedicated trophy hunters. They are fakers, nothing more than dedicated cheaters. They aren't trophy hunters in the slightest.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Oh reeeaaally?

Zjbx0G9.png

:P

I've done the Mahjong myself because i thought i wouldn't be able to do it, but i did. 

12 hours ago, The__High_Ground said:

ohhh shiiit waddup....exposed hahah 
dont be a hypocrite eternal, nothings wrong with having a little help tho ahah
just saying

I'm not being a hypocrite, i done it myself in the end up. 

• Like 2

I think a better (or maybe more interesting) way to approach this topic would be to reverse the question: if somebody was willing to pay you to earn trophies on their account, would you do it? Is it hypocritical to say that it's wrong to pay someone else to do the work for you but that you'd be okay if somebody paid you to do the same thing? The whole adage "If you're good at something, never do it for free" comes to mind, but is it really any different than helping someone cheat?

I'd be curious to hear people's thoughts on this.

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

I think a better (or maybe more interesting) way to approach this topic would be to reverse the question: if somebody was willing to pay you to earn trophies on their account, would you do it? Is it hypocritical to say that it's wrong to pay someone else to do the work for you but that you'd be okay if somebody paid you to do the same thing? The whole adage "If you're good at something, never do it for free" comes to mind, but is it really any different than helping someone cheat?

I had a guy once send a psn message out of the blue saying that he'd send me a $50 psn card if I would platinum Assassins Creed 2 on his account.

I remember thinking, that game takes like 40 hours to plat. Does this guy seriously think I'm going to work for about £1/hour?

how little does he think I value my time?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

I've done the Mahjong myself because i thought i wouldn't be able to do it, but i did. 

Ohh ok lol I'm just trying to say nothing wrong with help every once Ina while haha

4 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Yeah, that's not how it works. :P You can't just take the morale high ground saying you "refuse to let anyone earn a trophy" for you when you were perfectly willing to stoop that low just a few months ago. That was just a straight up lie. Just because you didn't end up going through with it doesn't mean jack. You're still a hypocrite. In your own words, "fuck the cheaters". :giggle:

18 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Fuck that, why would you even do that?

I don't know, you tell me. You're the expert. :awesome:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, USA_Elite_Badass said:

I found an ad on a certain website about someone offering to earn platinum trophies for your account as a cheap service.

If it was a PS4 game and you didn't have a PS4, it might be a very useful service for certain trophy hunters.

What is your thoughts about this?

Why? Shouldn't you want to experience the gratification of earning trophies yourself? The whole point of trophy hunting is hunting the trophies, not paying someone to get them for you. 

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Nope, the only trophies I earn are for my account. 

So whether it was paying someone or someone paying me, I wouldn't go for it. It's a hobby not a job.

Well, apparently Sony doesn't even need that no account share policy as all of you think the same and would follow the rules even if the rules weren't there anyways.

Meanwhile, game developers know this so they smile while taking your money and making games you won't normally buy if they didn't have trophies.

2 hours ago, USA_Elite_Badass said:

Well, apparently Sony doesn't even need that no account share policy as all of you think the same and would follow the rules even if the rules weren't there anyways.

Meanwhile, game developers know this so they smile while taking your money and making games you won't normally buy if they didn't have trophies.

I mean, that's a personal decision. I'm sure there are people out there who would pay for that service, just like there are people out there who buy games just for the trophies. Ultimately, it's your account and you're free to do with it what you will, as long as it follows Sony's policies.

In my opinion, though, if you're actively paying someone to play games for you just so that you can look more badass, I might question your priorities in life. At the same time, I wouldn't really care. If having more trophies or a higher completion percentage makes you happy, and if you see nothing morally wrong in paying someone to earn those trophies for you, then go right ahead. The only thing you should be concerned about is putting your account at risk. But maybe it's worth it to you, if you'd rather just enjoy games and not worry about chasing after trophies. I can totally understand that. At that point, though, why bother collecting trophies in the first place?

• Like 1

I don't like it. Trophies are to be earned and not bought, and it is the same way in real life. Those who are desperate enough to pay for such a service seriously need to reconsider their priorities in life. I look at my trophies as my own accomplishment at having worked hard at a game to earn them and feel proud of all of them even the easy ones. Having someone else do it just ruins the point of trophies altogether.

I don't even let others earn me trophies for free. I could easily bribe my brother into winning the chocobo game in FFX or doing proud and critical mode in KH for me as he got those and I could never get them as I suck at KH, but I choose not to. Buying trophies seems cowardly and pathetic to me.    

• Like 1

I'd never bother with that. I didn't care about trophies for a few years so unfortunately I have a lot of older games with probably unattainable multiplayer trophies. So I'm not really that bothered if I don't manage to get the platinum, or get close enough to the platinum since my list is full of gaps anyway. I remember stressing myself out trying to get the time trial trophies for Mirror's Edge, and I had to make myself give up because I realised that it wasn't worth it. But paying for it and not earning it myself would have been even worse than all that wasted time. Even buying 'my name is mayo' would be a better use of money. ;) 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 21.8.2017 at 9:01 AM, madbuk said:

passing a controller to someone else or paying someone to do trophies for youis really no different to hacking, a flaggable offense.

So if I'm playing with a friend or family member and we take turns with the controller, and then trophy pops, I'm a hacker and should be banned? I know post is old but that's hilarious. Please ban me, I'm a hacker.

FNKKWZrXEAMa3-W.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 9:00 AM, Cassylvania said:

I think a better (or maybe more interesting) way to approach this topic would be to reverse the question: if somebody was willing to pay you to earn trophies on their account, would you do it?

Never. I could not care less if they offered $50 or $5.000, because it's wrong. Buying trophies to make a BS profile instead of earning them could be a sign of being too obsessed.

I can understand using something like this if you are really desperate to get that one obscure stack from some country with weird restrictions for buying games like mainland china or korea. Or you want a plat of a delisted digital only game you forgot to buy like say the ps3 legend of korra game. But trophies are supposed to be a record of what you played, using these services is just throwing money away. Plus using these services is just asking for your account to be stolen or your account banned as theres no guarantee this person will play these games legit and may instead just pop it through cfw trophy editing programs.

People should put in their own work to earn trophies, even online trophies that require boosting. 

Paying someone to earn trophies for you is scummy and giving up your login information to a stranger is a big no no. 

No way was I going to pay Stay Pationt $500 to give me the Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain platinum, or Hakoom around a thousand dollars to platinum Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

On 11/24/2022 at 1:54 AM, Silver-I-Chariot said:

So if I'm playing with a friend or family member and we take turns with the controller, and then trophy pops, I'm a hacker and should be banned? I know post is old but that's hilarious. Please ban me, I'm a hacker.

FNKKWZrXEAMa3-W.jpg

Yes hello @MMDE this guy played a party game with his family and a trophy popped while SOMEONE ELSE had the controller I DEMAND that he is flagged IMMEDIATELY and never returned to the leaderboards thank you

/joke if you cant tell

Edited by Valzentia
some people dont understand comedy