How long would you estimate for this to go on sale/drop price?

I certainly do not want to pay full price for a 10 year old remaster, especially since I had played it back in the PS2 days. How long would you guys estimate roughly before this drops in price or goes on PSN sale? I think judging from previous FF's in general, a year? Although I hope it's less. 

I know how you feel, its absurd that they are charging full price for this. Also, it's a very long game, it's the first game I spent 100h+ on, I'm not sure I should invest all this time on the same game again while there are so many games to be played. I know there is that FF feature but I'd hate to use that.

Sorry if it was off topic, I just felt happy for finding someone that feels the same as I do about this game lol.

• Like 1

I live in the UK and it's about £32, which is around $40. I'd much prefer a digital version over physical as it's pretty long and by the time I would be finished with it and the platinum, trading it in may only get me peanuts. 

35 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

By November, both physically and digitally if I was guessing. Black Friday would be your best bet on a good deal.

Yes I forgot about Black Friday! I'm really hoping for a good psn sale with this game on the list. 

1 hour ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Looking at psprices and using FFXHD for an out my butt estimate maybe six months for a sale, but who knows really. 

https://psprices.com/region-gb/game/98752/final-fantasyr-xx-2-hd-remaster

Yeah, the game doesn't seem as popular as FFX/X-2 HD was, and FFXV dropped in price pretty quick. November or Christmas are where my hopes are at the moment. 

To be fair, it's not full price. Even launch day it wasn't.

Also, it's not just a remaster. They rebalanced a ton of stuff and added a lot of new stuff to it that never existed before, even in the international version. That stuff puts it somewhere between a remaster and a remake.

All the extra work they put in above and beyond just graphics, it's hard to say it doesn't justify the price IMO.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

To be fair, it's not full price. Even launch day it wasn't.

Also, it's not just a remaster. They rebalanced a ton of stuff and added a lot of new stuff to it that never existed before, even in the international version. That stuff puts it somewhere between a remaster and a remake.

All the extra work they put in above and beyond just graphics, it's hard to say it doesn't justify the price IMO.

I agree. Especially since you get 100+ hours of gameplay.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...