The Love For Dynasty Warriors

syumisan

I love all the Koei games as I love beat em ups in general or any one vs many game, so that includes all the Koei games, the EDF games stuff like The Warriors and Urban Reign that were on PS2, I think I own most of the beat em ups old and new on PS3 or PS4. I think koei games have a characters that they develop over games that make me love them more, the whole way DW has been handled genuinely makes me caare about the characters, although unfortunately being loosely based on history sucks having to see some awesome guys die repeatedly.

If you want to contact Koei just use twitter their forums are dead, try to get people to jump on a koei family hash tag or something and you'll likely garner interest. I thin its a lot harder to get them to listen since Chin left though.

The best part of Dynasty Warriors is that it has lead most of its fans to know more abaout chinese history than the country they currently reside in and thats an achievement.

On 01/10/2017 at 4:11 AM, syumisan said:

T.T

I miss his......TONFA T.T

NOOOOOO but let's see how he is though. I used his spear and he was great though :)

On 01/10/2017 at 4:15 AM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I've only liked his tonfa.

A lot of the other characters look fine. Some even have informal costumes.

This genuinely bugs me when they change a characters weapon, a lot of the guys I associate with their weapons now so when they end up with move sets similar to spears and swords it bugs me.

On 14/09/2017 at 4:56 PM, starcrunch061 said:

It's too bad, too. They've clearly turned Jia Xu into such a character, but to be honest, nothing in the book would suggest that he was a bad guy, other than the fact that he worked with Dong Zhuo. He probably did more to enhance Zhang Xiu than anyone.

Now, Jia Chong, on the other hand, was every bit the asshole in the book as he was in the game (though he was also pretty incapable in the book as well).

Liu Bei needs to be a villain who stole a kingdom off his cousin. The book this is all based on seems to have a huge bias to Shu being the good guys, but considering Zhuge Liangs reasons for killing Wei Yan was that he was kinda ugly and hence suspicious, I do question that judgement call.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

If you want to contact Koei just use twitter their forums are dead

That's funny because I do talk to the PR of Koei lol. Other then that I don't use anything else to ask questions and whatnot. Haha

But I am hoping the game is great man! I love them for many many years lol. Ohhhh can't wait for it

4 hours ago, Superbuu3 said:

but considering Zhuge Liangs reasons for killing Wei Yan was that he was kinda ugly and hence suspicious, I do question that judgement call.

wait what?
" After Zhuge Liang's death in 234, Wei Yan was killed by another Shu general, Ma Dai for alleged treason." thought there was something off about what you said at the end lol

I was like "umm coulda swore zhuge liang was dead when wei yan died"

Edited by The High Ground

2 hours ago, The High Ground said:

wait what?
" After Zhuge Liang's death in 234, Wei Yan was killed by another Shu general, Ma Dai for alleged treason." thought there was something off about what you said at the end lol

I was like "umm coulda swore zhuge liang was dead when wei yan died"

He tried to have him killed in battle against Sima Yi, his plan was to get them both killed, but rain prevented a fire attack or something. After Zhuge Liang death he had this elaborate plan to make Wei Yan look treasonous or a coward and that was why he was executed again this differs in certain accounts, he also hid his death from Wei Yan. His death out of most characters seems to have the most debate as written accounts of him and Yang Yi contradicted each other as they were calling each other traitor. Ultimately someone backstabbed someone though. Oh and to clarify Yang Yi was Zhuge Liang's subordinate and he told Ma Dai to bring him Wei Yan's head he desecrated in some manner after he got it, so he comes across as an asshole.

His reasons for not trusting him were because Wei Yan had something in his appearance in Chinese superstition that means you can't be trusted and he had a dream of him with a horn. This was mentioned in DW 7 in the trivia game or notes IIRC or one of the other games. If you google it you'll likely hit a lot of arguements of people trying to point out how much of an asshole Zhuge Liang was, he pretty much rode the battle of Chi Bi as his success. Jiang Wei who's his genius disciple in the games was a awful tactician. The games make it pretty clear considering Shu were in a strong position and some how lost the overall war.

