Your thoughts on Xbox and future

atlasxof-

Hey, guys. 

Before you post here I did like to ask to not make post such as "Why do you care about Xbox? Playstation is far better", "Xbox is dead. Sony has won" and etc, cause this isn't the intention for this thread. It's only about Xbox, and Xbox, and more Xbox, maybe Windows 10. 

As for the topic I did like to see your opinions about on how things are going with Xbox and the future of the console. 

So as I see I feel like they're trying to put it more for compatibility with other platforms and making more progress with the hardware, not putting such effort in exclusives which is a dangerous position cause players can prefer other platform to play because of the exclusives on that platform. And for the exclusives I have see from Xbox, nothing looks so interesting is like the console is only for Multi-Platform games or just their exclusives will be released for Windows 10, or they're releasing PC to Xbox now. It's lame. Still I can see in the future Xbox going well, not just having a powerful console but at least having a 'reasonable' library, It's just this time their focus are completely null to me.  

Well, It's up to you now. Keep the discussion peaceful.  

Edited by Atlas

Well, the new avatars look interesting...

I don't know what the future holds, but hopefully Xbox continues to do well. One of the worst things that could happen to gaming is for Xbox or Nintendo or Sony to go under. Competition gives us quality assurance.

I agree that Xbox should focus more on exclusives. I've been on the fence for a long time about purchasing an Xbox, but I see no reason to when the PS4 has all of the same games. On the other hand, I don't really want to spend hundreds of dollars on another console, so I have mixed feelings about this.

• Like 2

Exclusives are the big sticking point for me right now. Crackdown has been delayed and scalebound has been cancelled. Apart from Cuphead there isn't a lot for me to be excited about outside of PS this year. They seem to be focused on caving in to the graphics>gameplay morons that seem to take up most of gaming these days and are neglecting what counts; the games. People that already have an Xbox one can still enjoy it but people looking to upgrade/get in to modern gaming can see PC playing the multi plats better and PS also having the same games but all of these amazing exclusives. MS came out of the gate really strong with the Xbox One in terms of exclusive games but that seems to have come to a trickle. I would really like to see MS back on the top of their game but I don't think it will be this year at least. 

I think MS is slowly converting the Xbox into a HTPC rather than a console itself, like skateak said they're trying to make a unified platform. I think they'll try to expand their market beyond consoles in the future, they did pretty well with the One S with a 4K Blu Ray player + support for Dolby Atmos. In terms of exclusive games, I think we'll keep seeing the occasional Halo/Forza along with timed exclusivity with 3rd party games. 

I keep saying that MS is going downhill with bone... 

With what they are doing, it seems like they plan to make W10 their gaming platform rather than Xbox. I mean... what's the reason to own bone when you have gaming or even normal PC and majority of games are Xbox + W10... And that's not good, Sony can't be the only big player, we would suffer...

Another thing is that they are way too uptight when it comes to library, killing Scalebound because it was too Japanese probably still comes to mind... 

There's only one company that can live off 3 gaming franchises.

• Like 3

If Xbox don't hurry up and compete and knock Sony ass on there ass for a year or two. Sony going continue to do more fuckery I still upset they increase PS Plus by 10 bucks and stability update. I honestly hoping Black Friday PS Plus be 40 bucks or something and better updates it is sad how we gotta ask for features that was on previous console generation that's not even on the current console generation.

Xbox was always the third brand. While the 360 was a successful system it was for superficial reasons.

When the Xbox one came out they fell into the same trap the sony did with the ps3 (price too high, no games to justify the price)

For the past few years the Xbox brand has been dying and I really don't see a way for it to stop dying, because this late in the console cycle (even with this artificial lengthening of it caused by pro and one x) most people are already deep in their systems ecosystem and would see no reason to switch over or add-on. 

Even if they got like 20 super good exclusives, because you could just get them on PC there still would not be a reason to get a XBONE or XBOX .

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 4

I'd like to see XBox do well. I think they've paid their dues for the mistakes of the past, and they have really tried to become a more customer-friendly platform. They should be more rewarded for things like backward compatibility and the ability to return games.

5 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Xbox was always the third brand. While the 360 was a successful system it was for superficial reasons.

When the Xbox one came out they fell into the same trap the sony did with the ps3 (price too high, no games to justify the price)

For the past few years the Xbox brand has been dying and I really don't see a way for it to stop dying, because this late in the console cycle (even with this artificial lengthening of it caused by pro and one x) most people are already deep in their systems ecosystem and would see no reason to switch over or add-on. 

Even if they got like 20 super good exclusives, because you could just get them on PC there still would not be a reason to get a XBONE or XBOX .

It may be true that in this cycle they're done, but I think they can still build momentum for the future.

• 4 weeks later...

I had an X360 and I switched to PS4 because I didn't like the "multi media platform" thing that X1 had going, I just wanted a game console and PS4 was that, and more powerful to boot.

I could see myself getting another Xbox in the future but they would need a couple of amazing exclusives to sway me, since I already have a Switch and a PS4. Getting an Alan Wake sequel would be a pretty good start.

I'd really like to see them put more effort into their exclusives and stop with the timed bullshit. Make people that don't have an Xbox want one and people that do remember why they got it in the first place.

