Trophy Tips

FleaSixty

This is a quite simple platinum to get although it is a bit of a boring grind for some of the trophies, that being said here are a few tips to make it go a bit quicker for you guys.

Newbie & Veteran Trophies

The Blowfish campaign is pretty short but you can make this quicker by just running through most areas as long as you activate the terminals when you see them to open the doors to reach the next part. There is only 3 sections where you have to fight a named boss to get to the next section. (Mech-man, T-Rex and a Head that shoots laser beams) Don't worry about dying as you don't have any lives so can just keep blasting away. 

Building Trophies

Select build and then choose to edit your map. Now press the R1 button to place a few blocks and then just hold down L1 and R1 and do something else for about 20 minutes as this will then place and delete a block repeatedly making the place 10,000 blocks a bit easier to gain.

For the Capture the Flag and checkpoint trophies just place these on the ground and the trophies pop straight away.

The terminal trophy will need you to place 5 of the terminals down and then press the triangle button to program them, just click to add text and just add anything then back out and rinse and repeat for all 5 terminals.

Architecture Trophy (Publish 20 maps)

For this one just keep creating and editing a map and then saving it and backing out. Select build again and choose the publish option. Once published click edit and add a block then back out again and publish again and just repeat. 

Weapon Kills

You can kill people before the game starts and these do count towards your stats so 

These can be achieved in 4 player split screen with only two pads, setup your game (offline) ready to launch and sign in as another player with your 2nd pad and press triangle to add them, now hold down the PlayStation button and select power - switch user, now sign in as another player and press triangle then repeat once more then launch the game with your original pad.

In split-screen only the player that just died can see what they are doing, while this is a problem you can still see their names so use this as a reference point to find them once you have picked up the weapons you need from the level. (Most weapon kill maps have the weapons nearby so it's not really a problem finding them).

There are a few maps already made for the trophies by some kind people. You can either search for the trophy name itself or create your own, I made one for the marksman trophy (named Marksman) using the E-Bow but be warned the bow doesn't fire where your marker is and kind of pulls either to the left or right. 

A few terms to search for are flamethrower, TA Weapons and Genocide.

Mechman and T-Rex trophies

You may get these during the Blowfish campaign if not then search for Mechman and you should see one called 'Mechman in a box' here you can farm that trophy. I will edit the map later on and add the T-Rex to it so you can get both. 

Rating Trophies

The game has trophies for liking and disliking user created content, you must complete a full game to rate a map. Please feel free to dislike the above mentioned 'Mechman in a box' level rather than disliking the first map you come across. 

Specific Modes Trophies

For the survival mode trophy select the last man standing mode as the other survival game mode doesn't seem to work properly as it just hangs after killing the other players and doesn't re-spawn them.

All these are pretty self explanatory and shouldn't give you any trouble.

Trophies not unlocking and other fixes

I had a problem with the first blood trophy not unlocking, this may have been caused by jumping straight into a genocide map after booting the game up. If this happens to you then complete all the other trophies and then delete your save and start a new offline split-screen game in deathmatch and shoot the other player when the round starts officially. 

Trophies don't seem to be unlocking? Close the game and restart seems to fix the problem. I am sure I did over the number required for the Architecture trophy and it didn't seem to pop so I closed my game and restarted it and published a map and it popped straight away.

2 players in split-screen moving on one pad seems to be an issue, this can be fixed by once again closing the app and restarting it once again.

And that's about it, hope these help and good luck grinding out the boring Marksman trophy. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...