If you want really long links of people arguing over this I can find you some, lol. Most seem to agree Zhuge Liang had a hand in his death the bigger arguement seems to be whether it was justified, everything I have read though suggested it wasn't. Zhuge Liang is basically Batman in the koei games and Wei Yan is supposed to be stupid so we'll never get the proper story in games.

Edited by Superbuu3

46 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

He tried to have him killed in battle against Sima Yi, his plan was to get them both killed, but rain prevented a fire attack or something. After Zhuge Liang death he had this elaborate plan to make Wei Yan look treasonous or a coward and that was why he was executed again this differs in certain accounts, he also hid his death from Wei Yan. His death out of most characters seems to have the most debate as written accounts of him and Yang Yi contradicted each other as they were calling each other traitor. Ultimately someone backstabbed someone though. Oh and to clarify Yang Yi was Zhuge Liang's subordinate and he told Ma Dai to bring him Wei Yan's head he desecrated in some manner after he got it, so he comes across as an asshole.

His reasons for not trusting him were because Wei Yan had something in his appearance in Chinese superstition that means you can't be trusted and he had a dream of him with a horn. This was mentioned in DW 7 in the trivia game or notes IIRC or one of the other games. If you google it you'll likely hit a lot of arguements of people trying to point out how much of an asshole Zhuge Liang was, he pretty much rode the battle of Chi Bi as his success. Jiang Wei who's his genius disciple in the games was a awful tactician. The games make it pretty clear considering Shu were in a strong position and some how lost the overall war.

If you want really long links of people arguing over this I can find you some, lol. Most seem to agree Zhuge Liang had a hand in his death the bigger arguement seems to be whether it was justified, everything I have read though suggested it wasn't. Zhuge Liang is basically Batman in the koei games and Wei Yan is supposed to be stupid so we'll never get the proper story in games.

lol well either way, seemed like the second Zhuge Liang died, everything went down the shitter for shu, could even argue as soon as Guan Yu decided not to give up jing that thats when it went down the shitter. Yeah Yang Yi was a horrible strategist too

22 hours ago, The High Ground said:

lol well either way, seemed like the second Zhuge Liang died, everything went down the shitter for shu, could even argue as soon as Guan Yu decided not to give up jing that thats when it went down the shitter. Yeah Yang Yi was a horrible strategist too

Well mentioning that now it seems like Zhuge Liang seemed to favour who he liked rather than who was talented, interesting as Cao Cao had the exact opposite opinion, which lead to his success and honestly I loved the bromance in Wei.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Well mentioning that now it seems like Zhuge Liang seemed to favour who he liked rather than who was talented, interesting as Cao Cao had the exact opposite opinion, which lead to his success and honestly I loved the bromance in Wei.

yeah I loved wei too, ahah really "bromance" thought I was the only one who thought wei was a big bromance :awesome: 

• Like 1

Just now, The High Ground said:

yeah I loved wei too, ahah really "bromance" thought I was the only one who thought wei was a big bromance :awesome: 

I always thought the Shu bromance was too forced. The whole things about three men hanging out in the woods in a cherry blossom garden seemed like a normal romance.

Various people made sacrifices for Cao Cao and some genuinely emotional scenes outisde of the extreme cheesiness the game has in general (I love the cheese). Man I dunno if I can go through the losses of the Wei team again. I love the characters more and more each game lol. I love how dynasty warriors fans get me, surprisingly loving a bunch of guys and gals in ancient china comes across as a bit weird.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Superbuu3 said:

I always thought the Shu bromance was too forced. The whole things about three men hanging out in the woods in a cherry blossom garden seemed like a normal romance.

Various people made sacrifices for Cao Cao and some genuinely emotional scenes outisde of the extreme cheesiness the game has in general (I love the cheese). Man I dunno if I can go through the losses of the Wei team again. I love the characters more and more each game lol. I love how dynasty warriors fans get me, surprisingly loving a bunch of guys and gals in ancient china comes across as a bit weird.