Also would be good to see them put up more of a fight to keep Sony on their toes because they are getting complacent.

There needs to be more exclusives for me to even consider getting an Xbox One. I'd like the 360 because of its exclusives. I feel that Microsoft needs to be careful with the Xbo brand and put the focus back on console gaming.

• Like 1

Xbox still lacks exclusives on the scale that Playstation does. Why I bought both a 360 and One then traded them in for PS3/4 straight after. I'm not a big FPS fan so there wasn't much for me in the end.

As someone stated above, they appear to be focusing on graphics and 4K more than anything else.

At the moment, I just can't see many people rushing out to buy a One X. Not for that money anyway. Despite it out powering the Pro.

Sony realise we just want to play games. Not spend ages creating an avatar or waving at a silly camera.

• Like 4

I'm not really sure I understand Microsoft's vision these days. Their "unified platform" ideal seems to have neutered the home console while further strengthening the PC. Not sure if that was their short term answer to trying to deliver a console that many loudly rejected in 2013, but none the less here we are in 2017 and Sony's exclusive list is far superior with Nintendo not far behind (if not ahead, depending on who you are). Ideally, I'd have liked to see Microsoft releasing five or six games alongside the One X to further push this generation. I like Forza and Halo and Gears, but it's just not enough. Neither is Crackdown or Lucky's Tale. The message seemed to be pretty loud back in 2013. We want to play games. It's 2017 and we're still looking for games. That has to change and hopefully it's soon.

Edited by TheMickakaBL
  • Like 2

Xbox One X will sell to the people who don't have a gaming PC yet want to play the multi-plats on the best hardware.  I'm a Sony guy through and through because of my history with them but there is no denying that the X is more powerful than the pro.  This, however, is a very niche group of people.  I don't see it doing to well, but wtf do I know?  

Edited by angelgrievous

Been a Playstation guy since I was 5 years old. Didn't care too much about other consoles; Xbox inc. until it felt like there were moments in this current gen, that Sony wasn't trying as hard as they should be.

So you can say, I'm dissatisfied with the competition of pressure Xbox is currently giving.

I had a xbox 360 cause at that days past the PS3 was too expensive for me... and last year decide to buy a PS4 cause i've played all games on the Xbox One that i want...

I think it's nice if they head challengers in this business but Microsoft needs more exclusive games to make XBox One/X mor intresting in the future.

I could be very wrong about this, but I kinda get the feeling that Microsoft wants to exit the console business and go with the PC crowd. I feel like the XBOX division has kinda thrown in the towel with them canceling/delaying their games and shutting down a lot of their studios.  They're making no attempt in creating first party exclusives which I think is hurting them. I'm not really sure what they're doing to be honest. Maybe with the new XBOX X they can reclaim some of their former customers, but at this rate I don't know. I think even if MS does leave the console business I think Nintendo can provide enough competition for Sony especially since the Switch is selling very well and I hope it continues to do so. Competition is essential and I hope MS can figure out which direction they're going. Right now I feel like they're really lost. 

I think that it is too late for the Xbox division to make a comeback this gen. I've always been a Playstation guy but I would like Microsoft to do better because Playstation are now in a safe place and they know it.

But we, as players, we can see that Playstation has not been doing their best for almost 2 years, in fact they are doing bad decisions like raising the price for the PS+ subscription (which is a shame considering the amount of bad games they give us each and every month) and I also think that the fact that the update 5.0 is going to be so disapointing is another proof that Playstation just doesn't care anymore about doing their best for this gen.

Despite all those negative things I just said, I'm still very happy with what Playstation is doing, I would just like a little more competition from Microsoft so Playstation could do even better :)

Xbox will always stay behind sony in consoles. Sony has better exclusive games . And i had alwasy sony consoles since ps 1, neva had a xbox and i LL neva get one xd. All my pals own mostly a ps 4 or a pc. But the xbox x looks good its a better upgrade then the pro. Both usin mostly fake 4k so its not a bigg difference between the X1X and the pro. 

• Like 1

On 17/09/2017 at 4:54 AM, TheMickakaBL said:

I'm not really sure I understand Microsoft's vision these days. Their "unified platform" ideal seems to have neutered the home console while further strengthening the PC. Not sure if that was their short term answer to trying to deliver a console that many loudly rejected in 2013, but none the less here we are in 2017 and Sony's exclusive list is far superior with Nintendo not far behind (if not ahead, depending on who you are). Ideally, I'd have liked to see Microsoft releasing five or six games alongside the One X to further push this generation. I like Forza and Halo and Gears, but it's just not enough. Neither is Crackdown or Lucky's Tale. The message seemed to be pretty loud back in 2013. We want to play games. It's 2017 and we're still looking for games. That has to change and hopefully it's soon.

It seems that they just tried to make "a PC, but as a console" with X1.

Say what you will about Sony and Nintendo but at least they both understand that console buyers generally just want to play games.

For me, Nintendo is ahead at this point for successfully (in my opinion) integrating home consoles with handheld consoles. I'm mainly gaming on the Switch, with frequent side steps to PS4 for its exclusives and for games that just need a better processor for the graphics, like Assassin's Creed Origins. The only thing the X1 has going for it in my eyes is the Rare Replay collection, and it's missing some of the best Rare titles.