Battlefield 3 DLC multiplayer servers

Michal1Marcin2

Hey :)

I would like to ask you how does look like playing on the servers in Battlefield 3? I heard that playing on the servers hasn't been free already. How does it look like? If I want to play Battelfield 3 DLC. Will I have to pay for renting servers?

Thanks for answer in advance :)

Edited by Michal1Marcin2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Michal1Marcin2 said:

Hey :)

I would like to ask you how does look like playing on the servers in Battlefield 3? I heard that playing on the servers hasn't been free already. How does it look like? If I want to play Battelfield 3 DLC. Will I have to pay for renting servers?

Thanks for answer in advance :)

49 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

You can play the DLC maps without renting any server, but if you want a private server to boost the trophies easily then you have to pay for one.

I don't know how the multiplayer looks like right now after all these years.

Yeah, you can boost all the trophies in about 10 hours. But no, you don't HAVE to pay for a server, but you wont be able to play all the maps due to all the maps and such needed for assignments not being popular.

Edited by Nitro
Grammar error.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Yeah, you can boost all the trophies in about 10 hours. But no, you don't HAVE to pay for a server, but you wont be able to play all the maps due to all the maps and such needed for assignments due to them not being popular.

you actually must pay for a rented server... its 1.49 USD/ 0.99 Euros per day.  

• Like 1

Just now, SniperEliteDido said:

you actually must pay for a rented server... its 1.49 USD/ 0.99 Euros per day.  

I never said you didn't have to pay for a server?

I said you don't have to pay for a server to play the DLC, but you won't be able to play all the maps

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nitro said:

I never said you didn't have to pay for a server?

I said you don't have to pay for a server to play the DLC, but you won't be able to play all the maps

oh sorry... but anyways i've never seen a DLC that gives you content but you must pay again for joining a server in any game... that just makes the DLC pointless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SniperEliteDido said:

oh sorry... but anyways i've never seen a DLC that gives you content but you must pay again for joining a server in any game... that just makes the DLC pointless.

That's not what I'm saying either. What I'm saying is that the fact that BF3 is such an old game, makes on ly the popukar maps and the popular DLC maps appear on people's servers. Maps that arent as popular but are required for some assignments aren't played because people don't like them.

• Like 1

Tkanks for all the answers. I very appreciate this :)

And the last question. How many players do i need to start a match? 4 players??? Am I right? I haven't played it for ages, and I just don't remember, but now I want to buy all DLC to do 100% in this game. Maybe anyone of you want to help?

17 minutes ago, Michal1Marcin2 said:

And the last question. How many players do i need to start a match? 4 players??? Am I right? I haven't played it for ages, and I just don't remember, but now I want to buy all DLC to do 100% in this game. Maybe anyone of you want to help?

It's 4 players to start a match IF you rent a server, otherwise I believe it's at least 8.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michal1Marcin2 said:

3 hours ago, Adycakes said:

It's 4 players to start a match IF you rent a server, otherwise I believe it's at least 8.

That's unless you find another rented server which has a 4 player start limit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

That's unless you find another rented server which has a 4 player start limit.

Ah yes, good call!

I did find that I often got kicked out of those servers more often than not but if you can find one, that's the most cost effective way. :)