Daily Contracts Thread (Questions and Tips)

aZombieDictator

First off I'm making this because I'm curious if when a contract gets completed while your offline if it still counts. For example if I get online and accept a contract, then get off and go to work come home and get back on and the contract is gone, does that count or no? I've sadly given up on the platinum because hardcore gamer and shard shark, but I'm still attempting to get the contract trophy on the off chance they fix those trophies. Or more information comes about for them.

Also for some of the more annoying and difficult contracts post tips here. Like places to get certain kills, missions to grind in.

For example with the boombot kills you can do Daisy's agent mission and get like 10+ boombot kills.

I heard it from someone that they got some contracts done while offline and trophy popped at 15.

However I had to do 17, not sure exactly why but I did 1 private and 1 completed offline.

I'm putting hardcore gamer and shard shark on hold too til they fix it or full guide for shards.

Tips:

Gremlin Tech: Spam something with quick cooldown and duration like Gutterball Gun.

Special Kills: Play on difficulty 0. Climb a Legion controlled outpost with Oni and destroy things till you have lvl 3-4 alert. Then only shoot enemies (they will keep respawning) with his special that instantly recharges if it kills. I'd do it on the roof so less obstacles. You can throw in his Mayhem every once in a while, should be another task in the same contract.

Chests: Go around in circles at the docks with containers searching high and low, they will keep spawning. Or do Lairs and search for hidden rooms, should be 10-15 chests per lair.

Enemies: Some of the bigger enemies you'll find in lairs like tanktroopers, bufftroopers, etc. If you find a room where you have to defeat the leader to progress, after you defeat them just go into the pause menu and restart from checkpoint. If you're lucky it will put you back to the beginning of the same room and not a couple of rooms before. You can keep clearing the room and restarting. Leaders are random. I could never complete the Elites so this might not work for them. If anyone has a specific mission for each enemy, feel free to use that.

Golems, Ice Barrage, Fracking: There's no trick to them really but if you have none on your map and want them to spawn just do whatever else you got on the map, like outposts (most important I think), lairs, or that globe thingy you have to destroy. It's random really what shows up but no new ones become available until you do what you do have.

Legion Alerts: This should be obvious but just start killing pedestrians til you get your alert to lvl 1 then move onto Legion. You have to make it reach max lvl and kill the final big guy. Running away and letting the alert go down doesn't count. After clearing the alert you have to wait about a minute before you can do it again.

Pride Captains: It should be in the same contract as Legion alerts, in fact by clearing alerts you should get at least one captain to appear usually.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 2

Lol, already had that up there. I just added to do it at an outpost because you keep your alert level as long as you don't destroy any more equipment and the enemies keep respawning.

Btw, alert lvl 1-3 mostly spawns Helltropers and lvl. 4 spawns Blitztroopers if you need those specific kills. You can also grind out the Critical, Fine Aim and Melee Kills there. I don't really have a good place for Swarmtroopers. But most of these are easy just playing the game normally.

Edited by DizzyDavidson

1 hour ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Lol, already had that up there. I just added to do it at an outpost because you keep your alert level as long as you don't destroy any more equipment and the enemies keep respawning.

Btw, alert lvl 1-3 mostly spawns Helltropers and lvl. 4 spawns Blitztroopers if you need those specific kills. You can also grind out the Critical, Fine Aim and Melee Kills there. I don't really have a good place for Swarmtroopers. But most of these are easy just playing the game normally.

Oops. I didn't read that or it was edited in?

It's also so stupid you can't do these kills in the wreck room...

Edited by aZombieDictator

They should have allowed XP gain and contract kills allowed in the wreck room. Wreck room was insanely disappointing too. Completed it today and it was a cake walk, you only get like $10,000 for completing them all and there's no bonus for finishing it. But oh well.

Also still haven't got the contract trophy. I swear I've done 15 by now if they count when you're offline.

I've always had the swarmtroopers be completed way before blitz. Blitztroopers are the problem it seems. But you can find a bunch in I think it's the second machine man quest.

Lol right after I typed about the blitztroopers I get on and see the contract is done for the other two and at 183/300 for the blitz.

Some of these contracts are just absolutely horrible. Like I've never seen the one with the legion alerts or captains get finished.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I've always had the swarmtroopers be completed way before blitz. Blitztroopers are the problem it seems. But you can find a bunch in I think it's the second machine man quest.

Lol right after I typed about the blitztroopers I get on and see the contract is done for the other two and at 183/300 for the blitz.

Some of these contracts are just absolutely horrible. Like I've never seen the one with the legion alerts or captains get finished.

Blitztroopers you can combine them with legion alert level as they spawn 7-8 of them around level 3 or 4 i think. 

So I'm pretty certain you have to be online when a contract completes. I've been accepting all three contracts everyday since the game launched and I still don't have the trophy. It was the easy ones today and I accepted them, did a little work on them, went to work came home and all three were gone and I didn't get any money or cores. This trophy is just so dumb. If it's like that you have to constantly online to get contracts counted.

That could be it. I remember I started one as private (completed) and another got done while offline and mine didn't pop till 17. 

I did check for reward for the offline one and I believe I got it (well the money at least I forgot to check my cores before completion) but I guess it still didn't count.

The idea is kinda cool for the trophy but the execution is really poor, especially in a SP only game.

I checked the computer inside the ARK since I thought I should have the contract trophies at this point. It says I've completed 49 contracts and I still haven't got the trophies for connected contracts or agent/world contracts. Obviously this is mathematically impossible to not have at least one of the trophies. Am I missing something or am I just screwed out of these trophies? I see people having trouble with the connected one but I don't see anything about the regular one. 

