Secret of Mana 3D Remake Launches February 15 on PS4, PS Vita

Vergil

1 hour ago, mako-heart said:

idk se has redone like everything of his by now, havent they

Probably most of them. Not sure about Breath of Fire or Super Mario RPG.

45 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

If it does well, they may even do Secret Of Evermore in new ones. Try not to complain too hard, because if you do they might just scrap everything just like bioware did with Mass Effect Andromeda. That would be a sad thing.

Don't get my hopes up. 

54 minutes ago, Stargazer2600 said:

If it does well, they may even do Secret Of Evermore in new ones. 

The dream lives on! I don't think it will happen, sadly, but man - I would love it.

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

No plat, no buy HURR DURR.  No, on a serious note, this game is why I like some RPGs in the first place.  Great childhood memories.

Hey - I'll be very sad if there's no plat. However, this is Squeenix, not Capcom. They even gave a plat to Final Fantasy Adventure.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to this one, especially since it's coming to Vita. It's more expensive than I would have liked, though, especially since it's digital only. I'll most likely be waiting until it goes on sale. I haven't played the original, but I did play the Adventures of Mana remake on the Vita which was pretty good. If it's anything like that, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Could never get into it tbh. Then again I did try it not long after finishing the third one a bazillion times so it might've been that. Bit unfair to compare the two, it's inevitable the original would seem underwhelming in comparison.

I'd rather have the Mana Collection but I'll keep an eye on this one regardless.

If they ever give SOM3/Seiken Densetsu 3 this treatment though, I may very well drown in my own manseed before I even get to see the first trailer.

Edited by TooruPT
typo typo blame the keyboard
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Exactly!

It's in English!

And he sounds bored as fuck. Seriously there better be a way to turn that all the way down and go to Text

3 hours ago, DPatriot said:

Is it weird that i never even heard of this game :D

tumblr_mismhvbfMy1s610xbo1_500.gif

You need to play this game, Secret of Evermore, Seiken Densetsu 3...and then Chrono Trigger, FF4, FF5 and FF6...OR JUST RELEASE MY SNES RPG COLLECTION ALREADY SQUARE SO ALL THESE GAMES CAN BE PLATTED

8 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

Little harsh don't you think? 

They're bringing back an old game that old fans love. A game that they could have totally forgot about it just left in the past. I game at they're going to let new people get ahold of and create new fans out of. I was lucky enough to also play the old one hand while I love it I'm very excited for this new one. I would love to see an old game from the Super Nintendo that I love updated with current Day graphics and such.

If it does well, they may even do Secret Of Evermore in new ones. Try not to complain too hard, because if you do they might just scrap everything just like bioware did with Mass Effect Andromeda. That would be a sad thing.

No, the voice for the Hero sucks...that is not excusable. I don't even mind the DS graphics (although I would have preferred they just kept the beautiful 2D Sprites. That voice though...that is just horrible.

10 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I hope they give this the same treatment as they did for Adventures of Mana/Final Fantasy Adventure. No extras outside of the graphical overhaul. Secret of Mana was an awesome game, and it has no need of Square mucking it up.

Ahh, crap. Oh well - it was a dream. I too hope that you can just turn on the old SNES music and sound, like Adventures of Mana.

Also, they had better NOT change the level 8 glove and axe. Classic RNG. It was so awesome playing the original, and wondering why the hell my weapons were powering up simply from picking up dropped items.

However, let's be aware that since this is Squeenix, this game will probably release at $59.99, killing off any good vibes people might otherwise have felt.

I have played through SoM about a dozen times and love it every single time. I remember being so frustrated that we couldn't find the secret bosses to get the level 8 Glove and Axe. We combed the whole world trying to find those bosses.

