Best obscured PS3 game in your opinion?

RedDead3001

On 1/29/2018 at 4:36 PM, OhTheSilence said:

The original Nier is a classic, although I'm not sure I'd consider it an obscure game now that Automata has been successful.

Other than that, I think Alice: Madness Returns is criminally overlooked.

That's a nice one. I nearly overlooked it myself, because I started by playing American McGee's Alice, which was just awful. 

On 2/6/2018 at 0:58 PM, starcrunch061 said:

That's a nice one. I nearly overlooked it myself, because I started by playing American McGee's Alice, which was just awful. 

The original alice is so awful, it's the first game that made me seriously consider quitting trophy hunting, while I was playing it.

best obscure games

Dragon's Crown (it was free for plus so maybe not that obscure)

Asura's Wrath

Edited by VanDeaM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure which of the following games would classify as "obscured" but here they go:

• Singularity
  • 3D Dot Game Heroes
  • Blur
  • Okami HD
  • Vanquish
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection (har har har!)
  • Dragon's Crown
  • and maybe, maybe No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise and Lollipop Chainsaw.

This list is based on games I've played of course.

Glad to see both Singularity and 3D Game Heroes being mentioned quite a number of times on previous posts... So, when are we getting the sequels on those? ?

On 8/27/2017 at 10:43 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

BTW, how is Catherine? I've always wanted to play it, but just haven't gotten around to buying it...

Catherine is a great game but just wait as Atlus is making Catherine Full Body (basically an Enhanced Port) for PS4 & PSVita.

I would put Catherine itself but since it has already been said I think I might mention the two SAW games, they have issues of course but as a huge fan of the franchise (plus a few easy Platinums so hell yeah) I enjoyed them a lot.

I'll also mention would be the two XBlaze games, from Arc System Works, they take place in an alternate worldline/reality of BlazBlue and feature ES who eventually was introduced as a playable fighter in BlazBlue Central Fiction... Also the two leads in the second XBlaze (simply titled Me and Little Sister) are obviously younger versions of Konoe A. Mercury/Nine The Phantom & Celica A. Mercury from BlazBlue (it's never confirmed in game but everything from the appearance to even the voice actresses being the same for those characters in both series) I'll say XBlaze is underappreciated as It is a spin off from a Fighting Game and is a Visual Novel series with Jap Dub only (kinda hate that shit honesty but whatevs)

Oh I just thought of another one actually (forgot because I no longer own it but gonna look for a copy on Ebay right now) and that is a JRPG called Time & Eternity, it was pretty cool from what I played of it, has a cool Anime graphics style that hasn't been done anywhere else either (literally every character is hand drawn and animated in 3D Rendered worlds it's bloody AMAZING) highly recommend it guys :D 

I didn't see many friends here recommend PSN games on PS3, so let me start:

I Am Alive: personally i prefer this game than The Last of Us, sure TLOU brought us the most amazing gaming experience on PS3 but I Am Alive has brought me the most realistic surviving awarness. Besides shame that Ubisoft has cut 2/3 of content off before the completion of production because of the funds.

Alien Breed Trilogy: fantastic shoot'em up games, with 3 not that difficult platinums.

Spec Ops The Line: In the middle of the game, you will realise what "the line" means. Great TPS game.

Escape Dead Island: This game isn't good, but as a spin-off of DI franchise, it has the most beautiful cel-shading graphic at 3rd person camera.

I'm so glad Mini Ninjas got a shoutout here! It is definitely up there as one my favourite PS3 titles, bought it on the off chance in ASDA and was so pleasantly surprised! Cartoony graphics, adorable character models, smooth gameplay and fun boss battles with some nice subtle humour and lovely traditional Japanese ambient soundtrack to accompany it - yet most people have never even heard of it, let alone played it!