Save glitch warning

hamzamon

This is a warning to anyone playing this game there is major bug which will delete all your save data in the game when u attempt to save at a certain save spot.

Most players have reported it at Landmark tower areas last save point before the boss but some claim this happened at sea paraiso dungeon well i just had this happen to me at the worst time (i was so close to level 100) and it happened at frickin Papiko mall (the 2nd dungeon) do not play this game unless u have the means to back up your save data EVERYTIME YOU SAVE this error may be one that can randomly occur at several different save points or possibly all of them please be careful. As for me im done with this for a long time i may come back after a year when im bored

• 2 months later...

I just saw the game on sale for 19,99.

Since I'm really interested in it, I wanted to know if the game ever got a patch since this thread was opened? Uploading your save everytime after saving your game data doesn't sound too tempting..:stalker:

Edited by Izul

to those who are asking nope its not been patched however it isnt an absolute unsolvable problem if you have ps+ just back up your data regularly (after every successful save)

Another less tedious option is to save in the entrances of a dungeon instead of the save points.

Also to those who want to play it but dont have a vita or dont want to deal with this at all a ps4 remake will be released in japan soon so you can do this on the ps4 without all the glitchiness since i doubt it they'd leave such a major glitch in there in a remake plus ps4 has more manageable save options

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 20/04/2018 at 6:42 AM, fisty123 said:

When does the crash happen?
Is it during the save or does it happen when you next go to load the save file?

Since no one replyed to you and you got the Plat, did you figure out how to see if the bug happened or it never happened to you? 

I'm still playing this now and then and that info would be useful, thanks! 

6 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Since no one replyed to you and you got the Plat, did you figure out how to see if the bug happened or it never happened to you? 

I'm still playing this now and then and that info would be useful, thanks! 

I never got the glitch to happen to me, I did avoid saving the game right at the final boss as its only a minute walk once you have everything opened up. 
I also made more effort into saving at the entrance more times then saves in the dungeons, However I did backup the save file almost every day :D 

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

I never got the glitch to happen to me, I did avoid saving the game right at the final boss as its only a minute walk once you have everything opened up. 
I also made more effort into saving at the entrance more times then saves in the dungeons, However I did backup the save file almost every day :D 

OK, thanks!

I actually do a backup before I start playing. But I have not paid much attention to where I save.. 

And I was asking because I'm not sure if we can backup a glitches save into ps+ cloud, or if the glitch wipe out all save slots data (I'm alternating the save slot where I'm saving, so if 1 glitches I wouldn't lose to much. 

• 1 month later...

This thread is a little bit old, but I still wanted to chime in.

Caligula on Vita is an amazing game, so despite the save bug, I would still recommend people to give it a try if the game interests them. You can avoid the bug by being precautious; do not save at the locations that are reported to trigger the bug, save outside dungeons through the menu, and when you grind for the 100 level trophy, you can save after the credits when the game prompts you (repeating the last boss battle is the quickest way to reach level 100). I heard that if you get affected, all of your save slots would disappear, but since I didn't get the bug, I can't confirm this claim.

The Caligula Overdose PS4 game isn't reported to have save bugs, but at least the Japanese version is mentioned to have some other bugs/glitches, ranging from freezing problems to a game-breaking one where a battle that is needed to progress won't happen. However, these are supposedly fixed with the 1.02 update. Some claims like falling through maps are not addressed in the update information.

Personally I think the Vita version is superior in many respects, but it's just an opinion and everyone should pick the version they find best suited to their tastes.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

while i agree the vita version is great its hardly going to be anything compared to what i have seen in the trailers and content for overdose as well as brief LPs. As far as bugs go at the very least there isnt one which will destroy every save file (has happened to me)

the game will just have more in it as well as a better story and hopefully less ridiculous grinding.

Also its not as though the save glitch is the vitas only problem

ive has issues where enemies become stuck behind walls where i cant kill them and they cant move

the vitaversion also crashed many times while i was playing meaning not saving wasnt a good idea (of course the glitch was still lurking

make no mistake the vita version isnt bad but overdose isnt just some port its a complete remake and as for bugs we'll have to wait till march to see how bad those get