Conker

Trophy Thoughts?

26 posts in this topic

So what are you thoughts on them?

Personally they seem as even  easier as last year, no draft stuff, a few new trophies, 

P.S if only the comeback City trophy was do it with Patriots vs Falcons xD 

Very easy list. Some of the longshot ones are missable thou. (given you can start a new longshot to get them)

2 hours ago, POEman553 said:

I wish there was a trophy for injuring Tom Brady.

Well that's a little messed up lol. 

I think the list looks very easy. Only a little grinding for the 32 Teams trophy. 

For the legacy someone will probably make a roster like last year so you can just sim 10 years and get all the trophies very easily. 

On roughly the same difficulty level as 17's (which means substantially easier than 13-16.) Another plat you can get without needing to boost online at all. Maybe some of the single player stuff could be annoying, tough to say since it's new ground, but most likely will be at about the same completion percentage as last year's game (provided they haven't changed the legacy score stuff to prevent the easy method from working.) I've heard the story mode is short and sweet though, which is good after experiencing the boring slog of the FIFA 17 campaign. Liked the idea but way too many meaningless mid-season games indistinguishable from a random "play now" matchup.

As an aside, how silly is it that this will be the third straight Madden to use that same platinum image? At least the older games changed it up slightly, this has literally been copied and pasted over for every game since 16.

7 hours ago, JAM-026 said:

For the legacy someone will probably make a roster like last year so you can just sim 10 years and get all the trophies very easily. 

And here it is. Takes about 5 minutes to get all trophies after setup

1 hour ago, M-Easy said:

And here it is. Takes about 5 minutes to get all trophies after setup

I was waiting on that LOL. 

11 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Very few online trophies (namely MUT) and the legacy scores for a created player may involve online or a lot of grinding.

I wish there was a trophy for injuring Tom Brady.

pretty sure for the legacy scores you just edit all players stats to 99 then sim through all games to get those trophies.

Edited by zzJACKEDBEASTzz

Legacy score trophies are a joke now and take no work unlike in 13 PS3 

Wow that video changed my life. I thought that would take ages

Just a little mini guide to breeze through the Longshot trophies.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/23-08-2017-madden-18-longshot-story-mode-guide-how-to-get-drafted-all-correct-answers-and-choices

I used that for Longshot and made sure to win all challenges, not hit obstacles etc.  Then at the start of the finale backed up my save before playing through it.  First time I went through the finale I made sure to get max IQ, performance and grade out of it.  This unlocked every Longshot trophy in one playthrough other than Steer Clear.  After that I loaded up the backup save and when it comes to where you make a choice that activates the final steer the ball

Spoiler

Throwing to Colt instead of the check down.

I did that to unlock Steer Clear.  So Longshot can pretty much be done in a single playthrough.  Might even be possible to do it all without the backup save but wasn't sure if the IQ and grade hit from the final steer the ball would jeopardize the trophies associated with that.  So just to be safe I would recommend making a backup for the finale to not risk a full second playthrough of Longshot.

Edited by Hayabusa85

On 8/23/2017 at 10:18 AM, Jare said:

Legacy score trophies are a joke now and take no work unlike in 13 PS3 

I Platted that. That was a serious grind. They should do away with these. They're worthless.

As for 'Full set,' they can be done with 1-minute quarters.

3 minutes ago, heavymetal3k said:

Looks like Full Set glitched out on me.... The last trophy before the plat 1f620.png

You must be doing something wrong.  Just play one minute quarters, and it takes 2-3 hours to win with all teams.

I'm just down to 3 more trophies to get. Somehow I missed the High IQ playing through Longshot a second time (The really need a skip scene button). The 32 teams trophy, probably halfway done with that one. And the reach out tackle. I've tried that one many times, can't seem to get it. It feels like the reach out tackle mechanic is a broken move. Any advice on this one?

46 minutes ago, TruMcfly said:

I'm just down to 3 more trophies to get. Somehow I missed the High IQ playing through Longshot a second time (The really need a skip scene button). The 32 teams trophy, probably halfway done with that one. And the reach out tackle. I've tried that one many times, can't seem to get it. It feels like the reach out tackle mechanic is a broken move. Any advice on this one?

Play with a friend or two controllers and constantly do run plays with P2, HB drive is what I was doing.  The AI should run the ball the same route Everytime(but it's better to do it with two people).  Look for the R1 prompt and press it at the right time to get a green ring around your player, this indicates that the move was done successfully.  Play on rookie to make it easier to tackle.  

On 10/16/2017 at 8:25 AM, Muskratateer said:

Play with a friend or two controllers and constantly do run plays with P2, HB drive is what I was doing.  The AI should run the ball the same route Everytime(but it's better to do it with two people).  Look for the R1 prompt and press it at the right time to get a green ring around your player, this indicates that the move was done successfully.  Play on rookie to make it easier to tackle.  

Thank you. I will try this tonight 

On 10/16/2017 at 8:25 AM, Muskratateer said:

Edited by TruMcfly

Quick question: if I were to buy this game, from a trophy standpoint is there any benefit to owning the GOAT squads edition? Or does it make no difference?

I need the Reach Out trophy and I've timed it right multiple times and still have not gotten it, I've also made a comeback in halftime and finished the game winning and that trophy too also didn't pop.