soundforcast

Bugged Ringer of Runes Trophy

20 posts in this topic

After patch 1.06 Ringer of Runes Trophy is bugged. I tried with 2 chars and without buying from shopkeeper and still nothing. So at this time PLATINUM trophy is unachievable.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm that. Tried the same things, but there is no way to achieve the trophy. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platin is still obtainable, but you need the disk version. Just delete all files from the game and also the savefiles ( profile-files too).

Then install the game and play it without any patch.

Buy every rune from the vendor as soon as you can! (Close the game, load the game and buy the runes, until you have all of one colour) 

So have a look at the vendor after every level.

Don't play the last mission , just level up by doing the hunting missions. At lvl 26/27 you should get the last runes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2017 at 1:59 PM, Charlymeik said:

Platin is still obtainable, but you need the disk version. Just delete all files from the game and also the savefiles ( profile-files too).

Then install the game and play it without any patch.

Buy every rune from the vendor as soon as you can! (Close the game, load the game and buy the runes, until you have all of one colour) 

So have a look at the vendor after every level.

Don't play the last mission , just level up by doing the hunting missions. At lvl 26/27 you should get the last runes.


I am level 9 and i've unlocked the merchant (on a second char) - version 1.00 of the game. 
The only gray rune i miss is the circle one and coincidence or not, that's the only fucking rune that the merchant doesn't sells in his tire. I've quit the game and try to reset his offer for about 50 times now. He still doesn't sell the circle gray rune.
Any tips on this?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes you get some runes as mission rewards... try to play a few missions and have a look at the vendor after each mission, until he gets a new type of rune.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out you have to delete the version from the icon on the desktop not just erase all the system save data to get back to version 1. Dozen hours wasted trying to get ringer of runes.  :(

Edited by Karmikazee
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2017 at 0:47 AM, mircoids said:


I am level 9 and i've unlocked the merchant (on a second char) - version 1.00 of the game. 
The only gray rune i miss is the circle one and coincidence or not, that's the only fucking rune that the merchant doesn't sells in his tire. I've quit the game and try to reset his offer for about 50 times now. He still doesn't sell the circle gray rune.
Any tips on this?

Yeah even playing right through to the merchant without any hunts or repeats, you end up at level 9, which means the lower level grey runes won't show up. Had to rte-start and reload all the first boss fights until had one of each grey rune. (unless you luck out and get a different one each time, got 4 triangles in a row my first time!)

 

For anybody trying to get this trophy by playing the vanilla version, there is no "Trial of the Gods," nor do boss fights show up again in the hunts. So there is no way to go back to get any runes that you've missed. At level 9 you can't get the early grey runes, (circle, square, triangle) and at level 13 you can no longer get the green versions.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6.01.2018 at 4:26 PM, Karmikazee said:

Yeah even playing right through to the merchant without any hunts or repeats, you end up at level 9, which means the lower level grey runes won't show up. Had to rte-start and reload all the first boss fights until had one of each grey rune. (unless you luck out and get a different one each time, got 4 triangles in a row my first time!)

 

For anybody trying to get this trophy by playing the vanilla version, there is no "Trial of the Gods," nor do boss fights show up again in the hunts. So there is no way to go back to get any runes that you've missed. At level 9 you can't get the early grey runes, (circle, square, triangle) and at level 13 you can no longer get the green versions.

You need to check a merchant  after every mission you complete. As you progress in the story, a rarity of runes changes. For other runes just go for hunt and go back, runes in the shop should change at that point. Around map 23 you should be done with trophy.

Edited by Mizdig_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mizdig_ That is true but the problem is you're 100% relying on RNG who can be a fickle beach. The first thing I do after everything is go to merchant, sell off crap and check his inventory. While I would see an occasional tier 5 rune long before was at that level and such, never saw any of the 1st tier ones. But then the next guy might get nothing but.

 

Much easier and more reliable to farm (reload) the first few boss fights until you get them all. Re-doing a boss fight takes a couple of minutes so doesn't take long even with bad luck.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karmikazee said:

Much easier and more reliable to farm (reload) the first few boss fights until you get them all. Re-doing a boss fight takes a couple of minutes so doesn't take long even with bad luck.