Lol Me too. Loving the franchise has givin me weird looks rsther then appreciate there are other *asian* countries besides *Japan*. Hahahah

Yes its true, the Wei Kingdom did feel like a huge family type gathering similar to Wu. Shu....I don't know it was very ehhh....Hmmmmm can't explain it lol. I just feel for Ma Chao and all. But shit the way the kingdom fell apart so quickly was like *wtf?*  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, syumisan said:

Lol Me too. Loving the franchise has givin me weird looks rsther then appreciate there are other *asian* countries besides *Japan*. Hahahah

Yes its true, the Wei Kingdom did feel like a huge family type gathering similar to Wu. Shu....I don't know it was very ehhh....Hmmmmm can't explain it lol. I just feel for Ma Chao and all. But shit the way the kingdom fell apart so quickly was like *wtf?*  

I'm not sure if its just me, but I get the feeling that Wu feels under represented in the game. I mean it might be due to the fact the biggest battles seemed to be between shu and wei. I always did like the whole family thing they have going on, but I don't really feel like we get much time with the characters. I guess they had leadership changes too and a lot of deaths which mess things up.

I think Shu were screwed the moment Liu Shan was in charge. I mean if you look at it Shu went from a suddenly strong position after Chi Bi a combined effort of incompetent leaders chosen by Zhuge Liang and this whole thing of assuming Liu Shan was automatically a good leader lead to there downfall. Oh and my blatent bias towards the shu leaders doesn't extend to their generals, I mean who can't love Ma Chao's spear/sword of justice (this genuinely bugged me when they chaned him to a sword in 6) or Zhao Yun and his baby antics. Pan Tong, Xu Shu, Huang Zhong are all very cool. Xing Cai is the coolest shield maiden and Guan Yin Ping is just adorable.

Although lets face it any die hard DW fan knows the only contender for most beautiful character is obviously:

Spoiler

zhang-he-dynasty-warriors-8-27.7.jpg

16 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

I'm not sure if its just me, but I get the feeling that Wu feels under represented in the game. I mean it might be due to the fact the biggest battles seemed to be between shu and wei. I always did like the whole family thing they have going on, but I don't really feel like we get much time with the characters. I guess they had leadership changes too and a lot of deaths which mess things up.

Exactly. The storyline with Wu goes by too quickly because Sun Jian and Sun Ce die rather right behind each other. Which sucks because you do not see growth with the leader and kingdom :(

I think Shu were screwed the moment Liu Shan was in charge. I mean if you look at it Shu went from a suddenly strong position after Chi Bi a combined effort of incompetent leaders chosen by Zhuge Liang and this whole thing of assuming Liu Shan was automatically a good leader lead to there downfall. Oh and my blatent bias towards the shu leaders doesn't extend to their generals, I mean who can't love Ma Chao's spear/sword of justice (this genuinely bugged me when they chaned him to a sword in 6) or Zhao Yun and his baby antics. Pan Tong, Xu Shu, Huang Zhong are all very cool. Xing Cai is the coolest shield maiden and Guan Yin Ping is just adorable.

Yes absolutely, I do not like Liu Shan(His character in game was awesome but story not really) and the fact he automatically had to be just like his father. I kinda think that was a rush type of thing and also knowing he wasn't really into the politics. 

Haha Zhao Yun saving Liu Shan was awesome and pretty sad at the same time. 

Also that is true, after the teamp for Chi Bi they were on top of the world and after the agreement with Jing....Yea lets face it that was Shu's downfall. I personally do not like Zhuge Liang.... He was always strange with me and I for some reason can't get along with him. Haha Sima Yi is more my style or Chen Gong ;)

Although lets face it any die hard DW fan knows the only contender for most beautiful character is obviously:

Reveal hidden contents

zhang-he-dynasty-warriors-8-27.7.jpg

Omg yes, "You are truly the most beautiful warrior of the Three Kingdoms!" 

• Like 1

Just now, syumisan said:

Exactly. The storyline with Wu goes by too quickly because Sun Jian and Sun Ce die rather right behind each other. Which sucks because you do not see growth with the leader and kingdom :(

Thats not to mention that even characters like Zhou Yu, Lu Xun and Lu Meng seem to get little to no development considering they are the strategists, most of my views on them seem to be from 5, where the characters got individual stories. Its like koei just randomly thought they'd focus on those characters relationships, as they seem to have the most prominent wives.

