Biomutant (a new IP Open-world Action RPG!)

Maxie_M0us3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I am so sorry for necro-posting but I really didn't know where to post this. I'll post in the 'recommendation' area too I guess.

So I just came across this game. From, of all places, VGLeaks. I'm not joking. ?

Anyway I watched the gameplay trailer and read it's info on Wikipedia and the premise does sound interesting to me and the game looks good.

To me, after watching the gameplay, it's like what would happen if Ratchet & Clank and Final Fantasy XV performed video game fusion. That's the best way I can describe it. ?

But I'm still unsure though. Should I get this when it comes out? Help? ?

6 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I am so sorry for necro-posting but I really didn't know where to post this. I'll post in the 'recommendation' area too I guess.

So I just came across this game. From, of all places, VGLeaks. I'm not joking. 1f630.png

Anyway I watched the gameplay trailer and read it's info on Wikipedia and the premise does sound interesting to me and the game looks good.

To me, after watching the gameplay, it's like what would happen if Ratchet & Clank and Final Fantasy XV performed video game fusion. That's the best way I can describe it. 1f605.png

But I'm still unsure though. Should I get this when it comes out? Help? 1f613.png

This game has had like no info since last year...I believe that post above yours is the last bit of info we got. So I would wait until more is known about it before making a decision. We all know as much as you do.

I'd expect it to show up at E3 again this year.

Edited by Viper

21 hours ago, Viper said:

This game has had like no info since last year...I believe that post above yours is the last bit of info we got. So I would wait until more is known about it before making a decision. We all know as much as you do.

I'd expect it to show up at E3 again this year.

Yeah your right. With little information, no release date, etc. it's hard to know whether I should get this or not. I guess, for now, I'll just keep an eye on it. ?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

In case anyone else cares...

There was a recent 'Twitter' update from the devs stating that this is in the 'final stages of development' whatever that means. A release date will be announced when they 'feel they can make the announcement to make the release date'

Stuff like that. So who knows if it's coming this year or not. I'm hoping it does but we'll see. I guess.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 5:40 PM, SelectiveGamer said:

In case anyone else cares...

There was a recent 'Twitter' update from the devs stating that this is in the 'final stages of development' whatever that means. A release date will be announced when they 'feel they can make the announcement to make the release date'

Stuff like that. So who knows if it's coming this year or not. I'm hoping it does but we'll see. I guess.

Appreciate the update, even this twitter update went under the radar for me so I was sure this game was dead in the water.

Still bummed on the wait but with the current drought of games for me and pushback of EVERY game I was looking forward to (Dying Light 2, Cyberpunk, Avengers) I'm hoping for a release pre-September to tide me over through the summer.

I saw this. Gotta say i was worried about if for a time. A long time infact.

If the promise shown in early bits n bobs becomes reality il be very happy. 

But at the same time, im also happy its not on the 1st class carriage on the hype train. Take your time boys n girls with the game and make sure its not broken at launch. 

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Well... here's the gameplay details/interview shown during the IGN stream event today.

Still no official release date. At this rate... I'm not expecting it until 2021 at the minimum. ?

I'm expecting a cross-gen release to make as much money on this project as they can. It's been in development hell forever now and I'm sure they're looking to recoup as much cost as possible.

• 7 months later...

I got to play this in late October 2019. The demo they gave me seemed very similar to the Gamescom demo video shared earlier in this thread. I'm concerned about the open-world nature of the game and from what I got to play it doesn't feel like a sandbox. The combat felt pretty interesting because you're using all these gadgets and mutations.
Looking at that new 2020 trailer, I'm honestly terrified of the open-world parts they look boring and lots of dead time moving between points of interest.

• Like 1

Nice to see this finally have a release date...been watching it since 2018. It won't be a day 1 buy (not with games like Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarok coming this year)...but the sooner it comes out the sooner it goes on sale. 

• 1 month later...