Secret of Mana 3D Remake Launches February 15 on PS4, PS Vita

Vergil

When I seen the rumors for this a few hours ago I was skeptical but a part of me wanted to believe it. This is amazing news a part of me would like to see a retro version in the options but I doubt that would happen. Either way day one purchase or even pre order looking at those pre-order goodies

• Like 1

This is the greatest news ever for me !!
Secret of Mana is my alltime favorite game, the absolut best rpg that has ever happened !!

I still have the original game inclusive the original gameguide which came with the game for SNES at home. Hypetrain is deep up my ass already, holy moly !

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sagaan said:

Wow great news ! Now they need to remake lufia 2 or secret of evermore and im done as fukkkk FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Secret of mana is for sure in my top 5 of the greatest jrpgs of all times X d

They remade Lufia 2 already. It was called Curse of the Sinistrals and it wasn't great lol. But they didn't stay 100% to the original which this one looks like it might be close.

2 hours ago, Sagaan said:

Wow great news ! Now they need to remake lufia 2 or secret of evermore and im done as fukkkk FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Secret of mana is for sure in my top 5 of the greatest jrpgs of all times X d

I would like to remake the original Final Fantasy 2 and 3 from the Super Nintendo. If they can do that Seger of Evermore and a decent Chrono Trigger I am perfectly happy

WHAT IS WITH THAT VOICE :o

Seriously can we have an option to remove that voice acting completely out of the fucking game. This is in my top 5 favourite RPGs of all time and they are going to seriously put that fucking voice into it for the Hero? Well that sucks

Also this better have Online Co-Op and the ability to earn the Level 8 Glove and Axe without grinding the last dungeon for the RNGods to smile on you

• Like 2

I hope they give this the same treatment as they did for Adventures of Mana/Final Fantasy Adventure. No extras outside of the graphical overhaul. Secret of Mana was an awesome game, and it has no need of Square mucking it up.

22 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Seriously can we have an option to remove that voice acting completely out of the fucking game. This is in my top 5 favourite RPGs of all time and they are going to seriously put that fucking voice into it for the Hero? Well that sucks

Also this better have Online Co-Op and the ability to earn the Level 8 Glove and Axe without grinding the last dungeon for the RNGods to smile on you

Ahh, crap. Oh well - it was a dream. I too hope that you can just turn on the old SNES music and sound, like Adventures of Mana.

Also, they had better NOT change the level 8 glove and axe. Classic RNG. It was so awesome playing the original, and wondering why the hell my weapons were powering up simply from picking up dropped items.

However, let's be aware that since this is Squeenix, this game will probably release at $59.99, killing off any good vibes people might otherwise have felt.

Edited by starcrunch061

5 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I hope they give this the same treatment as they did for Adventures of Mana/Final Fantasy Adventure. No extras outside of the graphical overhaul. Secret of Mana was an awesome game, and it has no need of Square mucking it up.

Ahh, crap. Oh well - it was a dream. I too hope that you can just turn on the old SNES music and sound, like Adventures of Mana.

Also, they had better NOT change the level 8 glove and axe. Classic RNG. It was so awesome playing the original, and wondering why the hell my weapons were powering up simply from picking up dropped items.

I just hope the Woolsey translation remains, at least as an extra.

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

I never knew the name of the guy that translated the game. Googling that guy, the games he translated were all pretty solid, in an age where Japanese localizations were often shoddy at best.

Yeah. I think he only had 30 days to translate Mana, it is really amazing that the translation is as good as it is.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Little harsh don't you think? 

They're bringing back an old game that old fans love. A game that they could have totally forgot about it just left in the past. I game at they're going to let new people get ahold of and create new fans out of. I was lucky enough to also play the old one hand while I love it I'm very excited for this new one. I would love to see an old game from the Super Nintendo that I love updated with current Day graphics and such.

If it does well, they may even do Secret Of Evermore in new ones. Try not to complain too hard, because if you do they might just scrap everything just like bioware did with Mass Effect Andromeda. That would be a sad thing.

• Like 1