Just now, syumisan said:

Yes absolutely, I do not like Liu Shan(His character in game was awesome but story not really) and the fact he automatically had to be just like his father. I kinda think that was a rush type of thing and also knowing he wasn't really into the politics. 

Haha Zhao Yun saving Liu Shan was awesome and pretty sad at the same time. 

Also that is true, after the teamp for Chi Bi they were on top of the world and after the agreement with Jing....Yea lets face it that was Shu's downfall. I personally do not like Zhuge Liang.... He was always strange with me and I for some reason can't get along with him. Haha Sima Yi is more my style or Chen Gong ;)

That sounds about right, he seems like the most half assed character considering his prominent role. The game seems to portray him more naive than outright stupid. The way the kids re handled confuses me its like a bunch of them come off as super douchey, I mean we got Xiahou Ba, Zhuge Dan and Liu Shan who i think were all added in 7 and all have the worst personalities  (part of me loves Xiahou Ba due to character design as he seems like a kid and picked out the heaviest armour and biggest sword because they looked cool).

I used to really like Zhuge Liang because his character design was cool, but then progressively after playing lots of games him telling me that when I kicked his ass was all part of his strategy I slowly started hating him. Conversely I started loving Sima Yi more and more.

Just now, syumisan said:

Omg yes, "You are truly the most beautiful warrior of the Three Kingdoms!" 

I loved that bit in the DW7 chronicles mode where theres a battle called something like Beauties of the Battlefield and you fight Zhang He.

1 minute ago, Superbuu3 said:

Thats not to mention that even characters like Zhou Yu, Lu Xun and Lu Meng seem to get little to no development considering they are the strategists, most of my views on them seem to be from 5, where the characters got individual stories. Its like koei just randomly thought they'd focus on those characters relationships, as they seem to have the most prominent wives.

Yea I know right? I mean Lu Xun didn't get much and all I saw he hates Han Ning cause he wanted to do whatever he wanted lol. Lu Meng was also kinda big because he shaped Gan Ning slightly and still was randomly killed off in the game in Fan Castle. I mean wtf. Zhou Yu.... For me he was alittle annoying and his character got terrible when he was given the Bo Staff one of the attacks make it look like it was used as a Stripper Pole lol.

That sounds about right, he seems like the most half assed character considering his prominent role. The game seems to portray him more naive than outright stupid. The way the kids re handled confuses me its like a bunch of them come off as super douchey, I mean we got Xiahou Ba, Zhuge Dan and Liu Shan who i think were all added in 7 and all have the worst personalities  (part of me loves Xiahou Ba due to character design as he seems like a kid and picked out the heaviest armour and biggest sword because they looked cool).

Lmao tell me about it. I started seeing that in Dynasty Warriors 5 when they introduced Guan Ping and Xing Cai, you see he really wasn't into it. 

Xiahou Ba, sounds exactly like that and since his father was Xiahou Yuan he thought he had big man steps to fill. What big shoes he had lol

I used to really like Zhuge Liang because his character design was cool, but then progressively after playing lots of games him telling me that when I kicked his ass was all part of his strategy I slowly started hating him. Conversely I started loving Sima Yi more and more.

I just plain hate Zhuge Liang and when they added Xu Shu, I was like my new favorite strategist ♡. Don't get me wrong Jiang Wei doesn't fall behind but how he did the strategies after Zhuge died were allllll bad.

I loved that bit in the DW7 chronicles mode where theres a battle called something like Beauties of the Battlefield and you fight Zhang He.

He actually surprised me in there. I was like they did something right ♡. Haha he is awesome. I wonder how the throwing knoves will fit him though. Hmmmm 

22 hours ago, syumisan said:

Yea I know right? I mean Lu Xun didn't get much and all I saw he hates Han Ning cause he wanted to do whatever he wanted lol. Lu Meng was also kinda big because he shaped Gan Ning slightly and still was randomly killed off in the game in Fan Castle. I mean wtf. Zhou Yu.... For me he was alittle annoying and his character got terrible when he was given the Bo Staff one of the attacks make it look like it was used as a Stripper Pole lol.

