Biomutant (a new IP Open-world Action RPG!)

Maxie_M0us3

Gameplay Trailer:

Demo and Developer Interview:

As one of the mysterious games teased by the publisher THQ Nordic, it has finally been revealed to the world for Gamescom. It's called Biomutant, an Open-World Action RPG developed by Swedish independent studio Experiment 101 (You Swedes are king of game making!!! ???)

As Amazon describes the game:

Biomutant is a post-apocalyptic open-world ARPG that delivers real-time melee, shooter and mutant ability action. Replayability by varied and deep character progression, exploration of three systematically generated worlds, an underworld and a small solar system, by foot, mech, air-balloon, jetski and UFO. Biomutant also features a fully customizable (MMO style) character and mutation system, bionics and creative item crafting, plus an interactive narrative featuring a contextual storyteller where the players creates their own story of survival in a vibrant colorful world.

What do you think guys? Can this game be a great new IP?

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 3

So, an open world game from a small indie studio who have never put out a game before, no information on the team's background anywhere on their unused twitter or blank website, and all they showed was an entirely cg trailer with zero gameplay. The only thing we know is that the group was founded by Avalanche's ex creative director, but it sounds like he's not even directing the game because the team describe themselves as "a small studio of multi-disciplined developers working as a team without producers or leads."

This all seems insanely ambitious for a team like this. I wish them the best of luck and hope it turns out well, but I have a lot of doubt here. Maybe there's information that isn't out yet that will change my mind, but so far I'm not interested.

Looks promising.  Obviously it needs some work so hopefully they get everything running smooth.  I can't say I like the comic book action words.  Doesn't fit the aesthetic if you ask me.  Also, too much info on the screen.  I don't like hand holding in games so let me figure some stuff out.  Otherwise, it looks promising.  

Fur may Cry: Revengeance of the Wild Hunt. ?

This game looks so good!

We can play as Rocket Raccoon in an Open World game. :yay:

Also, I hope the game has smaller weapons, like knives, fighting with a big sword looks weird.

Edited by GrayFT

This is how I wanted to play Ratchet. A more open world feel. 

The color choices seem vibrant which is nice. At least for me. But there doesnt seem much action activity yet. 

Maybe time will tell.

• 5 months later...