Hogglike

SugarIsTheDevil

10 minutes ago, HusKy said:

If you are just looking at global Steam stats then bear in mind, it's really easy to cheat Steam achievements and that those numbers are not reliable.

Yeah that's true, but I didn't look at those stats. I looked at this website. It shows that there's 0 achievers for the console versions, but for the Steam version it shows 2 achievers. If you click on the hyperlink it shows their names. I've contacted the first person on the list "Pretzzl" via Twitter. He confirmed that he got the achievement, but sadly he didn't have any video about it. He also mentioned that he did obtain the achievement in a very early build of the game and that the AI was nowhere near as unpredictable and aggressive as in later builds. He beat the entire game by only using slide attacks. Slide attacks work pretty well in general, but the AI can still anticipate on it from time to time so that's why I rather don't use them. Feels really luck based imo. Either way, I think this game got progressively more difficult overtime. I haven't noticed much difference between 1.0 and 1.7 version on PS4 regarding the AI's behavior... so it really makes me wonder how much easier the PC version used to be.

Spoiler

PkGpshm.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Yeah that's true, but I didn't look at those stats. I looked at this website. It shows that there's 0 achievers for the console versions, but for the Steam version it shows 2 achievers. If you click on the hyperlink it shows their names. I've contacted the first person on the list "Pretzzl" via Twitter. He confirmed that he got the achievement, but sadly he didn't have any video about it. He also mentioned that he did obtain the achievement in a very early build of the game and that the AI was nowhere near as unpredictable and aggressive as in later builds. He beat the entire game by only using slide attacks. Slide attacks work pretty well in general, but the AI can still anticipate on it from time to time so that's why I rather don't use them. Feels really luck based imo. Either way, I think this game got progressively more difficult overtime. I haven't noticed much difference between 1.0 and 1.7 version on PS4 regarding the AI's behavior... so it really makes me wonder how much easier the PC version used to be.

Hide contents

PkGpshm.png

This actually looks very promising. ? Good luck and hopefully the trophy did not break before v1.0 was out.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1.8.2021 at 5:49 PM, Floriiss said:

For those interested here's my second Hogglike run. This run was done on patch 1.0 and the previous run was done on patch 1.07. That's two hogglike runs on two different versions of the game, but still no trophy. Quite frankly I cannot think of anything else to make this trophy pop, so I guess I am done with this game. If anyone still wants to try or needs tips on this game feel free to send me a message. I spent a long time strategising and I feel like those strategies are as good as optimal. Also if you have any thoughts/ideas on what's causing this trophy to not unlock feel free to share! I'm always open for discussion and would love to hear ideas/theories. My personal thought it's just an error in the code. Every other trophy unlocked fine, but Hogglike is just broken.

Amazing run(s) man, I did the 100% on the first one on vita last year and the rng is brutal in this game. However I really liked the game and always thought on tackling this one as well but now I definitely gonna avoid this. Haven't watched your whole run in total and followed the complete thread but one idea... maybe you get locked out of the trophy when you like loose your ground even once? Maybe you have to push forward for the whole time in all fights consecutively?  best of luck for you I hope you get the 100% one day!

Edited by DavySuicide
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

Amazing run(s) man, I did the 100% on the first one on vita last year and the rng is brutal in this game. However I really liked the game and always thought on tackling this one as well but now I definitely gonna avoid this. Haven't watched your whole run in total and followed the complete thread but one idea... maybe you get locked out of the trophy when you like loose your ground even once? Maybe you have to push forward for the whole time in all fights consecutively?  best of luck for you I hope you get the 100% one day!

I understand where you're coming from. I had some theories myself as well, about what could possibly void this trophy. Some obscure things like walking backwards, getting knocked down or losing your weapon in the fight. But all of these things are very common to happen in this run and to even avoid them just seems stupidly annoying. But personally I don't think those things cause the trophy to void, as I've tested this out on the first level. As for the first level I threw my weapon(s), got knocked down and even walked backwards, but the trophy :silver:Domination - "Win the faceoff and never lose the arrow in a singleplayer match" still unlocked. This trophy is essentially the same as the :silver:Hogglike trophy, but only for one level and not the entire game. When they talk about "Dominating" the levels I think they refer to the arrow you can see on the top right of the screen, which indicates who's turn it is. So never losing the arrow means never losing your turn, thus never getting killed. Other things such as losing your weapon(s), getting knocked down and walking backwards don't have any effect on losing the arrow, hence why I'm convinced those are not the reasons why it would void the trophy.

On the bright side I have contacted the developer once more and finally got a response. Said he would look into it. Though I will take those words with a grain of salt, as I know very well that other game developers have said something similar like that in the past, but those words were nothing short of broken promises.  If it gets fixed, sure I will get back to the game and give it another try. But for now I won't bother doing this run again.

Spoiler

PlbjskA.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Floriiss said:

I understand where you're coming from. I had some theories myself as well, about what could possibly void this trophy. Some obscure things like walking backwards, getting knocked down or losing your weapon in the fight. But all of these things are very common to happen in this run and to even avoid them just seems stupidly annoying. But personally I don't think those things cause the trophy to void, as I've tested this out on the first level. As for the first level I threw my weapon(s), got knocked down and even walked backwards, but the trophy :silver:Domination - "Win the faceoff and never lose the arrow in a singleplayer match" still unlocked. This trophy is essentially the same as the :silver:Hogglike trophy, but only for one level and not the entire game. When they talk about "Dominating" the levels I think they refer to the arrow you can see on the top right of the screen, which indicates who's turn it is. So never losing the arrow means never losing your turn, thus never getting killed. Other things such as losing your weapon(s), getting knocked down and walking backwards don't have any effect on losing the arrow, hence why I'm convinced those are not the reasons why it would void the trophy.

On the bright side I have contacted the developer once more and finally got a response. Said he would look into it. Though I will take those words with a grain of salt, as I know very well that other game developers have said something similar like that in the past, but those words were nothing short of broken promises.  If it gets fixed, sure I will get back to the game and give it another try. But for now I won't bother doing this run again.

Reveal hidden contents

PlbjskA.png

ah, I see, yes it definitely makes sense. Very bitter I really hope they keep the promise to look into it. I often hear from devs that uprading console editions is always a pain in the ass and this might be the reason that so many smaller games are still unpatched until today ( like Dragon Fin Soup for example and many more :-/ ) 

This game is pretty good and an amazing challenge to tackle so let's hope it gets patched one day. Both of your runs should be prove enough for the devs to see that it definitely has to be an issue on their side.  All the best = ) 

Edited by DavySuicide

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/18/2021 at 9:11 AM, Floriiss said:

Hide contents

PlbjskA.png

And... I guess they still haven't looked into it 17 months later?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...