Its really bizarre because Lu Xun seemed like he should be an important figure in the games. But i guess since the Jin Story got added in they kind of focused more on Shu vs Jin. Yeah Lu Meng's death doesn't seem to be as impactful as it should be, i've always found his appeaance seems to be too close to a foot soldier, although this would likely be deliberate as his story arc coments on him being a commoner. Zhou yu dies to early to be interesting, the bromance between him and Sun Ce needs to be worked on, Sun Ce definitely comes across as a bro as does his dad, but Sun Quan and Zhou yu are severely lacking. It was weird how they slowly evolved Zhou Yu to be one of the prettier characters and I take offense at him getting chances to pole dance ahead of Zhang He.

Lmao tell me about it. I started seeing that in Dynasty Warriors 5 when they introduced Guan Ping and Xing Cai, you see he really wasn't into it. 

Xiahou Ba, sounds exactly like that and since his father was Xiahou Yuan he thought he had big man steps to fill. What big shoes he had lol

I remember playing 5 and thinking Xing Cai was one of the coolest looking women, they put so much effort into her outfit which you can see more and more each game. But then she has little to no dialogue or personality (guan ping too). I mean they can obviously make characters likable as the Jin army being added in they made them a lot more likable. Although I love and hate Sima Zhao in equal amounts, his appearance with his open shirt make me cringe, but its hard not to like the guy when he's the reluctant hero. Thats probably one of the things they handle a little better he does seem to live in his fathers shadow. I just realised there was another kid Guan suo I literally don't remember that guy at all so he must have as much presence as a wall, ling tong is our nunchuk guy.

I just plain hate Zhuge Liang and when they added Xu Shu, I was like my new favorite strategist ♡. Don't get me wrong Jiang Wei doesn't fall behind but how he did the strategies after Zhuge died were allllll bad.

Oh Xu Shu is so much better, I constantly use him in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. I mean its really hard to like someone as conceited as Zhuge Liang, I'm also glad this isnt one of the forums that ride the Shu hype train. I mean when a game tells me these are the good guys that genuinely bugs me because it was war and all of them did dodgy things. I wont go off on that tangent unless you want me too. Jiang Wei and Lu Xun I used to love equally in 5 I hope they get more presence in 9 so i can fanboy over them.

He actually surprised me in there. I was like they did something right ♡. Haha he is awesome. I wonder how the throwing knoves will fit him though. Hmmmm 

I just love Zhang He he's not only entertaining and fun to play as but he's also hilarious. I dont really get the new weapon system it says weapon switching combos are out, and you use the pause menu to change that sounds really clunky. Hopefully you can still switch between two weapons via a simple button press.

10 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Its really bizarre because Lu Xun seemed like he should be an important figure in the games. But i guess since the Jin Story got added in they kind of focused more on Shu vs Jin. Yeah Lu Meng's death doesn't seem to be as impactful as it should be, i've always found his appeaance seems to be too close to a foot soldier, although this would likely be deliberate as his story arc coments on him being a commoner. Zhou yu dies to early to be interesting, the bromance between him and Sun Ce needs to be worked on, Sun Ce definitely comes across as a bro as does his dad, but Sun Quan and Zhou yu are severely lacking. It was weird how they slowly evolved Zhou Yu to be one of the prettier characters and I take offense at him getting chances to pole dance ahead of Zhang He.

Yes that Bromance with Sun Ce and Zhou Yu would be fun. At times I just think they have a thing for each other ;) But hey could be just *real* good friends :P. 

Sun Ce and Sun Jian were the Bros. I loved them so much I wish there was more of them. Dynasty Warriors: Spirit of the Tiger Family would be so dope as a game. Definitely getting that :P.

You may notice I is a Wu person :P

I remember playing 5 and thinking Xing Cai was one of the coolest looking women, they put so much effort into her outfit which you can see more and more each game. But then she has little to no dialogue or personality (guan ping too). I mean they can obviously make characters likable as the Jin army being added in they made them a lot more likable. Although I love and hate Sima Zhao in equal amounts, his appearance with his open shirt make me cringe, but its hard not to like the guy when he's the reluctant hero. Thats probably one of the things they handle a little better he does seem to live in his fathers shadow. I just realised there was another kid Guan suo I literally don't remember that guy at all so he must have as much presence as a wall, ling tong is our nunchuk guy.

