What do you consider to be a high PSN LVL?

Beyondthegrave07

• 2 weeks later...

I could not agree more with this opinion. However I'd add another ranking for those with a level over 30.

What PSN level do you consider low, medium, and high? And why?

here's my opinion

0-5 very low
6-8 low
9-11 low-medium
12-15 medium
16-20 medium-high
21-25 high
26+ very high

REASON: I base this off of rarity that I've seen someone on these levels. Not on this website (obviously, this place is filled with trophy hunters) but as PSN as a whole.

I'm lvl 13 with 11 plats. I consider myself a trophy go getter, but in reality there are some games I can't stand grinding through. I started collecting trophies back in jan of 2012. I've had a few years of not playing. Just over a year later I'm in it deep. I consider what the plats are myself. Like if you plat NCAA 13 or the Disney cars game. Lvl don't mean much to me without some hard plats, like ac brotherhood or gt5. I game all the time, and I can't afford dlc to every game. I have 2 kids and my money mostly goes to them. Lol.

Well, I'm just in level 12, which means that I don't play too much! I have many things to do, but when I'm in my PS3, I just don't know what game I should play.. Besides, I'm too lazy to plat a game! I have that thing in mind but don't want to do it!

But since 75% of my friends are in 20s and 1 or 2 in 30s, I can't say exactly what is a high level.. I wouldn't say a level, but the number of trophies! 10000 trophies is really high! Have a friend with 9800... really close! :P

Man, what a pleasant thread for me to stumble upon. I love hearing that 20 is a high level by a lot of users. I've been striving to reach it for a while now, and this month it may become a reality.

Personally, I always thought 20 was a high level, hence why I set it as my goal!

• Like 2

above lv 20

I've bought ps3 for 4.5 years, but i'm only lv 15.

I think level has nothing to do with skills. Most real good skilled players I've seen have low level because they are more dedicated into certain games.

IMO Trophy hunters that I've seen are soso player, they don't want to practice a lot. Sometimes they only want to plat the game and get help from a skilled player.  

Edited by JKDdragonwithin
  • Like 1

I don't think you can lump everyone in to one category.

Someone who spends 20+ hours a week but has zero interest in trophies could hit level 15 or so. This to me is kinda the threshold between Gamer's and Trophy Hunters. You're just not going to amass 3K-4K trophies if you aren't trying. In the future this will be different because it's all about how much you play. But as of March 2013 that's is kind of the benchmark on what type of gamer you are. If you are a trophy hunter I'd say that jumps to level 20 or so.

For me, it's not how many trophies you have or what level you are. To me it's all about content. I've got a friend who's in the 20's. He's got a ton of Plats and at first I was impressed. Then I compared trophy listed with him. Terminator Salvation, Hanna Montana, every Pixar game ever created. What was missing were games like MW3, UT3, FFXIII, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, etc. needless to say I wasn't nearly as impressed as I had been. (in fairness maybe some of those games are really good, I just making assumption and I could be wrong)

Now no offense to anyone who does that, and I don't have a problem with it. If having a really high PSN level is your goal then you need easy Plats like that.

I consider myself a trophy hunter. I've had my PS3 since fall of 08 and I believe that if it wasn't for the fact that I've got close to two years worth of time where I didn't earn a single trophy I'd be a level 15 by now. But unfortunately there were large blocks of time where I just couldn't sit down and play. Even with the time I will always be behind the curve because of the games I choose to play. Easy Plats are great (Spare Parts in a good example)but I ask myself this: If trophies never existed would I still play this game? If the answer is no them I'm not going to bother because at the end of the day the game experience is more important than the rewards for playing it.

Once again, no offense to anyone who has played a crappy or unenjoyable game to get the trophies. This is just my opinion.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

If I had to stick everyone in the same category, MP, SP gamers, and trophy hunters then for me it'd be

0-5 = Inexperienced or has interest in select few games

6-10 = Casual gamer

11-15 = Dedicated gamer

16-20 = Hardcore gamer

21+ = Trophy hunter

0-5 Noob

5-10 Casual

10-20 Dedicated gamers

20-30 Hardcore Gemersn

30+ Trophy Hunters

3 Years later, I think this is still pretty accurate. I would adjust only the top tiers as follows;

0-5 Noob

5-10 Casual

10-20 Dedicated gamers

20-40 Hardcore gamers

40-75 Extreme Trophy Hunters

75+ Elite

Once you are over 20, there is little difference until you get up to around 40-50. At that point it starts to become volume. Regional stacks, imports, autopops, multiple console self boosting. It gets pretty ugly. As an example, at this point, if I took a couple of weeks to check out and play an involved game, I could easily drop 50 points in the world rankings. I don't play much Mon-Friday, and can still easily drop 10-20 positions. You need 1-2 plats/week to keep up.

75+ is IMO an entirely separate category. Insanity.

• Like 1

3 Years later, I think this is still pretty accurate. I would adjust only the top tiers as follows;

0-5 Noob

5-10 Casual

10-20 Dedicated gamers

20-40 Hardcore gamers

40-75 Extreme Trophy Hunters

75+ Elite

Once you are over 20, there is little difference until you get up to around 40-50. At that point it starts to become volume. Regional stacks, imports, autopops, multiple console self boosting. It gets pretty ugly. As an example, at this point, if I took a couple of weeks to check out and play an involved game, I could easily drop 50 points in the world rankings. I don't play much Mon-Friday, and can still easily drop 10-20 positions. You need 1-2 plats/week to keep up.

75+ is IMO an entirely separate category. Insanity.

Yeah, this is exactly the reason I don't really bother with leaderboards. I don't have the hours per week required to maintain a super-high standing, and honestly, it's not worth it to me.

Also, I agree 100% with you tier list. Well done. 

I m at level 42 at the moment ( no hacks or other stuff) and I find myself very high. Started At the summer of 2008 with mortal kombat vs dc universe. So over 8 years doing 42 levels is not really hardcore in my opinion. It still has to stay fun play

I disagree. You've got a really impressive tally of 135 Platinums, which is, on average ~110 more than 90% of people will ever achieve. I started about seven years ago, and I'm nowhere near your tally.

(Admittedly, being a completionist does slow me down a bit.)

Edited by darkamdusias
  • Like 1