Random messages on PSN.

Cellcrash1991

I'm tempted to tell those accounts to quit being lazy and get real job and stop trying to hack but not going to give them a way to hack my account again by replying somehow.
Still don't know how it got hacked the first time when I never account shared or clicked on any suspicious link or anything else for that matter I do have two-step verification active now and not like I have credit card info on my account and stuff like this is why I use pre-paid cards I don't even have my real address on there either.
But seems they gave up on Amazon and moved on to PSN. 

@Silent I just got something like that too!!! and someone with name like that! also a female-ish name except they couldnt message me and requested friend since I have messages blocked from non-friends.

11 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

@Silent I just got something like that too!!! and someone with name like that! also a female-ish name except they couldnt message me and requested friend since I have messages blocked from non-friends.

this is very interesting, my hubby got messages from female-ish too and i got from male-ish..... I might change the privacy setting for a while just in case....
Edit: just read online, if your ps4 is protected in the settings, you will still get messages in the ps3 ?

“Something is rotten in the state of Denmark”.....

Edited by BG_painter
  • Like 1

I got the same thing for a few weeks and it keeps going. The first random person was doing exactly the same thing with me with the exact same messages the members here previously said. I stoped and blocked when this dude asked for a "lil fun" and a "private show on webcam". I blocked this piece of crap.

I never thought that I would keep getting friends requests and messages from those useless "virgin accounts" which have no info about them, no trophies zero and default PSN avatar. Why even creating a PSN account if you won't even play online with it?!?! Or not even getting region-specific store contents or boosting trophies with it?!?! This blows my mind. Waste of time and extra server management for Sony.

Remember guys, I ignore all blanked and random people friend requests and "virgin" accounts friend requests now. I only take Trophy hunters friend requests with reasons. For messages, I ignore all those virgin accounts but I'm open to reply to active players, trophy hunters or randoms.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

just a slight heads up...it's 2017...most of our personal information is readily available on the Internet or pretty easy to access...anyone who wants to f**k us over, can, and likely will if they haven't already...i wouldn't recommend freely giving out personal details to random people/bots on the internet but I wouldn't be too paranoid either...

2-step verification is not a bad idea if you like the psn account you have now...haven't heard of any other major psn scams that didn't involve people willingly giving out their info so perhaps a little faith that sony will resolve this is all that's needed... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, redcar200 said:

I got a message that said, " how u doing cutie" that can't be a bot. That's real! 

Sorry, but I got the same one. ;3

I just immediately blocked both the bots that tried starting on me yesterday. Both did send friend requests too. And after I blocked the first one (which was probably 3 hours after it sent the message) another one sent one immediately and called me a cutie. Not going to bother responding when I know those blank profiles are just bots. Didn't bother to report, don't want Sony to ban me. Not my problem if bots make PSN shitty to be on for everyone else.

The first that i received was like 1 month ago in a alt acount. Yesterday i received 3 friend requests and 3 diferent messages from each account, and a few more after that even whitout any reply on my side. All that in about 5 minutes. I just reply that they will get blocked and the messages stop.

P.S. 

Profbambam, you sir are the best ?

Been getting some of those recently too. Probably checking which accounts exist and some might try phishing for login credentials later. Best just ignore, block any messages from other than friends and make sure you have 2-step verification active (if applicable). Though I hear 2-step verifications can be hacked too. Haven't heard if it's happened for PSN accounts.

Got one of those messages too today, since at first i thought they where being serious i was just like "Yeah listen, i'm on psn to play games, if i wanna small talk i go on facebook" but then i got the reply  of "22.f" and i thought something was up.

Luckily i dont accept any random peoples friends request without message and good reason anyway. 

Got a message from the same person this past Monday.

They're looking for people on these forums who are active, but my hunch is this is the same stalker who has 30 - 50 throwaway profiles on PSN.

Whatever you do DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. That is the first thing they will try to get out of you.

Whoever this asshole is isn't doing this to make friends. He's there to take advantage, because I got the exact same response as you guys did.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Got a message from the same person this past Monday.

They're looking for people on these forums who are active, but my hunch is this is the same stalker who has 30 - 50 throwaway profiles on PSN.

Whatever you do DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. That is the first thing they will try to get out of you.

Whoever this asshole is isn't doing this to make friends. He's there to take advantage, because I got the exact same response as you guys did.

Never-active accounts, only for buying stuff, no trophies on, no online...got that shit, too

What I find stupid is that when you report one of these blank accounts playstation come back saying they investigated and found nothing to breach their code of conduct.

They then also say abusing the report function could be a breach! Yes a standard response but still... STUPID. 

• Like 1