Yes Xing Cai seemed so regular. I was like omg a Nu Wa character? I haven't had one since DW3 YAY but guess what, they mashed her with Liu Shan and Guan Ping for a quick boring story yet Guan Ping had more then her slightly.

Bro that's true, who in the living heck is Guan Xing and Guan Suo? lol I seen Guan Suo as a NPC but....why is he playable? Ling Tong and Guan Suo remind me of Bruce Lee :P

Oh Xu Shu is so much better, I constantly use him in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate. I mean its really hard to like someone as conceited as Zhuge Liang, I'm also glad this isnt one of the forums that ride the Shu hype train. I mean when a game tells me these are the good guys that genuinely bugs me because it was war and all of them did dodgy things. I wont go off on that tangent unless you want me too. Jiang Wei and Lu Xun I used to love equally in 5 I hope they get more presence in 9 so i can fanboy over them.

Xu Shu is beautiful. Jiang Wei needs a better story. All you see, he gets approached by Zhuge... then defects. Then Zhuge Dies and Jiang Wei trying to finish what Zhuge started. Where is his personality at? He seems like a mere copy ever joining Shu. Lol I particularly don't like Lu Xun but would be interesting to see him and his wife :P

I just love Zhang He he's not only entertaining and fun to play as but he's also hilarious. I dont really get the new weapon system it says weapon switching combos are out, and you use the pause menu to change that sounds really clunky. Hopefully you can still switch between two weapons via a simple button press.

Lol especially when he was bothering Xiahou Yuan in DW6? Lol It was funny. I also like That he didn't give a hell for what people thought of his *beautifulness* Heehee we need more people like him ;)

4 hours ago, syumisan said:

Yes that Bromance with Sun Ce and Zhou Yu would be fun. At times I just think they have a thing for each other ;) But hey could be just *real* good friends :P. 

Sun Ce and Sun Jian were the Bros. I loved them so much I wish there was more of them. Dynasty Warriors: Spirit of the Tiger Family would be so dope as a game. Definitely getting that :P.

You may notice I is a Wu person :P

Well Zhou Yu is oh so pretty I really never got that impression until they made him girlier and girlier till he is a contender of prettiest Wu character. The best we can hope for is What If scenarios that expand on Sun Ce and Sun Jian. That would be a great name for a game and now i'm suddenly getting flash backs of DW5XL, when Sun Jian was like where's my tiger you find it and return it, then next mission hes like but hey dude where's my tiger lol. It debatedly made him more likable. I always really liked sun shang xiang she's way out of liu bei's league.

Yes Xing Cai seemed so regular. I was like omg a Nu Wa character? I haven't had one since DW3 YAY but guess what, they mashed her with Liu Shan and Guan Ping for a quick boring story yet Guan Ping had more then her slightly.

Bro that's true, who in the living heck is Guan Xing and Guan Suo? lol I seen Guan Suo as a NPC but....why is he playable? Ling Tong and Guan Suo remind me of Bruce Lee :P

I absolutely love Nu Wa's character design I use her constantly in Warriors Orochi, not sure if shes that good but she looks good doing it. I mean i guess its hard to develop 90 odd characters the fact we like as many characters as we do is a testament to koei's talent, I seriously don't get why people have to hate on them so much. The only character I can't stand is Xu Zhu (wei guy i think i spelt it right), he really needs to get funnier or stronger. I mean I don't get it big guy massive weapons, is crazy slow, short range, floats like a rock and hits like a butterfly. He's like his own difficulty setting. You also just reminded me how many kids does Guan Yu have surely some other more interesting characters deserve to be made into characters like Sha Moke, who I remember purely because his name sounds badass, i'm sure he sucks though lol. I like the games where Ling Tong and Gan Ning have a better bromance, I remember at least one of the games having them getting drunk together, which was kinda cute.