My brother and I bought the strategy guide so we could figure this out and we comb the whole thing and realized "there is no boss that gives you the level 8 Glove and Axe...you have to find it amongst the other random orbs that drop in the Mana Palace" Why do just those two weapons not have a normal Level 8 Weapon Orb

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

WHAT IS WITH THAT VOICE :o

Seriously can we have an option to remove that voice acting completely out of the fucking game. This is in my top 5 favourite RPGs of all time and they are going to seriously put that fucking voice into it for the Hero? Well that sucks

Also this better have Online Co-Op and the ability to earn the Level 8 Glove and Axe without grinding the last dungeon for the RNGods to smile on you

They say we can use Japanese voices, which I will probably go for sense it seems they didn't hire any English VAs that are... Well... Good. 

Fresh off the chopping block! Everyones gotta start somewhere

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

They say we can use Japanese voices, which I will probably go for sense it seems they didn't hire any English VAs that are... Well... Good. 

Fresh off the chopping block! Everyones gotta start somewhere

Well that is good. Hopefully the Japanese voices are much better

7 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well that is good. Hopefully the Japanese voices are much better

I had a nightmare this morning that the same English voice actor was doing the Japanese voice acting. Very very very strange dream to have, no joke. 

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

I had a nightmare this morning that the same English voice actor was doing the Japanese voice acting. Very very very strange dream to have, no joke. 

That is actually hilarious :D Did it sound like someone reading out of an English to Japanese dictionary?

Also I would like to point out that this game is FREAKING AMAZING and everyone should pick it up. Seriously I love this game so much that I want to write the Trophy Guide for it and would love if someone (or even myself) hosted a We Play for it so we can play through it as a community :)

Edited by Dr_Mayus

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

That is actually hilarious :D Did it sound like someone reading out of an English to Japanese dictionary?

No it was proficient Japanese! But the same mundane voice, just image the sword quote but in Japanese >< lol so fricken weird

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

No it was proficient Japanese! But the same mundane voice, just image the sword quote but in Japanese >< lol so fricken weird

That's awesome :)

That's the thing though. This isn't some random RPG from the past like Secret of the Stars that they felt "well just grab Bobby from the break room and get him to record these lines"

I mean this was one of the premier RPGs for the SNES...at least tell Bobby he has to audition before you will give him the role :(

1 minute ago, Dr_Mayus said:

That's awesome :)

That's the thing though. This isn't some random RPG from the past like Secret of the Stars that they felt "well just grab Bobby from the break room and get him to record these lines"

I mean this was one of the premier RPGs for the SNES...at least tell Bobby he has to audition before you will give him the role :(

It wasn't awesome at the time lol

Ya I haven't even played Mana(always was in a backlog >< ), but I know it was a great game and deserves better than bob. If they ever did a remake of FFVI or Legend of Legaia, etc. I would want great acting, and voices that go with the characters because those games are amazing and held very close to my heart. 

Needless to say I'll be picking Mana up when it releases 

5 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

It wasn't awesome at the time lol

Ya I haven't even played Mana(always was in a backlog >< ), but I know it was a great game and deserves better than bob. If they ever did a remake of FFVI or Legend of Legaia, etc. I would want great acting, and voices that go with the characters because those games are amazing and held very close to my heart. 

Needless to say I'll be picking Mana up when it releases 

I would love a FF6 rerelease with a Platinum. It is the one (non Nintendo game) that I really want to be able to plat.

As for Mana, it is a must buy. It is just such a fun RPG and I can't wait to play it again. I really do hope it has Online Co-Op. If it has cross platformer co-op (as I don't have a PS4) we as a site need to do a full We Play of it...I call Sprite...as that Level 8 magic can wreck any boss (FYI the game is extremely broken if you level up your magic)

4 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I would love a FF6 rerelease with a Platinum. It is the one (non Nintendo game) that I really want to be able to plat.

As for Mana, it is a must buy. It is just such a fun RPG and I can't wait to play it again. I really do hope it has Online Co-Op. If it has cross platformer co-op (as I don't have a PS4) we as a site need to do a full We Play of it...I call Sprite...as that Level 8 magic can wreck any boss (FYI the game is extremely broken if you level up your magic)

If it's got online co-op I'll def play with ya, It's been a long ass time since I've played a jrpg like mana coop. Ffix I think was the last time

• Like 1