Random messages on PSN.

Cellcrash1991

This happens more frequently than I thought actually. And one time I really thought it was a legit person. She started talking about what game she was currently playing, some details of the game itself and then, out of the blue.. "I'm bored, you wanna have some fun?". I was like... crap. :P I didn't reply after that. But I guess i'll just ignore and block those messages and profiles in the future instead of just deleting them. I don't want to lose the ability to get texted by someone who isn't a PSN friend. 

On 26-8-2017 at 5:06 AM, Shaowsintzu said:

free passes huh! must be a concert you should go ?.

Lol, you wanna join me to the concert? I heard she will let us go backstage too. ?

• Like 1

Also got one last week. I'm actually wondering what their goals are by making contact with us. To get some personal information from you like scamming? I always ignore them just like the rest of us here but it just made me curious what their reasons are behind this stuff.

I've had my PSN profile since late 2013 when the PS4 was released and never received a random message until a few months ago. Somebody messaged me out of the blue and told me they were bored and found my profile and wanted to chat. I ignored the message. This morning I received another message that simply said "hi". I also ignored it.

I am 100% convinced that these messages are from people lurking on this website. Since I started posting on these forums properly back in April I have received those messages as well as countless friend requests from people I do not know.

• Like 1

I got a couple of these in the last week as well.  Lvl 1, no trophies, default avatar.  I don't recall getting any spammy messages like this before (and haven't changed any settings or added friends in a few months), so I guess whoever's doing this is getting better at finding accounts.

@ProfBambam55 Thanks for the lolz :lol:

I got a couple of these lately. At first I replied with song lyrics but then I thought I put too much effort into it and just blocked that shit.

Interestingly enuff I got a friend request today saying this is blah blah, be my friend (stating the same ID the FR came from, it usually mentions the old ID if one of my friends makes a new one). Then I get a blank msg from it. It was a lvl 1 / 0 trophy acct so I blocked it. It might be a new tactic so watch out everyone.

29 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

I keep getting these spambot messages when that spambot messaged me the first time. It's getting out of hand, so now I set my privacy to have friends message me only. Will that help for now?

You might still get Friend Requests from them, as I have. Can block those, too, I think. 

I've got those messages too.  Haven't got one lately on my main account, but if I check my alts, I bet there will be those messages waiting for me.

Edit: just checked my alts, none of them on the first one, one on my jp alt, and 2 on my eu alt.

Edited by locutus442