Fear Effect Reinvented (Remake)

Ptirle

2 minutes ago, HARD_ANGEL_FAN said:

Keep the sexy ass elevator scene...or was that in the second one??? damn it was the second one... bummer..but i hope they keep the Sex appeal between both leading ladies. This was a great game in its time. 

Here is a quote from their Kickstarter FAQ

"The only thing that we will be careful about is not to over-sexualise this(=Hana & Rain) love relationship, that has been probably clumsily highlighted in some marketing campaigns in Fear Effect Retro Helix, and wasn’t doing justice to these two strong characters’ love affair."

31 minutes ago, skateak said:

I will probably pass. I remember reading something about this game and they seem to be completely changing it from the old Fear Effect. I wish I could find the article. 

The game you are referring to is Fear Effect Sedna... which is still in development and this one is A REMAKE of FE1 from ps1 as I stated above. 2 different games.

23 minutes ago, skateak said:

"The only thing that we will be careful about is not to over-sexualise this(=Hana & Rain) love relationship

I think this scene in a demo is hotter than Fe2 elevator scene :D 

Edited by Ptirle

A welcome surprise (and perhaps a sign that Square Enix is looking to give the remake treatment to some of their other IPs). The FMV backgrounds always struck me as a gimmick, but a gimmick done incredibly well - the game's hugely atmospheric, even with a somewhat inconsistent tone. If the dev team can translate that into a remake, it should definitely be worth checking out. Rehauling the tank controls - not inherently an issue, but definitely a poor match for Fear Effect - would also be a major plus. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out. 

10 minutes ago, TheArcadeKid said:

A welcome surprise (and perhaps a sign that Square Enix is looking to give the remake treatment to some of their other IPs). The FMV backgrounds always struck me as a gimmick, but a gimmick done incredibly well - the game's hugely atmospheric, even with a somewhat inconsistent tone. If the dev team can translate that into a remake, it should definitely be worth checking out. Rehauling the tank controls - not inherently an issue, but definitely a poor match for Fear Effect - would also be a major plus. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out. 

Square enix? Eidos was only the publisher with kronos entertainment retaining full rights to the IP

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

It's alive!

FEAR EFFECT REINVENTED is an action-adventure, true-to-the-original remake of the first game from the classic Fear Effect franchise - refreshed with improved graphics and controls.

Wi-Ming Lam, the daughter of a Hong Kong Triad boss, has been kidnapped. Take the roles of the mercenary trio: Hana, Glas, and Deke, and try to find the missing girl.

FEATURES:

- Iconic adventure-horror with reinvented gameplay, graphics, and controls.

- Original story expanded to three separate campaigns.

- Modern third-person perspective camera.

- Play as Hana Tsu-Vachel, Royce Glas, or Jakob "Deke" Decourt and unravel all secrets of demonic conspiracy.

- From cover-based battle system to survival horror elements. - Unlock the whole gallery to get even more additional content.

- Collect items, solve puzzles and manage your inventory to beat three difficulty modes.

On 8/24/2022 at 10:54 PM, ziggypossum said:

It's alive!

FEAR EFFECT REINVENTED is an action-adventure, true-to-the-original remake of the first game from the classic Fear Effect franchise - refreshed with improved graphics and controls.

Wi-Ming Lam, the daughter of a Hong Kong Triad boss, has been kidnapped. Take the roles of the mercenary trio: Hana, Glas, and Deke, and try to find the missing girl.

FEATURES:

- Iconic adventure-horror with reinvented gameplay, graphics, and controls.

- Original story expanded to three separate campaigns.

- Modern third-person perspective camera.

- Play as Hana Tsu-Vachel, Royce Glas, or Jakob "Deke" Decourt and unravel all secrets of demonic conspiracy.

- From cover-based battle system to survival horror elements. - Unlock the whole gallery to get even more additional content.

- Collect items, solve puzzles and manage your inventory to beat three difficulty modes.

True to the original remake? Not so. This is a generic cover based shooter, like every other game nowadays. For shame really.

Edited by Ptirle

I thought the game was cancelled because there had been no new info about it on its official Twitter account since before the pandemic started. I'm glad it isn't. \:D/

17 hours ago, Ptirle said:

True to the original remake? Not so. This is a generic cover based shooter, like every other game novadays. For shame really.

Both this and Fear Effect Sedna feels like "Fear Effect on a budget".

I grabbed Sedna in 2019 for $2, and platted it. Although I didn't despise it, the experience wasn't good because the controls were atrocious. I even tweeted to them about it. ?