Anyone pre-ordering?

I've thought about pre-ordering this game as it does look interesting but I've been trying to limit myself of shooters so I think I'll rent it at RedBox instead of buying it. If I really, really enjoy it I'll probably purchase it to support the developers.

Parker

As a huge Alien fan, i will definitely be getting it.

33dz0ww.jpg

edit: wow, the pic looks terrible. I'll have to take a better one.

I think you mean terrible TERRIFYING D : it reminds me of slender in this picture :awesome:

Being a fan of the Alien movies i am interested to see what this is like, i don't think i'll pre-order though. Knowing me i'd be too scared to play >.<

Edited by JennifairyW
  • Like 1

The only thing really stopping me is an early preview video I saw, where the reviewer commented that the movement of the Aliens was a bit "jittery" and that they hoped it would be smoothed out for the final release.

Have really enjoyed Borderlands in the past, so hopefully Gearbox will do justice to the franchise - also a big Aliens fan!

The only thing really stopping me is an early preview video I saw, where the reviewer commented that the movement of the Aliens was a bit "jittery" and that they hoped it would be smoothed out for the final release.

Have really enjoyed Borderlands in the past, so hopefully Gearbox will do justice to the franchise - also a big Aliens fan!

They have fixed that problem, I have seen the new gameplay and it looks REALLY nice now

• Like 1

I promised a few friends I'd pick this up for some 4 player co-op however this game is looking to be a bit... tasteless, if possible? I'm trying to be optomistic here because it does look interesting however with it's development cycle, dated facial models, Alien animations look weird? And some other stuff, this makes me want to wait for a review for the first time in a LONG time.

If this game turns out to be garbage, I'll be perfectly fine picking up a copy of Hitman: Absolution for half price brand-new.

I promised a few friends I'd pick this up for some 4 player co-op however this game is looking to be a bit... tasteless, if possible? I'm trying to be optomistic here because it does look interesting however with it's development cycle, dated facial models, Alien animations look weird? And some other stuff, this makes me want to wait for a review for the first time in a LONG time.

If this game turns out to be garbage, I'll be perfectly fine picking up a copy of Hitman: Absolution for half price brand-new.

This is exactly what I was thinking. If someone isn't an extremely hardcore Alien fan, they should follow your comment...especially on the Hitman: Absolution idea. It is the only game I Pre-ordered in 2012, and I did not regret it. Wonderful game.....horrible movie..

This is exactly what I was thinking. If someone isn't an extremely hardcore Alien fan, they should follow your comment...especially on the Hitman: Absolution idea. It is the only game I Pre-ordered in 2012, and I did not regret it. Wonderful game.....horrible movie..

Hitman was a franchise I played alot when I was a bit younger, Blood Money has the most fondest of memories (and mostly the only one I can remember). Didn't have the chance to pick up Absolution for some reasons however if this game isn't good, I won't hesistate with Absolution :) Purist mode sounds like so much fun :D

Also, I've never watched an Alien film before (besides Prometheus, which was meh...) so I'd be walking into this with a neutral unbiased opinion of the title and would basically represent those who are new loking for something different.

• Like 1

I think you mean terrible TERRIFYING D : it reminds me of slender in this picture :awesome:

Being a fan of the Alien movies i am interested to see what this is like, i don't think i'll pre-order though. Knowing me i'd be too scared to play >.<

I ordered the £75 collectors edition B). I'm also a huge fan of the series, i even liked Alien 3 and resurrection. :huh:

I feel that way too. I'm really hyped about an Aliens game. I'm just a little hesitant to buy it based on screenshots and trailers only. I'm not even that much of an Aliens fan. I just think it'll be good being developed by Gearbox.

I still want a damn Predator game that's worth a shit. It'd be awesome if Rocksteady would pick that idea up. :holy:

• Like 1

I've been looking forward to this game for a good while now, and have been keeping up with it. I watched that 2 hour IGN live feed of SP and MP, and while graphically it's outdated, and machanically it won't really be anything groundbreaking, it still looks like a lot of fun. Been on top of reviews all morning and people are not liking it. I expected it to get mediocre reviews, but most of what I've seen is way lower than I expected. Of course, knowing how IGN is, they hated it. Surprise, surprise. I didn't preorder it, but will be picking it up later this morning. Bad reviews or no, I'm gonna have fun with this game. EGM and Bloody DIsgusting liked it, and the rest from what's out so far has either been average or poor. To each their own, I guess.

Edited by GLHS

I am an avid Alien fan, meaning I have watched Alien at least 200 times and Aliens 125 times. I was so excited to hear that not only was this canon to Aliens but my favorite FPS developer, Gearbox was now in charge! What could go wrong. Through delay after delay, I kept telling myself......It's F#%king Alien! They CANT SCREW THIS UP. Well they F#%king have. Through a good friend on this forum, he filled me in with some insider info. Everything that he said to me has now come to light as this game was released. Unfinished, Underwhelming, Poor AI, etc. F#$k YOU Randy Pitchford, Gearbox and Sega. 6 years and this is the shit we get? Yeah I'll still get it as it will be in the $20 bin within 6 weeks. I just wish I could have shared this info before many other Alien fans got f#$ked out of their $60....

Yeah -- the in-game visuals were nothing near that of those advertised.

Every video on the PSN that says "In game footage" is exactly as it appears. Even the Tv add used igf.

I don't care about the graphics as I knew what to expect.

The only reason I'd say 6/10, are the technical issues (voice sync, general performance issues - which can be patched), and the Peer-to-Peer multiplayer.

"Omg I'm loosing, might as well quit and screw the rest of the people that were playing!"

I give gearbox credit for trying. It is Not a waste. I enjoyed the story, despite the issues I do like playing online, and the weapons are quite fun to mess around with all the different upgrades and whatnot.