Xu Shu is beautiful. Jiang Wei needs a better story. All you see, he gets approached by Zhuge... then defects. Then Zhuge Dies and Jiang Wei trying to finish what Zhuge started. Where is his personality at? He seems like a mere copy ever joining Shu. Lol I particularly don't like Lu Xun but would be interesting to see him and his wife :P

Lol especially when he was bothering Xiahou Yuan in DW6? Lol It was funny. I also like That he didn't give a hell for what people thought of his *beautifulness* Heehee we need more people like him ;)

The defection storyline seems to be his whole thing, I think what he needs most is another character to interact with, as I only ever think of him having any kind of relationship only with Zhuge. More Xu Shu would only be a good thing, but i think he is generally a popular character so its likely we will get that. I think building a bigger rivalry in the next couple of games between Lu Xun and Jiang Wei will make them a lot more popular, because Lu Xun woud've been the srategist who kept Wu in power at least I think he was, because he seems to be the most prominent late wu strategist. Is his wife in 9? Oh yeah the cutscenes of Zhang He struggling to see Xiahou Yuan's beauty were great, honestly anything involving Zhang He talking about beauty and prancing around the battlefield always entertain me.

22 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Well Zhou Yu is oh so pretty I really never got that impression until they made him girlier and girlier till he is a contender of prettiest Wu character. The best we can hope for is What If scenarios that expand on Sun Ce and Sun Jian. That would be a great name for a game and now i'm suddenly getting flash backs of DW5XL, when Sun Jian was like where's my tiger you find it and return it, then next mission hes like but hey dude where's my tiger lol. It debatedly made him more likable. I always really liked sun shang xiang she's way out of liu bei's league.

I always felt that about Sun Xiang Shang honestly. Sun Jian is just the man though :P Zhou Yu look is ugh....why? Why make them pretty but not great storylines? I mean damn...

I absolutely love Nu Wa's character design I use her constantly in Warriors Orochi, not sure if shes that good but she looks good doing it. I mean i guess its hard to develop 90 odd characters the fact we like as many characters as we do is a testament to koei's talent, I seriously don't get why people have to hate on them so much. The only character I can't stand is Xu Zhu (wei guy i think i spelt it right), he really needs to get funnier or stronger. I mean I don't get it big guy massive weapons, is crazy slow, short range, floats like a rock and hits like a butterfly. He's like his own difficulty setting. You also just reminded me how many kids does Guan Yu have surely some other more interesting characters deserve to be made into characters like Sha Moke, who I remember purely because his name sounds badass, i'm sure he sucks though lol. I like the games where Ling Tong and Gan Ning have a better bromance, I remember at least one of the games having them getting drunk together, which was kinda cute.

Isn't Sha Moke the one that killed Gan Ning? Ughhh I hate that lol. But it is true... that name is so cool. Also when the hell is Liao Hua? I want him or Gongsun San? Seriously lol. 

Yes Xu Zhu is his name. I know right? He is really really slow and I wondered why  Everytime I use him I use the Red Hare cause he is slooooooowwwwww at his movement. Brotha whyyyyy????

Gan Ning Ling Tong is just the best. Seriously. I love them together and when Lu Meng gets in the middle sometimes is funny lol.

Guan Yingping, Guan Suo and Guan Xing, why are they playable? Where un the hell did Guan Yingping came from? I know Shu needs female characters but damn that was just random like Wang Yi.

The defection storyline seems to be his whole thing, I think what he needs most is another character to interact with, as I only ever think of him having any kind of relationship only with Zhuge. More Xu Shu would only be a good thing, but i think he is generally a popular character so its likely we will get that. I think building a bigger rivalry in the next couple of games between Lu Xun and Jiang Wei will make them a lot more popular, because Lu Xun woud've been the srategist who kept Wu in power at least I think he was, because he seems to be the most prominent late wu strategist. Is his wife in 9? Oh yeah the cutscenes of Zhang He struggling to see Xiahou Yuan's beauty were great, honestly anything involving Zhang He talking about beauty and prancing around the battlefield always entertain me.

Yea right? Jiang Wei and Lu Xun would be interesting since Lu Xun pratically learned from Zhou Yu, Lu Su, Lu Meng and few other strategists man. Lol

Zhang He.....will always be funny in everything :). That whole skit was funny lol

On 13/10/2017 at 0:13 AM, syumisan said:

I always felt that about Sun Xiang Shang honestly. Sun Jian is just the man though :P Zhou Yu look is ugh....why? Why make them pretty but not great storylines? I mean damn...

