The first "game" I'll be 100%ing and platinuming without using any guides

Bylmage

Since I've still got a little bit of time of summer vacation I decided that I'll be platinuming this game/expansion without any guides, videos, any tips, etc. Just like Uncharted 4 this game has GREAT trophies and I will be having a blast uncovering the secrets to platinum this game! Please no spoilers for trophies or any tips. Just let me know how you're gonna approach this game and your thoughts on the trophy list! :)

• Like 3

Good luck!

I'm going to do it like I always do. I do a run through the game without focusing on trophies so I can enjoy the game itself. Then I focus on the trophies that require chapter select. Then I farm what I can. Whatever I can't figure out then I use the guides. 

I always always always make sure to play games without focusing on trophies on the first run, otherwise I'll never enjoy the game itself and it's story.

Good luck!

On my way to pick up the game now. My way of playing will be similar to what @kmosesltd wrote, my MO is always like this:

I am ignoring trophies on my first run, trophy notifications have been disabled. After completing my first playthrough, I will check the trophy list to see if there's some stuff that can be done quickly.

After that, I will either sell or trade the game now demand is still high. I won't play the game for a long time anyway. Any game I really enjoyed (which I expect will be the case for The Lost Legacy), I will buy or trade back at some later point when they are cheap and when I feel like playing them again.

I did this for Uncharted 4, for instance.

Spoiler

Obtained it in a trade when it was new (traded a few older games for it), played it and liked it a lot more than the PS3 Uncharted games. Played through it, traded it on for DOOM. A few months ago, I felt like playing it again and I got it once again in a trade (traded Ratchet & Clank for it), played through it a second time while keeping a collectable checklist open on my phone (written so that I could glance at it and realise while playing when the next collectable was coming up). Traded it on again after that for Horizon Zero Dawn.

I liked Uncharted 4 a lot more than the first three games, and I liked the character of Chloe a lot in Uncharted 2, so I'm expecting to like The Lost Legacy even more.

Just like every linear game including the other Uncharted games:

- play through on hard difficulty without any guide or assistance to enjoy the game

- play it again on the hardest difficulty with a collectibles guide

- one more playthrough on easy if there is a speedrun or other full-playthrough specific trophy

- final clean up via chapter select for any trophies that haven't popped naturally

Have fun, don't ever let anyone dictate your own experience ;)

8 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

I'm going to do it like I always do. I do a run through the game without focusing on trophies so I can enjoy the game itself. Then I focus on the trophies that require chapter select. Then I farm what I can. Whatever I can't figure out then I use the guides.

This is exactly what I always do and I'm going to do it again with this game :P.

That is respectable. This game has so many collectibles, like chapter 4 is a nightmare. I'll be using a guide because I don't particularly enjoy collectibles in a game like this where the world is rather vast. In the best Uncharted game (Among Thieves) I found them by myself, but that game was such a blast. 

Good luck. 

Good for you? 

I honestly don't get what attracts this type of mentality toward the Uncharted games even on trophy hunting sites. I mean for God sake I saw someone say don't speed run 4 because it will ruin the experience. No other series gets this sort of treatment, not even Undertale when it got trophies and that fanbase is rabid. 

23 hours ago, Fatalitieslmage said:

Since I've still got a little bit of time of summer vacation I decided that I'll be platinuming this game/expansion without any guides, videos, any tips, etc. Just like Uncharted 4 this game has GREAT trophies and I will be having a blast uncovering the secrets to platinum this game! Please no spoilers for trophies or any tips. Just let me know how you're gonna approach this game and your thoughts on the trophy list! :)

Ah, i'll go in blind, and after beating the game on normal difficulty, I'll do crushing with cheats (they're unlocked after first playthrough) and collectible guide. I don't really care for the characters in this game, but I'm sure the story's going to be good (still want to see more of Sully and Sam's adventure...)

On 8/23/2017 at 7:16 PM, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Ah, i'll go in blind, and after beating the game on normal difficulty, I'll do crushing with cheats (they're unlocked after first playthrough) and collectible guide. I don't really care for the characters in this game, but I'm sure the story's going to be good (still want to see more of Sully and Sam's adventure...)

I'm actually disappointed that they considered this an expansion. It's a game in my opinion now, expansions don't have platinum trophies.

I'm still holding out hope that Naughty Dog will live up their statement that they would be releasing a single player expansion for Uncharted 4. Like yourself I'd like to see what Sam and Sully get into. 

7 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

I'm actually disappointed that they considered this an expansion. It's a game in my opinion now, expansions don't have platinum trophies.

I'm still holding out hope that Naughty Dog will live up their statement that they would be releasing a single player expansion for Uncharted 4. Like yourself I'd like to see what Sam and Sully get into. 

Sam & Sully, but also Cassie!

Probably going to be a bit difficult getting all the trophies without consorting a guide for one or two of them since there's usually a couple trophies in a lot of AAA games that you're not going to get naturally.

Just pointing that out to you when you don't use a guide.

You Quite literally need a  guide for  the " axe puzzle" I mean unless I missed something in plain sight ? lol I was doing the axe puzzle I think chapter 4 one of the forts and yeah I had to use a guide like who is to guess you have to  jump side to side back and fourth unless doing it over and over. I got my platinum though the game seemed to lack some things or was just too short but I did enjoy it.

I'll add that I would and always play through games like this  without any hassle of worrying about trophies I mean I do look at guide and  if its there I Will grab it but I do enjoy the game and then  after beating it I will always go  back and then grind out  trophies

On 25/08/2017 at 8:29 PM, kmosesltd said:

On 26/08/2017 at 3:47 AM, ArmoredSquirreXD said:

Sam & Sully, but also Cassie!

Chloe Frazer and Charlie Cutter together, for the win!

8 hours ago, UnderworldofMMA said:

You Quite literally need a  guide for  the " axe puzzle" I mean unless I missed something in plain sight ? lol I was doing the axe puzzle I think chapter 4 one of the forts and yeah I had to use a guide like who is to guess you have to  jump side to side back and fourth unless doing it over and over. I got my platinum though the game seemed to lack some things or was just too short but I did enjoy it.

I'll add that I would and always play through games like this  without any hassle of worrying about trophies I mean I do look at guide and  if its there I Will grab it but I do enjoy the game and then  after beating it I will always go  back and then grind out  trophies

You mean the puzzles where youhave to jump on platforms while statues move? That was pretty easy in my opinion (though I play a lot of (platform) puzzle games), the statues go through the same loop every time, you just have to watch what they do and figure out what the safe spots are when the statues do the attack move.

For me I like to do the Crushing run on my first playthrough, no cheats, no auto aim, full on.

Because I love Crushing mode and it's extremely challenging and rewarding on both 4 and LL. Definitely a step up from Crushing in 1, 2 and 3.

I will only use a guide for collectibles on my first playthrough because let's face it it's a bitch to do another full playthrough just to get all collectibles and optional conversations. Furthermore using a guide for collectibles doesn't hinder the experience for me in any way as all collectibles are in areas which are out of action so if you're going to pass through there anyway, why not pick them up?

Once I finish the first Crushing playthrough with 100% collectibles, I'll do the second playthrough/chapter select to complete the missing trophies I need.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2017 at 8:03 AM, UnderworldofMMA said:

You dont 'need' a guide for any of the puzzles, I figured every single one of them out on my own.

• 2 weeks later...