Everybody's Golf Trophies

Munkian

There's still another week and a few days left until release date. A lot of the times a trophy list only shows up either the day before or even on release day (sometimes later). If you haven't been able to find any info about them, then the chances are they haven't showed up early.

48 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Thank you for letting me know. :P I own the Vita version, I feel glad to know that I chose the good version!

The PS3 version is only harder because it has 4 extra challenge tournaments at the highest rank compared to the Vita version, and they are meant to be pretty tough, which means there are more stars & crowns you need to earn.

7 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

The PS3 version is only harder because it has 4 extra challenge tournaments at the highest rank compared to the Vita version, and they are meant to be pretty tough, which means there are more stars & crowns you need to earn.

It is true that those challenges make the ps3 version more difficult (7-2 was the second hardest level for me. GIR over 18 holes with Superstorm EVERY hole. If the wind blows directly toward you on some holes it makes it impossible to hit it far enough to make GIR) but the crown requirements as well as the matches in general are different. For example in both versions you have to defeat Isaac but in the ps3 version of 7-VS2 you have to do it with the "Teeny cup" setting AND consecutive birdies which is ridiculously hard compared to simply winning with the set club number (Vita requirement).

Looking at the requirements for both now it seems that the rules for the Vita's VS levels are all regular match type with VS2 being point matches. The ps3 adds something for every VS2 (and most VS1). 1-VS2 is the only one of those that seems easier on the ps3 due to Mega Cup.

The hardest level imo is 5-5 on Ps3. For both systems it is Al Arabian 18 holes but on the Vita you just need to chip in a birdie on one of the holes and on the ps3 you have to get GIR every hole. I literally leveled all of my characters to max trying to get this (I should note that it took my gf 2 tries on her account though ?).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RVMcypress_grave said:

It is true that those challenges make the ps3 version more difficult (7-2 was the second hardest level for me. GIR over 18 holes with Superstorm EVERY hole. If the wind blows directly toward you on some holes it makes it impossible to hit it far enough to make GIR) but the crown requirements as well as the matches in general are different. For example in both versions you have to defeat Isaac but in the ps3 version of 7-VS2 you have to do it with the "Teeny cup" setting AND consecutive birdies which is ridiculously hard compared to simply winning with the set club number (Vita requirement).

Looking at the requirements for both now it seems that the rules for the Vita's VS levels are all regular match type with VS2 being point matches. The ps3 adds something for every VS2 (and most VS1). 1-VS2 is the only one of those that seems easier on the ps3 due to Mega Cup.

The hardest level imo is 5-5 on Ps3. For both systems it is Al Arabian 18 holes but on the Vita you just need to chip in a birdie on one of the holes and on the ps3 you have to get GIR every hole. I literally leveled all of my characters to max trying to get this (I should note that it took my gf 2 tries on her account though 1f621.png).

I actually wasn't fully aware of the crown requirements being different, and in most cases tougher, on the PS3 version. I've only just beat Issac on the PS3 version and have the grind for crowns and everything else ahead of me. I think the Vita version came out after the PS3 one, so maybe they decided to make the Vita version slightly easier. :P

• Like 1

Its interesting seeing what trophies the first few folks playing the game have earned.  No one yet has even got the albatross, don't mind the condor.  Also, highest % completion so far is just 21%. Early days but this will be one hard platinum.

I for one am hoping it plays well via remote play on the Vita.  I loved playing the original Vita game while watching some box-sets and this game could also be perfect for that.