"Shard Shark" Trophy

DarkHpokinsn

8 minutes ago, butterslovers said:

Somehow this is even more mind-numbing having to stop, pause, press down, click map, wait for the map to load, hope there's a shard nearby, and having to repeat that EVERY 30 METERS or so, than just searching for the shards blind. Not only that but it STILL won't show some shards on the map depending on height difference from the player. Such an insulting "feature." Why not just show all the shards in a quadrant after you clear a tower? Insane. 

I'm officially retiring this game for good unless they come up with some crazy QOL update in the future. I can spend my time actually enjoying a game rather than pulling my hair out over this one. Between this and my connected contracts trophy being bugged, I've given up all hope on Volition being a competent developer. 

Yeah, it was a fucking nightmare to do. I managed to do it, but I was so numb from the nonsense that I didn't even notice the trophy pop! So I wasted like 20 minutes finishing the map I was looking at and then when I went to check what I needed I ended up having them all. Ugh.

Not to mention it's so easy to accidentally go back to the Ark. Not even a confirmation when that's the default placement of the cursor. So stupid. Not only is opening the map a pain, but so is closing it. You can't just get back to the gameplay quickly. I really do not understand why they designed it the way they did. It's so wonky and stupid. The entire time I was running through I just kept thinking, "I hope they don't think this is an actual solution to the problem". Because it really isn't.

But I got through that bullshit. Now to be forced to replay the entire game from scratch because of how broken the difficulty trophy is! Yaaaaay.... I don't blame you if you drop the game. I'm really starting to resent the game, and I loved it up until I had to start doing these trophies.

• 1 month later...

@Dzwienkoswit

I used that video guide and somehow missed some too (I think I was at 348/350)

What I did was after the update that added them to the map I just went around all the locations in this map and checked the map (keeping in mind that if there's tall buildings, you'll need to check the map from both the top and the bottom as if you're too far above/below the shard it won't appear on the map) and eventually found the ones I was missing.

I imagine though that you'd remember getting #345 though, since it's one you wouldn't just accidentally come across as it's complicated to get to.  Are you sure you're checking on top of the right building as there's a few construction platforms that fly around near each of the skyscrapers and each one takes you to a different building?

Failing that, the only thing I can suggest if you really want to plat the game and have everything else done is to make a backup of your save file, then start a new file and follow either the video guide or the map linked above, and collect them all (you'll be able to do so from straight after the into tutorial thing) for that trophy. Bit annoying, but it's all I can suggest if you've double checked everywhere on the map?

• Like 1

I used this map. But unfortunately I did not find this missing fragment. I'm afraid there is a glitch. I searched the whole map. Both on the ground and on the high roofs. Only this roof with trees seems to me right, because it's like a flying platform to get there can not. Only that unfortunately there is no fragment here.

Starting a new game is unfortunately a nuisance. Because to get the pieces to appear on the map I would have to increase the agency level again. And that requires quite a bit of replay. Without this improvement it will be easy to miss something again.

EDIT - I was able to collect all of them. Strange that the missing piece appeared on the map just as I took over one of the nearby bases. Earlier, despite all the bases took LEGION fragments were visible on the map. I hope someone like you will have a similar problem will help him with this information.

Edited by Dzwienkoswit