• 5 months later...
On 8/26/2017 at 11:38 AM, aZombieDictator said:

Just thought of another tip. For the contract with the 900 special kills just take Oni to a lower difficulty and spam his special. Every kill resets the special and if you're low enough difficulty you can spam it and it will keep getting refreshed on every kill.

There's actually a really good way to cheese the 1800 kills and special kills in a legion base. So I don't know if my game glitched or not, but for the base where you have to destroy 3 parts of the base I simply avoided destroying the parts and the enemies infinitely spawned on me. I hope this helps! Of course, you have to get lucky and get a base where you have to destroy 3 parts of it. 

On 9/1/2017 at 9:49 AM, aZombieDictator said:

Who knows. Maybe the contracts are even glitched too. Volition is just screwing us out of another Platinum. I'm still salty about Saints Row IV...

Did anyone find out about this trophy yet? I've been signing in and joining public connected contracts and have about 40 of them done total. Of course I have no idea how many connected there are completed of that list, but I haven't got the agent contracts trophy yet so there's no way to tell. 

For those who got the trophy please let me know what the true technique is. 

Thank you!         

• Like 1

it's glitched as fuck. right now i have completed 27 online contracts and no trophy for me here.  i love this game but it's ridiculous and pathetic that they added ONE online trophy and this one does not work at fuckin' all. makes me angry cause i play this shit for a month now and can't complete it due to bad progging. i'm so tired that so many fail once the add online trophies. take ALL online trophies out of all games and it's fine. 

hope this trophy pops in the next days i do not want to grind anymore. 

4 hours ago, NathanDarko said:

it's glitched as fuck. right now i have completed 27 online contracts and no trophy for me here.  i love this game but it's ridiculous and pathetic that they added ONE online trophy and this one does not work at fuckin' all. makes me angry cause i play this shit for a month now and can't complete it due to bad progging. i'm so tired that so many fail once the add online trophies. take ALL online trophies out of all games and it's fine. 

hope this trophy pops in the next days i do not want to grind anymore. 

Yeah it really stinks. I wish someone had a true answer honestly. Once it does pop for me I'll let this thread know what I did exactly. I fear that I need to be online while the contract is completed for it to count (which is stupid because the counter keeps adding it). VERY STUPID. 

On 4.2.2018 at 4:21 PM, Seskinator said:

Yeah it really stinks. I wish someone had a true answer honestly. Once it does pop for me I'll let this thread know what I did exactly. I fear that I need to be online while the contract is completed for it to count (which is stupid because the counter keeps adding it). VERY STUPID. 

yes, mate. it's totally annoying. i have no problem with finishing online contracts. it's abolutely okay but it's not okay when it's glitched as fuck. i can confirm that all friends of mine tol d me that the trophy popped when they finished a contract and they were online and they finished the contract actively. 

now i have 31 online contracts finished and still no trophy. i will try it again everyday.

another problem is that some contracts are absolutely stupid. guess i never found 60 boom bots for example. they are totally rare.

the best one is to open 75 chests and collect 180.000 money this one is a quick one and can be done alone within an hour. 

On 2/5/2018 at 1:05 PM, NathanDarko said:

yes, mate. it's totally annoying. i have no problem with finishing online contracts. it's abolutely okay but it's not okay when it's glitched as fuck. i can confirm that all friends of mine tol d me that the trophy popped when they finished a contract and they were online and they finished the contract actively. 

now i have 31 online contracts finished and still no trophy. i will try it again everyday.

another problem is that some contracts are absolutely stupid. guess i never found 60 boom bots for example. they are totally rare.

the best one is to open 75 chests and collect 180.000 money this one is a quick one and can be done alone within an hour. 

So in other words, you have to finish the connected contract yourself privately rather than join an existing contract and even if you are online AND contribute to the contract it still doesn't count??

Lord, this is so terrible. I thought the purpose of a CONNECTED contract was just finish it ONLINE with others and have others contribute.

Unless I'm totally misinterpreting what you are saying lol 

nope, i guess you CAN connect to other players but in my mind you have to be online once the contracts are just about to get finished. -.- it's so stupid.

update from today: finished all three contracts, have been online as they end and still no trophy -.- 31 online contracts finished now, now trophy. 

will try it again tomorrow.

1 hour ago, NathanDarko said:

nope, i guess you CAN connect to other players but in my mind you have to be online once the contracts are just about to get finished. -.- it's so stupid.

update from today: finished all three contracts, have been online as they end and still no trophy -.- 31 online contracts finished now, now trophy. 

will try it again tomorrow.

I think I have 50+ overall contracts completed and I don't have Contracted Thriller OR Killer trophies right now lol. It's horrible. I'm not actively going for the offline agent contracts though. We can motivate each other to keep moving for that plat! lolol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seskinator said:

I think I have 50+ overall contracts completed and I don't have Contracted Thriller OR Killer trophies right now lol. It's horrible. I'm not actively going for the offline agent contracts though. We can motivate each other to keep moving for that plat! lolol

haha yes, it's a pain in the ass ^^  i do have the trophy for the 30 offline contracts so i know exactly when it's popped and how many online contracts i have finished. let's see what happens today. 

never had luck with games from this developer. i played saint's row a few years ago and guess what happened?`i had such a crazy glitch that i haven't received ANY trophy, even the unmissable automatic ones for finishing the missions for example ? never had that before in 7 years of trophy hunting. 

i should overthink buying games from them in the future lol

Edited by NathanDarko