What he said goes ...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Karmikazee said:

@Mizdig_ That is true but the problem is you're 100% relying on RNG who can be a fickle beach. The first thing I do after everything is go to merchant, sell off crap and check his inventory. While I would see an occasional tier 5 rune long before was at that level and such, never saw any of the 1st tier ones. But then the next guy might get nothing but.

 

Much easier and more reliable to farm (reload) the first few boss fights until you get them all. Re-doing a boss fight takes a couple of minutes so doesn't take long even with bad luck.

How do you reload the boss fights?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rochambeau_XV Depends on why you’re doing it. 

 

When you arrive at a boss gate the game does an auto save.  (Though I prefer to back it up with a manual save, but that’s just me)

 

For a particular rune just see if it’s in rewards, if not hit ps button and do a hard quit. When reloading use load save not continue. 

 

If you’re patient enough, you can also do this to get that ultimate boss drop. (Odin’s Armor with 3 slots or whatever) In that case you’d let the game load back to the village, check if you’re happy with the drop, if not again do a hard quit. (this eliminates yet another save you don’t need) Reload the boss save etc. 

 

You can also do this when trying to roll gear in the village. But it takes patience. Usually get bored after a couple of trys myself if even bother at all. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Karmikazee said:

@Rochambeau_XV Depends on why you’re doing it. 

 

When you arrive at a boss gate the game does an auto save.  (Though I prefer to back it up with a manual save, but that’s just me)

 

For a particular rune just see if it’s in rewards, if not hit ps button and do a hard quit. When reloading use load save not continue. 

 

If you’re patient enough, you can also do this to get that ultimate boss drop. (Odin’s Armor with 3 slots or whatever) In that case you’d let the game load back to the village, check if you’re happy with the drop, if not again do a hard quit. (this eliminates yet another save you don’t need) Reload the boss save etc. 

 

You can also do this when trying to roll gear in the village. But it takes patience. Usually get bored after a couple of trys myself if even bother at all. 

Cheers. this is a good help. I'm trying to get my Valhalla and runes trophy in one go. So i'll have to be careful trying to re-do boss fights if I'm a bit under-leveled.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read somewhere here that you can load a backup save if you die in Valhalla mode in the vanilla version. Can’t verify as already had done Valhalla before going back to vanilla for rune trophy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm doing the backup save trick but haven't needed to use it yet. However, the save and load option does not work in Version 1.0. No option to save games while in a mission.

 

EDIT - quitting out to XMB and closing the application after the boss rewards drop (do not go back to the village) and restarting will load you up just before the boss fight without a manual save. So this is going to be my approach. Thanks for the hints on this.

Edited by Rochambeau_XV
Update
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Karmikazee said:

Read somewhere here that you can load a backup save if you die in Valhalla mode in the vanilla version. Can’t verify as already had done Valhalla before going back to vanilla for rune trophy. 

It does work in vanilla. Instead of farming bosses for runes as I said when you get merchant for the first time just leave the village and go for a random mission/hunt after that use option to go back to you village and runes should change. Do it until you have what you need.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little update on my progress for the runes. So i got to the 11th mission - tunnel and troll i think the map is. You can start the mission and progress through. There you will get to the first health recharge station and there is a small cave as you progress down the path where the first legendary is on the map. See the star with number 1 in the image below. This is the location.

 

Screen_Shot_2018_02_19_at_10_30_38_AM.pn

 

Once you collect the legendary for killing the boss first, if you quit and reload the mission, you can race back here and continue to farm the boss. It will drop runes every time. I've done it 3 times now and got 2 green and 1 blue. I'm just worried the merchant won't be selling them when i unlock him as i'm already level 15 (based on a post above talking about your level impacting what runes are sold).

 

Unfortunately, there is no way to replay this mission once you have finished it (as far as i can tell)

Edited by Rochambeau_XV
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 5/2/2018 at 3:05 PM, Arislamicus said:

Good news... Patch 1.08 fix it. 

 

Can someone else confirm this? I would love to redownload the game.

 

Edit: Confirmed it myself. Loaded up the game and the trophy instantly popped!

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.