The Sun family is probably the best looking family in the whole game, I mean Sun Quan is probably the ugly and even he's good looking he's just looking a bit too much like Lu Bu these days and doesn't have the awesome rabbit ears to go with his giant red bunny rabbit. I do wonder why they invest the time to make a character look better when they weren't padding out the character. I mean in general in western games you can spot the unimportant ones or who will die first as they'll have the half assed character model. But more male or female eye candy on the battlefield is only a good thing according to Zhang He and I agree.

Isn't Sha Moke the one that killed Gan Ning? Ughhh I hate that lol. But it is true... that name is so cool. Also when the hell is Liao Hua? I want him or Gongsun San? Seriously lol.

I think you're right, I wasn't sure though as that was always one of the deaths in a few of the games you seemed to be able to stop. Gan Ning's and Pan Tong's deaths are the ones that confuse me the most. As they need to add more characters like Liao hua should show up s he was involved in the later stages and they will likely try to give Jin story more and more.

Yes Xu Zhu is his name. I know right? He is really really slow and I wondered why  Everytime I use him I use the Red Hare cause he is slooooooowwwwww at his movement. Brotha whyyyyy????

I almost feel like the whole character is like a running gag now. I mean his alt outfit is pink and has a panda on it for no sensible reason, although its by far his most superior outfit and the best thing about him. It also bugs me as I love Dian Wei and they make a point of them being equal in strength.

Gan Ning Ling Tong is just the best. Seriously. I love them together and when Lu Meng gets in the middle sometimes is funny lol.

Guan Yingping, Guan Suo and Guan Xing, why are they playable? Where un the hell did Guan Yingping came from? I know Shu needs female characters but damn that was just random like Wang Yi.

Yea right? Jiang Wei and Lu Xun would be interesting since Lu Xun pratically learned from Zhou Yu, Lu Su, Lu Meng and few other strategists man. Lol

Zhang He.....will always be funny in everything :). That whole skit was funny lol

Gan Ning and Ling Tong is one of the most unique and intersting relationships in the game. I absolutely love how they've got this huge vendetta that then turns into a bromance due to the whole brothers in arms thing. It has to be one of my fave character arcs. Outside of anything to do with Zhang Liao because I also love him and the battle where he fights Ling Tong is my favourite Wei battle due to the fact its pretty much the most badass single handed victories from any of the generals in the game and actually happened.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since i posted here, but I went back to the musou roots, and platted Dragon Quest Heroes. That game was a great 40-hour plat trapped in a mediocre 50-hour one, but still - 50 hours for a musou plat is never bad.

I picked up Dragon Quest Heroes II, but I've heard that one is a LOT worse, plat-wise.

On 10/12/2017 at 6:13 PM, Shiny Suicune said:

Also when the hell is Liao Hua?

Late reply, but Liao Hua actually lasts a long, LONG time in Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I remember the first time I read it, I thought that the Liao Hua at the end of the story must be the son (or even the grandson) of the Liao Hua at the beginning. 

Nope. Even if it's fiction that he was a Yellow Turban, he was still there for the rise of Shu and the fall of Shu.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

It's been a while since i posted here, but I went back to the musou roots, and platted Dragon Quest Heroes. That game was a great 40-hour plat trapped in a mediocre 50-hour one, but still - 50 hours for a musou plat is never bad.

I picked up Dragon Quest Heroes II, but I've heard that one is a LOT worse, plat-wise.

Late reply, but Liao Hua actually lasts a long, LONG time in Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I remember the first time I read it, I thought that the Liao Hua at the end of the story must be the son (or even the grandson) of the Liao Hua at the beginning. 

Nope. Even if it's fiction that he was a Yellow Turban, he was still there for the rise of Shu and the fall of Shu.

Yeah even if you dont know him
surely people remember seeing him like a million times as a npc in literally every DW game haha

Yeah Im really hyped for it, just waiting super freaking long for the release doe :( tried to forget it so that when it comes it will be a surprise xD

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yea I have the plat for DQH... Need DQH2 lol

I just want him playable T.T

I liked him a lot :'(

Or even other people lol

• Like 1