PS3 Clock Keeps Spinning?

SlaveBeastTaka

Hello Everyone, I've had my PS3 Slim for almost a decade now. and, last year I upgraded my PS3 to a 1TB HDD. And, now I think its starting to mess up. Because, the other day. I logged into my account. Nothing would load up. My games or even my avatar. And, the clock kept spinning. My HDD became corrupted. Or that's what i think happened. My ps3 looks and sounds fine. Im going to give it a another chance. see what happens. Is it just my HDD and has this happened to you. Please let me know. To be honest I don't want to buy another PS3 Slim. There pretty expensive. Thanks.   And, one last thing. I heard that turning your ps3 off when its saving to the hdd. and says not to shut off the ps3 while its saving. Is one of the reasons. Which I have done, but not on purpose. Sometime im busy, and I have to. I hate doing that though. 

And, when I say games. I mean, my PSN games. Downloaded from the PSN Store. I have 71 PSN Games, that wouldn't load up on the XMB Menu. 

Edited by SlaveBeastTaka

12 minutes ago, SlaveBeastTaka said:

And, one last thing. I heard that turning your ps3 off when its saving to the hdd. and says not to shut off the ps3 while its saving. Is one of the reasons. Which I have done, but not on purpose. Sometime im busy, and I have to. I hate doing that though. 

You answered you're own question. Sounds very likely that it was data corruption.

#1 rule, never turn anything off while the HDD is being accessed since this is exactly what will happen eventually. They tell you not to do it for a reason.

Try to go into safe mode and rebuild the database and see if that helps

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 1

Try to restore the file system and/or rebuild the database and see if that helps.

As has already been said, don't turn off the PS3 when data is being accessed. I'd recommend always quitting back to the game's title screen (if possible, or just pause it) and then quitting back to the XMB to turn off the console, just to be on the safe side. I've been doing that for years on all my consoles, and the only times I've gotten corrupted saves, is when a game has frozen or crashed while it was saving (thankfully no data lost due to any power outages yet).

I've had an issue twice where, when quitting back to the XMB from a game, all the icons (including my digital games) are either broken, stuck in an infinite spinning loop, or just aren't there at all.

First time it happened, all I did was quit out of a digital game, second time, I had an error code telling me the game couldn't start, then it booted me back to the XMB where everything seemed to be struggling to load in. Was fine after a reboot.

I haven't changed the HDD in this PS3 personally though, it's actually still just under a year old (super slim, brought brand new, got it after my fat finally kicked the bucket), and I've been having quite a few weird issues with it since I got it, especially with the disc drive.

Edited by SuperSmexy500