Technical Questions with Trophies

Parasol_Star_85

I have some questions in respect of trophies, I have searched high & low but cant find any information on the web.

1. When a game is created, who decides what the trophies will be for that game? Is it Sony or the game maker?

2. Whoever it is, does the other party 'Approve it'? e.g. you could imagine creating a game where some party proposes a nigh on impossible trophy, this would but some trophy hunters off and tehreby reduce sales of that game.

3. How does a trophy get technically awarded? My reason for this one, is I was one of the people who get messed around with the Dominion trophy on Infinite Warfare, and I don't understand what the whole issue was with it? Obviously you get trophies offline, so the Playstation is 'telling itself?' that you have completed a trophy, but why was it not awarding itself a trophy?

Thanks all!

12 minutes ago, Parasol_Star said:

I have some questions in respect of trophies, I have searched high & low but cant find any information on the web.

1. When a game is created, who decides what the trophies will be for that game? Is it Sony or the game maker?

2. Whoever it is, does the other party 'Approve it'? e.g. you could imagine creating a game where some party proposes a nigh on impossible trophy, this would but some trophy hunters off and tehreby reduce sales of that game.

3. How does a trophy get technically awarded? My reason for this one, is I was one of the people who get messed around with the Dominion trophy on Infinite Warfare, and I don't understand what the whole issue was with it? Obviously you get trophies offline, so the Playstation is 'telling itself?' that you have completed a trophy, but why was it not awarding itself a trophy?

Thanks all!

1._ The company who create the game decide how are going to be the trophy"s, for example there is a lot of games that should have and the dont or in the case games that could have a platinium but the company didnt doit.

Sony let a while ago the permision to all designers to put trophy"s in their games.

2._ I suppose yes Sony should see that the trophy"s pass the requeriments to be published no matter how hard they cant be or if they would be impossible in a future for example some online trophy"s 

Look at games like Crypt of Necrodancer and you will se imposible trophy"s ?

3._ Well dont know how to answer this one but I get trophy"s like a hobby so the reward is something inside me that makes me feel proud!

crespino97.png

Edited by crespino97
  • Like 1

I don't know the technical answers to your questions, but there are trophies out there that are next to impossible. Some of these are because of glitches or server shutdowns, but there are some that are conscious efforts by the development team to deliberately insult or aggravate the player. Others aren't impossible, but they're purposely trollish, such as one trophy in Don't Starve and several in Undertale. Does it actually affect sales? I'm not sure, but I admit it doesn't look good on a company when they go out of their way to frustrate the player, simply out of spite.