Random messages on PSN.

Cellcrash1991

I've had a few of these this week with different accounts. I assume they're bots as it doesn't matter what you reply, they will always say the same thing. I can't be bothered to change my settings so I've just been ignoring/deleting as soon as I know its the stupid bot. You can choose to either block/ignore or change your settings.

• Like 1

I actually wanted to write a topic about it as well and I asked about it in the chat today. I've had several on different accounts just saying "hi" or "sup". I haven't played online in around 4 months now and they don't have a single trophy either so I assume it's not someone from this forum- they must be bots. It seems like they are being sent from either the mobile phone app or from a ps4, since my ps3 says they are being sent from a different system. 

46 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I had one yesterday and all they said was Hi. I didn't respond to it and probably will block it. They had no trophies or anything on the profile. 

I've gotten a couple of those on my Japanese account. Which has no trophies, zero friends, and one would think fairly difficult to stumble upon to send a message. No doubt in my mind they're bots. Have my main set to Friends Only, and will likely keep it that way. :/ 

Yeah, I've had quite a few of the empty profile, 'hey what's up?' messages, just ignore them, they'll eventually stop.  I did however get a message a few months ago from a random stranger asking 'Can I get your Warframe stuff?', presumably someone having just read 'How to make friends and influence people'...safe to say I ignored that one too, although oddly, I did admire the audacity of it!  ? Haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I had one yesterday and all they said was Hi. I didn't respond to it and probably will block it. They had no trophies or anything on the profile. 

Same, happened to me too, just a message saying "Hello", no info on trophies or anything else... I blocked it.

I can't remember when I received the first of these messages. I received another one last month, I checked the profile of that person and it didn't have any trophies at all. Finally, I got a new message some minutes ago, telling me, just like the others, that that person (again someone with a trophyless profile) found my id on the web, and also asking me how old I was. I couldn't resist and I answered that question by quoting Solid Snake xD After that I asked that person if he wanted to steal my psn data. He/she didn't answered and said that line regarding Call of Duty, the same thing that previous scammers/thieves said. I reported that person thereafter. 

Edited by Deceptrox

You wonder how they find you? They search you up on the thingie on PS4 or whatever. I bet someone has made a ui/api for it using what the app does when you do it. :P I know, because one of them who wanted to buy my user told me. Got plenty of messages on recently created accounts that I've barely played a couple of offline games on and have never shared online too, indicating that they get you from PSN itself. I think there's a privacy option from letting people search you up.

Edited by MMDE

3 hours ago, Cellcrash1991 said:

I don't know if this is placed in the right category. If not, I apologize.

The past few weeks I'm receiving random messages from profiles I don't know. This week alone 3 times. The profiles are always different, the text is always the same:

"I was bored, blabla, searched and found your profile, how old are you?, wanna have fun?, i have free passes for a camshow,..". It's actually pretty annoying. 

Is there any way I can block those messages, without losing the ability that random people can text me ? Also, does this happen to others aswell ? 

I got this too! lol

Got one the other day advertising NHL betting on some no name site. Funniest was from some random blank profile a week ago:

Them: "Are you there??"

Me: "Who is this"

Them: "i found your username from the profile search on psn messanger... i'm just bored and looking for a new person to talk with... :) .....How old r u"

• Like 1